Through the Lens

By sarbearfive

After six long years of constant touring and working as one of the world's biggest pop stars, trying his hand... More

Breath of Fresh Air
Free Spirit
Tigger
Helping Hand
Peach Cobbler
65%
Better Not Be Cute
Rainman
Power Rangers
Dunkirk
Stargazing
Best Buds
Gone
It Matters
I Do
Anton's
Dread
Blue Eyes
Present
Drink Irish
Deep Shit
Sense
Five Words
Line In The Sand
Besties
Project
Google Me
Sleep Tight
No Negotiations
Hails Doesn't Listen
Savage
Balloo
Rooms
Five Hours
Pina Coladas
Familiar Sounds
Show Up
Almost There
Gravel
Shiner
Nosy
Two Days
Promises
Wait
Disconnected
Reminder
Goin Out
Done Deal
Of Course
One Way or Another
Ready
Made It
No Replies
Half Way
Nowhere
Phoenix
One More Time
Name One
This Is Living
Figure It Out
It's Her
Maybe One Day
The Six
October
Here
Unlimited Amounts
Already Have
Good Thing
Same Spark
We Did Good

My Favorite

6.9K 216 120
By sarbearfive

Hailey's POV

I laid in my bed, staring out at the stars, as I tried to forget how empty the bed felt without Harry. I didn't like the way I'd left things, but leaving was the only thing I could think to do. I wasn't mad that Harry had punched Brad, in fact I appreciated it, but I hated that he'd done it in front of his sister after the disastrous way things had gone since his family had arrived. I knew it wasn't like Harry to fight someone, and I felt like it was just gonna be another way he was changing and that they'd think it was my fault. It also didn't help that Brad had basically told Gemma I was a whore, and she didn't know me well enough to know any different.

I just wanted to make a good impression, and I wanted them to like me. Whether Harry and I were just friends or not, he was one of the most important people to me in the world and I knew how important his family was to him. I knew our little situation was already a bit strange, and I just thought I could make a good impression before the questions started.

I heard my back door slowly open and close, and although I probably should have been alarmed, I wasn't. I knew exactly who it was, and I knew exactly why they were climbing my stairs and trying to be quiet. A few minutes later, I felt my bed shift as he climbed in next to me and pulled me into him, the skin of his bare chest warm and comforting against my back.

"I know you're awake." He said quietly into my ear as he rested his head on top of mine. "Please don't be mad at me."

He laced his fingers between mine as he pressed a soft kiss to my shoulder, and I closed my eyes tightly as his lips grazed my skin.

"What if I was asleep?" I sighed.

"If you were, I'd look like a proper wanker." He laughed lightly. "But I knew you weren't. I know you too well."

I shifted in his arms, rolling over to face him as he rested his forehead against mine, looking at me apologetically.

"You hate fighting with me as much as I hate fighting with you." He said simply. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."

"I know. I'm sorry I left like that. I probably just made it worse." I sighed.

"What do you mean?" He asked, genuinely confused.

"Well now I probably just look like a bitch on top of everything else." I said, annoyed with myself. "I was just embarrassed that he said all that in front of your sister after everything, but I shouldn't have just left. I'm sorry."

"Bear, I knew why you left. I get it. It's okay." He said as he reached up and tucked my hair behind my ear. "I missed you though."

I laced my fingers through his, taking in his finger that was now swollen and bruised again after it just healed.

"Look at your finger, you broke it again you idiot." I said, half laughing.

"Yeah, but at least this time I broke it for a good reason. I'd gladly break it on that moron's face, but breaking it because I'm fighting with you was just dumb."

"Wait...what? I thought you broke it fixing up the shop." I said, confused.

"Uh, no. You never actually asked how I broke it so I didn't tell you, cause it was pretty stupid."

I looked down at it, seeing the way his skin was already marbled with black and purple bruises and hating that it probably hurt pretty bad.

"You didn't punch the wall or something, did you?" I asked.

"No...not exactly?" He chuckled.

"What did you do?"

"I'm not even sure how I did it, when you locked yourself in here and I was banging on the door I guess I just hit it too hard or on a bad angle or something." He shrugged.

"Oh my god, that's why you said ouch and stopped knocking!" I said, a chuckle escaping me as I remembered that moment vividly.

"Yeah...it wasn't my best moment. I'd rather not talk about it." He sighed.

