Chapter 20 (Part 2 of 3)

“Alpha Mine”

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Edited By: LadyDawn

Chapter 20 (Part 2 of 3)

Adam raised his hands to the sides of his unsteady head and tried to sit up.  There was a terrible throbbing driving him to distraction but that was the least of his concerns.  Right now he needed to see her with his own two eyes.  He needed to see Dava so that he would know he hadn’t been dreaming when this beautiful she wolf marked him as her own.  He had to see his mate. 

Slowly, he struggled to force his eyes open.  It took him a minute and at first his vision was foggy and blurred.  But after several second passed he was finally able to focus and there she was, in all her glory.

His mate.

What he saw left him speechless.  She was more magnificent than any words he could think of to describe her.

Her honey colored fur coat shone beautifully. Her paws were covered with the most adorable white socks and there was a white tipped star marking the center of her forehead.  Then he focused on her eyes.  Her grassy green orbs glowed with luminosity and he could think about was how much he wanted to get lost in those shining emeralds. 

As he continued to take in the glorious image of her wolf, he pinned the visual to his memory.  At the same time he noticed that she was watching him as well; taking in his every move and Adam couldn’t hold himself back any longer.

The mate connection humming between them was already working its magic; drawing him to her, binding their souls as one.

He was hers.

She was his. 

They were one and he now he had to touch her. 

Reaching out for her Adam tentatively touched the scruff of her neck.  It was soft; she was so soft, like a downy blanket.  A blanket that he wanted to bury both of his hands into and hold on for dear life.

He felt his heart beginning to swell inside his chest.  In the past Adam never gave much consideration to having a mate.  He knew that he would have to have one some day since he was alpha and  he needed to make sure that his blood line carried on but he’d just never put that much thought into how he would feel after he was mated.

That was until he met Dava.  That first time that he’d caught a whiff of orange blossoms in the hallways at school, he knew that she would be special.  She would be special to him. Now, she was his world.  Sitting here beside of her, he realized that she was the center of  his universe.

His wolf wanted to come out.  He wanted to nuzzle with his mate and he refused to wait any longer.

“Alright,” Aiden finally announced. “I hate to break this up but we need to get going.”  He’d sat back and given the two a minute to acclimate with each other.  They were mated and now that they were both marked that wasn’t much that anyone could do about it. 

He knew how much Jared loved his daughter and he was going to have a holy fit when he found out about this but Aiden thought to himself.  Things could have been worse.  At least the pup is an alpha and not a rogue.  An alpha would be able to care for Dava the same way an enforcer would.

The sound of bones cracking filled the room.  In a fraction of a second a large blue-grey wolf stood in front of him and began to nuzzle his niece.

Aiden growled low under his breath.  This was not at all what he expected to find when he told his brother that he would search for Dava.  A newly mated couple was going to be practically impossible to separate.