Begin Again

By bocasmaries

Selena Gomez is a 22 year old-fresh out of college and ready to begin a new life with her four year old daugh... More

Begin Again
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
GO READ MY NEW STORIES
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT
Okay For Real This Time, Sequel + New Stories
Spin Off Is Up
Did I Just Do That?

Chapter 22

15.9K 369 153
By bocasmaries

sorry again for another short chapter; i swear i hate short chapters. anyways i dunno if i'll be able to post chapter 23 tonight or tomorrow--idk yet so don't hate me!

Chapter 22:

Justin’s POV:

She was awake. Selena was awake and smiling.

“Hey.” I croaked out.

“Hi.” She smiled, but it soon faded.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“I know who you are; I just can’t remember your name.” She said scrunching her nose up and I chuckled at her cuteness.

“The doctor said you might have a little brain loss right when you wake up. Just don’t push it and it’ll come back naturally.” I smiled.

Selena made an ‘o’ shape with her mouth then turned to face me again. “Well, are you gonna tell me your name, or do I have to wait until my brain starts working again?” She chuckled, and I smiled. Hearing her chuckle was like music to my ears.

“Justin.” I said and she turned her head away from me and started making faces.

“Oh yeah, now I remember you. We used to date, and we have a daughter together.” She smiled then frowned again. “And you have a girlfriend.”

“Actually Selena, I—“I began but was cut off by the doctor and a nurse coming into the room.

“Oh, Miss Gomez you’re finally awake!” The doctor exclaimed.

The nurse went over to Selena’s left side and placed a tray beside her with some food and a cup of water, and another with sprite.

“How long has she been awake?” The doctor asked me.

“Not long; just a little over 2 minutes. She woke up knowing who I was, just not remembering my name. But it seems like her brain is working right again.” I smiled.

“That’s good to hear.” He said to me and then to Selena. “Are you feeling a little dizzy?”

“Just a bit.” Selena answered. “What happened?”

“You were in a really bad car accident Selena. You’ve been out of it for a few days now. We actually weren’t expecting for you to wake up for at least another week, but it seems like you made a better recovery than we thought.” The doctor answered.

“I think I remember that. I was driving my car away from something—or someone, I can’t remember, and then I remembered I saw a deer in the road and I didn’t wanna hit it and I ran off the road and lost control.” Selena said rubbing her head. “And I remember I—I jumped in the back seat,” Selena began calmly but started to get a little panic, “oh my God Kaylie, where’s my daughter? Is she okay? Please tell me she’s alive.” Selena said in panic mode as she sat up and tears started forming in her eyes.

“Selena babe calm down.” I said holding her shoulder.

“Selena, your daughter Kaylie is absolutely fine. Your body covered her, saving her from a really bad impact.” The doctor said and Selena let a breath out she was holding.

“When—when can I see her?” Selena asked.

“She’s with your parents. I’ll go give them a call and let them know you’re awake and tell them to bring Kaylie up.” I said and Selena nodded her head. I kissed her forehead before walking off into the hallway to call Mandy.

Selena’s POV:

Knowing my daughter was safe was a huge relief—but knowing I was out of it for a few days wasn’t. I knew Kaylie was worried about me—shit I know everyone was worried about me; whether I would wake up or not.

Waking up made my head feel a lot of pain, and knowing I couldn’t remember Justin’s name made me sort of upset, but as soon as he said his name, my brain started working again, and the memories started flooding back—even painful ones.

In my mind, I knew I was driving for some reason, I just can’t remember why. All I can remember was that I was mad and frustrated at something—or someone.

I looked around my room, and noticed it was drowning with flowers and stuffed bears, and balloons. Luckily my room was huge—my parents must have gotten me a private room. It was big enough to fit at least 10 people. I know that would come in handy knowing all the people that will come visit me.

The doctor talked to me just a few more minutes before walking out, leaving me time to think. He told me not to over think, or my head will explode.

I kept trying to remember what happened that night of the car crash—and why in the hell I was dreaming Justin told me we could finally have a family like I’ve always wanted.

I heard two knocks on the door and Justin came back in with a smile on his face and my parents and Kaylie followed in behind him.

“Mommy!” My beautiful daughter squealed; seeing her face, and seeing her physically was enough to make my entire day.

“Hey baby girl.” I smiled.

My dad helped Kaylie onto the bed with me, making sure she didn’t mess with any of the wires and she cuddled up to my side.

“I missed you mommy.” She sniffled.

“I missed you too baby.” I smiled kissing the top of your head.

“You were hibernating too long. I’m glad you’re done now.” She said looking up at me. I chuckled at her. I mean, I rather her think I was hibernating than almost dead any day.

“We all missed you honey.” My mom stated.

I looked over to my parents and they looked like they were about to cry and I shook my head.

