If This Is Love || Raura

By rydelly_belly

"it's been a long day and i'm trying to figure it out the way those words left your mouth i feel broken, shat... More

1 | Flashbacks
2 | This Really Fucking Hurts
3 | Heartache
4 | Broken, Shattered and Blue
5 | Heartbeat
6 | Drop It
7 | I Can't
8 | Haircuts
9 | Rehearsals
10 | Beach Weekend
11 | I HATE YOU
12 | I Really F*cked Up
13 | Attacks
14 | Promise
15 | Sounding Weak
16 | Excitement
17 | First Date (Part 1)
18 | First Date (Part 2)
19 | First Date (Part 3)
20 | Irritated
22 | If This Is Love
23 | I'm Proud of You
24 | Lipstick and Glitter
25 | Shower With Me
26 | Best Friend Tag
27 | Commitment Isssues
28 | Don't Stop, Keep Going
29 | Study Study Study
30 | Last Day
31 | Text, Call, Facetime
32 | Mexico and Fights
33 | Bananas
34 | Wake Up
35 | Sibling Love
36 | Personal
37 | One Hundred Percent Yes
38 | Birthday Gifts
39 | Relationship Q&A
Epilogue

21 | Film Festival

3.8K 109 24
By rydelly_belly

If This Is Love: 21 | Film Festival
| Laura Renae |

| A Week Later (June 20th, 2017) |

"What are we doing today?" I shout to Ross, who was currently laying down on our hotel room bed for the next couple nights. We just go to San Fransisco early this morning for a film festival tomorrow that's screening My Friend Dahmer, which was one of the two reasons why we're skipping out on Colorado family time. The other being Ross had a film festival to do in L.A. a couple days ago.

"Um... I think Marc said something about an exploratorium and a Sutro Baths?" Ross questions. Shrugging my shoulders at his words, I spray a few squirts of perfume and try to baggy up my sweater before leaving the bathroom and eyeing Ross as he holds his phone above his head while laying down on his back without a pillow.

"Isn't that uncomfortable?" I ask him, walking over to his side of the bed. I sit down beside his hip, watching as he sits up the slightest to rest back on his elbows. Smiling the slightest, I rest my hand on his lower stomach where a bit of his skin was showing, and gently rub my thumb against his skin out of instinct.

"Eh, kinda." He replies, trying to somewhat shrug his shoulders. "You ready?" He asks me, unsubtly looking over my entire body. For our day of exploring, I kept it simple with black ripped jeans, a black and grey zig-zag striped sweater, my black kegs, simple makeup and kept my hair down and natural. "You look cute." He says, sitting up completely. Ross was dressed in his usual ripped blue jeans, his worn out nasty black converse, and a black t-shirt.

"Thanks." I quietly say. "Does Marc remember me?" I ask him. Marc was the director and creator of the film My Friend Dahmer, I mean it's based off a book so it wasn't all created by him, but without him it'd just stay a book. And while Ross went to the L.A. festival with him, I stayed with my parents and had a nice home cooked meal and waited around for Ross to come home so we could go to bed in my childhood bedroom, where we stayed up talking all night about memories of him sneaking over back when he got his license up until we moved in together.

"Yeah, I mean I brought you up the other day saying you flew back with me." He tells me. I've only met Marc once, which was when we watched a private screening with just the cast and the Lynch family (plus my brother and I) but that was back in April, I think. I keep my gaze on my hand, not even thinking about how much I raised his shirt up by rubbing my fingers against his skin. But Ross sat up completely, only to snake his his arms around my waist and pull me down with him. "Cuddle me." He mumbles, a deep breath escaping him.

"Wait." I whisper, trying to escape his grip. He whines and squeezes me tighter, to which I groan. "Ross, I'm folded in half." I complain, trying to lift my head up. "Let me get comfortable first." Ross sighs and lets go of my waist, and as non-awkwardly as possible, I move around so I wasn't folded in half. The end result ended up with my entire body on top of Ross with my head in the crook of his neck, my nose pressed against his skin and my own hands cuddled up by my neck. Ross had his arms wrapped around me, and captured my legs in between his to ensure I wouldn't try and escape.

"I won't be able to cuddle you on tour." He quietly says, my entire body vibrating from his words.

"Yes you will." I mumble.