I brought it up to my lips and kissed it softly, feeling bad that both times he broke it I was somehow responsible.

"I'm sorry you keep breaking your finger because of me." I said softly.

"Bear, I broke it the first time because I'm an idiot, and the second time I took great pleasure in breaking it because he deserved it. Neither time was your fault." He said.

"And what did your mother say about this busted lip." I asked as I softly ran my finger over the cut on his bottom lip, which seemed to be his only mark from his scuffle with Brad.

"Nothing. Gem told her I kicked his ass cause he was asking for it." He shrugged.

"She had nothing to say?" I asked, surprised that she wouldn't be more upset that her usually well-behaved son got into a fight in the middle of the parking lot of the grocery store.

"What could she say? She knows me well enough to know I'm not just gonna hit someone for no reason."

"I guess..." I said, looking down at his lip and still feeling bad.

"Stop it." He smiled. "I know what you're thinking. It doesn't hurt."

"Are you sure?" I asked. "Cause if it did, I could always kiss it better."

"Oh, well in that case it's killing me." He chuckled as I leaned forward and softly pressed my lips to his.

"Hmm, much better. Still hurts a little though." He said as he tapped his lip with his finger and I couldn't help but smile.

"Smooth, Styles. Real smooth." I laughed as I rolled my eyes at him.

"I know, haven't you read the papers? That's how I get all the ladies." He chuckled as I playfully swatted him.

"Ahhh so that's all I am now? Just another notch on your bedpost, huh?"

I watched as his expression shifted to something more serious, his eyes searching mine like they held some kind of answer he was looking for.

"No, Bear." He said softly as he reached up and ran his fingertips along my cheek. "You're my favorite. My favorite pair of eyes to look into. My favorite inspiration. My favorite way to spend an afternoon. You're my favorite everything."

I couldn't stop the smile that tugged at my lips at his words, and before I knew it I was kissing him. There was something about Harry that could make me feel like a 13 year old with her first crush, giddy and full of butterflies, but at the same time he made me feel like a woman who was strong and secure and in the arms of a man who truly cared about her. They were two feelings that somehow complimented each other perfectly, and it was a feeling I craved any time I wasn't near him.

"What time is it? You have to get back before they notice you're missing." I laughed as Harry nipped at my neck.

"Oh please, they knew I was gonna sneak over here. They were giving me shit all through dinner." He laughed, his warm breath fanning across my neck.

"Oh my god, no they weren't." I scoffed as he pulled away to look at me, hovering over me a few inches from my face.

"Wanna bet?" He grinned. "I gave my parents my room, and Gem the guest room. I think it was pretty obvious."

"Harryyyy." I whined. "You're killing me."

"I like it when you moan my name, but not like that." He smirked before he broke into a laugh, knowing he was being a little shit.

"You actually told them you were gonna sleep over here?"

"Well no. Not exactly. I said I could take the couch, then I said you had extra rooms over here. Then Robin said he didn't know why I was pretending I'd be sleeping across the hall from you when we all knew I'd be staying in your room, and I didn't deny it." He laughed as I swatted him.

"I actually hate you." I groaned.

"That's alright, you're gonna love me in a minute." He smirked as he ran his hand down my stomach and started to run his fingers over the hem of my underwear.

"You think so, huh?"

"I do." He said, a cocky grin on his face. "I mean, unless you don't want me to. All you have to do is tell me to stop..."

He started to dip his fingers below the hem, a little further into my underwear each time, testing me to see how far he could push it. I think we both knew I had no intention of stopping him, but we seemed to like to play these little games anyways.

"Who are you kidding, Bear?" He laughed. "You're not actually gonna pretend you're gonna ask me to stop."

Before he could say anything else I shoved him over onto his back, taking him completely by surprise as he looked up at me.

"Actually, I think it's the other way around." I smiled as I ran my hand down his stomach to palm him over his boxers.

"Oh fuck." He groaned. "You do not play fair."

"Just tell me to stop then." I chuckled.

"No fucking way, not a chance. You win. You win always."

******

Harry's POV

"Harry!" Cash said excitedly as his little legs carried him over to me.

"Hey, little man." I smiled as I scooped him up. "Happy Birthday."

"Thanks!" He giggled. "I knew you would come to my party, you promised."

"Of course I would, I can't miss my best buds big day." I smiled as I kissed him on the cheek and put him down.

