Can I Fall Back on You? (Karm...

By Shadowlumi

*ALL CHARACTERS BESIDES YOU AND ANY OC'S BELONG TO YŪSEI MATSUI!* L/n Y/n was a learning assassin in class 3... More

Before You Read
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
Fireworks! (4th of July special)
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 5•
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10•
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
•Chapter 21•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
Impossible! (Halloween Special!)
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 28•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
•Chapter 31•
Not Because of the Mistletoe (Christmas Eve + Karma's Birthday special)
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chapter 35•
•Chapter 36•
•Chapter 37•
•Chapter 38•
•Chapter 39•
•Chapter 40•
•Chapter 41•
•Chapter 42•
It's Not Like That! (Valentine's Day Short!)
Epilogue
Final A/N

•Chapter 22•

3.6K 113 32
By Shadowlumi

•Chapter 22- The Contents of the Letter

Your POV
The school day was over and Computer~san apparently changed and turned into a full-on cheery anime girl, now with blue eyes (a/n- white dragon). Oh, and Terasaka even made her cry. He made a freaking 2D girl cry... Since saying 'Autonomously Intelligence Fixed Artillery~san' was such a mouthful, we gave her a proper name choosing the name 'Ritsu'. Computer~san still slipped out sometimes instead of calling her Ritsu~san though...

I removed my shoes, went upstairs to my room, and placed my bag down taking out the letter that was in the mail this morning. The mail doesn't get delivered in the morning so this must have gotten sent yesterday or awhile before...

I carefully opened the envelope and took out the letter that was in it. At the top right corner the date was placed... Three days after mom died... I took a deep breath and began to read the letter.

'I hope this reached you S/n, rather than Y/n but if you got this Y/n... Continue reading anyways.

   I heard about what happened to your mother... I'm sorry that happened. I'm sure you know how me and your okaasan were planning a divorce because I would always have to be out of town for work... Well that wasn't the real reason. I don't think it would be appropriate if I told you what the actual reason was through letter so I will be visiting soon. That's all I wanted to tell you S/n. If you have this letter Y/n, continue reading.

  Y/n, give this letter to your sister. I will not tell you the real reason because it won't be of any purpose to you. I'm sure if I told you the real reason you'd get hurt. I'm heavily disappointed in your actions over the past year but I'll take your feelings into consideration unlike your mother. I heard that you've been hanging out with Akabane Karma again and I know nothing will stop you from being friends with him. I know you probably have some other friends as well. I'll let you have your freedom to do as you choose.

                                                                                                                                                                       From, otousan

I puzzled at the letter. What was the real reason otousan and okaasan were gonna divorce? And why would knowing the reason... Hurt me? I bit my lower lip. I can't give the letter to S/n because of where she is right now... I'll just have to hear otousan even if it's going to hurt me. The letter was sent a while ago so that means dad will be visiting sometime soon... He might even be visiting today...

It was the early evening and I was texting Karma when the doorbell rang. I went downstairs and peeked out the window. I froze as I held the curtain away from the window. I swallowed and let go of the curtain. It's been awhile since I've seen.. Otousan...

I waddled to the doorknob and opened the door. "Okaerinasai (welcome back), otousan." I greeted. "Hello Y/n. Where's your sister?" He asked. "She... She went to jail.. She was the one who killed okaasan." I answered looking down. "Your sister... Why wasn't I ever told of this? She may be an adult but she's still my dsughter... I should've gotten a call about this..." He muttered angrily.

"Instead of S/n hearing what you came here to say I'll listen instead. I can pass it on to-" He shook his head, "The reason I didn't want to talk to you about this was because it's about you. I'm planning on keeping it from you for the rest of your life." About me? "If it's about me... Don't I have the right to know?" I questioned. "You want to know your mental condition and how much false hope you gave?" Mental condition? False hope?

"I do want to know. I was constantly told I was a normal healthy girl." I waited for a reply. "You aren't getting anything out of me that easily." He stated. "Let me rephrase that. I need to know what's wrong with me." I sternly said. "You don't need to. I'll be leaving now, it was pointless to come here." I stood in front of the door. "Think again." I growled. "Wh-When did you get so fast Y/n?" He backed away. "Oh, you know, school."

"Y/n, move out of the way." He tried to move me but I stood my ground. "Tell. Me." I demanded. "You trying to threaten me won't work." He repeated what he did just before, but again I stood my ground. "Would you prefer me to really be threatening?" I asked, walking a step closer to him. "Stop acting like this." Otousan commanded.

Another step backwards from him and a step forward from me. This continued until I had him backed to a table.

"Are you scared of a little 15 year old?" I giggled. "You aren't scaring me. You're concerning me." I knew this was a lie. I could see it in his eyes that he was frightened. "You are scared. It bleeds from your eyes. It doesn't have to be this way otousan, just tell me and I'll let you leave." I offered. "You can't do anything to hurt me. I will not tell you."

"Oh? I can hurt you without letting you go you know." I walked closer and stepped on his feet. "Would you like me to demonstrate?" I asked. He didn't answer. "That's what I th-" He pushed me down and made a run for the door but I brought my feet up and made contact with his back making him fall over. I stood back up and stood in front of the door. "Just tell me. I don't ever remember you caring about how I felt so why start caring now?" I questioned.

"I would care about how you felt sometimes but... I choose not to care this time." He got back up and backed away to the table. What is he doing...? When suddenly he ran towards me and I felt something hit my head with such force that made me fall down. The room was slowly fading away and I realized I was losing consciousness.

