The Underworld's Moon

By thunderheart15

**This is a BoyxBoy story that is unedited. It was written in 2009 and finished in around 2015. You've been w... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Please Read Note!
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
A/N: Sequel
A/N: Final Decision (2018)

Chapter Thirteen

25K 491 139
By thunderheart15

                                                                              Change of POV

I slowly stirred from my blissful slumber, unwilling to leave that sweet haze of numbness in the pitiless, blackness of the mind. That kindness only lasted a second before my mind comprehended reality rather quickly. Letting out a pained whimper, I tried to move but the feeling of a sharp pain radiated up my back then these painful tingly sensation crept with it soon after, made me stop moving.

I was so blinded by my noticeable, unbelieveable discomfort that I realized I was in something soft under me which brought some comfort to my ease for a moment of my physical and even my mental health. Maybe I'm back--- My thoughts halted abruptly after taking a deep breath in through my mouth and nose to scent a familiar tangy smell that I knew only one person gives off of. I opened my eyes in an instant which widened like moons in horror as I realized I was in Verin's room, specifically his bed.

Blind panic set in my soul and I began to adjust myself to my hands were under my chest so I could raise myself up when I need to. I twisted my head around to look down at the bed, starting to make myself get up until I heard a abrupt snore. I froze in place despite my screaming back wound's protest. My gaze flickered to my left, where I heard the noise and where I finally noticed the new body heat that sent waves my way. Wait, that was the soft warm breeze that literally came a breath away from something or someone.

Shockingily blue eyes met my plain colored ones, telling me he was very much conscious and alert. I began to tremble as I couldn't bring myself to look away from his strong gaze. I've been caught. I'm going to get it now... I coudn't help but think that in outmost fear. It was also starting to get hard to keep myself up like this while I was suffering from serious wounds. I opened then close my mouth twice like a gaping fish unable to speak to defend how I end up where I was in his bed.

After all, I didn't know how I got there myself. Maybe a guard did it out of spite? Maybe he did it so I could take blame for it? Who knows...

He let out a quiet, annoyed sigh before he reached his hand out towards me from where he laid besides me, which I must remind myself was a breath away. I instinctively flinched and closed my eyes tightly, tensing up even though it caused the pain to intensify in my mind, including my body too. His hand went through my hair, fingers to the roots but instead, he was gently stroking my brunette hair.

Startled and beyond bewildered, I opened my eyes to hesitantly look over at him, who wasn't looking at me anymore in return. He finally glanced over after he noticed my intent, trying to figure out what he wanted stare then he looked away.

"What?" Verin grunted. "Just fucking lay down and stay that way. I don't even give a shit if your mutty blood stains my bedsheets."

As soon as he said that, I finally recalled everything that happened last night in a flash. I let out a loud gasp and look under myself, since I was partly in the air as I was planning on getting out of bed which means I was on my knees, to look at the bedsheets that was beneath me. Sure enough, the innocent, white sheets were stained deeply in dark red of blood. I started to shake harder while my eyes watered. "P-Please... My L-lord... Don't..."

"I said lay down, damnit!" Verin snarled at me, ending my plea before I could even utter any more out.

I cringed at his tone of voice, letting out a soft whimper before I allowed myself to lay back down as told. I had to be on the blood stained sheets again but at least it was my own blood. It was hard not to be and feel like a nervous wreck at this point. Was he gong to punish me again? Why was he allowing me in his bed otherwise?

Verin let out a frustrated sigh this time and put a hand through his own blonde hair. He glanced down at me after he sat up. "I'll be right back. Stay right here or else." He told me despite the threat in a measured voice before he got out of bed, still wearing the attire from last night and left the room in literally three strides. He was very tall indeed. The door of the bedroom shutting close was a confirm of my assumption that he had departed the room obviously.

I even waited for a few moments before I reached my hand up to touch my hair, where he had touched me. It wasn't a harmful gesture he gave me but a kind, almost pleasant one. I furrowed my eyebrows while I stared at the wall before me as I was now looking the opposite direction of where he was at. I'm confused. I admitted in my mental mind.

This time I'm confused about his behavior and, er, well, mine as well still. I mean why would he want to do that to me? Why would he showed a slight care of my wounds when he was the one who conflicted them himself? Do I dare to think he regretted it? No, there was no way he could of. He never cares but himself and he probably regrets very little from his behavior. So, why does something feel very... off?

And my behavior? Well, that was never new actually. It has mostly been my thoughts and actions that involve my lord, Verin. I actually worried about his well being when I heard he got into a fight. Was that even normal? To worry over your master that repeatedly harms you in different ways? It was crazy to think I am still worried about him. I don't understand myself a lot of the times.

