Live Love and Niall Horan

By LiveLoveLattes

Teagan Sky is in for a rough year. Her mother is being transfered to Tokyo for a year and she can't take Teag... More

Live Love and Niall Horan
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
"Hiatus"
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty

Chapter Twenty Nine

74.9K 684 169
By LiveLoveLattes

LIVE LOVE AND NIALL HORAN

Chapter Twenty Nine

When I woke up, I quietly slipped out of the pillow fort before getting changed and heading back to my high school one last time. It was Graduation in a few hours and for some of us, it was the last time seeing each other.

Putting on an outfit Avery had already picked for me the previous night, I looked the mirror. 

I had dark circles this morning, nothing concealer couldn't fix. I had applied a light coat of mascara and put my hair in its usual waves. My dress was white and flowing with a light floral print. The shoes were little white heels that I had worn before on many occasions. The white did make my skin look tanner and my eyes look darker, I had to admit. 

Grabbing my bag, I slipped out the door, hoping to not wake any of the boys up.

*

I had to say, the Principal did give me some slightly amused looks as I entered the building. Guess he expected I'd be gone. After boring, long, speeches, it was finally Chanel's turn. As she walked up to the podium, dark blueish purple graduation robe already on, she gave me a small smile before she spoke.

"To infinity and beyond. I'm sure you've all heard Buzz Lightyear saying it growing up on Toy Story. It meant a completely different thing then than what it does today.  The majority of you, we have known each other since preschool and for some of us, this is our last day left."

Her eyes gave James a sympathetic smile before she continued.

"We have survived 17 or 18 years of the Upper East Side. And anybody who has seen how New York is portrayed in movies and shows like Gossip Girl know that is not how it is here. We've survived copyright breaches and song stealing."

The crowd chuckled at the memory of that singer who came into town on tour when we were in 9nth grade and stole one of James' songs. He ended up leaving with a broken into hotel room, a hacked sound system, a damaged car, a broken leg, the police on him, and the determination to never set foot back in this town.

"The miracle healing of our friends."

Eyes turned to Rachel Cole, whose beautiful silky red locks were once gone due to none other than the disease we know as cancer. She made a full recovery in the 10th grade.

"An undercover robbery."

One of Thomas Scott's housekeepers in the 8th grade turned out to be stealing from them the whole time. We did come up with a rather elaborate plan to stop her. 

"And many more. Exchange students who have come to us over the years have learned that we truly are unforgettable. Even if they tried. We've all come together, through every difference and trouble we've had, it only pushes us closer. What makes us different than the other graduating classes, I'm sure of, is our relationships with each other."

The crowd chuckled as Chanel went on. 

"I'm sure everybody remembers when 14 year old James climbed the side of a building of about 4 stories because he bet somebody else 50 bucks he could and needed the money to get tickets and flowers to his girlfriend's recital?" 

James grinned sheepishly and blew Delilah a kiss as we all laughed.

"OR," Chanel continued over the laughter. "When Sandy Owens couldn't get tickets to her favourite band in the 7th grade so we had a few of our own boys dress up and sing and eventually attracted the attention of the real band, therefore making the best day of Sandy's life."

Sandy's freckly blonde head blushed as she laughed. 

"The point is," Chanel went on. "We've had years and years of excitement. and they say high school is the best 4 years of your life. I wouldn't doubt it. When we were little, we wanted to be princesses, fairies, NHL players, fashion designers, rock stars, NBA players, etc. I think we can all safely say this graduating class has had a few of those. James, who we have all promised to buy his album whenever it'll come out. Aiden Davis, who is off to play college basketball for North Carolina. Avery is taking her courses at uni in fashion and we can expect her designs up on Fifth Avenue someday."

There was a short applause for the three.

"Today however, is not about the wonderful past we have shared. It's about the future. You can take strolls down Memory Lane all you like, but you can't live there."

Chanel had always had her way with words. I listened as she continued talking about memories and as I thought this would be just another normal speech, she pulled out an all too familiar jar, filled with papers.

