DIE ANOTHER DEATH :- THE UNDE...

By Deep4141

A young man wakes up in an alley and discovers that he has lost his memory. He sets out to uncover his identi... More

DIE ANOTHER DEATH:- THE UNDERWORLD RELOCATED [2]
DIE ANOTHER DEATH:- THE UNDERWORLD RELOCATED [3]
DIE ANOTHER DEATH:- THE UNDERWORLD RELOCATED [4]
DIE ANOTHER DEATH:- THE UNDERWORLD RELOCATED [5]
DIE ANOTHER DEATH:- THE UNDERWORLD RELOCATED [6]
DIE ANOTHER DEATH:- THE UNDERWORLD RELOCATED [7]
DIE ANOTHER DEATH:-THE UNDERWORLD RELOCATED [8]
DIE ANOTHER DEATH : CHAPTER 9
DIE ANOTHER DEATH: CHAPTER 10
DIE ANOTHER DEATH: CHAPTER 11
DIE ANOTHER DEATH: CHAPTER 12
DIE ANOTHER DEATH: CHAPTER 13
DIE ANOTHER DEATH: CHAPTER 14
DIE ANOTHER DEATH: CHAPTER 15
DIE ANOTHER DEATH: CHAPTER 16
DIE ANOTHER DEATH: CHAPTER 17
DIE ANOTHER DEATH: CHAPTER 18
DIE ANOTHER DEATH: CHAPTER 19

DIE ANOTHER DEATH: THE UNDERWORLD RELOCATED

6.9K 182 204
By Deep4141

      This is my first novel ever.  I hope you like it and let me know your thoughts, suggestions and any mistake that I might have overlooked, coz I'm only human !  ;-)

*** PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE IF YOU LIKE IT !!! ;-D

Genres:- Vampire/ Mystery/ Action/ Science fiction/ Romance/ Fantasy/ Horror/ Werewolf.

Copyright © 2010- All rights reserved.

                             DIE ANOTHER DEATH

                          ====================

          PART ONE:  THE UNDERWORLD RELOCATED .....

         =========  ===============================

                                .... RIGHT INTO MY TOWN !!!  

                              ========================

                                    PROLOGUE  

                                 ============

          "Hand it over, Dr. Anderson."

          "Never! You are monsters and there is no place for you in the human civilization."

          "That maybe what you think. But our view is exactly the opposite. It's survival of the fittest, doctor, and it will come to pass however hard you try to resist. Now hand it over. I am losing patience."

         "Never. This is your death and you cannot escape death."

         "Foolish man, we are immortals! We already died once and were reborn, more powerful than ever."

         "I am gonna rid this world of abominations like you. Your devious plans will never come to pass. And don't try that hypnotism hocus-pocus on me, 'cause it ain't gonna work."

        "Don't you value your life, doctor? I have great respect for you. I read a lot about your exploits in Vietnam and the Gulf Wars. As a warrior myself, I admire your military prowess, though I don't give a damn about your scientific skills."

        "I do value my life, but it will be well spent if I am able to cause your annihilation."

        "I think I have heard enough. I would have dispatched any other person in your place much sooner. You are a fool to resist, Anderson, and you will die as one."

        With that, Julius unsheathed his saber from its golden scabbard. The hilt was encrusted with numerous glistening rubies, a huge 20-carat ruby affixed to the pommel, and the blade shone like a bright flashlight as it caught the rays from the overhead light fixtures. On the fuller near the grip were inscribed - ' Immortalis mos sceptrum'.

        Within a couple of seconds, Julius covered the twenty-or-so feet that separated him from Anderson. He rose up in the air and swung down his blade.

        A trail of blood appeared on the wall beside the venerable doctor.

                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                 CHAPTER 1 :-  

                               ============

          I opened my eyes slowly. The world seemed black. It was as if somebody had forgotten to switch on the lights in a hermetically sealed room and I was lying right in the middle of it. It was so dark, not a single ray of light penetrating the absolute jet-blackness.

          I felt my face pressed down on the ground - no, it didn't seem like a floor. I felt the grains of dirt prickle the side of my face and the minuscule pebbles compressing my skin.  

