Crossroads

Από AudenNyx

"You make me want to do things to you." He mumbles, his brown eyes never straying from mine. "What?" I whisp... Περισσότερα

p r o l o g u e
c a s t
a e s t h e t i c s
1 | Good Morning, Sunshine
2 | Waffles
3 | New Beginnings
4 | Silver Knight High
5 | Place Your Bets
6 | Nicknames, Eh?
7 | Stereotypes
8 | Same But Different
9 | Truth Or Dare
10 | Lover Boy
11 | Spongebob Squarepants
12 | Starlight
14 | Do I Sense Jealously
15 | Anyone Special?
16 | Confessions
17 | So You're The Lucky Guy
18 | Important Business
19 | Irony
20 | We Need To Talk
21 | Setting You Free
22 | Son Of A Biscuit Cracker
23 | Miracle Worker
24 | Lucky
25 | Purple
26 | What
27 | Surprise
g a n g h o u s e
28 | Rain
29 | Reunited
30 | The Tracks
31 | Bliss
32 | The Auction
33 | Trust
34 | Reunited 2.0
35 | Stars and Snow
Epilogue | Perfect
Bonus Chapter | Happy
bonus chapter 0.2 "toddlers in their twenties"

13 | The Herd

27K 854 222
Από AudenNyx

T H I R T E E N

~We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry~

a d e l i n

I make it a point to trudge, rubbing my eyes continuously to somehow knead the sleep out of them.

Friday had finally arrived with the promise of two blissfully lazy days ahead but like all good things, it came tinged with a bad.

In this instance, the bad being the said family dinner later tonight.

I really needed to get drunk soon. Lucky for me, tomorrow would serve as the perfect opportunity to do just that at Katy's party.

Finishing an apple and downing my meds with gulps of water, I pick up my bag.

Since it's started getting even colder and there's no signs of the sun coming out anytime soon, today's outfit consists of a cream suit slash coat dress over a black button up blouse with a matching thin cream cloured scarf knotted around the neck.

The real dilema though comes in the form of a choice between two shoes : Balmain leather knee high boots or classic Doc Matens.

The comfier and more school appropriate option is definitely the latter though Silver Knights is not known for its modestly dressed students (quite the opposite in fact) and the knee highs look absolutely perfect with the ensemble.

Beauty is pain, ladies and gents.

Finally done with the tedious task of tugging them on, I take out my phone which I fear is about to explode judging by the consistent notifications and scroll through them.

The Herd

Mase : Morning. What's the plan for today?

Ash : We're  heading to the Mall today. No ifs, ands or buts.

Tris : I'm down. I really need new Vinyls.

Candi : I never say no to shopping.

Noah : I'm in, someone has to babysit all of you.

TrisAnd that someone is not you.

Caleb : Perfect. I need clothes for the music fest.

Me : The Mall it is then.

Noah : You're practically begging for a beating Tristan.

Ash : Tris that might be the smartest thing you've ever said in your entire life

Mase : It's too early for this

Tris : I'd like to see you try Yaretzi <3

Shaking my head, I pocket my phone, starting my car and heading to school with my mood already improved.

*^*^*^*^

Ash keeps on tapping her heeled foot on the floor, the rest of us do a semi decent job of ignoring constant sound of Versace meeting tile, standing in a swarm of students waiting for His majesty-our Headmaster-to show up and start the morning assembly he had unexpectedly called.

"Seriously though, where is he? It's not like we were the ones who called the spontaneous assembly." Tris says in agitation as I lean my head on Noah's shoulder, tired of waiting.

"These shoes-albeit gorgeous-are not made for standing, my feet have probably detached from my legs." I exaggerate, my head still against Noah's shoulder.

Not for long though, a small yelp leaves my throat when I get yanked into a hard chest.

Caleb's arm casually wraps around my waist and I look at him with wide questioning eyes but he continues to look straight at Tris and Noah who are now literally whining while Mase has his lips on Candi's temple whispering something to her.

My eyes widen even more and I do a double take, whipping my head towards Ash. Our shell shocked expressions one of the same.

"Holy" Ash says with her mouth agape.

"Shit" I finish off her sentence.

"So he finally made a move." Caleb comments cooly, smirking at my open jaw.

Mase and Candi have been crushing hard on each other for as long as I can remember but no one ever made a move and now that it had finally happened, I find my self speechless.

Both Ash and I are about to start a long rant but we're interrupted by a loud clearing of someone's throat, my best friend and I turn simultaneously to Headmaster Sherwood standing on the stage with fury laced eyes.

I throw the dirtiest glare I can muster at the man with the horrific receding hairline, it's only when I hear a chuckle do I blink up at Caleb who still has his arm securely around me, I huff in annoyance.

He leans towards my ear "Whoa there Starlight, if looks could kill both Headmaster Sherwood and myself would be six feet deep in the ground." he whispers, his minty yet warm breath fanning my ear, shivers race down my spine.

Feeling heat rise to my cheeks, I bristle, crossing my arms over my chest and focusing all my attention on Headmaster Sherwood.

"Sorry for the delay students. I am sure all of you know about the Music Fest happening on Sunday. Consisting of which is the Battle of the Bands, our school band is also taken part in it. Judging that most of you will be going and that it is out of town, school will officially be closed on Monday. That is all."