I still remembered this jar and judging by everybody's reactions, I guessed I wasn't the only one. The jar filled with papers was from the fifth grade. Our teachers made us write a statement starting with the words 'I will' and put it in. And somehow, Chanel had gotten hold of the jar and I guessed she was now reading them out loud.

"Antonio Pucci," she began. "I will go on a date with the head cheerleader."

Everybody laughed as Antonio stood up and took a bow. 

"Well," Chanel smiled. "That goal hasn't been achieved yet. But I'm sure as of now, you're a bit closer.  Here's James'. I will play a song for Delilah by the end of the year."

The audience awwwed. 

"Here's Oliver's. I will, one day, stop being invisible." 

She went on, reading about 10 more. Only about half of them had ever come true so far and about a quarter of the ones that didn't? They were impossible so they weren't going to. And before I even knew it, her speech was done. 

"So let's all make a promise today," Chanel concluded. "No matter where we are, 4 years from now, we will meet right back in this exact spot, the courtyard of the school we've shared. The friendships we've made over the years will last always and forever."

*

My face hurt from smiling for pictures. Sandra had put her graduation hat on my head and it was actually slightly annoying me.

From across the courtyard, I saw Delilah and James share kiss after kiss, hug after hug. A few more hours and he'd be gone. 

"I want a boyfriend," Avery sighed as she walked up beside me, her eyes following my gaze. "They are too fucking cute. Maybe not every boyfriend, but definitely most from what I've seen lately. Hey how many of those boys in the band thing are single?"

"2," I sighed. The two that slept around. A lot. "Sandra has her eyes on one though."

Avery pouted. "Why can't you be single? It was so much easier to find boys when you were with me?"

I laughed. "I can still go with you, but I'm not doing it for myself anymore. I have Niall."

"Love sucks," Avery moaned. "Too hard to find, too easy to lose."

We talked for a bit more before James came by asking if he could borrow my attention for a minute. Avery happily agreed after giving him a hug and making him promise to visit soon.

"So, this is good bye," James said awkwardly. 

The truth was, neither of us even knew how to say good bye. Instead, I pulled him into a hug. 

"At least you have a phone," I sighed. "I'm gone in a few hours too, but I'll be back fast."

"Some of us can't live without the city," James shrugged. "Especially you. I'm about to get down on one knee and propose, so do cut me some slack."

He did look extremely nervous.

"There's nothing to be nervous about," I playfully hit his shoulder. "We all know she's going to say yes. Normal is boring. Stay gold, Ponyboy."

Giving him one last hug and a kiss on the cheek, I watched as his hands shifted into his pocket, where the robin blue Tiffany's box was hidden. He looked back at me for a moment, looking like a lost puppy. I nodded at him and gave him a reassuring smile. With a braver smile, he walked toward his soon to be fiancée.

I watched from afar, and I could see one of James' friends secretly filming it from another tree. He was talking but I couldn't hear much of what he was saying except for the last part.

"There's only one thing I want to change about you and that's your last name. Delilah will you marry me?" 

It looked like it was out of a movie. He bent down on one knee, took out the box, said his lines, although I only heard the last part. Delilah clapped a hand over her mouth, eyes widening at the sight of the giant diamond ring. And then a nod through her tears and a kiss. 

Their entire story was a love story that could sell millions, worth more than a Nicolas Sparks novel because of the originality. Although now, it was time for me to get back to my own love story and hope it wasn't just James and Delilah who could get a happy ending.

*

New day, new state. That's how it always seemed to work. Another week or so of tour, a break, then back on tour. That was their schedule. It seemed like everything was already planned for the next year or so.

"How was the graduation?" Niall asked as we sat in his bunk on the tour bus.

"Tiring," I yawned. "But worth it. I got to watch an engagement."

"You two are engaged?" Louis asked walking in and stealing some of my food. 

"No, you idiot. Put my food down," I pouted, chucking a pillow at him. 

