Angels and Wormholes

By David_Shultz

A star-faring religious cult has created an army of robotic zealots designed to follow holy scripture. As the... More

Prologue: Clarion
Fuchai
Excommunication
Commission
Excalibur
Blue Sky
Muramasa
Avalon
Irfan Levy
Laser Ball
Astrid
Zahra and Lujain Quadriyyah
Erin Locke
Under Fire
Hired Guns
Delta Gate
The Proving
The Mountain Kingdom of Naga
Survivors
Paradox
Fly-by
The Apex
Naga
Spycraft
Rescue Mission
Robot Compliance
Alien Chopshop
The Kaax Station
Alien Interpreter
Caldwell 57
Salvage
Singularity Injection
Escape Plan
Sweepers
Nagan Counsel
Mind Over Matter
Parting Ways
Legion of Angels
Testament
Perfect Faith
Ashes to Ashes
Sepulchre
Lodestar
Interstellar Conspiracy
Crossed Swords
Meeting of Minds
Psychonaut
Remonstrance
Judgment
Hades
Zenith Cathedra
Terminus

Rendezvous

4.3K 323 13
By David_Shultz

 "Be advised you are approaching Alliance territory. Identify yourself." The voice spoke coldly and matter of factly over the comms. Rolland Barron sat in the Excalibur's operations room, flanked by command crew at their stations.

He casually tapped at the control panel on the arm rest. A beep indicated the channel opening. "This is Captain Rolland Barron of the Sol Federation Excalibur. We have been authorized to enter Alliance territory for a joint operation with Alliance Avalon." Another beep indicated the end of transmission.

The crew waited patiently for a response.

Jordan Rattan, the compliance officer on temporary posting, was fidgeting with his grey uniform. "What's taking so long?"

Rolland looked back over his shoulder. "They're just confirming with the Avalon."

"it shouldn't take this long."

"Relax."

Rattan seemed to be growing more nervous. "What if something's wrong? There's a reason we try to minimize contact outside the Federation."

"You worry too much."

Rolland's console beeped. "See?"

Rolland tapped a command into the armrest, and a large screen showed an older woman with short red hair, standing and looking towards the crew through the display. "Captain Mary Lloyd of the Alliance Avalon."

Rolland stood. "Captain Rolland Barron, Federation Excalibur."

"Pleased to meet you, Captain. I'm looking forward to working together."

"Likewise."

"You're only a few hours from Delta Gate. You can meet with us there. Unfortunately, the Gate is currently offline."

"It's offline?"

"Yes, the timing is quite unfortunate, but it's completely out of my control -it's undergoing transmission upgrades."

"How long will that take?"

"No more than two days. In the mean-time, I would like to take this opportunity to extend an open invitation to you and your crew to join us on the Avalon. It would be good to meet face to face. It's going to be a long trip to Clarion, and we should get to know each other."

"That's not a bad idea."

"Great. I think you might find the Avalon to be a nice change of pace."

---- Author's Note ----

Let me know what you thought of this chapter in the comments below. I appreciate all feedback. Hearing reactions from readers is the most rewarding part about writing.

I am very appreciative of your support.

Sincerely,

David

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78K 8.1K 144
Back by popular request! The 2017 rough draft of The Virus Within! (Caution: Contains massive plotholes that were fixed in the polished The Virus Wi...
19.3K 1.2K 20
It wasn't bad enough that Ben was homeless. Having a dead family nearly killed him before. Until he learned to live alone on the docks and streets, s...
6.5K 184 18
Why is everything so... WEIRD.? (Ongoing story.) Start: 27/5/22 End: - READER'S NAME:- Minsoo
1.6K 74 8
The CEO of the most famous company falls in love with a mere employee but is unable to tell her. Read it to know how they come up with their love sto...