My thoughts and emotions are all clashing against each other as if ocean waves hitting rocks out of nowhere. They hit something but still keep flowing like a lunatic on a rampage. Those are not fun things clashing together because then my mind screams one thing while the heart whispers another. Why was it so difficult? It won't leave my mind or my heart alone! I can't even tell from right or wrong anymore! I glanced up at the ceiling, clenching my fists as my eyebrows came down. I probably looked troubled which was exactly how I felt.

I let my mind wander off into silence finally as I blankly stared, not thinking or feeling anything anymore. Or, at least, trying not to feel my aching pain in my back. It was hard keeping my mind off it since its the loudest thing my body was weeping at.

Does anyone have any idea how harshly this pain feels?

No? Well, let me explain this to my mental mind and maybe some psychics out there that are somehow reading my mind. I probably hit some crazyville on the way or maybe master Verin was having an effect on me after all. Anyways, let me elaborate this painful feeling.

Has anyone out there ever been cut by glass? Well, it feels just like that but twenty times if not more than that. To those that haven't felt that glass pain, let's say you would never want to experience it. To feel that sharp, ragged end force its way into one's skin, tearing it open deeply to let the blood flow heavily for almost two hours. That stinging, sharp pain that flows up the body to make anyone jerk in shock. The ideal of pain from that shock makes the body tense up, unwilling to move the injury the cut caused.

Doesn't sound very joyful does it? Yeah, now imagine that feeling twenty times more and across one's whole back. Not a very fun experience at all in a physical pain-wise that was.

Then the blood loss? My god, I'm shocked I haven't re-fainted again from it. It was still hard to breathe, don't get me wrong but that was a lot of blood and I'm still not bandaged! My body was actually trembling more than normal and it was not due to fear or pain but because how weak I feel. I felt shivery yet my body had broke out in a cold sweat. I guarantee anyone that I was paler than a ghost about now.

My eyes started to weaken on there own now but I tried to keep them open. It was hard because it felt like I was fighting a losing battle already. I suddenly felt frightned. What if this is a sign that I'm dying? Am I going to die? I thought, letting out a small whine through my nose. Suddenly, a new yet shockingily thought came to my mind that I didn't pay too much attention to.

I wish Verin was here...

My eyes finally shut closed and stayed close as I fell unconscious from pain once again.

                                                                            ************************

"Hey!" somebody shook my whole body from my shoulder, causing me alarmingily new pain. "Wake up!"

Letting out a pained cry, I jerked myself up into a sitting position with my eyes wide and awake. I made a huge mistake when my back sharply let me know it was still injured. I put a hand to my mouth and gagged at the sensation of the pain since it was so harshly effecting my physical being.

"I didn't tell you to get up, mutt!" A voice snapped at me but his voice laced something other than anger that I couldn't make out.I glanced over at him, still holding my mouth to see Verin there.

When did he get here? I thought dazedly, unable to comprehend after that shock of pain that I just recieved in those few moments there.

Verin reached out and put my arm over his shoulders. "Well, you need to move into a seat anyways." He grumbled. "I brought you food and a healer for your back."

I turned my head to stare at his face despite how close our faces were due to him putting my arm around his shoulders. Merely five inches apart. Barely a distance at all but I didn't mind that at all. I simply stared at him. Did I hear him right?

Verin crossed his arms across his chest as he stared back at me. "Don't give me that damn look." He muttered, irraitably or was it out of embarrassment? Ican not tell with him at all. Not like I understood his behaviors well anyways.

I finally found words to form upon my lips. "Why?" I asked, a little hoarsely.

"Because staring is god damn rude?" Verin said, raising his eyebrows.

I was caught off guard to feel my lips twitch as if they wanted to smile for him. How dare it react when he might not take it well? He might think I'm mocking him if I smiled... "Not... That." I shook my head a little, turning my head slightly to one side then the other.

"Then what?" Verin asked, sounding annoyed again.

"Why are you... Aiding my wounds?" I decided to ask him anyways. I mean, I have every right to but a slave has no rights so I don't know how he'll react to my questions.

"Shut up and get up, will you?" Verin growled a little.

"Can't..." I mumbled.

"Can't or won't?"

"It... Hurts too much."

"Baby. Don't make me pick you up."

I actually gasped. "You wouldn't!"

Verin broke out in a wide smirk. His eyes twinkled micheviously which was odd because it almost seemed... Playful? I must be imagining things a lot lately. Somebody slap me and wake me up from this painful, strange coma. On the count of three...

