Nature's Freak - BOOK 1 ✔ (Un...

By EmotionalPerson01

Freya Jane Grinsly is known to be a "Freak". Everyone in her town see's her as a mysterious person and despi... More

Welcome Back!!!
Chapter 1: Who am I?
Chapter 2: Threatened to Break.
Chapter 3: Friend or Enemy?
Chapter 4: Something Bad to Come.
Chapter 5: Defenseless.
Chapter 6: Death Sentence.
Chapter 7: The Past Will Return.
Chapter 8: The Never Ending Night.
Chapter 9: The Deal Never Included Me.
Chapter 10: A Nightmare to Be Continued.
Chapter 11: Confusion At It's Finest
Chapter 12: Sweet and Innocent
New Book
Chapter 14: Sanctuary
OH....MY.....GOSH!!!!
Chapter 15: A Monster Who Loves
Chapter 16: Saved By The 'Monster' Himself
Republish Saved By The Devil Series?!
Chapter 17: Better Than A Pistol
Chapter 18: Fight to The Death
Chapter 19: Who's to Blame?
Chapter 20: Apologies and Energy
Chapter 21: Confession Day
Chapter 22: Road Trip
Chapter 23: No Breaks
PLEASE READ
Chapter 24: It's A Weird Day
Chapter 25: A Plan
Chapter 26: Ethan!
Chapter 27: That Makes Sense
Chapter 28: Stuck Beyond Help
Chapter 29: What Was Lost is Now Found
Chapter 30: Still Gone
Chapter 31: I Want Vengeance
Sequel
There Will Be A Book 2!! READ!!
BOOK 2 IS OUT!!

Chapter 13: Bloodbath

2.1K 100 7
By EmotionalPerson01

After Kai came over and we all had dinner, before leaving, I left the leftover food on the living room table for my parents. We headed to the movies and ended up watching A Hitman's Bodyguard. After the movies, we spent an hour just roaming around the park. It then started to rain so we just headed home. Ethan invited Kai over to hang out at our house for a few. I didn't fully agree with the idea considering how our parents are but Kai didn't seem to care one bit.

I looked over to Ethan to see him giving me the same weird curious look. I then looked back at Kai to see he also had the same look excepting a bit more astonished. Letting out a sigh, I turned to my mother who had her face in a bowl of avocado over the kitchen counter. I looked over to my dad to see he was giving her the same look we were as he closed the fridge with a beer bottle in his hand.

"What is she doing?" I asked my dad causing him to look at me. "I don't even know," he held his hand up in surrender then turned to look back at her.

I hummed in response and turned back to look at my mother who still had her face in the bowl. "Mom?" Ethan called from besides me. "Yes?" her voice echoed from inside the bowl. "Uhh...Why do you have your face in a bowl of mashed avocado?" he asked.

She slowly lifted her face from the bowl and was now staring at us with avocado all over her. Her lips then twitched up into a smile, "I didn't know you was having company over dear and they say that soaking your face in a bowl of avocados for an hour brightens the skin and keeps it healthy," she explained.

"Hun, you can't believe everything you read on the internet," my father shook his head at her. She rolled her eyes and shoved her face back in the bowl. "Thanks for the food Ethan," she thanked him.

"Mom, Freya got you the food," he replied. "Yeah, okay," she mumbled.

I rolled my eyes before turning on my heels and exiting the kitchen and heading to the stairway. Ethan and Kai followed behind as I walked up the stairs into my room. I placed my phone on the dresser before dropping on my bed. Kai took a place by my desk and as for Ethan, he crashed on the opposite side of my bed.

"So tell me about yourself," Ethan spoke to Kai. Kai spun around in my spinning chair and nodded, "Well, what do you want to know?" he asked.

I shrugged, "Anything."

"Okay, well since we're getting to know each other more, how about we just go around asking questions and we all take turns answering," Kai suggested.

