One Night (Book 1) - Zayn Mal...

By lovelessbeauty

It only takes One Night to fall in love... To change a life, for everything to come undone. But it takes more... More

One Night
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chpater 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Tonight (Book 2)
Translations

Chapter 71

150K 3.4K 2K
By lovelessbeauty

Satellite - Tyrone Wells

I Choose You - Sara Bareilles

All I Want (Cover) - Ellie Goulding

____________

Elizabeth and Jonah's house looks completely different - in the most beautiful way possible. Lights are strung up above the main entrance and living room. The couches are moved to the sides so they don't separate the kitchen from the living room.

Through the large windows you can see people on the balcony, talking, standing by the heating lamps. It's as if I stepped into some imaginary world full of businessmen at a gala. All the men are dressed like Zayn, all the women dressed similar to me. Food lies across tables set up around the corners as well.

I'm dumbfounded by how many people can fit in the house - I shouldn't be, the house is huge, but it's just there are so many people here for the dinner party. Everyone dresses so elegantly - I can't get over it. From the open space in the living room I gather the dinner is being held elsewhere in the house.

I am suddenly aware that people are staring at Zayn and I. Their eyes trained on us as if we had green skin and flew down from a space ship, they whisper to each other. Zayn's warm hand rests on my back as he ushers me further into the house.

"They're talking about me, don't worry." He mumbles into my ear. I know they're talking about the fact Zayn has showed up to a black tie event, wearing a suit, and with a date. They shouldn't be though; Zayn can do whatever he wants - well for the most part.

"Zayn?" Zayn and I stop making our way through the house, turning to Elizabeth and Jonah. Elizabeth's face is full of shock and awe as she makes her way towards us. She looks astounding in a slim fitting black dress that pools around her feet. Her dark hair in perfect curls around her face. Jonah wears a button up shirt, dress pants, and a blazer. His light hair spiked and styled as if it were done professionally.

"Elizabeth. Jonah." Zayn greets them solemnly, with no smile at all. I stare at him for a moment, surprised by the lack of emotion in him, shaking it off I give my greatest smile to them and they notice.

"The place looks gorgeous." I gape, looking up at the lights and chattering people that have started to mind their own business.

"Well thank you Juliet. We are so glad Zayn brought you." Elizabeth beams at me, clasping her hands together and holding them below her chin as she examines Zayn and I.

"You look good in a suit." Jonah comments. He gives Zayn a nod of approval before his eyes move to me with a kind smile.

"You don't look so bad yourself." Zayn cracks a smile at Jonah. I feel relief in seeing Zayn show some emotion since we've gotten here.

"Well you two enjoy, dancing is mostly on the patio where the music is. Help yourself to the food and Zayn - we want you to meet a few of the alumni before you leave." Elizabeth lists. Zayn gives a nod, not looking to happy about doing it. Elizabeth and Jonah walk away, his hand on her waist while they disappear into the crowd.

"This is amazing." I smile, looking around the house yet again.

"It's just a party." Zayn shrugs, attempting to have an aloof attitude. I slip my arm around him and he pulls me into him, I smile up at him until he smiles back.

"Tonight's going to be great." I assure him. Zayn breaks away fro a moment - grabbing two champagne glasses and handing me one. I lock eyes with Zayn and smile as he smirks at me.

"Zayn? You came!" Zayn and mine's gaze breaks - to find Liam and Danielle walking towards us. Danielle wears a beautiful strapless red dress - making her look like she stepped out of a bridal magazine. Liam is dressed like all the other guys here except he has a bow tie instead of a regular tie on.

"Juliet." Danielle smiles brightly at me.

"Hi Danielle." I smile back at her. "I'm glad you two are here! I know no one." I laugh, and I doubt Zayn was interested in introducing me to his fraternity brothers. Liam smiles at us and pulls Danielle to him.

"Well we're glad you came! This is the first one Zayn's come to." He smirks over at Zayn, Zayn keeps a still face - not much emotion showing. I try not to give his lack of emotion too much thought before turning back to Danielle and Liam.

"How many of these are there?" I laugh lightly, pulling myself closer to Zayn in hope to have some emotion from him. I know he isn't too happy about being here but I'm hoping his attitude will turn around.

"Well they have dinner parties once every few months, depending on different events." Liam shrugs. "First time it's been at this house though." Liam explains to me - Zayn hardly pays attention to the sentence.

