Dear Alex A.

By Just_Mixed

"Where is Alexander?" Every Nightwalker she runs into seems to be asking her the same question. Truth be told... More

Chaptear 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Fin

Chapter 38

35 0 0
By Just_Mixed

"Duck!" I snarled launching the sword behind Luke, the ghoul ran straight into it.

"You almost got me!" My mate frowned up at me, he was still crouched on the floor.

"But I didn't!" I raced to finish the job, as more creatures poured into the hall.

"East wing is secure!" I heard Daniel from my ear piece, just as a smoke bomb rolled towards us. Luke kicked it back in the direction it came from after taking down a vampire. Forget wooden stakes, the best way to kill them was to go 'Queen of Hearts' on them.

"I can't smell any." I panted as we continued towards the center of the hospital. It had been secured by the enemy, cutting off medical supplies from the humans. We had divided the warriors into several groups, but still leaving plenty behind should there be an attempt at retaliation.

"Have you tried linking with anyone?" Luke suggested before pulling out his gun.

"Does it look like we have time for me to concentrate like that?" I snapped feeling more frustrated by the minute. We fought our way to the lobby where we were met with four vampires, three were-creatures, and a witch. Daniel, Roman, and Jo crashed in through the opposite side, and finally, my father forced his way from the front entrance. Lord or not, he was still incredibly powerful.

"They were mere pawns, but I still didn't expect you to go through them so quickly." The witch sighed. The vampires tossed her a glare before turning their attention back to us. Seems like there wasn't much comradery between the species. "I still don't understand what you're trying to do. Prove yourselves to those soil shoving losers so they can accept you? So they can give you permission to join their ranks? You're whipped mutts is what you are!" She spat before rolling up her sleeves. Her arms were covered in tattoos that began to glow. The insult fanned the flames of rage in my veins, and I charged.

"Not so fast!" One of the vampires glared, trying to get in my way. Jo leapt from the second floor, slicing him down and his partner went for revenge. One of the weres shifted into a large brown bear, her claws were lethally sharp with plenty of length to shred your insides without much effort. Alexander shifted and launched himself at her whilst the rest of the team fought to keep anyone out of my way.

***Luke's POV***

Daniel hauled Jo off somewhere safe. A lion had mauled her when her back was turned while dealing with the vampire. She swore and shot at the lion who fell lifeless, but she was still dragged away. The witch pulled out a book and began reading, her tattoos glowing brighter as she did, her voice growing louder as hot wind swirled around us. A circle of fire burst from the floor around her and in a flash, thick black smoke collected itself into a solid mass above her. The aura it gave off felt like pure evil, and the witch cackled at her success.

"Not today, bitch!" Fay swung her sword, and the mass dropped itself down, blocking the witch from the blade now buried in its side. The shadow screeched and I pulled my mate back, instinctively placing myself between her and it. This wasn't something we had ever been trained on. We hadn't dealt with many witches in our area, and the older hunters usually took care of them. This one was strong and had summoned a creature we had no idea what it was. But something in the back of my mind was scratching at a wall, trying to remind me of something. It was clawing away at its restraints, fighting to free itself from the remnants of the spell.

"You stupid girl, did you honestly think a fleabag such as yourself could take on a dark spirit?" The redhead burst out laughing. "Sorry to break it to you honey, but not everything can be won barbarically. You're at the bottom of the food chain." Fay snarled, her eyes tinting purple. No matter how angry she was, I couldn't let her at it. Lux...

"We've already wasted too much time and resources here." The witch claimed, raising her hand.

"Clamávero ad eum lux Dei Bellator." The words tumbled from my lips and the creature growled, but still shrunk back a smidge. Consciously, I had no idea what words just spewed out. But the dark spirit didn't like it one bit. A pressure began in the middle of my forehead and slowly began to get heavier. After a few moments it grew more distinct, like the sensation of squeezing your eye shut. How do you relieve this pressure? Simply by opening your eye. "Holy shit!"

"What?!" Fay pulled me back and the witch frowned with an eyebrow cocked. How could she ask what?! Weren't we seeing the same- "Luke?" The creature wasn't just a dark shadowy mass thing anymore. Greying skin, malicious green eyes, hair standing up on end as if she had been electrocuted, this was a woman.

"Die! Die! Die!" Her raspy voice hissed.

"Clamávero ad eum lux Dei Bellator!" I repeated firmly and the woman shrieked angrily. The pressure in my forehead seemed to transfer to the very top of my head and as it did, my hands grew warm. My gaze drifted down to find them veiled in a white light, and in my mind's eye, I saw him. He looked like an elf from some popular movies. Tall, slender, with soft features, but unmistakably strong, the elf was a spirit I had somehow managed to summon. My hands acted by themselves, stringing an arrow on a bow as ancient and elegant as its master. The weapons were made of the same white light as the spirit, but to my hands they felt solid. "Purge the wicked souls that plague the earth." The arrow flew loose, piercing the dark spirit straight in the chest. She shrieked and wailed as her body cracked before shattering into oblivion.