"Feisty," Louis popped another chip in his mouth as he tossed the pillow back. "Your makeup just smudged by the way. Over your left eye."

I sighed. "I'll go fix it, I'll be right back."

"Why," Niall pouted, giving me his best puppy dog face.

"Because," I responded, giving him a kiss as I got up. "I'll be right back, kay?"

"I'm going with you," Niall decided, getting up after me. 

I shrugged. "Sure."

After cleaning off my face with makeup remover, I noticed Niall was holding my mascara, 

"Niall, can you pass me that?"

To my surprise, he shook his head. "You're not wearing makeup, you look beautiful without it."

I smiled. "I appreciate that but I don't think the rest of the world will agree."

Niall shook his head again. "Nope. Not giving it back."

I pouted. "Niall..."

"Teagan," he imitated my tone of voice. 

He wasn't budging on this one. I sighed. At least we weren't going out. Somehow, being with the boys in general had made me more self conscious, not wanting to look bad in front of cameras. It was werid, caring what people thought.

"We're making a quick stop for food," Zayn poked his head into the bathroom. 

Great. Scratch that, we were going out. Oh well. Putting on an A&F Blair blazer over my white tank top and bright pink jeans, I followed the boys out of the tour bus and into some pizza chain.

"Two extra-large pizzas," Liam submitted our order while the rest of waited.

Soon enough, it was a pretty crowded pizza shop. Fans were everywhere, asking for photos and autographs.

"Can I get a photo with all of you?" a girl asked. 

"Sure," Harry said, getting off his stool.

"Except Liam," the girl said as Liam started to get up. His puppy dog face fell as he tried to shrug it off and sat back down. 

"Bitch," I muttered, shaking my head.

"Excuse me?"

Apparently, the girl heard me. She crossed her arms. I was guessing that her auburn haired head was no older than 14. 

"I think you heard me," I responded smoothly. 

"Well, you're one to talk," the girl snorted. "Acting like you're all high and mighty, using Niall for fame."

"Oh I'm sorry," I retorted. "I didn't know that if I date somebody it's considered using them for fame. There are millions of fans who would cut off their right arm to get a glimpse at Liam, yet you're here, meeting him and you don't want him in your photo? Guess what? That isn't a photo with One Direction, that's just a photo with Harry, Lou, Zayn and Niall."

"Yeah, well you don't even know what you've done to this world," the auburn haired girl sniffed before another girl interjected. 

"Teagan is right, and how can you even say that? She's a great role model by the way, she doesn't care what people think of her, she eats whatever she wants and she's not wearing any makeup. So sit your ass down you directionator."

Maybe it was a good thing Niall stole my mascara earlier. 

*

"Sorry I ranted at the girl earlier," I apologized to Liam as we went back to the tour bus with the pizza. 

"You said what we all wanted to say," Louis clapped a hand on my shoulder. 

I shrugged. “I dunno, it just really annoys me when people are like that. And then I saw your expression..."

I turned to Liam, who bit his lip and shrugged. 

"Let's just enjoy pizza," Harry said as he hungrily opened the box and plopped down on his bed. 

"You did great," Niall whispered in my ear as he walked past to get us pizza. 

I couldn't help but smile as his breath tickled my ear.

He came back, sitting beside me and handing me a slice of pizza.

"Thank you," I kissed him lightly before taking a bite.

"Look what's trending on Twitter," Liam looked amused as he passed me his phone. I looked at the trends. 

#GoTeagan

I Want A Photo With Liam

#NiallIWantYourGirlfriend

I sighed with relief. Good. So I wasn't being too much of a bitch. At least I hoped I wasn't. 

"We got you a ticket for the concert tonight," Harry announced, passing me it. "Front row. Or you can just watch from behind the scenes."

"I'd love to," I shrugged, taking the ticket. "I hope it's not too loud down there."

"Oh it will be," Zayn replied confidently. "Don't worry, we're sending security down there with you... just in case. You know, like if something happens?"

Something meaning if I get mobbed or something while I'm down there?