"Hi! I'm Cash." He said proudly as he held his little hand out towards my Mum. "Are you Harry's Mommy?"

A huge grin crossed Mum's face as Cash charmed the pants off her, as I knew he would. He introduced himself to the three of them before he took Mum and Gem's hands and pulled them over towards his table of presents to show them all the stuff people had brought him.

"Oh, hey Harry!" Kelsey smiled warmly as she came walking up, carrying a box of random things.

"Hey Kels, let me take that." I offered as I took it from her and walked it over to one of the tables.

"Thanks." She sighed as she rubbed her belly, looking like she could pop at any second. "It's getting pretty difficult to do much with this belly in the way."

"You look great. Any day now, just hang in there." I smiled as she nodded and shifted her eyes to Robin.

"Oh, I'm sorry, how rude of me. I'm Kelsey, you must be Robin." She said as she reached out and shook his hand.

"Very nice to meet you, love. Congratulations." Robin smiled. "Cash is quite the charmer, I see."

The three of us looked over to see him sitting on Gem's lap while he told her and Mum some story, the three of them giggling together like old friends.

"That he is. God help me during his teenage years." Kels chuckled. "Where's Hails?"

"She's gotta be around here somewhere. She left early to help Ry set up, I haven't seen her since we got here." I shrugged, scanning around the back yard to see if I could spot her.

She'd gotten up early, woke me up to say goodbye and let me know she'd see me at the party. I slept for a bit longer before I moseyed back on over to my place to find my family all up and having breakfast in the kitchen, smirking at me as I entered.

"They must be in the house, she's probably trying to keep Ryan from eating everything." Kelsey laughed. "I better go check on them. So nice to meet you Robin, make yourself at home."

With that, Kelsey turned and headed into the house leaving Robin and I standing there watching Cash introduce Mum and Gem to all his friends. I did my best to contain my smile as Hailey emerged from the house, looking like an angel in her little yellow sundress. Her hair was down, in loose waves and flowing over her shoulders, and her sun kissed skin looked soft and smooth as she smiled over at her brother. They were laughing about something, and I hadn't realized I was staring until Robin cleared his throat beside me.

"Oh mate, you're done for." He chuckled. "I reckon you should hold onto anything that puts that look on your face."

I just smiled over at him as he shook his head at me, patting me on the shoulder as he headed over towards Mum. I watched as Cash spotted Hailey, running over to her excitedly and taking her hand, pulling her back over towards my family as they all greeted each other. Hails softly ran her fingers through Cash's hair as she chatted with my parents, Robin shooting me a smile every once in a while as I watched them from the other side of the yard.

"Well shit." Ryan chuckled as he came to stand beside me. "Meeting the parents, eh?"

"Yeah, I guess so." I laughed as he handed me a beer, tapping his own against it before he took a sip.

"How's it going so far?"

"Pretty good. It's only been a day, but they love it here. I knew they would. Looks like Cash is quite the host." I chuckled as we watched him climb onto my Mum's lap, showing her the toy he had in his hand and explaining how it worked.

"Yeah...he's something." Ryan laughed as Kelsey came to stand with us, just as Gram came wheeling herself out the back door. "Gram, be careful. I told you I'd come get you after your nap."

She wheeled herself over to us, only a few feet from the back door, as she looked up at me with a big smile.

"Listen to this boy, I've been getting myself up after a nap for 90 years. I can wheel myself down a hallway to my great-grandson's birthday for crying out loud." She scoffed.

"Hi, Gram." I smiled as I leaned down and kissed her cheek. "You alright?"

"I am just perfect, my boy. I have all of my grandkids here, it's a beautiful day." She said as she pinched my cheek. "Now where is this family of yours, I need to tell your mother what a good son she raised."

"They're right over there. I'll introduce you." I smiled as I grabbed her chair and wheeled her over towards where everyone was sitting.

A huge smile crossed Mum's face as we approached, I'd been telling her all about Gram since I'd been there and I knew she was excited to finally meet her.

"There she is!" Mum said excitedly. "It is so nice to finally meet you."

"Mum, this is Gram." I introduced them.

Mum stood up, leaning down to give Gram a big hug, before she pulled away to look at her.

"My son is just so fond of you. He tells me every day how much he loves spending time with you."

"He is just the most amazing young man, giving this old lady something to look forward to when he visits. You must be so very proud of him." Gram smiled.