"How much you want to bet I will?" Verin asked, still smirking.

One...

"I don't want to bet anything." I said, shaking my head quickly as it didn't hurt to move my head. "You won't touch me since I'm beneath you."

Two...

"How did you think you got here?" Verin asked me, raising his eyebrows.

My eyes widened in sudden realization as soon as he asked me. "You... Brought me here? Why?"

Two in a half...

"Because..." Verin looked a little troubled like he wanted to say something but didn't want to speak the truth of it. "I wanted to, that's why."

"That doesn't tell me---"

Verin let out an aggravated sigh before he suddenly took my wrist to force me up a little so he could toss me over his shoulder in one easy tug. Startled, I let out a cry and held onto the back of his shirt while my eyes met his behind first then the ground. I will admit this hurts my back immensely but I held onto his shirt tightly.

"You're going to drop me!" I yelped, eyeing the ground nervously.

Verin slowly moved me down his front so he kept an arm under me and the other around my shoulders. It looked like he was craddling me vertically without my feet touching the ground and it was weird! Now I was staring at his face as he met my gaze evenly. He slowly pulled his lips back to smile at me again with that shattering grin.

Number three? Well, let's say you are forgotten now.

"I'll touch you because you are mine." Verin told me, firmly and maybe possessively by his tone. "I've been wanting to touch you since you came here."

My breath suddenly caught, unsure how to react to this new found confession of his wants. But what do you want? Some where inside me whispered that fleeting thought. Guess what my answer was? I don't know what I want from him.

My own confusing led to the discomfort of watching him so, unable to meet his eyes any longer, I looked away from him. I looked towards a wall, trying very hard not to stare back at him, who still looked at me. I could feel his gaze on my face.

"Don't you look away, Faolan." Verin suddenly spoke to me in a quiet, breathless voice. "Come back and look at me. I'm asking you to."

Stunned, which I shouldn't be but he keeps surprising me, I jerked my face back towards him to meet his meeting eyes. My lips parted, trying to form words to answer him in some way but the look in his eyes stopped me from trying. I didn't understand the look but it seemed dark, maybe even a little longing as Verin's gaze started to take in my whole face more.

But his gaze purposely stopped at my lips which I didn't understand why he would. I don't know why my back isn't bothering me the most right now, considering I should be in immense pain except it was forgotten once I looked at him. That hard stare did something to me though. Something I can't really name yet I could describe it just fine.

It made me a lot more aware of his touches even though there wasn't anything sexual about them anyways. Where he touched me left these little good, tingly feelings across my skin despite it all. My heart was beating so fast and loud that it was roaring in my ears. I can feel them thumping harshly against my skull too. My chest rose and fell, a little quickly as my breaths became shallow. His scent overwhelms my nostrils so that way, I was much more aware of him.

I didn't understand this... achy feeling I felt in my chest that numb all my senses of the mind that was screaming at me not to dare. Yes, that little mind was still telling me this, Don't do it. You'll be an idiot to do so. He'll only make you suffer worse. Don't do it! Do it for yourself and your people.

That almost broke me admittedly. How was it that I can feel and think all of these things within a few seconds of time? It's unbelieveable except that was how the mind and reality works in any world.

"My lord..." I breathed, starting to feel uneasy.

"It's Master to you." Verin said but his tone was slightly light when he suddenly starting to lean forward towards me.

My eyes widened a little as his eyes started to close as he got closer to me. Now, he was nearly a breath away. I inhaled sharply to hold my breath in silent shock. He's going to--

"My lord!" Someone called from the otherside of the bedroom door. "Did you summon me?"

Verin jerked himself back. He carefully moved me so I was sitting in the chair next to the bed. He took one look at me before he sighed and went to the middle of the room in a glide. At least he was gentle when he set be down on the chair instead of the floor. "Come right in, Uphir." He answered.

I didn't know why but I felt this huge pang of the emotion of disappointment. I didn't understand why I did though as I lowered my gaze to the ground for a few moments to compose myself once more. I heard the small click of the door opening which made my gaze jerk right back up again to see who this Uphir was.

There stood a short man compared to Verin but his hair was a dark red color while his eyes were a void of blackness. He didn't look like he has any pupils either. He was extremely pale, maybe even paler than a bedsheet if that was possible. His hair was pulled back in a pony tail which, might as well mention, was kind of long. He had bangs too which covered his eyebrows. If he even has eyebrows...

Anyways, he was wearing a black robe and he actually only looked like he was in his late thirties. So, truthfully, he still was an adult just not too old of an adult. I doubt that though considering they are all immortals as well so, I have no question that he was much more older than he looked. He did look a little fragile like but he was more likely strong under all that robes that covered his body.