“Please don’t cry.” I said. “I’m awake and fine ok? If you cry you know I’ll cry.” I added on and both my mom and dad nodded their heads.

Both my parents came over to give me a quick kiss on the forehead before another knock came on the door, and Pattie came inside with Gracie and Jazzy.

“SELLY!” Gracie said using my nick-name she used to use when she was younger, and sometimes use now.

“Hey Grace.” I smiled. I gave her a hug and a kiss best to my ability while lying in bed, and did the same to Pattie and Jazzy.

“I’m glad you’re okay Selena. We really missed you.” Jazzy smiled.

“I missed ya’ll too.” I smiled. “Where’s Demi?” I asked, wondering where my bestfriend was. To be honest I thought she would be the first one here—before my parents and Justin both.

“She’s on her way; she just had to run a quick errand.” My mom smiled and I nodded my head.

“Mommy, guess what!” Kaylie smiled and I looked down at her asking her what she was so jumpy about.

“I talked to Mace, and he said he wants you to call him once you’re done hibernating. He said it’s very important.” Kaylie said emphasizing the word ‘important’.

“Okay, I guess I’ll have to do just that.” I smiled.

“You can call Mason on my phone honey, we have to go out and buy you a new phone since yours is all cracked. I mean it works, but I doubt you want a cracked phone.” My mom chuckled.

“You know me so well.” I laughed.

“How about we all give Selena some privacy to talk to Mason?” My mom said chirping in.

“Good idea Mandy.” Pattie added on. “Let’s all go down to the cafeteria and get some food, because I know Selena didn’t eat any of the hospital food the nurses gave her.”

“Ok, so you all know me so well.” I laughed.

Soon everyone was out of my room and I was alone. I dialed Mason’s number on my mom’s phone, hearing a perky Mason answer.

“Hello Mrs. Teefey.” Mason said, “Any news on Selena?”

“Actually she’s doing just fine.” I smiled, and I knew, I could feel it Mason smiling through the phone.

“Selena, you’re awake!” Mason said.

“Yep, I’m done hibernating.” I chuckled and so did Mason.

“Well I’m glad you’re done hibernating.” Mason said. “I wish I could come down to see you, but I’ve been so busy with work and it’s all over whelming.” He said.

“I understand.” I said. “So Kaylie said you have some very important news to tell me, so cough it up.” I said in a seriously-joking tone.

“Well, for starters, I have a girlfriend.” He said and I didn’t know whether to be happy—or sad.

“Oh. Well that’s nice. What’s her name?” I asked.

“Amanda. She’s a new worker at my job and we sort of hit it off and—“

“Wait, how long have you two been dating?”

“About 3 months now.”

3 months? But last time Mason was here we almost—

“Wait, 3 months? But just last month we almost, you know—“I said, not wanting to continue or else I would puke my guts out.

“But we didn’t, and plus Amanda and I were off then. So we’ve been dating 3 months if you don’t count the time we were ‘off’.” He stated and I just nodded my head even though he couldn’t see me.

“Is that all you needed to tell me?” I asked.

“Well, I’m also a soon-to-be father.”

+

Just 5 minutes after my conversation with Mason I heard 4 distinct knocks on the door, already knowing who it was.

“COME IN DEMI!” I yelled.

Soon my bestfriend had her arms wrapped around me and my arms were wrapped around her.

“Selena I missed you so, so, so much. Please don’t ever scare me like that again. You almost gave me a heart attack.” She said against my shoulder.

“I know and I’m sorry. You should know, I’m a fighter—ever since I was younger.” I chuckled and she smiled.

“Don’t I get a hug?” I heard Ryan’s voice over Demi shoulders.

Demi let go, and Ryan came over and hugged me.

“Hey Ry.” I smiled, “You’ve been taking care of Demi right?” I asked and Ryan nodded his head.

“So Demi, my mom said you were running an errand, were did you go?” I asked and Demi put up her finger telling me to hold on.

She went to the door mumbling some words and she came back into the room followed be two additional people.

“Ariana, Jai!” I sang happily. It’s been so long since I’ve seen them.

“Selena!” Both squealed.

I received a hug from Ariana first and then Jai.

“When we received the news, I knew Jai and I had to come back to Boca ASAP.” Ariana said, almost crying. “Knowing you’re up and smiling makes me so happy.”

“Knowing you two came all this way for me makes me so happy.” I smiled. “So tell me, how’s Australia?”

“Oh my, it’s so beautiful.” Ariana grinned. “We’re actually thinking about making our move there permanent.” She added on.

“Shesh, with the time ya’ll been gone, I would of think you both would have already moved there.” I chuckled. “So you know your sister is engaged, how is the married life?” I asked.

“It’s good.” Both Jai and Ariana said in unison.