And soon enough I blacked out.

Karma's POV
Why hasn't she responded? It's been at least half an hour... Maybe she's sleeping? But we were in the middle of texting! I rounded the corner and saw a man exiting her house. He looks familiar... I tried to recall who he was. That's Y/n~neko dad, right? Why does he look guilty?

I waited till he was out of sight, went to Y/n~neko's front door, and rung the doorbell. I waited for awhile but I didn't hear a sound from inside. I looked inside and tried my best to look around. I scanned the room until... I saw Y/n~neko on the floor with a small vase near her head. Did someone attack her? Her dad.. It must've been him. But why?

I glanced at the tree that was in front of Y/n~neko's window. It's the only way. I looked around to make sure no one was watching and I ran to the tree, quickly climbed it, and entered her room. I then left her room and went downstairs to the front door.

"Y/n~neko..." I moved the vase away and picked her up. Whoever hurts Y/n~neko won't get away with it. She's been hurt enough. I began walking upstairs back to her room and once I got there I placed her down on her bed. I sat at the edge of the bed and reached my hand out to stroke her hair but her eyes began to open making me retrieve my hand.

"Huh...? Cherry? When did you get here and what happened?" She questioned. "I'm gonna take a guess and say that your dad came over and hit your head with a vase knocking you unconscious. Why he was here, I don't know." I answered. "..Oh. So that's why my head hurts..." She said in a voice just above a whisper. "Can you remember why he was here?" I asked. And if he's staying here for long?

"No... I can't. I'll try to remember though." She replied. "With some time I'm sure you can remember." I stated.

"So... Um, what's your plan?" She asked. "To stay here of course~." I answered. "For how long?" I leaned back so my head was against the wall. "The night." Y/n~neko's eyes widened. "E-Eh? What about your parents? Do they even know?" She inquired. "They know I left, they won't care for how long." I assured. "Are you sure?" I nodded.

"...Wait a minute... What about my kitties?! Who's gonna give them dinner? Who's gonna give them breakfast in the morning?!" She exclaimed. "My parents will, don't worry about it Y/n~neko." She sat up. "How can you be so sure?" She peered her eyes at me. "Because my parents know how to take care of cats. Relax~" I propped my hands behind my head. "This better be true." She said crossing her arms.

"So I can stay?" I questioned. She began to get up. "Sure.. Let me get some things to-" I pushed her back down. "I'm sleeping here." I claimed patting the bed. "Then I'll sleep on the floor then." She tried to get up again but I held her down. "Nope~" I changed my position so that I now had her trapped between my arms.

"No! It's either you or me! Not in the same place. Absolutely not!" She exclaimed. "Why not?" I frowned. "Because..!" She trailed off. "Because what?" I asked leaning down a bit leaving a couple of centimeters between us. "Karma!" I gave her space and sat down.

"You say my real name when you're mad or serious but it's hard to look mad when you're blushing Y/n~neko." She puffed out her cheeks. "It's anger! My face is red because I'm mad!" She shouted. "No need to lie, I know you were expecting something." She punched my shoulder lightly. "Jerk." Soon after she burst into a fit of laughter. "So you were-"

"It's starting to get dark so I should be preparing dinner!" She quickly sped out of the room before I could stop her.

I should help out...
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

A/n: 4K READS!!! EEEE!!! THAT'S HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR ME TO UPDATE! Jk, seriously you guys...

It shocks me at how I'm hitting these milestones and hitting them so fast at that! I appreciate it alot kawaii potato cats💖

Back to the thing about updating... With middle school I get LOTS of homework EVERYDAY so it's hard to find time to update... Instead of ideas for the book my mind is filled up with homework, schoolwork, worries for my sister, and unfortunately just a small corner for Karma and... Mystic Messenger (Specifically Saeyoung xp). Listening to the opening song right now... SOO GOOOD!!! Wish there were subtitles tho, I listen to the Korean version because if it's original it's better. For most things anyway, take Pokémon for example...

Off topic like usual... So anyways....

I think I'm just gonna be uploading one chapter at a time since I'm always busy and I never get weekends for myself because PEOPLE DECIDE TO THROW PARTIES WHEN SCHOOL FREAKING BEGINS! And my cousin sister is getting married and instead of just a bridal shower there are like 2 or 3 parties before the peoples actually get married... WHY IS MY CULTURE LIKE THISSSSS?

Kawaī jagaimo no neko o yonde kurete arigatō! Watashi wa anata hitorihitori ga daisukidesu! Ato de subete o kyatchi! Baii~ 💖Shadowhuskies📚

Translates to: Thanks for reading kawaii potato cats! I love each and every single one of you very muchly! Catch you all later! Baii~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.8K 2.1K 18
You're name was (F/N). You went to a perfect middle school, had a bunch of friends, had a boyfriend that loved you very much, and a family that was w...
146K 3.3K 16
(Y/N) gets transferred into the E-Class due to her drop of grades. She hardly ever talks to people in the E-Class, she prefers being alone One faithf...
46.5K 1.2K 34
You live with your uncle, Tadaomi Karasuma after your mother and father died. You were originally in Class A of Kunugigaoka Junior High School, but y...
336K 11.8K 40
"I love you." They said the same thing. To the same girl. •An Assassination Classroom Fanfic• Gakushū Asano, is a student in Class 3-A in Kunugigaoka...