Alpha Mine

By MercyRose

For the most part Dava's led a happy life. She had everything that she needed; a loving family, a good home... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7, Part 1
Chapter 7, Part 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11- Part 1
Chapter 11, Part 2
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15, Part 1
Chapter 15, Part 2
Chapter 16, Part 1
Chapter 16, Part 2
Chapter 17
Chapter 18, Part 1
Chapter 18, Part 2
Chapter 19
Chapter 20, Part 1 of 3
Chapter 20 (Part 2 of 3)
Chapter 20 (Part 3 of 3)
Chapter 21 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 21 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 23 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 24 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 24 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 26 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Part 1)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 29 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 30 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 30 (Part 2 of 2)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 (Part 1 of 2)
Chapter 33, Part 1
Chapter 33, Part 2

Chapter 32 (Part 2 of 2)

79.7K 4.2K 1.1K
By MercyRose

“Alpha Mine”

2014 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 32 (Part 2 of 2)

She had to find him.  There were no if’s, and’s or but’s about it.  Dava had to get to Adam and she had to get to him before it was too late.  She just had to because the alternative, well, there really wasn’t an alternative because if he didn’t find a way to live then she was pretty sure that she would not be able to survive without him. 

Survival was the only option.  She was determined to reach him even as she felt the last bit of his life draining out of him.  She just had to make it to him.  See him.  Touch him.  Do something other than standing around and feeling his very essence pulling away from her.

Pushing herself harder than she'd ever pushed before her paws felt like they were floating across the moss covered ground. She was getting closer.  She knew it because her wolf sensed their connection getting stronger with each frantic step that she took. 

They were getting closer to him and that's all she cared about.  “Hang on,” she whispered fiercely through their connection. “Please…for the sake of the Goddess, just hang on!” 

Moving faster now she easily jumped over a small creek and then flew around a bend feeling her skin hum with his nearness.  She was really close.  So close that all she cold smell was his blood, her mate's blood, so thick in the air.  She jumped again, narrowly avoiding a weathered stump and then suddenly she was there.  

Breathing heavily, all she could do was stare at the limp figure hunched over on the ground.  He wasn't moving.

For a brief second she felt her heart stop beating in her chest.  No!  It couldn't be. Not yet.

She blinked her eyes not wanting to see what was so clearly in front of her.  Her wolf had led her straight to him.  Adam.  Her mate.

She took a step in his direction but he still wasn’t moving.  With her keen wolf’s eyes she spotted a pool of crimson red liquid seeping into the ground underneath him. 

“Da-va?”  Adam croaked. 

Hearing her name on his lips she immediately shifted back into her human form.  Unable to hold back any longer she ran to his side and dropped helplessly to her knees.  She couldn’t believe any of this was happening.  They’d just found each other.  Wasn't it just a few days ago that Adam had brought her back from the brink of death? 

She couldn’t lose him now.

Grabbing his face with her hands she turned his head so that she could see into his eyes.  His face was pale.  Too pale and his skin felt way to cold to the touch. 

There was just so much blood.  Thick, potent and it covered almost every inch of her mate.  His tattered clothing was soaked with it.  His hair was matted with it.  Even a small rivulet of red spilled from the corner of his mouth.

Feeling her touch, Adam’s eyes struggled to open.  "Da...va," he whispered out, when he finally honed in on her.  "My beau-ti-ful Dava.  I, I love you."

His lips curved up just a little at the corners.  He looked so peaceful and yet so sad at the same time.  "Don’t ever forget,” he started to speak again.  “That I... love... you for now… and for-ever."

"I love you too," she told him fiercely, meaning it from the bottom of her heart.  "I love you so much.  And as soon as you heal we’ll…"

He shook his head.  “No… live,” he whispered.  “You run away from here.  You… be strong.  You live.”  He stopped for a second and took a ragged breath. “You,” he told her staring deeply into her eyes.  “You live…you live for us.”

His chest gave one more heave as his last breath wheezed loudly from his lungs.