"Bean, the bus bunks only fit one person." He whispers, unwrapping one arm from around me. Not even a second later, his fingers tangle through my hair and first massage my scalp. 

"But there's couches on the bus and dressing rooms with couches." I tell him. "And we can always hug. That counts as something." A breathy chuckle escapes Ross and I smile the slightest at the sound. He stops massaging my scalp and just let's his fingers play with my hair, something that I'm a complete sucker for.

"You're cute, you know that?" He tells me.

"Please, tell me something I don't know." I tease, rolling my eyes for a dramatic effect. Ross laughs this time, making me lift my head up to hover above him, looking right in his eyes. I loved when he had a silly little grin on his face. Especially if I'm the one who caused it. He takes both his hands and tucks my hair behind my ears, mostly because my hair was pretty much in his face and most likely tickling him. "I love you." I whisper.

"Hmm, I don't think I could ever get tired of hearing those words come out of your mouth." He whispers back.

"Don't go all cheesy on me now, Lynch." I say, smiling down at him.

"You're the one who told me you loved me." He defends himself.

"Well, that parts true and totally not cheesy." I tell him, the smile not wiping off my face.

"Yeah, and my words were true and totally not cheesy." I playfully roll my eyes at his words. "You know what would make it even cheesier?" He asks me.

"Pizza?" I question. Ross' entire face dropped into a slight you're stupid look, and I laugh quietly.

"No, dummy." He mumbles, rolling his eyes. "Me saying I love you and you kissing me." He whispers, a cheeky little smile on his face. I scrunch up my nose and shake my head, not completely agreeing with him.

"Mmm, I don't think that's how it works." I whisper.

"Come on! We won't be able to do this kind of shit on tour!" He somewhat whines. "One kiss, please? Bean, you know you're going to miss moments like these on tour. My mom will always be watching us. Jeff and Diamond will always be watching us. Hell, Andre will always be watching us and my dad and the whole band and Ryland and-" just to shut him up, I close my eyes and press my lips against his. Well, I only did for a second. I pulled away before he could even kiss me back. Now that got him pissed. "Really?" He asks.

"What?" I ask, giving him my best innocent looking face.

"You're mean. You are just plain old mean." He murmurs. Before I could reply, Ross' phoned dinged and he sighs, reaching beside him to pick it up. "Marc's in the lobby." He tells me.

"Okay." I whisper, getting off Ross. Ross and I silently made our way out of our room and into the elevator. As soon as we got to the lobby, I follow behind Ross as he leads the way to the front and I immediately recognize Marc standing by the lounge area with a water bottle in his hand.

"Marc, hey." Ross says, walking over to him. The two share a brief hug, and I'm sure I heard Marc mumble an I'm Proud comment about My Friend Dahmer. "You remember my girlfriend Laura, right?" He asks, pointing to me. Marc raises his eyebrows at me before letting out a small laugh.

"I believe I know your friend Laura. When the heck did this happen?" He asks, holding his hand out. I shake his hand, a sheepish smile on my face. Ross just laughs the slightest before shaking his head.

"Not that long ago." He tells him.

| The Next Night |

Smiling the widest I possibly could, I stand across the street in front of the theatre the film festival was held and watched as Ross talked with the smallish crowd around him and Marc, looking insanely happy and proud and just literally the cutest human being in the entire world. My Friend Dahmer just got done and as Ross left the theatre, I told him to have some fun and I'd leave him be, something he was hesitant on but eventually gave into. I couldn't be more proud of him. This role he took... was an insane risk to take, yet he portrayed Jeffery Dahmer so well that... it took my breath away. I've only seen it twice now, but I know the way he talks about it that he's insanely proud of how it turned out.

Every so often, his eyes would find me across the street and he'd smile at me, just to make sure I was either watching him or so that he knew I was okay. Either one was okay with me, because both are true. I'm okay, and I'm watching him. And as he stood there in all black, except his white hat, (because I ended up wearing his white t-shirt, that he was suppose to wear today, last night, meaning he had to wake up before me to wash his black one he wore yesterday in the hotels laundry room) he couldn't be more of a treasure to me.

To Mama Storms💖:
Stormie... I absolutely love you son so effing much
and am beyond proud of him it's insane

I attached a picture I just took of him from right in my spot, making sure to capture the small crowd and the smile on Ross' and Marc's faces. She replied almost immediately.