"Okay?" 

Now I was getting a bit unsure. 

"Hey," Zayn was texting. "Can somebody pass me another slice of pizza?"

Harry grabbed his phone from him, reading it.

"Hey!" Zayn protested, reaching to grab it back.

"This is some heaty conversation you're having," Harry grinned as he continued to read it. 

"Give it," Zayn whined, reaching for it again. "It's just some girl."

"That means," Harry addressed the rest of us. "He probably won't be here tonight."

We all laughed as Zayn snatched his phone back moodily, but with a smile playing on the edge of his lips.

*

After the pizza, all the boys except Niall decided they were tired and went for a nap. I was going to join them on that one, but Niall had better ideas. 

"Wait here," Niall instructed as I sat on his tour bus bed. "I'll be right back."

As I waited for him, I scrolled through my Facebook, answering as many messages and posts as possible. Lana had been pretty silent towards me since Prom. We had taken a picture at grad, but then again, I had taken one with just about everybody. I guess it was a good way to say we ended it as friends. Sort of. Kind of. Not really.  But we weren't at each other's throats like since we had known each other. It was weird, but refreshing.

She had always been my arch nemesis, like I had always been hers. It was a fact. Everybody knew it. Nobody really knew where it started, but we never seemed to get along. In the later years of middle school and earlier years of high school, we were always after the same guy. I usually got him to be honest. Maybe that's why Lana went to Prom with Nate. She expected me to be jealous. To care. But even if Niall didn't exist, I still wouldn't have. 

"Guess what I got," Niall grinned as he came back, sitting down besides me. 

"A kiss?" I pouted and he leaned forward and obliged. 

"I think you'll like this better though," he smiled as he showed me what he had in his hands. 

His laptop, The Notebook DVD and McDonalds. 

A huge grin spread over my face. "This is why I love you."

Inserting in the DVD into his laptop, he clicked Play as I popped a fry into my mouth.

After being with Niall, even in the first week, I could no longer even tell WHY I went out with Nate. Ever. The kind of pain that it had brought into my life was excruciating. I dunno why I had ever bothered with it. Not that I'd take it back. My relationship with Nate taught me a lot. 

Even your best friends can be asssholes. Or turn into assholes. Nate wasn't one from the start, that was for sure. We would've never even been friends. Maybe it was the pressure that changed him. His dad, his schoolwork, to get good grades and get into a good uni, Ivy League, no less. To be as perfect as his parents thought he could be. 

But I guess the more perfect things seem, the more screwed up they really are. I could be a prime example. I was considered, in society's terms, 'beautiful.' But the truth was, my life had been so screwed up and messy and even though that was the past, I wouldn't doubt that my future would be the same. 

Noah and Allie. The Notebook. An everlasting love. I had a few summer romances of my own, but not many. Obviously none of them worked out. They were a summer thing. Which in a way, made me fear my relationship with Niall. 

What if after this year, when I went back to New York and NYU, it was over? Because like my summer flings which were 'just summer things,' it was 'just a this year thing.' But unlike with my summer flings, I wanted more. I didn’t want this to end, and I was scared it would. Niall was different. And different is what I’ve been looking for, all 17 years of my existence. And when you find something like that, you don’t let it go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, I know, I'm terrible. :(

Luckily, I handed in a huge project today, so my time has been cleared up quite a bit, I'm definitley trying for another chapter sooner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 427 26
One Direction, One Direction, One Direction. This is all people talk about these days. Lisa is sick of it. Don't get her wrong, she doesn't hate them...
960 246 36
Evelyn Moon: She is 18 right now and has a dream of becoming a singer. She is a major klutz. Evelyn sarcastic but is too obvious about it so she is h...
42 0 31
London was a normal 20 year old Beverly Hills girl, her mother was part of a famous TV show and her father was a designer that lives in London. Londo...
35.1K 510 43
18 year old Alexis Davidson lived a normal, boring life in a small town in Ohio. Instead of going straight to college, Alexis decides to take a year...