"Adam?"  Dava started to panic.  “Adam,” she tried again, squeezing his cheeks with her hands.  “I need you.”

His eyes rolled into the back of his head and then they fluttered closed. 

“Adam?” She screamed.  “Adam? I need you to talk to me.  You better open your damn eyes and talk to me right now!” She demanded.

The forest surrounding them went completely still.  No sounds.  No movements.  No nothing.

It was then that she felt it.  The sharp pain from their newly formed connection snaps in two. The pain stole the breath from her chest.  It was like someone had driven a butcher knife straight into the deepest part of her soul and twisted it until there there was just-nothing.  Nothing but a hard, cold emptiness filling her chest, freezing the pain.

“No!”  She yelled at the top of her lungs.  This was not happening.  “No! No!  No!  Damn you Adam!  You better not think that you can leave me that easily.  Not now.  Not today!  Not anytime!  Don’t you fucking dare or so help me…?” 

Tears spilled shamelessly down her cheeks, blurring her vision.  She knew that he was already gone.  She’d felt him leave her. 

She had been too late.  Adam, her mate lay motionless in her arms because she was too late to save him.

“Dava,” a gentle hand touched her shoulder.  She recognized the voice as her brother’s but wanted nothing to do with him.  All she wanted was for Adam to open up his eyes again and tell her that he was going to be okay.  Growling low in her throat she jerked away from his touch and wrapped her shaking arms around her mate’s cold form.  She pressed her cheek to his and held on with everything she had in her. 

“Dava, sweetheart?  He’s gone.” Jason tried again.  Her pain was breaking his heart but he had to think about her safety first.  That was priority.  They needed to get back to a safe house.  Pronto.

He tried to get through to her again.  “There is nothing more that we can do for him.  He’s with the Goddess now,” he assured her. 

When she still didn’t respond, he bent down and tried to pull on her arm.  “Listen Dava, I know this is hard for you but we need to get out of here, now.  I don't know how much longer it will be before the rogues find us.  We aren't safe here.”

Dava whipped around and with surprising speed, she knocked Jason's hand away from her.  "Don't," she warned in a gravely voice.  "Don't make me leave him."

Jason stood his ground.  "Sweetheart, look."  He pointed at Adam's body.  "Can't you see that he is already gone."  She glanced down at Adam but didn't speak.  Jason pushed on.  "He's with the Goddess now.  Do you really think he'd want you out here in the open where you could be attacked at any second?"

She refused to look at her twin and continued to keep her silence.  There had to be another way.  

"Well, do you?" he asked impatiently.  They sounds of fighting were getting closer.  He really needed to get them out of here now or it might be too late for all of them.

She started to shake her head back and forth.  "No," she spoke the one word with such a deadly calm.  "It's not over.  It can't be over."  Bringing her wrist to her mouth, she let her canines elongate and then bit into her skin. Quickly her blood welled up at the newly made puncture wounds.  Using her other hand, she grabbed Adam's chin and pulled, forcing his mouth to open.   "My blood can save him.  It can help bring him back like his blood brought me back."

"Looks like someone is going coo-coo for coa-coa puffs." Blake replied from behind in a slightly bored tone.

"Shut it," Jason warned.

Blake rolled her eyes and crossed her arm over her chest.  "Just pointing out the obvious, Sherlock."

"One more word," he said, "and I'll make you regret the day that you were born."

"Ha!," she almost choked on her own laugh. "Let me let you in on a little secret.  Since finding out that I'm supposed to be tied to you for the rest of my miserable life, I already do regret the day I was born.  But whatever.  Any time you feeling froggy go ahead and jump big boy."

Jason sighed.  "So help me," he murmured under his breath and then turned his back on her. Right now he needed to focus on his his twin.  He'd deal with his wayward mate later.  "Dava, listen to me.  We have to go," he said sharply.  "Time is running out."  

"No," she snapped, holding her wrist over Adam's open mouth.  Her determined gaze stayed on his still body while she willed him to accept what she was giving him.  "Not yet.  I can do this.  I can bring him back. I Know I can."