"Sounds good to me," Ethan agreed. Kai looked over to me for confirmation. "I'm down," I gave him a small smile. "Alright, well I'll go first. What's your strongest trait?" Kai asked.

"I'm conscientious as fu-"

"I dare you to finish that sentence," I glared at Ethan only to cause Kai to laugh. "Why do you always assume I'm going to say the 'f' word. I was going to say fudge," he held his hand up in surrender.

I rolled my eyes, "Sure," I sarcastically replied. Ethan let out a small chuckle and I could help but join in. I shook my head and looked at Kai who was smiling at me. "My strongest trait would be," I thought for a while before answering, "I think it would be either ambitious or hopeful. What about you?" I nodded my head to Kai as he laid back in the chair.

"For me, it would be mysterious," he replied. Ethan hummed in response, "That defiantly defines you considering how you next take off those shades," he stated.

I nodded my head agreeing with Ethan's bold statement. I had honestly forgot he was wear shades. After a while, you just get used to it.

"Why do you constantly wear shades?" I asked. I watched as he tensed up in his seat a little. "I will explain one day when we're all ready," he smiled.

"Right, my turn. What was the most wicked thing you ever did?" Ethan asked. The question seemed to have phase Kai because he stopped spinning in the chair and tensed up. Ethan and I quickly glimpsed at each other before looked back straight at Kai. "Pass," Kai quickly replied.

My eyebrow rose, "Pass?" I questioned.

Kai nodded his head, "I don't want to talk about it. Maybe in the future I will but not now," he mumbled.

Ethan nodded his head, "Fair enough. I'll ask a different question then," Ethan stated and Kai silently thanked him.

As Ethan started to think of a question, a buzzing came into my hearing and I recognized it as Rio. He quickly landed on my shoulder and started to buzz really fast making it hard for me to understand him.

"Slow down," I stated to him.

"What?" Kai asked causing me to quickly look at him. My eyes widened at how stupid I was forgetting Kai didn't know anything and talking to Rio out loud when Kai is around.

I looked at Ethan who had his eyebrow raised. "I was just telling Ethan to slow down. Like take his time thinking of a question," I lied with a smile. Kai hummed in response and I looked over at Ethan who was just eyeing me curiously.

I got up from my bed and gave them a both smile, "I'm going to use the bathroom real quick," I lied before quickly dashing out the room before they could respond. Instead of going into my bathroom, I walked out my room and down the hall into the other bathroom. Shutting the door behind me, I turned the water on. Rio flew off my shoulder and started to fly in front me.

He started to buzz away and I listened intensely as to what he was saying. Turns out some shoot out is happening and Hazel got hurt and is bleeding. I felt my heart drop as Rio said it looked like a slim chance he was going to survive.

"How did you even make it through the rain Rio?" I asked. He started buzzing some more saying it was hard to make it through the rain but it was all for Hazel.

I let out a sigh knowing I had to get to Hazel. "Alright, lets go. Hide in my hoodie. I'll tell Ethan before we leave," I mumbled. Rio flew behind me and laid in my hoodie. Shutting off the pipe, I opened the bathroom door and walked back down the hall into my room.

As I walked into my room, I could hear Kai and Ethan just laughing at some joke they made. Walking in, they both looked at me and smiled. I casually smiled back and looked directly at Ethan.

"Mom wants to talk to use for a second," I lied. Ethan nodded and hopped off the bed before making his way over to me. I looked over at Kai who had a worried look on his face. "Is everything okay?" he asked. I nodded my head, "We'll be back in a minute," I replied.

He hummed in response and I walked out the room before closing my door. I looked at Ethan who had a curious look on his face.

"So what did mom want to tell us?" he asked as we started walking down the hall. I didn't reply since Kai was still in hearing distance from us.

I grabbed Ethan's hand and pulled him down the hall into the bathroom. Turning on the pipe, I turned to look at Ethan to see he was even more confused.