"Very proud. I am very lucky to have two amazing children." Mum smiled. "And it sounds to me like you raised two of our own here. Ryan and Hailey are both so lovely."

"Yes, they are good people with good hearts. Just like their parents." Gram smiled.

I introduced Gram to Gem and Robin, before her and Mum got lost in their own conversation. The two of them were like old friends, and I loved seeing the way my two worlds seemed to be coming together so effortlessly. It was just another thing that made me feel like I was meant to be there, to have Hails and her family in my life.

Cash dragged Robin off to play soccer with him and his friends, and Gem and Hails were caught up in some conversation about Lily Ridge, so I went inside to help Ryan and Kelsey get the food and stuff organized.

"How are things going out there?" Ryan asked as I entered the kitchen.

"Good, everyone's having fun. Cash has recruited Robin as his personal game partner." I chuckled.

"Your family is great, Harry. I'm so glad they came to visit." Kelsey smiled as she threw a bunch of juice boxes into a cooler.

The three of us organized the stuff to be taken outside and Ryan and I carried it all out, starting to throw burgers and hot dogs on the grill as the kids ran around the yard.

"Harry!" Cash said he came running over. "Can I show Auntie Anne and Auntie Gemma my guitar?"

I laughed at how quickly he'd adapted to calling my Mum and sister Auntie, as he took my hand and aggressively pulled me into the house to get his guitar. We found it in his room neatly tucked away in it's case, which he was sure to remind me was where it belonged and he was taking care of it like he promised. The case was still a bit big for him to carry on his own, so I picked it up and we carried it out to the backyard, where he immediately went running over to where Hailey, Gram, Gem and Mum were sitting.

"Auntie Anne, look what Harry got me for my birthday!" He said as he pointed towards me as I approached them.

"Oh wow, that looks like a very cool present." Gemma smiled as I put down the guitar.

We watched as he carefully undid the locks on the side of the case, gently lifting the lid and taking it out very cautiously.

"It came all the way from Disneyland so I have to be very careful." He told them as he stood up in front of me and I pulled him onto my lap.

He sat on my lap and I helped him rest the guitar on his lap, handing him the pick from his case as he gripped it in his little fingers, looking up and me and smiling.

"Ready?" He asked, a big smile on his face.

"Go ahead, buddy."

I watched everyone's faces light up as he began to strum the guitar, carefully putting his fingers where I'd showed him and slowly playing the chords to one of the new songs I'd written. Of course, nobody knew that was what he was playing, but he played it well enough that you could hear the melody and everyone looked thoroughly impressed.

"Wow. You're very good, lad." Robin smiled down at him.

"Harry and Niall taught me, I've been practicing lots." He smiled proudly.

"What song is that? I like the tune." Gem asked and I just smiled and shrugged, to which she rolled her eyes at me.

"Alright, munchkin. Why don't you go put your guitar back in your room and everyone can have some lunch." Kelsey smiled down at him and he carefully put his guitar back in his case.

Gemma helped him put it back, since he was eager to show her his room, and I had the sneaking suspicion that he had developed a little crush on my sister. We all gathered around the table and made up hot dogs and hamburgers for the kids before they all went to eat on the grass, and we all took a seat to have lunch.

"I just can't get over how peaceful this town is." Mum sighed as she looked around. "It doesn't matter where you go, there's nature everywhere."

"Yeah, Harry's place is beautiful. Waking up this morning to the sound of birds and the creek was like a dream." Gemma smiled.

"We're pretty spoiled, can't complain." Ryan laughed. "You guys will have to come back in the winter, hit the mountains."

"And make snow forts!" Cash giggled as he appeared next to his dad, who scooped him onto his lap.

"What are you doin ya little monster? Go play with your friends." Ryan said as he tickled him.

"Sadie needs more ketchup." He shrugged.

"Ooooohh Sadie, huh?" I teased and his cheeks went a little pink.

"Leave him alone." Hails chuckled. "It's very nice of you to get some for her, Monkey."

Hailey leaned over and kissed his head as he grabbed the ketchup and scurried back off to his friends just as I noticed Kelsey was shifting uncomfortably beside me.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just can't get comfortable. This kid needs to hurry up, I'm dying." She said exasperatedly.

"Oh honey, I remember those days. Especially in this heat, I feel for you." Mum said softly as she reached over and patted Kelsey's hand.