"Not bad, not bad..." The witch snickered, raising her hand again, "Try this one on for size."

***Fay's POV***
What the hell possessed my mate?! He move as if he just shot an arrow and the spirit vanished. As soon as it did, more spirits were summoned and his focus grew more intense. Luke moved and attacked with invisible weapons, but they seemed to do the job. The two looked strained in their battle, so I took that as an opportunity to close in. Backing away towards the shadows, I crept slowly along the wall to not draw attention to myself. It worried me to see  Luke in his condition, he seemed wounded, and the more energy and effort he fought with, the more the color faded from his skin. Every now and then he would shout something in different languages. I drew my sword,

"I. Don't. Think. So!" The witched spun and glared at me, in her eyes I could feel the presence of something dark. She tried projecting her aura at me, to intimidate me, but the challenge stirred up my own wolf. She was beyond pissed that this woman was hurting her mate, and she wanted out. It felt like cool water trickling in, the water of life itself filling my veins. Suddenly, I felt a hand close around my throat, lifting me into the air. "Like I said, you're just a bitch. But I'll break you into submission." The redhead sneered. The coolness that I once felt ignited, but there was little I could do against a force I couldn't touch.

"F*ck you!" Luke stumbled forward after finishing the last of the spirits, he looked about ready to collapse. "Roman! Get Luke out of here!" I shouted, trying to free myself. Alexander and the bear were still at it, both lost in their rage. Daniel had taken Jo to safety, and my gut told me soon, the enemy would have back up. Maybe we weren't as strong as we-

You shall not surrender. You shall not submit. Release me.

No, I couldn't so it again. I can't lose myself. I must control it!

Release me or you will lose. It isn't one or the other. This is us.

Luke roared, breaking away from Roman's grasp. He shifted, snarling and charging at the witch who pivoted, throwing me at the giant wolf. With a yelp, we tumbled across the floor. The witch laughed, pulling Luke up by his tail, dangling him in the air. His curses rang loud and clear in my mind, but I knew his strength was failing him. Whatever he did to fight those spirits had definitely taken a toll on him.

Enough.

"You pathetic sack of meat!" She launched him aside before doing the same to me, tossing us around like rag dolls.

Enough!

"How dare you bare your teeth at me!" Growls sounded around us and I felt my mind being pulled in several different directions as the cool energy grew warmer and buzzed with electricity. It crackled beneath my skin, looking for an exit. She raised her fist again, raising Luke up one more time before slamming him down.

"Enough!" I practically screamed out at the top of my lungs. The energy burst outwards, shattering any glass around me. As I stood back up, I felt many eyes on me. Several voices whispered in my head, most words incompressible, but by the feelings I was receiving there was shock, fear, and curiosity. But I felt arrogance, judgment, and disapproval the most. My sword hummed in my grasp; I knew by the intense clarity of my senses and my newfound strength, I had brought out my power as Lord. I silenced the voices and focused on the enemy before me. There would be no mercy, and there was no time nor reason to drag this out any longer.

***Luke's POV***
Roman came to help me to my feet, Alexander rolled the dead bear off of him and watched with calculating eyes. I almost didn't recognize the woman standing before us.

"Awwww did the little puppy get pissed? Listen shorty, you may be the leader of the paw patrol, but you're no match for me." Before she could blink, Fay appeared right behind her, kicking her in the back, sending the book flying in another direction.

"I can't tell you how tired I am of all your damn tricks. And calling me weak?" Fay gave her a kick to the ribs causing the witch's body to fly across the floor. "Saying my race is inferior to you?" I knew no one else could see it, but there was electricity all over Fay and her sword. "Respect is given where it is due." She snarled, her purple eyes blazing. The witch pulled out a knife and flung it at my mate who didn't see it coming. It pierced her stomach but Fay didn't even flinch. The witch clutched her sides, scooting back to keep distance between them.

"That silver knife was  dipped in wolfsbane, you got a few seconds before you're begging me for mercy." The witch sneered. Fay snarled and pulled out the knife, throwing it aside before charging, thrusting her sword through the woman's heart. "How?!" Fay wasn't alone, that's how. About a dozen wolves stalked out from the shadows, surrounding us.

"Get in my way and I'll smite you where you stand." My mate threatened, and however vicious she looked, she took my breath away. Her braids had come undone and her wavy hair flew about her. Her clothes had be torn here and there and splattered with blood, she had a few nasty bruises on her arms, no doubt she had them everywhere else. But still she looked on fearlessly at the wolves who had come. Shoulders back, chin up. One male strolled up after shifting back to two legs. He looked like everything you'd expect from a future Alpha. Tall, built, and arrogant. He stuff his hands in his pockets, totally relaxed as his body towered over the Lord's. His smirk said it all.