From Mama Storms💖:
Aw, I'm so proud of him! How was it? Are you
guys having fun?

To Mama Storms💖:
It's been amazing. The film was great like always.
We explored a bit yesterday and now he's just talking
to the crowd

From Mama Storms💖:
You're not with him?

To Mama Storms💖:
No, I felt like he needed to do this with Marc. They
created something, not me

From Mama Storms💖:
I love you, Renae. You're so beautiful and sweet.
Take pictures of him and the two of you for me

To Mama Storms💖:
Thanks, Stormie. I love you, too. And will do. I'll
text you tomorrow when we get to the airport

From Mama Storms💖:
Okay. Haven't figured out who will pick you guys
up tomorrow but I'll let you know. Love the both
of you!

Smiling, I take a few more pictures before shoving my phone into the back pocket of my jeans and look back over at Ross. He was waving off some of the crowd before taking a few pictures with them. It took a few minutes for him to get through all of them, but as soon as he waved again and began to walk away, my smile only grew as he made his way towards me.

"Hey, movie star!" I somewhat shout, that same smile on my face as he rolls his eyes. Once he got a little closer, I began to hold three fingers up. "Movie star, music star, dancing star, what else can we add?" I tease, now looking up at his face. "Amazing kissed?" I quietly add, hoping only he'd hear me. Ross' genuine smile widened even more before he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine for half a second before pulling me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck, letting myself squeeze him as he picks me up off my feet to squeeze me back. "I'm really proud of you." I mumble. "Like, you don't even know, Ross." He puts me back on my feet and we detangle from each other's grips, leaving a good distance between the two of us.

"Thanks." He says, shrugging it off.

"I'm serious, Ross. You're legitimately so talented with acting and music and dance, it's insane to think about it. And I am proud, you've come so far. You literally portrayed Dahmer so well, babe. And I loved it more this time than the first time. And watching you interact with the crowd was seriously incredible." Ross licks his lips and ten fixes his hat, and I know all too well that he's embarrassed.

"Uh, thanks." He says again. Rolling my eyes, I gently nudge his side.

"Ross, seriously?" I ask, looking up at his face. "I'm telling you how proud I am of you and all I get is a forced out, embarrassed thanks?" He now sucks in a breath. "Marc, you created a lunatic." I say, turning to look at Marc. He raises his hands up in surrender.

"Hey now, I didn't teach him anything." I laugh the slightest at his words.

"Come on, I want a picture of you two. Stormie told me to take lots." I tell them, taking my phone out of my phone pocket. I position them to where you could see the giant theatre sign behind them with the words My Friend Dahmer neatly arranged on it.

"Do you two want one?" Marc asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes please." I say, handing him my phone. "Can we actually take a cute picture?" I ask, looking up at Ross. "Where you're genuinely smiling?" He furrows his eyebrows down at me.

"I always smile." He tells me.

"But you know I like a certain smile of yours." I tell him, pouting my bottom lip out. "Please?" I ask.

"Bean, you gotta earn it if you want the smile. It doesn't make much appearances." I literally groan at his words.

"Are you effing serious? I just want a nice picture with my boyfriend- best friend may I add. Not some random stranger that I secretly obsess over. A nice, cute smiled Ross standing beside me and acting like he loves me, let alone likes me." Ross wraps his arm around my shoulders, resting his left hand on my left shoulder. I sigh and I lean into him, a smile on my face as I close my eyes.

"Oh hush, ya big baby. Keep talking and I won't do it." Now I open my eyes, no amusement left, no smile, nothing.

"Could you like, stop for one second? You literally just attended a film festival that played a movie you and Marc made come to life. And I'm here, supporting you and being insanely proud of you that I fucking texted your mom and told her how much I love you and how freaking proud I am of you. And you're not even taking a well earned compliment, even from me. And now you're being a smart ass about a damn picture, Ross. All I'm asking is for one second, could you please smile, the smile I love, and take a photo with me. Is that so much to ask?" I couldn't help myself. I went from feeling insanely proud to insanely irritated in less than ten minutes. What. The. Fuck. And it's over a picture. A stupid picture.

"Alright alright, I'll stop." He mutters. He grips my shoulder tighter, which I hadn't realized he didn't let go of while I pretty much ranted about himself to him.