"Do you guys know what you're having?" Gem asked.

"No, we decided to wait." Ryan told them. "But this one seems to be a bit more stubborn than Cash. It's already a few days overdue."

"Harry was almost a week late, I was ready to kill him." Mum laughed.

"Hey, I'm always on time now." I defended.

"Yeah, I guess you've turned yourself around." She smiled.

We all sat chatting through lunch, Mum telling stories about me when I was a kid and Gram offering up the goods on Ry and Hails. The kids played nicely in the yard until we decided to clean up a bit and get ready for cake. Hailey went inside to grab another garbage bag and I took it as an opportunity to steal a few minutes alone with her.

I headed into the kitchen, where I found her tidying up some stuff on the counter, and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"What are you doing?" She giggled as I pressed a soft kiss to her neck.

"What do you think I'm doing?" I smirked as she turned around to face me.

"I think you're trying to make out with me in the kitchen at my nephew's birthday party." She chuckled.

"You would be correct." I smiled as I leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. "You wanna get outta here?"

We both laughed, knowing I was half-kidding, before we heard a commotion outside. We headed back outside to find Robin and Ryan each holding Kelsey by an arm while they walked her towards the door.

"What's going on?" I asked, a little worried.

"Her water just broke, we've gotta go to the hospital." Ryan said hurriedly as Cash came running over.

"Mama, what's the matter?" He asked as he looked up at her.

Hailey scooped him up, smiling at him to ease his worry.

"The baby is coming, buddy. You're gonna be a big brother soon."

"He's coming now? But it's my party!" He said, obviously not realizing that this was not the first time his younger sibling would probably steal his thunder.

"Harry, can you grab my keys off the counter in the kitchen?" Ryan called to me and I hurried into the house to grab them.

I helped Ryan and Robin put Kelsey into the car, promising them I'd make sure Cash and the kids were all taken care of, before they took off and Robin and I headed back inside. Hailey was doing her best to explain to Cash that babies don't wait until parties are over before they decide to come, and he didn't seem to be having it.

"But I didn't even get to have my cake!" He said angrily as Hailey sighed and looked over at me.

"Come here, buddy." I chuckled as I took him from Hails and carried him over to the side of the house so we could have a chat. "I know you're upset, but today is a very important day, and if the baby comes it's gonna have the same birthday as you."

"But it's my birthday, that's not fair!"

I sighed as Gemma came around the corner, smiling softly at him as she made our way over to us, crouching down beside us as he looked at her.

"The baby is kinda cramping your style, huh?" She said sympathetically.

"Why can't it come tomorrow?" He said, looking down at his feet.

"Did you know I was your age when Harry was born?" She asked, and he looked up at her. "He didn't come on my birthday, but I can tell you he ruined a lot of stuff."

"Thanks, Gem." I rolled my eyes at her. "I don't think you're helping."

"Harry is your baby brother?" Cash asked, seeming interested in what she had to say.

"Yep, before he came along I had my Mummy and Daddy all to myself. I didn't have to share any of my toys, and I got way more presents." She said, pretending to be annoyed.

"And then he came and ruined it?"

"Wait, what is this?" I scoffed.

"Well...at first he did." Gem continued, ignoring me. "But then you know what happened?"

"What?"

"Then he became my best friend." She smiled. "Yes, I had to share all my toys, and he got all the attention, and he drove me crazy. But I always had someone to play with, and laugh with, and I realized he's not so bad."

Cash sighed as I watched him carefully for signs that Gem might be getting through to him.

"We don't know if you're having a baby brother or a baby sister, but you get to be the big brother. You know what that means?"

"What?"

"It means you get to teach them stuff. You get to help show them how to grow up, and do things, and always look out for them. And when they get a little bigger, they'll look out for you too. No matter what happens in your life, you'll always have a friend. I think that's pretty cool." Gem said as she reached up and pushed his hair back.

"Auntie Gemma taught you stuff?" He asked me, turning to look at me like his entire decision rested on my response.

"Yeah...she's taught me all kinds of stuff. Look, I can do this." I said as I stuck my fingers in my mouth and made a funny face that Gem and I used to make when we were kids.

"In 24 years, that's what you take away from my lessons?" Gem scoffed and I just laughed.

