6 | Drop It

I haven't told you guys yet, but this story is gonna kinda go quickly... like I don't want to be on chapter 20+ when raura actually happens or when it actually doesn't or whatever the hell you guys think will happen (because I really do know) so don't be surprised if shit moves fast. Anyways... how about all you guys enjoy this chapter :)
Enjoy💜

If This Is Love: 6 | Drop It
| Laura Renae |

"Dude, you need to calm the fuck down." Rocky says to Ross, who was currently pacing around in front of the tv that just so happened to be playing a random ice hockey game the boys found. I'm almost positive it's a rerun, but they really do not care whatsoever.

"I'm nervous!" Ross exclaims. Don't pay attention to him, Laura. "I really like this girl and I want all of you to like her, especially Laura." Well, I guess ignoring is out of the question. All the boys and Rydel shift their gaze to me, Rydel being the only one with a sympathetic face.

"Ross, I'm sure we'll all like her. Stop freaking out, alright?" Surprisingly, he actually listened to me and sat down on the couch, but his leg kept jumping up and down. Considering the only free space was beside me and now Ross took it, I reach my hand out and put it on his thigh, stopping his movements. "Stop." I say, not looking at his face. "Keep freaking out and your baby acne will overtake your whole entire face." I tell him. I could picture him frowning, which is most likely right because Riker snickers at Ross before looking at the tv.

"If you guys don't like her, please tell me. I don't care if it's in a rude way, I just want to know." Ross says, as soon as some commercials came on. "Rydel, if she seams weird or a bitch, tell me."

"Ross, calm down. You're acting like a total girl." Ryland mutters. Ryland just got here about ten minutes ago, wanting to join in on the dinner with Brianna.

"I can't help it, I really want this to work out." Ross mumbles. And that's my cue to leave. Sighing, I stand myself up and walk away from the couch and into my room, already feeling my heart clenching. I don't know how I can handle tonight. A soft knock was at my door and I tune my head to find Ellington peaking his head through. Putting on a fake smile, I motion him to come in.

"You okay?" He asks, shutting my bedroom door. I chuckle nervously and sit up on my bed letting Ellington sit down beside me and eye me carefully.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask him, acting slightly confused. He can't find out. If Ellington, my big brother, found out I have the slightest (really humongous) feelings towards my best friend, he'd go batshit crazy.

"Ross gave you a sad look when you got up and left." Ellington mumbles. "I thought maybe you two weren't okay still." Again, I nervously chuckle to try and avoid the swelling in my heart when he mentioned Ross' name. I have it bad.

"We're fine." I reply, shrugging me shoulders. "I talked to him earlier, remember?" Ellington nods his head slowly.

"Are you gonna sleep tonight?" He asks me. Will I?

"I'm gonna try." I tell him. "Rydel said she'd sleep with me tonight so looks like you'll be the lone loser tonight, brotha." I pat his shoulder, earning a smile from Ell. I smile back, and actual genuine real smile. Leave it to my big brother to always cheer me up. Or distract me, either one. Before he could say something insulting back, there was a knock at the front door and Ellington's smirk grows while my stomach and heart both drop. This is it.