"I don't have much time to explain but Hazel as been hurt and I need to go save him. Rio mention something about some shot out and if I don't get to Hazel in time, it may be to late so I need you to stay here and keep Kai busy and don't mention anything. I will be back as soon as I can," I tried to explain as quickly as I could.

I watched as Ethan frowned as I told him about Hazel's condition. "But I want to go with you," he mumbled. I pulled him in for a hug. "No, it's not safe. I need you to be here. Your job is to keep Kai busy and unaware. Say I got to go grab something or check something. I got to go," I informed him as we pulled away from the hug. He nodded his head and I turned off the pipe before opening the door.

Ethan gave me a soft smile before walking back to my room. Letting out a sigh, I quickly walked down the stair and into the kitchen to see my parents were no longer there. I spotted my car keys on the counter and ran over to it before grabbing it and running out the door.

Closing the door behind me, I ran down to my car and hopped inside. Starting the engine, I heard a beeping sound and saw there was little to no gas left. I wasn't going to make it.

"Rio, you're going to have to hold on tight," I stated before pulling my hoodie over my head. Rio positioned himself between my shoulder and neck. Letting out a sigh, the rain started pouring harder and I opened the door before running down the driveway and around the corner.

"You're going to have to direct me," I shouted over the heavy rain that was now soaking me within seconds.

I followed Rio's directions and after 7 minutes of running around, I found in the middle of the woods. At this point, Rio then buzzed some more saying he left Hazel in his spot. It was almost pitch black to the point where I could barely see where I was going. The only thing that gave me light was the moon and the strokes of lightning in the sky.

"Hazel," I whispered looking around the trees. I reached in my pocket for my phone but mentally cursed as I remember I had left it on the dresser in my room.

"Rio, you're going to have to fly around and try to find him, " I whispered.

Rio buzzed and flew out of my hoodie. Carefully walking around, I continued to look for Hazel. After a minute or so, Rio came flying back buzzing around saying he found Hazel. I followed Rio and heard some shouting in the distance. As I got closer, I saw a bunch of headlights and guys walking around.

As I got closer, my eyes widened at what I was witnessing. There was guys with guns scattered around and in the center was Victor standing there. Some of the guys had there weapons aimed at him.

Rio started buzzing and I looked to see Hazel was 3 feet away hiding in a bush. I silently made my way over to him. Kneeling down, I gently lifted him out of the bush. The lights from the cars made it easier for me to see Hazel. He was laying on his side and I could see his back left leg was almost detached from his body.

He started to let out a weak chatter and I hushed him since there were guys walking around with guns. I hovered my right hand over Hazel's leg and closed my eyes to focus. Drowning out the footsteps from the guys and their voices, I focused on Hazel's leg. The wind blew slightly and I opened my eyes and looked down at Hazel. He had his neck turned so he was looking back at his leg. I moved my hand to see his leg was being reattached and all his blood was being sucked back up. Within seconds, he looked like a normal squirrel again.

Hazel quickly got up and started cheering before running around me in circles. I couldn't help but smile at how happy he was. I then shushed him again causing him to look at me. I nodded towards the headlights that was coming from the cars. He turned around and I turned my attention back to the guys that had Victor surrounded.

I walked up closer and hide behind a bush. I know I should be leaving but something just felt wrong.

"I don't know what to do to you Victor," a guy with a dark blue jacket and assault gun spoke as he stepping in front Victor. Victor stood there and casually shrugged, "He should of paid me back," he replied.

"Ray didn't deserve this. He was a good leader," the guy shouted.

Ray. Where have I heard that name before?

I could see Victor rolling his eyes, "A good leader?" he laughed, "A good leader knows how to pay someone back. A good leader doesn't kill his own family and a good leader doesn't run from a fight. Ray shouldn't have ran," Victor spoke in firm tone.