"Okay, okay. She taught me how to read, and how to get my Mum to let me stay up past my bedtime. When I wanted an extra cookie but couldn't reach the jar she would help me up. When I got a bit older I could call her and ask her what to do about girls or she would cheer me up when I was feeling sad. And I get to look out for her, and make sure no boys break her heart. Being a brother is a good thing, buddy. It's one of my most important jobs."

"I guess it's not so bad." He sighed in defeat. "But can I at least have my cake?"

Gem and I both laughed, looking at each other and shaking our heads.

"Well, how about we celebrate you being a big brother by eating so much cake your tummy hurts." I smiled.

"Yeah!" He said excitedly, immediately holding his arms up for me to scoop him as the three of us made our way back to the party.

A couple of the parents had shown up to get their kids, and offered to take some of the rest of them home, so it was just Cash and Sadie left with the rest of the family.

"You feelin better, Monkey?" Hails asked as she came over and kissed his head.

"I guess being a brother isn't so bad. Harry said it's one of his most important jobs." He shrugged.

"Well you know your Daddy is my big brother, and he's one of my most favorite people." She smiled.

I put him down just as Mum and Gemma came out of the house carrying his cake, the candles lit up as he smiled and we all sang happy birthday. Cash grinned as he stood next to Sadie, the two of them watching closely as Gemma set the cake down in front of them.

"You wanna help me blow them out?" Cash asked Sadie as Hailey came to stand beside me.

I threw my arm around her as we watched the two of them blow out the candles, kissing her head as we cheered once they were out. Mum carefully cut the cake and gave everyone a piece, and I heard Hailey practically squeal into my shoulder when Sadie leaned over to press a small kiss to Cash's cheek.

"They are so fucking cute I can't deal." She laughed into my ear.

"I'm not gonna lie, they're pretty precious." I chuckled as the two of them sat down next to each other and started eating their cake.

"What are you two giggling about over here?" Mum smiled as she came up on my other side and wrapped her arm around my waist.

"Just how cute these two are." I smiled as I wrapped my other arm around her and nodded towards Cash and Sadie.

"I was thinking the same thing about you two earlier." She chuckled as I rolled my eyes at her, Hailey just laughing to herself.

We finished eating the cake and cleaned up from the party before Sadie's Mum came to pick her up, Cash giving her a hug before she left was one of the cutest things I'd ever seen as their little arms wrapped around each other awkwardly as they said goodbye. Mum, Gem and Robin stayed with Cash while Hails and I took Gram home, and by the time we got back Cash had roped them all into going and getting ice cream on the way to the hospital.

Ryan had called to tell us the baby had arrived 30 minutes after they got there, but refused to tell us what it was until we went to visit. The six of us strolled into the hospital about four hours after the baby had been born, and Cash was noticeably nervous.

"You alright, little man?" I asked him as I held his little hand while we walked toward Kelsey's room.

"What if it doesn't like me?" He asked. "What if I'm a bad brother?"

"What? No way, that kid is gonna love you. You're gonna be the coolest big brother ever." I promised him. "Maybe we should get it a present?"

He nodded as we stopped off into the gift shop, grabbing a small stuffed animal for Cash to give his new sibling, just as we saw Ryan coming down the hall.

"Daddy!" Cash said excitedly as Ryan scooped him up.

"Hey, buddy. I'm sorry about your party." He apologized.

"It's okay, Auntie let me have three pieces of cake!" He said as Ryan shot Hailey a look.

"She did, did she?" He chuckled.

"Hey, pick your battles. He was upset, I let him eat his feelings." Hailey laughed.

Ryan just nodded as he looked down at his son. "The baby is very excited to meet you."

"Do I get to know what it is now? Is Mama okay?"

"Mama is great, she misses you. Why don't we go introduce you?" Ryan said softly as he put Cash down and took his hand. "Let's go everybody."

We all followed Ryan down to Kelsey's room, all offering to wait outside so we didn't overwhelm them, but Ryan insisted we all come in to see. He slowly opened the door as we all entered to see Kelsey laying in the bed, holding the tiniest baby I'd ever seen. I looked over at Hails as her eyes pooled with tears and Ryan scooped up Cash and carefully put him on the bed next to Kelsey and the baby.

He carefully leaned over and looked at his new sibling, inspecting the baby as Kelsey ran her fingers through his hair.

"Someone wanted to meet you." Kelsey smiled. "Cash, this is your baby sister, Sophia."

