10 | Beach Weekend

So I really wanted to write about the New Addictions listening parties and when it got officially released... but I literally hit a slump for them and just couldn't wait to start writing this chapter... so don't mind this insane time jump... sorry! But I seriously can't wait for this shit to happen!!! Stuff gets out guys, stuff gets out ;)
Enjoy💜

If This Is Love: 10 | Beach Weekend
| Laura Renae |

| A month Later, (May 13th, 2017) |

"Laura!" I whip my head around and see Gator running full speed at me. Smiling wide, I bend down the slightest and open my arms up, ready for his amazing little hugs. Strongest ten year old right here, not even kidding. I laugh and pick him up, giving him a good squeeze. When I set him back on the ground, he gives me the cutest smile with his dimples.

"Gosh, Gator, I love your freaking dimples so much." I ruffle his hair and push on his back the slightest so I could follow him out back to where everyone was. For Mother's Day, the Lynch's, The De St Jeor's, and the Ratliff's all rented out a couple beach houses. Technically we're all in two. All the parents in one and all the kids in the other. Except the kids cabin has like a million air mattresses in the living room because of the lack of rooms. Everyone arrived earlier today, but I had to wait since I had to meet with my counselor from USC for my regular meeting.

"Hi guys!" I say, immediately pulling my mom in for a hug.

"About time you got here. Brianna beat you here." I furrow my eyebrows at Ryland's words. Brianna's here? Definitely didn't know that. Instead of saying something snappy, I give him a smile and playfully roll my eyes as Gordy walks up to me. I pull him into a hug.

"I haven't seen you in awhile." He tells me. I frown down at him. Okay, he's pretty much my height...

"Sorry, I've been busy. I feel like I haven't seen any of you recently." I say, now pulling Gus into a hug. "I'm pretty sure you've grown." I tell him honestly. He chuckles and moves aside so I can hug Gil.

"Probably have." He replies. I laugh the slightest and grab my bag full of stuff for the four days we're here.

"I'll be back out in a minute!" I tell them. Rydel gives me a smile and walks up to me, guiding me to the kids house. As soon as the doors shut, I ask her about Brianna. "Why the hell is Brianna here?" Rydel sighs the slightest.

"Honestly... she just kind of showed up. Ross must've texted her or something, but she's only staying for the day. She's leaving after dinner." She tells me. "You're sharing an air mattress with Rocky over by the couch." I furrow my eyebrows. "Chelsea and Ryan got the bedroom and Ross and Ryland are sharing an air mattress over there, Gil and Gus are sharing that one and Gator and Gordy are sharing that one, Ell and myself are sharing this one and Riker and Vanni called the giant pull out couch. So basically you're stuck with Rocky." I nod my head slowly.

"Well... I guess it's better than Ross." I mumble, dropping my bag up against the wall. "Who am I kidding, no ones better than Ross." I sigh, now grabbing a bikini to change into. "What have the two of them been doing?" I ask. Rydel shrugs her shoulders.

"Messing around in the water." She replies. "Probably doing cutesy stuff since we're kind of secluded." I sigh and rub my forehead. "She's only here for like... six more hours." She whispers. I wince and look down. "Yeah... I probably shouldn't have said that." She adds. "I'll meet you outside?" She asks quietly.