         There was dust in my nostrils. I tried to suppress the powerful urge to sneeze but did not succeed. In fact, very few can.  

          "AACHCHOOO !!!"

          The force of my naso-oral wind kicked up a fierce dust-storm. The veil of darkness was momentarily raised and light trickled in.

          "AACHCHOOO !!!" I went again and the result was the same.

          I realized that I was covered by something heavy. I pushed myself on my shaky right elbow and with my left hand, I pulled the cover off me.

          It was a heavy black tarpaulin, folded thrice over, draped over my body. For a moment I thought that somebody had left me for dead and covered up my body so that it would not be discovered. At least not soon enough.

          My head was spinning as I took in my surroundings. I was lying in some dark, murky alley. A green dumpster with its paint peeling off stood beside me. It was filled with all sorts of garbage that threatened to overflow- and fall onto me !!! But the most disgusting part was the half-foot long piece of white bone with rotting flesh on it, lying inches away from my head. I gagged. The whole alley smelled evil.

         I pushed myself to my feet, supporting myself against the wall. My chest throbbed and I could hear the diatonic Lub-Dub of my heart. My knees and feet were wobbly and I swayed like a palm tree being buffeted by strong winds. My feet felt dissociated from my body. How long had I been lying there ???

         The alley was filled with junk and debris and ended up at a high charred wall about forty feet away from me on one side. The other side opened out onto a brightly sun-lit street. I looked at the dumpster. I had been positioned in such a way that nobody looking in from the street would have noticed me unless they came into the alley and started poking around. This sort of reinforced my earlier belief that I had been assaulted and left behind, my attackers hoping that I would succumb to my injuries and no one the wiser.

          I felt my body- my arms, hands, legs, shoulders and then my head. There was a sizable lump over my occiput. There it was- realization of my theory. It throbbed as I felt it, the pain quite bearable. There was no break in the skin- thank God for that.

          I started towards the sun-light, my legs holding me up pretty well. I walked out of the alley and onto the street.

          The effulgent sun almost blinded me. I could see yellow and red stars dancing in front of my eyes. I blinked several times to adjust to the brightness. I looked down at myself.

           I was wearing a brown leather jacket, a black T-shirt with the two letters 'DX' emblazoned across the front in vivid fluorescent color with the edges dripping off.

          "DX ?" I muttered not recognizing the obvious initials.

          I wore a black faded jeans and hard gray leather boots. My belt was a thick leather piece with the bulky steel buckle spelling out 'M'. Sorry, it's actually 'W'. I was looking at the letter upside down. Well, I thought, at least I am dressed well. Not a vagabond or a tramp am I, no sir.

         I looked to the right. The street joined an intersection a couple of blocks down. There were cars of all types on the streets- sedans, minivans, a coupe, a couple of sports cars, trucks, bikes and so on. I glanced to my left. The street snaked up a low-rising hill with rows of brick and stone houses flanking it on either side. I could see up to the summit beyond which the street plunged down and was lost to sight. Even this stretch of the street was occupied with a few cars.

          But what was weird was that there were no passengers at all in any of the cars. In fact, the entire street was deserted - not a single person could be seen. There weren't even any animals, dogs or a stray cat. Come to think of it, I couldn't spot a single bird anywhere- not on the branches of trees, or perched on the overhead wires, or on the rooftops. I could spy only a flock of birds flying high up in the azure sky, going away from my line of sight.

         "Strange !" I said to myself. "What is happening here? Where am I? What is this place?"

         Suddenly, a horrid thought flashed into my brain; I felt as if somebody had punched me firmly in the gut like I was a bag of sand.

         "WHO AM I ?"  

                  ***************************************  

                                           - DEEP

*** Comment and vote if u liked what u read so far !  =)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 176 8
History is written by the victors. It's something we've known for years. The classic biblical tale depicts an eternal struggle between gruesome demon...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...
2.7K 125 24
Violet Ferrari is at breaking point. Moving out of home was supposed to fix her problems, not exacerbate them. All the shit she tried to escape, came...
19.1K 587 25
A girl haunted by her nightmares, awakes to a world she does not understand. On the run, a man named Ben comes to her aid and they begin an unlikely...