"Hi, Soph." He said quietly. "I'm gonna teach you how to get extra cookies."

Everyone in the room chuckled, watching as he leaned forward and took her little hand in his.

"She's so little." Cash said. "Was I that little?"

"You were pretty small buddy. Not that small, but not much bigger." Ryan told him.

"Come on in, guys. Don't be shy." Kelsey smiled softly as we all came further into the room, gathering around the bed to get a good look at Sophia.

"She's is absolutely beautiful, you guys. Congratulations." Mum smiled.

"I can't believe she's here." Hails sniffled as she looked down at her new niece and I couldn't help but smile at her. "Shut up, Harry."

She playfully smacked me as Ryan took Sophia from Kelsey and handed her to Hailey, who looked completely in love with her already.

"Hi, baby girl." Hails cooed. "I'm your favorite Auntie."

"Aren't you her only Auntie?" Cash asked, once again making the entire room giggle.

"Shush, you." Hailey chuckled as she reached over and poked him in the belly.

I had to admit, seeing Hailey with a baby like that put thoughts in my head that I wasn't sure should be there. I knew she'd be an amazing mother, and I couldn't help but think that maybe my kids would be lucky to have her.

"You wanna hold her?" Hailey asked me, holding her out to me.

I carefully took her, looking down at her as she slept. She had a full head of messy brown hair, and her tiny little features were all scrunched against my chest as I held her. She was adorable, and I fell in love with her the instant I looked at her.

"She's so cute, guys. I'm so happy for you." I smiled over at them.

Ryan and Kelsey exchanged glances before they both looked back to me, and it was obvious they had something to say.

"What?" I laughed.

"Babies look good on you, Styles." Ryan smiled.

"Yeah? Maybe one day I'll get me one." I laughed.

"Well...Ryan and I wanted to ask you something." Kelsey said as she sat up straighter in her bed, taking Ryan's hand in hers as Cash cuddled up to her.

"As you know, we don't have a lot of family. Hails is Cash's godmother, and obviously Sophia's as well." Ryan smiled as he looked over at his sister, who looked touched by the honor even though it was obvious that she would be. "I know we haven't known each other that long, but you've been more family to us in the past few months than most of our friends..."

Hailey smirked over at me, obviously knowing where they were going with this, but I was still lost.

"We'd like you to be both Cash and Sophia's godfather. If you want to, of course." Kelsey smiled.

"Wha...I-" I stuttered, completely shocked that they would even think of me, let along consider me. "Wow...I-, I'm honored."

I looked down at Sophia in my arms, her little hand wrapped around my finger as the rest of the room looked at us, and I felt tears sting the back of my eyes.

"I uh, I don't even know what to say. Of course, I'd be honored." I said, the words catching in my throat as I said them.

Ryan and Kelsey nodded at me in approval as Hailey leaned up and kissed my cheek, leaning her head on my shoulder as we looked down at Sophia. I heard the clicking of a camera to my left and looked over to see my mother holding up her phone, tears in her own eyes as she looked over at me.

"I'm sorry, it was just too precious of a moment not to capture." She sniffled. "I am so happy that you've made such good friends here, you guys don't know what it means to us to see Harry surrounded by such love and people who really just love him for who he is. I'm overwhelmed."

"Here, hold the baby. She makes everything better." Hailey laughed as I handed her over to Mum, a little sad to let her go.

We all sat in silence, just staring at Sophia while she slept, as we took turns holding her. I couldn't remember the last time I was in a room filled with pure love like that, where there was not a single ounce of anything other than pure joy in the air. I was surrounded by my family, the people that I felt truly knew me, and I couldn't think of a single place I would have rather been.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 146 40
{book 1} - I'm Summer Claysworth. Artist. My life is perfect. Are you shitting me? What a terrible lie that was. My life was ordinary for any typical...
22K 1.2K 20
Sometimes friends don't always stay friends, in fact, every once in awhile they actually turn into the enemy. When Harry and Dalton met in college a...
18K 1.1K 18
Harry wasn't your typical teenager. Not at all. Why is that? Well, that's easy. Because he still believed in fairies. He used to go to his grandmoth...
25.7K 1K 20
FIRST READ SUMMER SUN!!!! https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/256203011-summer-sun-larry-stylinson Lou, you know how much I fucking love you! You are eve...