"Hate to interrupt, but your brother is calling you, Laura." I turn away from Ross, letting myself slip out from under his grip and walk over to Marc, reading the words Big Brotha🥁 and smiling the slightest at his goofy picture.

"Hello?" I answer, walking away from the two of them.

"Hey! How was the film fest?" E asks. I walk back towards a building, holding one ear with my hand so I could hear Ellington better.

"It was great, up until now. Ross is being a shit." I say, a hint of a teasing tone showing.

"Really?" He asks. "What's he doing?"

"Just... it's nothing, really. What's up with you guys? Having fun with the extended De St Jeor family?" I ask him.

"Yeah, a blast actually. I just wanted to call and see how you were doing. Mom said you did absolutely no school while you stayed with her and told me to ask you if you're ahead still." I suck in a slight breath.

"I'm... not ahead. I'm just... I thought it'd be nice if Ross and I could have a weekend with each other and not have me doing school. Just so we could be together alone before tour and stuff." I explain.

"Don't get too far behind, okay?"

"I won't." I whisper. "I should go. I think we're all heading to a party or something. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright, bye. Text me when you're back at the hotel or something." I nod, not wanting to answer him and wait for him to hang up. As I shove my phone back into my back pocket, I walk back over towards Marc and Ross who were, yet again, in a small crowd of several people. And just like that, the smile was back on my face.

"Are you mad at me?" Ross asks, taking off his sweaty pink crewneck. We just got back from a party, and it's well past one in the morning, not to mention Ross wasn't sober, and all I could think about was sleep.

"Uh, no... why?" I ask. Alright, I won't lie, I'm a bit tipsy. And I wouldn't call Ross drunk, I'd say he's pretty tipsy, but not completely drunk. So I had no idea why he was bringing this up, when I've been completely normal around him and with him since our unnecessary argument about a damn picture.

"Just thought maybe you were." He mumbles, now taking off his jeans. Sighing, I walk over to where I laid out my pajamas for the night, not caring that Ross was behind me as I took off my shirt. Keeping my back to him, I unhook my bra and take it off, almost jumping at the sound Ross makes. "Shit, bean."

"What?" I ask, reaching for his white t-shirt I wore last night. Once it's securely covering everything, I turn around to face him. Is eyes were wide, his body was still, and he was looking right at me. "Ross?" I ask, taking off my own jeans.

"N-nothing. Just a bit surprised you... never mind." He finishes taking his jeans off and pretty,itch falls into the bed, scrambling to get under the covers. Furrowing my eyebrows, I decide to walk away and not ask while I walk to the bathroom and do my nightly routine. As soon as I was done, Ross was walking in to brush his own teeth. I gently pat his bare stomach as I walk by and climb into bed, letting my glasses stay on the bedside table.

"You're acting weird." I say, the second I feel the bed dip down beside me.

"No shit, you took your bra off on front of me." I chuckle a little. Should've known.

"I didn't show you anything." I tell him.

"And it was still hot." He replies.

"You're such a guy." I mumble, turning my body to face him. "Goodnight, Ross, I'm seriously proud of you." I could see his faint smile.

"Thanks, I love you." Now I smile, only for him to smile wider. "And goodnight." He leans forwards, gently pressing his lips against mine for a few seconds.

"I love you, too." I whisper, pulling away. "Can you mess with my hair?" I quietly ask.

"Yeah." He whispers, rearranging his sleeping position.

"Thank you."

• sorta feel like this chapter was lame, but next chapter is going to be insane. literally, the next chapter has nene envisioned in my brain since day one, so i'm so happy i finally get to write it. don't forget to vote, comment something sweet, and follow me! love you, babes💜

-rydelly_belly💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 507 10
Ross does something to Laura that break her heart, he never knew exactly what he felt for Laura so he just used her as a toy, but once he lost her he...
4K 87 47
Ross and Laura after all these years get together and months later something tragic happens..will the other learn to cope with the pain..or will the...
3.3K 122 34
R5 has this competition where you can win to go on tour with them .  The competition is where you answer a whole bunch of questions that no one...
208K 9.8K 47
a broken, suicidal boy (man). his best friend who wants to help. ā€¢ ā€¢ ā€¢ this does use sad, real life problems people face everyday. it's not meant t...