When he finishes silence falls throughout the hall, until Max Ramos yells "You could've just emailed this!" murmurs of agreement fill the room and students begin filing out the room.

And even though I agree with my peers that still doesn't diminish the grin on my face.

*^*^*^*^*^

Currently leaning again my locker, I wait for the gang to regroup, updating Laura about our dinner plans and asking her to to give Nat a heads up in the meantime.

Laura dosen't stay over normally, the only reason she's doing so these days is because of Nat needing breakfast and someone to spend time with when I'm at school.

I get notified of Ash and Candi's presence by their rapid back and forth bickering, I look up at the red head with narrowed eyes-not forgetting this mornings events.

"How dare you not tell us about you and Mase!" I fume in mock anger.

I could never be angry at her for finally getting what she'd wanted for so long, that and I'm sure Ash has already given her a long long lecture on keeping your girl friends in the loop.

She gives me an apologetic smile, reasoning "Everything happened so quickly, one moment I was deep into a rom com marathon and the next my life literally turned into one."

We urge her on with wide inquisitive eyes "He picked me up for a night drive and asked me to be his girlfriend on the cliffs overlooking the whole town."

Ash shrieks in absolute delight "That sounds magical, you got your big rom com moment and your man Candi!"

"I'm so happy for the both of you, you two deserve this." I beam, joining in on the celebration which turns into a group hug.

Our joy is amplified by the fact that Candi is the biggest sucker for romance, which partly stems from her love of romance novels and partly because her parents have a love story for the books.

She's a romantic, preferring to see life through rose coloured glasses even despite all the black tainting it. Seeing her pine over Mase and him over her without either of them acting on it was painful.

The angst was almost too much to bear.

"What are you happy about, Partner?" Tris's silky voice asks from behind me, we break away just as the boys join our party of three.

Caleb tugs a loose strand of my hair, coming to stand beside me against the locker, I retaliate with a poke in the ribs.

"Just celebrating the new couple." I sing causing both the people in question to smile broadly when Mase wraps his arms around Candice.

The sight is enough to cause an ache in my cheeks from grinning.

"Ah young love" Tris sighs dreamily "It's nauseating." he drops the blissful expression for one of puking. Classy as ever.

"Bro you're whipped" Cal says causing Noah to laugh in agreement. Mase answers by raising his middle finger at them.

"Okay lazy asses, let's get a move on since I'm in dire need of a dress fit enough to impress." I announce, clapping my hands and motioning to the doors, feeling rather proud of the rhyme.

"The sad thing is that you're actually happy with that sentence delivery." Noah shakes his head in disappointment "Besides you and I both know nothing is going to impress my Aunt."

I feel Caleb's eyes on me, a small frown drawn at his lips but when I meet his gaze he's quick to change it into a small smile.

"How are we doing this? Who's with who?" Mase questions, his fingers still entwined with Candi.

Everytime all of us go out together we carpool, opting for each other's car and company rather than bringing a minimum of six cars. Besides, It's always way more fun this way.

"Obviously the love birds will be riding together." Noah states, grins wickedly at the inuendo everyone picks up on but no one decides to acknowledge.

Ash pats his shoulder "You tried." no sympathy found anywhere in the voice.

"Okay so Addie can go with Cale. Ash and Noah are with me." Tris announces, looking around for any objections but finding none "Perfect, catch you guys there." Noah waves, all of us going to our assigned cars.

Caleb and I walk together until I halt abruptly, tuning out the yelling voices of Noah and Ash as they argue about getting the front seat because I'm yet again in the presence of his beautiful car.

"So what exactly are the chances of you actually filing a report for a missing car." I question curiously, my eyes straying from the Lamborghini only to blink.

"Hmm, highly likely. On a scale of one to ten? Probably a twenty." he opens the door for me to take a seat, I do just that, looking up at him with a thoughtful expression "Yeah, it's a smart choice."

He chuckles at my glum tone, that smile doing something funny to me and making me grin as well. He soon joins me in his car, behind the steering wheel.

"Fine. You can take it for a spin but only because I like you starlight." Before I can even get a word out of my mouth he holds up a fonger and adds "I will be present throughout that time." He finishes and without thinking I wrap my arms around his neck in a deadly grip and peck his cheek.

"Thank you!" I exclaim elated, my actions registering only a minute too late, making me let go as if he's made of fire and look out the window, still grinning like a maniac. Caleb clears his throat, starting the engine.

To top everything off, he just admitted that he likes me.

Fridays will always and forever be cherished.

☼ 𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍'𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀 ☼

And we have the first couple of the book
Thoughts on Mason and Candice?
I hope you liked the chapter
Until next time
Xoxo
💙

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

176K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...
182K 5.7K 34
"𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒉𝒆'𝒅 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒕." 𝑩𝒐𝒐𝒌 1 Copyright...
2.1K 67 19
"Well then. That's the first time a girl has ever rejected my close proximity," he said, eyes ablaze with a playful fire. "You better get used to it...
His Sunshine | ✓ Από pink flamingo

Εφηβική Φαντασία

3.2M 79.5K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...