In Too Deep [FIRST DRAFT; UNE...

By __Slimmx3

30 year old Anthony Williams is one of NY's finest. He has been on the force for about nine years has a lovin... More

C h a p t e r. O n e *
C h a p t e r. T w o *
C h a p t e r. T h r e e *
C h a p t e r. F o u r *
C h a p t e r. F i v e *
C h a p t e r. S i x *
C h a p t e r . S e v e n *
C h a p t e r. E i g h t *
C h a p t e r. N i n e *
C h a p t e r. T e n*
C h a p t e r. T w e l v e*
C h a p t e r. T h i r t e e n *
C h a p t e r. F o u r t e e n*
C h a p t e r. F i f t e e n*
C h a p t e r S i x t e e n *
C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N *
C H A P T E R N I N T E E N*
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y O N E *
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y T W O *
Authors Note
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y T H R E E*
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y F O U R *
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y F I V E *

C h a p t e r S e v e n T e e n *

8.5K 462 87
By __Slimmx3

Angel

"I-- I'm looking f-for--" Unable to speak i rested my elbows on the top of the desk and burried my face into my hands. "He wa-as just brought in tonight!"

"Ma'am?" The woman behind the questioned with a bored look on her face while scrolling through the computer infront of her. Im not sure if you can do time for beating a nurses ass but this broad sure was making me want to find out.

"Ms. we're looking for someone named Darren Jones Sr." Anthony informed. "He should have been brought in recently by paramedics."

"Oh." She said typing into the keyboard. "Are you guys family? i need to know your relations before i release any information."

"She's the mother of his son" Anthony continued to inform while i just stared into space. This wasnt happening. What the hell did Darren get himself into?

"Okay, Mr.Jones is still in surgery. It may be a while so If youll have a seat the doctor will be out to give you any further information." She stated with a weak smile. "Ma'am are you okay?" She questioned with concerned. "Do you need a doctor?"

"Shes fine." Anthony assured. "Baby." He whispered into my ear with his hand on my lower back. "Come, lets sit down." He instructed taking me by the hand and led us to the seats in the half empty waiting area. "Im sure he'll be fine. We just gota stay positive" Anthony continued to comfort as i laid my head on his chest.

"What if he--"

"Angel, lets just wait for the doctor. Try to relax." That was so much easier said than done. As much as i tried to stay calm the thought of my son growing up without a father was mind blowing.

I knew the type of life Darren lived and he wasn't always my favorite person in the world but that didn't mean he deserved to die. The only thing that kept running through my mind was, he's got to make it and what the hell did he get himself into that kept him away so long and got him shot up!? Where the hell is that doctor???

"Ang?" Lifting my head up i turned to see Chelsea with her purse on and scrubs and ID badge in her hand. "What are you doing here?" She questioned with concern. "Is it Dj?"

"No." I sighed pushing my hair back. "Its senior." I informed as she sat down on the other side of me. "You just getting through your shift?"

"No it just stared." She corrected giving Ant a brief small smile. "What happened with senior that you're here? Wheres DJ at?"

"He's over at my mothers with my daughter, speaking of that let me check on them while you and Angel talk." Anthony stated before standing up and turning his attention to his phone that was non stop ringing. "I wont be long okay? You need anything??" I simply shook my head no and watched him head over to the exit on his phone.

"Ang, what the hell?" Chelsea asked still waiting on answers.

"I don't know Chelsea, Damn." I groaned in frustration. "All i know is what the news said. He was shot along with someone else who died."

"The family of Darren Jones Sr?" I heard a thick accident call out causing my attention to go back to the nurses station, where the same woman pointed me out to the doctor dressed in surgical clothing.

"Thats me doctor." I answered standing up with Chelsea on my heels. "Is he alright? Please i need him to be fine." I pleaded as calm as possible.

"He's still in surgery. Im just here to give you a status update ma'am" he replied with a faint smile. "Although Mr, Jones was shot four times we were able to get the remaining bullet near his heart. A few arteries were pierced and it took a tole on his body so he's being stabilized but I'm certain hell pull through" he said with assurance then came the pause. "He will be taking up to recovery once were done but I'm afraid you wont be able to see him right away."

"What?" I shrieked. "Look i know I'm not blood or whatever but thats my sons father on that table. What do you mean i cant see him?"

"You'll be able to see him, just not immediately." He stated calmly. "Its protocol. Mr jones was involved with a shooting that resulted in the death of another male. The police are here and they will have some questions that are priority. Im sure they'll have some for you as well first."

"For her?" Chelsea interrupted. "She wasn't even there." Exactly. I don't know anymore than them, if that.

"Its fine." I mumbled in annoyance. "They can ask whatever they want as long as i get to see him."

Of course the detectives couldn't wait to jump down my throat over some stuff i knew nothing about. I mean how could i if i wasn't there. That didn't stop them from asking me stuff like; Is Darren an instigator? What was it like when he got angry? Did i know about his priors? And telling me that being an accessory to murder could get DJ put in the system.

At first none of that was scaring me, even when they threatened to have DJ taken because if they had any proof of me being part if this it would've happened already. Hell, they didn't even sound like they had enough to arrest Darren let alone me.