"No, Dava.  No, you can't because he's already gone.  I'm sorry. It's not going to work."

"I can, Jason.  I know I can," she cried, pressing her wrist harder against Adam's slack mouth.  "Come on, drink damn it.  Take it.  You have to drink."

Jason stooped down on his knee by his sister.  "He can't drink because he's already gone.  It's too late.  We need to leave now."

"Never!"  She screamed again.  "He will drink.  He just has to because I'm not going to leave here without him."

Jason reached over and picked up Adams hand.  He checked for a pulse and when he felt nothing he shook his head.  "Look.  Check for yourself."  He held out Adams arm to her.  She just stared blankly at it, refusing to acknowledged Jason's words.

When she didn't take his arm, he laid it carefully across Adam's chest.  "He's gone," he told her again.  "Nothing you or I do will bring him back.  Not even your blood will bring him back.  You know this."

She wrenched her head up and glared at her brother.  A silent rage burned bright in her irises.  They started to give off a strange iridescent bluish color that Jason had never seen before.  Not on any wolf or any man or woman in this case.  

"I'm not going to leave him and you can't make me," she vowed, her voice sounding deep and scratchy.  Sounding nothing like the sweet Dava he'd always known.  

"Okay," he breathed out slowly.  "Obviously, you aren't going to listen to reason. Your grieving and I understand that but right now your safety is my priority."  He started to stand.  "We can do this one of two ways.  The easy way or the hard way.  What do you say?"

"I said," she growled, "I'm not going anywhere.  I'm not leaving without my mate."

"And I don't recall that being one of the choices," he replied calmly.  The fighting was now getting too close.  Any second the rouges would be upon them.  As of right now, their time was officially up.  Jason didn't have a choice.  He was going to have to grab Dava and make a run for it.  

"Blake," he called out her name but didn't turn to her.  "When I say run, run like hell."

"I'm already two steps ahead of you bud.  You can stay with psycho sis.  I'm taking my ass back to the safe house."  Turning around, she shifted and was gone before he could even give her a smart-ass reply which at this time was probably what was best for all of them.  Staring down at Dava he knew he was was going to have his hands full enough as it was.

There was no time like the present.

Unable to wait any longer, he made his move.  

"I'm sorry," was all the warning that he gave her.  It was all that he could afford to give her because any second those rogues were going to be here and he did not want to be here when they finally decided to show their ugly mugs.  

Bending down, he wrapped both of his arms around Dava's small frame and pulled her quickly away from Adam's dead body.

He didn't give her any time to react.  Twisting around, he restrained her against his chest and she immediately started screeching at the top of her lungs.

"No!" She screamed.  "You can't do this.  You can't make me leave him!"  She dug her claws deep into his forearms and did everything she could to kick away from his restraining hold.

He hissed at the stinging pain but refused to let her go.  With Dava like this there was no way that he could shift and hold her at the same time so his only choice was to run.  

Getting ready to do just that he spun around but before he could even take a step an intense white light encompassed both him and Dava.  The light was so hot, so strong that he was forced to drop her in order to shield his eyes from the heat.   

"What the hell?" was all he could manage before the searing light brought him to his knees. Literally.      

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 40.9K 27
Aviana was raised in a city by a small family. It started with her mother, father, big brother and her. Now it's just her and her father. Knowing no...
36.5K 1.2K 21
WHEN ALESSANDRA THINKS ABOUT HER MATE, SHE IMAGINES HIM BEING A LOVING PERSON WHO WOULD GIVE HIS LIFE JUST LIKE HER BROTHER HAS SAID HE WOULD FOR HIS...
886 22 32
A 17 year old boy named Dagen lived a somewhat normal life, well as normal as it could be with having helicopter shut in's as parents. he had no frie...
49.7K 1.8K 32
He once told me no one knows the real him.I didn't think he meant it, and not in a good way. He is a straight A student, and everyone knows it, not t...