“I can’t believe I’ve been married to this knuckled head for over a year now.” She chuckled.

“It feels like just yesterday we got married.” Jai piped in.

“Well at least ya’ll was nice enough to invite us to the wedding.” I said.

“Yeah, but a 3 day notice was not an okay thing.” Demi chuckled. “Ya’ll could have at least gave us a 3 week notice, or a 3 month notice.”

+

Majority of the day everyone spent their time in my room and we all joked and made small talk. Luckily Pattie and my mom went to Chick-Fil-A later that night so I wouldn’t have to eat nasty hospital food.

My parents and Pattie left with Jazzy and Gracie around 8:30 that night because my parents and Pattie had to work the next morning, followed by Demi, Ryan, Ariana and Jai leaving around 9. Ariana and Jai were staying in a nice hotel just up the street from the hospital, since Ryan and Demi only live in an apartment and don’t have any room.

Kaylie and Justin were the last to leave. Kaylie was having a hard time leaving me, because she was scared I was gonna start hibernating again and I had to convince her and tell her I was not ‘hibernating’ ever again.

Around 10, my doctor came in and told me to get some rest and that I should be able to go home within the next day or so. They just wanna keep me a little longer for observation, and to make sure I’m 110% okay.

I finally fell asleep around 11, and started dreaming about that night. I started having flashbacks and remembering every small detail.

Including mine and Justin’s ‘fight’; how I threatened him I would get a ‘custody battle’ over Kaylie therefore he wouldn’t be able to see her at all. I remembered the main reason why we fought—because of Sasha.

Then for some reason I dreamt about Justin and I having our own family, with 2 additional kids and even a family dog. Sasha was out of the picture completely.

“We could actually be a real family, like you have always wanted.”

“I broke up with her.”

“She’s not allowed near me or my house.”

“I’m also suing her.”

I woke up the next morning around 8 feeling a bit groggily from my dreams. I know that if you’re in a coma, sometimes you can hear what others are saying, but that’s a possibility. I don’t wanna jump to conclusions and just embarrass myself if Justin actually didn’t break up with Sasha.

Before going to work Demi dropped off some Ihop for me and we ate breakfast and talked for a while before she left for work. We talked about how her and Ryan are still in the baby making process (which has been over a month, and I’m starting to worry why Demi hasn’t gotten any signs yet). She also told me how excited she’s happy Ariana is back home (just a reminder, Ariana and Demi aren’t blood sisters, they’re step sisters ever since Ariana’s dad and Demi’s mom got married back when we all where in elementary school).

My mom called to check on me around 11 and Jas and Barbara even called from a photo shoot they were having in London, and promised to send me pictures.

The doctor came to check on me and told me I should be able to go back home August 5th which was only 2 days away.

Around 1pm, Justin came in with Kaylie and even brought lunch—McDonald’s of course, and like always, he knew exactly what I wanted.

“Mommy, did you know daddy broke up with Sasha?” Kaylie said ecstatically. Well there goes the answer to my question I’ve been dreaming about.

I can’t believe they actually broke up. “Really?” I asked surprised.

“Yep; I broke up with her the day before you woke up.” Justin said.

“Umm, why?” I asked. I didn’t know whether it was my place to be asking or not, but I needed to know details.

“She cheated on me and the baby isn’t mine. You were right all along—even Jazzy and Gracie were right. They’re the ones who brought the man she was cheated on me with to my house.” Justin said.

“Oh I’m sorry.” I said. Wait why should I be sorry? Well I’m sorry that Justin was used and put down, but I’m happy he finally realized what a twat Sasha really is.

“You have nothing to be sorry about Sel. I’m the one who should be sorry. I’m the one who yelled and got mad at you and Kaylie for no reason.” Justin said sadly.

I did the unthinkable. I reached over and grabbed Justin’s hand in mine and smiled and he did also.

“Sel, I want us to be a real family; you, Kaylie and I. We can have more kids down the line, but for now it’ll be just us three.” Justin spoke, and I could tell he really meant it.

But what I was thinking was just a bit of the opposite. Did I want to be with Justin—well duh yeah I want to be with Justin. What I meant was, is now the right time? Even though he has apologized what he did was still wrong—I mean calling me a bad parent. Even though it seemed like an easy answer, it really wasn’t. I had a lot to think about. If Justin and I really did this, this will be our future.

“Sel, so what do you say?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 105K 62
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
854K 45.3K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
143K 750 50
โœฆ ๐Œ๐€๐‚๐‡๐ˆ๐๐„ ๐“๐‘๐€๐๐’๐‹๐€๐“๐„๐ƒ ๐๐Ž๐•๐„๐‹ Xia Sisi, a well-known female anchor, once accidentally crossed from the civilized world to the sham...
751K 29.4K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...