Phoenix Fire || Fairy Tail [1]

By scribe-of-azaris

[BOOK 1: THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES] Published: [05/03/2017] Completed: [22/09/2017] HIGHEST RANKINGS: #2 in Assas... More

𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐎𝐍𝐄 || 𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄
𝐢. 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐢𝐢. 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞
𝐢𝐯. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝
𝐯. 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬
𝐯𝐢. 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞
𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐓𝐖𝐎 || 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑
𝐢𝐱. 𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 {𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐡
𝐱𝐢. 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲 {𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 {𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 {𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐯. 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 {𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 (𝐩𝐭. 𝐨𝐧𝐞)
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 (𝐩𝐭. 𝐭𝐰𝐨) {𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 || 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐛 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐲 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐱. 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐧 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐤𝐲
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐳𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐜 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 || 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐎
𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩
𝐱𝐱𝐱. 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 || 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐥. 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐨𝐧 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧
𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫
𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐯. 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐥
𝐱𝐥𝐯. 𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐬
𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢. 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}
𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃
𝐒𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐋

𝐱𝐥𝐢. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

1.1K 41 1
By scribe-of-azaris

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙗𝙮 𝙨𝙪𝙗 𝙪𝙧𝙗𝙖𝙣
❛ ... ❜

The phoenix landed in the nest, a strange red object dangling from her beak. The bird's wings fluttered as she folded them back, her sharp amber eyes falling on the figure of Rose.

"I see you are feeling better, child."

Rose's eyes widened as she realised the phoenix could speak. She was shocked- she knew that the dragons could communicate with people, but she had never met a phoenix before.

"Do not be afraid. I am Felliora."

"I... I-I'm Rose..." The dark-haired child stuttered nervously, still unsure about how she was supposed to interact with a phoenix. Her eyes remained on the phoenix's.

"A wonderful name."

Felliora dipped her head so that she was at eye-level with the child. The item in her beak was revealed to be a crimson red scarf, which fluttered in response to her movements.

"Take it,"

The phoenix dropped the scarf on the girl's head. Along with the scarf was a bundle of dark clothing, which the child fumbled to catch. She realised that it was a dark skirt, and a long-sleeved shirt accompanied by dark brown leather boots.

"Your clothes are torn. Use these instead."

Rose nodded, dumbfounded, but she didn't forget the manners that her mother had drilled into her. "Thank you..."

"Be careful with the scarf. It was woven from my feathers. It is a powerful item which will prove useful to you."

Rose gazed at the phoenix, feeling slightly more comfortable around the being once she realised that she wasn't going to try and kill her. She fiddled with her hands, her gaze trailing to the scarf and clothing. The girl couldn't help but wonder where the phoenix had gotten the clothes from.

For a moment, an image of the phoenix attempting to shop in a human town flickered through the child's mind. She was forced to douse her laughter before she could begin, earning what resembled a confused tilt of the head from the phoenix.

"Um... I'm sorry if this seems ungrateful... but why are you doing this for me? I don't have anything to give you..."

Felliora let out a melodic trill which seemed to be a phoenix's version of a laugh.

"You are quite amusing, young one."

The phoenix rose back to her original height, the dying sun's rays dancing across her feathers enchantingly.

"I wish to train you."

Rose's eyes were wide with awe. "Train... me?"

Felliora bobbed her head up and down in a nod.

"Yes. I shall take you beneath my wing, and teach you the art of Phoenix Slaying."

The girl hugged the clothes Felliora had given her close to her chest. Conflicting emotions flooded her mind. How would phoenix slaying benefit her? Shouldn't she simply return to the human villages?

But there was no one in the villages that would take in an orphaned child. Times were hard, with the war which was raging between the dragons.

"Is... a phoenix stronger than a dragon?"

Felliora's sharp eyes bore down on the girl. The phoenix looked as if she was glowing, the vermillion shades of sunset painting the sky behind her.

" We are of equal strength in most aspects."

Rose's eyes were bright with an uncanny determination as she declared her next words.

"Then, please train me."

"It would be my pleasure."

Months of training followed those words.

With each day Rose would wake up, climb down the mountain and forage in the woods for food. After eating, she would complete various exercises to improve her physical strength and stamina, before returning to the nest for lunch which Felliora would bring. They would eat lunch together whilst exchanging words, before commencing the magical aspect of the girl's training. 

By the time her magical training was over it would be evening, and the girl and the phoenix would go out for a flight before eating dinner and falling asleep.

Rose's flame spells grew stronger day by day, her fire becoming more intense as the days past.

Eventually, Rose reached seventeen years of age. Nine years of training had seen her grow into a young adult with a sharp mind and a strong body. The crimson scarf Felliora had given her remained with her for all those years, still as vibrant as it had been when she had first been given it.

Rose wrapped her arms around the phoenix's beak lovingly, a bright grin curling her lips upwards. It was early morning in the nest- the sun had barely risen.

"Felli! I'm finally seventeen~ Wake up~"

The phoenix groaned softly, her feathers puffing up as she released a deep breath. Slowly, she rose.

"You know what today is, right? ~"

Felliora fluttered her wings in annoyance.

"Yes, it is your Flame-giving ceremony today, I know..."

The phoenix was blatantly irritated by the girl's childish behaviour, her feathers rumpled after a night of sleep.

"Come on!" Rose cheered, punching the air with her fist. Her boots scuffed against the floor of the nest as she began to move about, prodding the phoenix cheekily.

Felliora huffed angrily, spreading her wings.

"Fine! Let's go!"

Rose stifled a laugh at the phoenix, her eyes bright.

Today was the day.

Today, she would finally become a full phoenix slayer.

Felliora stood facing Rose, her amber eyes sharp. The sun set a corona of light around the phoenix's silhouette, her feathers shimmering various shades of crimson and gold. Her melodic voice broke the silence.

"Do you pledge to never misuse your powers?"

"I do."

"To uphold your values with honour and dignity?"

"Of course."

"To remain a constant in the passage of time, until death lulls you to sleep?"

"Yes."

Felliora spread her wings, the flames which encircled them rising and falling with her movements. They flowed towards Rose, engulfing her in a spiral of golden fire. Slowly, the flames grew smaller and smaller- until all of a sudden, they dissolved.

Rose emerged from the flames untouched, her eyes a shade of red akin to the phoenix's feathers. An emblem glowed above her- wings spread wide, with a curved neck and a sharp beak.

The phoenix rune. Whether she had it or not decided her fate, from that day till her last. Felliora's eyes glittered with pride. 

"Welcome, Rose. From this day, forth,

you are a phoenix slayer."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 344 13
TRIGGER WARNING: MATURE THEMES SUCH AS SUICIDE AND DEPRESSION ARE INCLUDED. I WILL PUT WARNINGS AT THE BEGINNING OF CERTAIN CHAPTERS *I don't own Fa...
1M 27.5K 43
It was her dream to be able to join Fairy Tail, the strongest guild in all of Fiore. But now, was she really all that joyful that she joined that gui...
542K 18.5K 83
My name...my given name is Freya. I'm an assassin. No one knows what I look like. Sound like. Or know who I am. And I like it like that. I don't en...
262K 6.2K 54
We already know about the typical stories about Lucy leaving the guild well this is one of them as well but only on the beginning, because afterwards...