Then my heart dropped when the female detective handed me a few photos. Some of them were from the crime scene and thats when i saw him. It was that dude black. Kings right hand, body guard. Whatever the hell he was it was him. Darren killed him? For what?

Keeping my composure calmed i simply handed them the photos back like they hadn't made my stomach turn. Then the female officer resorted to showing me one last photo. King.

"Whats your connection to this young man?"

"The same connection i had with the previous one. There is none." I lied with a blank look on my face. "I don't know either of them and i don't know how Darren is tied to the previous one or him for that matter." I stated confidently. "Like i told you, Darren is my sons father, that is the only thing we share in common. I was not present during this incident and I've answered all your questions. Now if you'll excuse me i have to check on him before i bring his son to see him."

Before heading to Darren's room i needed to find a bathroom. My nerves were going crazy and this knot in the pit of my stomach just wasn't going away. Bringing my face close to the toilet i started to throw up repetitively and couldn't stop. What the hell was going on? Darren killed Black? No this wasn't happening. Shit wasn't suppose to be like this. Darren needed to give me some answers.

There he was laying in the bed hooked to an IV and monitors looking weak as ever. Nothing about this situation felt right. Before i could take a few moments to get myself together the female detective was back in my face with a smirk on her face. This trick is asking for it i swear.

"Here to get your stories matched up?" She taunted as she walked out the room. "Ill give you a minute then." She added as she closed the door behind her.

"Bumb ass bitch." I mumbled rolling my eyes without looking back. She probably was in the window watching.

"She was making a little hard for a nigga to get some sleep." A voice croked from the bed causing my heart to skip. "Wassup."

"Darren shut the hell up talking." I whispered, becoming afraid he was straining himself. "What did you do?! Whats going on?"

"Didn't you just tell me to shut up." He half laughed then winced in pain. Making sure to avoid any of the tubbing i walked over and sat on the side of his bed. "Where ma son?"

"I got someone to watch him. He's good." I assured. "Missing you, Darren what did you do? Why Bla--"

"Chill the walls have ears." He mumbled. "Come here." He requested causing me to arch an eyebrow. "Man bring your ass on." He grumbled in pain and frustration. Sighing deeply i looked around the room then laid down next to him as close as possible. This was the closes we been in god knows how long. He looked terrible and too tired but the doctors assured he was fine.

"What happened?"

"Don't worry bout all of that, just don't say i ain't never do nothing for you." He smiled weakly. "You're good now." He said with confidence before looking at the ceiling. I could see the tears forming up in his eyes. Maybe he needed more morphine. "You remember where my moms stay at right?" He questioned closing his eyes briefly then turning back to me.

Lord knows i couldn't stand that lady. But i nodded anyway. "Yeah.. Why?"

"Ight." He simply said then got quiet again. This nigga knows he's in pain. Where is the nurses at? I asked mentally attempting to sit up but he stopped all of that when his lips brushed against mine causing me to jerk back in shock. "Im sorry for everything. And tell Darren I love him ight." He mumbled locking fingers with mine which i almost hadn't noticed since i was still stuck on the peck he just gave me.

"Darren Just tell me what happened." I pleaded.

"I looked out for you. The only female who gave a fuck bout me. The mother of my child." He simply answered. "What ever happens after that don't matter." Before i could respond his eyes rolled back and the monitor was alerted. No.

"Nurse!" I screamed jumping up. "Oh my god someone help him!" I continued to holler when a team of people rushed in, including the cops. "Whats wrong with him?!!" No one answered.

"Page Doctor Sloan and get a crash cart STAT!" One woman directed to everyone else as she examined Darren. "Right pupil is blown. He's stroking out. I need yal to get her out of here now!"

"Hell no im not going anywhere!" I screamed as the detective pulled on me. Thats when i heard the permanent beep letting us know Darren flatlined. "NO!"

__________________________

So i know I've been slacking but I've been busy and suffering from writers block.

Darren Senior is gone 😞 the funeral and A little more drama coming up next chapt. Hope you guys didn't forget about Tracey stalker ass and Casey from Anthony's job. Hmm what trouble will they be starting in his POV. Going to start that tonight and have it up hopefully no later than Tuesday.

How did yal feel bout this chapt. And what are looking forward to seeing? Yal want me to update but i don't see too many real comments other than "Update" 😒😒

Btw Check out my Short story Project Chick. First three chapters are done for now. 😊☺️

Excuse any errors.

__Slimm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349 2 36
I get lost in the moment as I grind against him, and I can feel him getting hard. A smirk appears on my lips as I drop it low and slowly move back up...
5.1K 420 21
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...
2.5K 1K 19
{Slow Updates} "ɪᴛ's ғᴜɴɴʏ ʜᴏᴡ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛ ғᴏʀ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ" ➡️ *𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁/𝗿𝗼𝘂...
99.2K 3.4K 52
Aurora- Fun, Loving, Heart of Gold, Help's Anyone who needs it. She was all of those thing's and more until a man from her past had Deceived her. Da...