The guy in front him lifted up his gun and went to hit Victor in the face but Victor dodged it. A bunch of clicks went off and I gasped but quickly covered my mouth before it could fully escape from me. The guy's head turned my direction only with a few other guy's and Victor.

I stood still and watched as they slowly looked away. "I can't believe it was this easy to capture you," the guy scoffed as he walked around Victor.

What? They captured Victor? No one can capture Victor...Unless he willfully turned himself in.

My eyes widened. I really shouldn't be here. Victor has backups. He always does.

I heard a click behind my head and I froze in my spot. "Slowly get up," a guy ordered me. I slowly got up and he pushed me forward. "Walk and keep your hands where I can see them," he demanded. I slowly walked out of the bush and towards the headlights.

"I found this guy in the bush," the guy spoke behind me causing everyone to turn and look at me. Keeping my head down, I swallowed the new forming lump in my throat. I glimpsed over to Victor who was glaring at me.

The guy behind me shoved me towards the guy in the dark blue jacket. I stumbled forward almost falling on my face causing some of the guys to laugh at me.

"Removed your hood," the guy ordered. I slowly removed my hood and silence took over to the point you could only hear the rain hitting the ground and the cars.

"Search her," he ordered. The guy behind me was now tapping down my body and I felt a bit uncomfortable. "Is she yours?" the guy asked. It didn't take a genus to know he was talking to Victor.  

"No," he quickly replied.

A hand then grabbed my chin and lifted it so I was now face to face with the guy in the dark blue jacket. "Name?" he barked.

"F-Freya," I shuttered. A smirk rose to his face, "Hi Freya. My name is Eric. Mind telling me what you're doing out here late at night...alone?" he questioned.

Think fast.

"I was just angry and took a jog. I saw some headlights and decided to take a look," I lied.

He hummed in response, "So that's all?" he asked. I nodded my head.

"So you don't know him?" he ask looking over to Victor. I looked at Victor then back at Eric. "The whole town knows him," I replied.

"Right. Do you have a relationship with him?" he asked. I quickly shook my head, "No."

Eric then pointed his gun to my chest and I felt my body turning into jello. "Sorry but you've seen to much and you -"

"I wouldn't say anything," I quickly stated. Eric let out a laugh, "As much as I would like to believe it, I'm not risking it," he replied.

A groan came out from Victor causing us to both look at him. "For fuck sake. Just let her go. This is between you and me, Eric," Victor growled.

Eric shoved me toward Victor causing me to crash into his chest. Victor held my arm causing me to look up at him. I could see he was very pissed off. 

"You really think you could trick me. When Jake when to look for Ray, he reported that you took a girl into the house. She fits the description," Eric looked at Victor then me.

Victor scoffed causing me to looked up at him. "Trust me. She's no the one I bought home. Just let her go and lets get down to business," he scoffed.

To defeat the huns. No Freya. You're surrounded by guns. No time to be thinking of Mulan.

As I looked closer at Victor, I could see that there was a nude color earpiece in his ear. He did have a plan.

"To bad. She's seen to much," Eric pointed his gun to me.

Victor let out a groan. "You're so ignorant. She's not the one," he argued.

He was trying to save me.

"Doesn't matter anymore. She's going to die first then you," Eric chirped.

Victor turned to look at me. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get involved. I was really running around. I'm sorry," I started to randomly cry. He let out a sigh and pulled me into his chest.

"It's okay," he mumbled.

"Awe, I almost feel sympathy for you both," Eric commented before laughing. His men then joined in.

Victor then buried his face in the crook of my neck. "Whatever happens, don't let go of my hand. When I tell you to run, you run with me," he spoke in a hush tone.

"Alright, enough hugging before I throw up," Eric scoffed. Victor released my from the hug and he held my hand and our fingers intertwined together.

"Cute," Eric smirked before raising up his gun at us.

I felt my heart dropped.