"Ethan..." A female ran up to him and tried to pull him back, but the blonde shrugged her off and continued until he was toe to toe with Fay. He rubbed his chin with amusement written all over that mug of his.

"They honestly think I'd bow to this powderpuff?" Ethan chuckled, Fay dug her sword into the ground beside her and stepped forward.

"You think you won't?" She replied icily, her eyes still blazing. Ethan laughed wholeheartedly before attempting to lift her chin with his finger. As expected, she bit the finger and pulled. Using his momentum, she brought his head to meet her elbow. The male's head turned after a sickening crack was heard. As he spun, Fay swooped down, pulled his legs up and let him fall face first.

"Ethan!" The female wanted to butt in but a glare from my mate held her still.

"I honestly don't need you to bow, but I at least ask to be treated with respect, as anyone would."

"How can a tiny little nobody become Lord?" Ethan growled, picking himself up off the floor. "I won't accept it!" He turned, his eyes wrought with anger. "You're not even a pure blood. That whore of a woman you call moth-" The blonde didn't even get to finish his insult. He was dumbstruck at the sudden gravity that not even he could fight. Step by calm step, Fay closed the distance again. The other wolves behind him growled and whined, fighting to stay on their feet but eventually they dropped to their knees.

"I'd be very careful about what I say if I were you. I've heard of the way many of our kind are treating humans, it's unacceptable. Whether you like it or not, I am Lord. You can either accept that and get your shit together, or you'll no longer have to deal with anything again." With each word her aura grew heavier and Ethan snarled but not even he could stay on his feet. There was something celestial about her. As if she were channeling the Goddess herself. "No one species is above another, and this war is as pointless and idiotic as the beliefs that started it. We may be stronger than humans, but that doesn't give us the right to treat them as lesser people. Now either you all grow up or I'll take you out. As ambassador for the Goddess, I'd rather not take anymore of her children, but there is no alternative. Let me know now so I don't have to chase you around later." Fay relaxed and released everyone from her hold.

Ethan stepped forward with a totally different demeanor. No longer cocky, but still confident. He bowed on his own accord,

"Forgive my actions towards you. It was only an act to see if you were truly Lord and deserving of the title. Many have come trying to claim they were granted the title or that they were descendants of the former Lord, but none could prove it."

"I only had one child..." I heard Alexander mutter, crossing his arms.

***Fay's POV***
My borrowed grace was leaving, welcoming back my awkwardness. All this formality was making my skin crawl.

"Alright alright, back up you go. " I tapped his foot with my shoe before turning to face my mate who stared with awe. "Do I have something on my face?" I blushed, wiping my face. My body temperature started rising and I didn't understand why.

"Fay?"

"Lord?"

"Why are there- Gah!" As the last of my power left, my body suddenly remembered that I had gotten stabbed.

"Fay!" My vision was momentarily blinded by pain.

"Luke, can you help her?!"

"I'll try!"

"No!" I put my hand out to stop him. If he used any more of his energy who knows what would happen to him.

"Dammit Fay, just shut up and let me try!"

"We can help her but we have to move quickly." I heard Ethan but I don't think my eyes were open anymore. "Our healer is just out of town, if we can get her there we can save her." My insides felt like they were melting and freezing at the same time.

"F*cking witch!" I snarled, my body beginning to spasm. Seriously though? I just asserted my dominance over these guys and I crumpled not five seconds later. Shouldn't being half human give me some helpful perks like immunity to this stuff?

"Fine, but any tricks and I'll kill you myself!" Luke growled, by the tingles I knew he was carrying me. The last thing I remember was the look on my father's face, a mix between worry and pride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey!! So hope you all liked this chapter. Luke can do his own hocusy pocusy  stuff now!
\(>~<)/ But he reaaAAALY needs to train himself in those skills. We'll be wrapping this up, and I'm actually pretty hesitant on publishing the sequel. Of course there'll be major editing to this story, alterations here and there, so I guess the sequel depends on how that goes and if I get any feedback from anyone in general.... But still much much appreciation for any and all who have kept up with Fay and Luke and their craziness.     ****
                                                /(^~^)\ you guys deserve some gold stars

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 265 27
COMPLETE - Highest Ranking: 85 in Nature | "I loved you from the moment I met you, Sofia." | Sofia's world turned upside down when her parents were m...
78.3K 2.4K 44
'I always knew my hometown of Silver Hills was weird, but I never imagined it was werewolf weird...' The alpha of the Silver Hills pack has been alon...
757 22 18
This is where I confusingly ramble on and on about Werewolves, but somehow it makes sense. All nerds welcome. This is a safe space, this is a ✨nerd✨...
250K 12.4K 67
"I'm going to erase and replace that man-every man-from your mind," Alexander's grip on me tightens. A snarl escaping his lips to remind me exactly w...