Uphir put hands over the small bag he was carrying. He tilted his head a little as he peered up at Verin. "What has my lord, summon me for?" He asked, his voice faint and eerie. "I was told it was important."

"Yes." Verin said, nodding. "I have summoned for you to care for this... Individual's wounds." He picked his words carefully.

Well, there goes my hope that it was going to be a nice girl tending to my wounds. I thought to myself, a little bitter and cursing the gods were their unwanted, sickening humor. No, instead, I get a creepy man that looks like he rather suck the life out of anyone. I'm so looking forward to this treatment.

Uphir turned his black stare at me for a long time. So long that I started to fidget and tore my gaze away quickly to get rid of this discomfort kind of feeling he gaze. As if, he could rip my soul apart and lay it in front of me so show me the worst parts of my life. It was a very unsettling feeling.

Uphir finally turned back to Verin and I silently sagged in relief that he wasn't staring at me anymore. "I can tend to his wounds." He said, nodding a very slow manner.

Verin nodded, relieved. "I'm glad." He said, keeping his voice normal.

Why does he sound so careful? Did he... Regret what we were doing? I realized that might just be the case after all. I was a slave and he was a prince. Plus we are both men. This kind of relationship... What would it even be? I don't understand my emotions still and he was the one causing such turmoil inside of me.

I didn't understand why I suddenly felt hurt and angry to know he was ashamed being seen with me. If he was then what? What could I even do? I can't deny him, considering I was a slave. That only leaves acceptance of that hurt and keep going. I didn't like that plan either though.

But it made sense. He regretted what we were doing as soon as someone knocked at that door to shoot him back to reality. He must be ashamed of the actions and words he said to me. He must be ashamed to even be seen with me. I clenched my jaw a little.

I might be still figuring out my new found feelings and confusion but one thing I figured out was that I definitely feel attached or obliged to Verin in some way. He might of treated me horribly but it wasn't as bad as what my slaver seller had done to me. He had done worse for my emotional and mental mind than anyone alive. So, in a way, Verin saved me from a life that could of continued for me or got worse.

Being here at this castle, I don't consider it the worse despite the sudden punishment he gave me. I didn't deserve that indirect anger but thinking about it now, I'm alright with it. I'm just glad he got his anger out somehow even if it was on me, an innocent bystander.

It was the best I could do for my master but it doesn't mean I'm still not frightened on him.

Suddenly, reality came back when Verin made a disapproving noise. Startled again, I looked up to see those two were conversing again.

"What do you mean?" Verin demanded, his voice starting to grow in anger. "You just said you would heal him!"

Uphir glanced at me with that devoid, cold look but it turned calculating until a sudden smile stretched out across his face. It truly twisted his features in a... Strange way. I could almost say it looked deranged in some level. I cringed backwards, horrified of this sudden change of character.

                             "I would but not without a price in return, My precious Lord."

_____________________________________________

Author's Note:

Oh, my dear fans, did you hate me for this chapter for teasing you? XD I'm sorry but I assure you, some time soon, they will come full terms of their feelings--- if it doesn't change along the way ;)

Any opinions on Uphir yet? Does anyone miss the old characters I introduced? Hmmm?

How many of you are still mad at Verin for what he has done to Faolan?

Tell me what you guys thought about this chapter! I worked really, really hard on it :D

Banner and the new cover is made by Genuinestar21! I requested her to put Faolan on the cover for once instead of Verin by the way-- just in case you all were wondering who was on the cover :)

So don't forget to comment, vote, fan, like, add it to your library and spread the love of this story!

P.S. Earlier this week was my birthday on the 15th so I'm eighteen now, whooot! :) So, sorry for not uploading sooner but I was kind of hoping for someone to make me a banner or a video/trailer thing for The Underworld's Moon. I guess I'll request one for some other time ^^"

P.S.S It's not too late to do what I requested above 'cause I was like, admittedly, depressed the past week which was another thing why I didn't upload ^^" Sorry! But I'm better now :) I just want my fans to cheer me up and hopefully they will have an amazing week too!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.1K 3.4K 31
[Completed] ManxBoy ~ What if you have died but gotten a Second Chance? This is a story of an orphan boy who has been tossed around, used and br...
256K 9.7K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
84K 3.7K 44
Locked in the castle tower without even a name, The Raven dreams of one day being free. He learns the hard way, it seems, that dreams are not meant f...
42 2 8
**Feel free to leave comments or suggestions!!** Crown Prince Emrys Tesra, heir to the human kingdom of Aetheria, possesses a secret that he dare not...