Eric let out a chuckle then stopped. I watched as blood was now dripping down the front of his forehead. In the middle was a shine sliver bullet coming out. Eric's body was slowly dropping to the floor and Victor pulled my hand indicating me to start running with him and so I did.

Everyone was now being snipped and some of them who were alive were shooting at us. A guy jumped in front us and pulled his trigger causing me to let out a piercing scream.

Victor seemed to have seen ahead of time because before the guy actually pulled the trigger, Victor had released my hand and snatched it out the guy's hand before pulling the trigger. Victor then grabbed my hand and we started running again.

My hearing was now gone at this point. I knew I was in shock. My body was moving but everything was slowly being processed.

Victor pulled me behind a car and stood in front me. I looked at his lips but couldn't hear anything he was saying. I looked up to his eyes to see he had a concerned look on his face. He then quickly peeked around the car before firing some shots then looking back at me.

He then cupped my face and continued to talk but I still couldn't hear him.

The wind blew harder and the rain came heavier. Victor released my face and took my hand in his before running again. As we ran further away from the car, an explosion came behind me. I turned to see the car had exploded.

Victor then released my hand again and started to fire. After a few minutes, he stopped. He then pulled me around the car and walked up towards some guys who greeted him. As I looked around, I saw dead bodies everywhere and I'm pretty sure under my shoes was someone's blood.

A hand then wrapped around my neck and I felt a pistol being jammed against my head.

The guy must have said something because Victor and his guys turned to look at me. Victor then said something to him but the guy just shoved his pistol harder against the side of my head. I looked at Victor who was shouting at the guy before looking at me. He said something but I couldn't make it out.

Closing my eyes, I thought of Ethan. I can't leave him. This isn't how things are suppose to be. I may regret this for I'm not dying. Not today at least.

I focused my powers and opened my eyes. Focusing my powers, I used the power of wind to change the direction of his aim. Before he could push back, I switch elbowed him causing him to release me. I turned around and took the gun from his arm before aiming it at him. I felt my body growing tried and weak.

He started to say something but I was drowning everything out. I turned around and walked over to Victor who was just staring at me a bit in shock. I shoved the gun in his hand and started to walked through the bushed I came out from. A shot went off behind me and I knew they had killed the guy. I wasn't going to kill the guy. I didn't want to. I just wanted to be free. I want to go home and pretend everything is okay and none of this just happened.

A hand grabbed me and turned me around. I saw it was Victor. He said something and I slowly blink trying to focus but couldn't. The next thing you know, my eyes is slowly closing and Victor is picking me up.

When your gut tells you something is wrong, your SHOULDN'T always listen to it.

I should have left

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I know I haven't updated in a long time. Sorry about that. I've been drowning in school work and every free time I get, I'm either spending it to myself, family or sleeping. By the way, the last page labelled "..." it was umm....Well I lost a bet to my brother and I had to write what he said. I hope he doesn't read this cause then he'll be like "You weren't suppose to tell them." 

Then I'll be like, "They gonna think I'm weird and not the good type weird."

Anyways, I'm going to sleep now so good night or good morning or evening to wherever you are. Love you all and stay safe. 

Before I forget, for those of you who are near the storms or in them at this moment, my prayers are sent out to you all. I hope and pray that you and your family are safe and doing well. May God bless you!

Sincerely, An Emotional Person (:(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.8K 5K 39
"So who the heck am I?" I stared defiantly at Freya. "I am a normal person. I go to high school. I have parents. What am I ?" I asked. "That is what...
8.1K 116 20
((A Pinch of Fantasy Series - book 1))What's worse than being in highschool known as the freak? Being known as the TOWN freak, of course. What's the...
5.9M 285K 97
When Nelle Wychthorn was forced to sign herself away in marriage, she should have read the contract's fine print. Because she signs not with ink, but...
71K 3.4K 40
She was meant for a simple life. A family involving parent's unconditionally in love and who dearly love their own. A little brother she'd do anythi...