"Oh." I smile. I take a sip of my champagne and Zayn follows.

"So Liam said you were a go for that big group date." Danielle's wide and full of hope. I hear Zayn cough at the mention of 'group date', he pats his chest in an attempt to get the champagne down his throat. I glance at Danielle who looks worried and apologetic.

"Yeah, I um... We haven't had much time to talk about it." I explain to Danielle, her apologetic face replaced with a bright one. Zayn gives me a 'what the heck' look before I turn back to Liam and Danielle.

"Well we were thinking we could all go to the lake or something?" Danielle offers with a smile. I give my best smile and nod. Zayn's arm slips behind my back, his hand resting on my hip and pulling me closer to his body.

"What the hell is she talking about?" He grumbles into my ear in a low voice.

"I'll explain later." I assure lightly.

"Or we were thinking we could all go hiking?" Liam smiles at us. I furrow my eyebrows, I couldn't imagine Zayn hiking, not that he wasn't strong, he just didn't seem like the outdoors type. As Liam and Danielle bounce their ideas off of us in hopes to get some excitement about one, I zone out.

I let my eyes wander through the house yet again, still trying to wrap my mind around the beautiful decorations and the groups of people. I never realized there were this many people in the fraternity - though some are alumni's. I glance at the door and spot Charles walking in; my eyes fall on his date and my mouth drops open.

"Jules?" I hear Liam call but I can't stop staring at Charles who wraps an arm around his date, walking her into the living room.

"Juliet?" Zayn's voice pulls me back to reality. I meet his concerned eyes and force a smile.

"Sorry." I laugh. "How about some more champagne?" I offer. I glance at Zayn who agrees with a quick nod. "I'll be right back." I smile at them as I weave my way through the crowd. I find my way to Charles with ease, he smiles at me. He fills out a suit quite well - and I'm embarrassed that I notice this.

"Juliet." He smirks at me, his typical flirtatious smirk. "How have you been?" He asks, fiddling with his tie. I haven't spoken with Charles' since we had lunch after he punched Derek.

"Great I um... did I just see you walk in with-"

"Hi Jules!" I turn to her. Her light brown hair pinned up, her white one shoulder dress falling around her figure as if it were made for her. Her light eyes smile at me as she steps next to Charles - only a few inches between them. I stare at her for a moment in shock, but quickly recover - clearing my throat and adjusting myself.

"Lindsay." I greet, still perplexed by this. I glance at Charles who clears his throat, realizing my confusion. "I didn't know you were coming." I say in a tone that I hope doesn't offend her.

"Charles invited me." She smiles at Charles. "He thought it would be nice for me to come to an event and spend some time with you outside of Literature." She explains.

"How do you two even know each other?" I ask with more confusion.

"We met at Starbucks." She laughs. "He was talking on the phone with his cousin or something about you and I kind of got out of my shell and asked how he knew you. Then we just got to talking." She shrugs. Charles gives a smile, so was she here as his date or...

"It's a friendly thing." She answers as if she read my mind. "I was also hoping to see Harry." She mumbles under her breath to me. Charles pretends to be pre-occupied but I'm almost certain he heard.

Harry was coming here tonight. I feel a slight excitement for the night, which soon turns to stress. I've been dying to talk to him; I just never got around to it because I've been so focused on Zayn. Maybe now would be an okay time to talk to him? We were in a crowded place so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding.

"Oh, yeah I'm sure he's coming." I say, mostly saying it for my benefit. I hope he is coming tonight.

"Great." She smiles pulling back, glancing back at Charles. He quickly brings his eyes back to us.

"Well Juliet, we'd love to stay and chat but..." Charles trails off as if he's deciding against it.

"Juliet." His voice low and husky, making my stomach flip, I feel Zayn's hand on my back as he steps up next to me. His eyes burn through Charles - he doesn't even notice Lindsay.

"Zayn, you remember Lindsay." I pull his attention from Charles. Zayn's eyes falter, glancing at Lindsay. "She's Charles' date." I emphasize the word date. I know Zayn's paranoid of Charles, who could blame him? Charles even admitted he found me attractive.

"Hey." He nods at her. Lindsay gives an awkward smile and loops her arm through Charles'.

"Charles we should go outside." She smiles at him. I smile with gratitude to Lindsay and she just gives me an - 'you're welcome' smile.

"Yeah." Charles smirks down at her. "Juliet, Zayn." He nods at us. Zayn doesn't say much as they walk away.

"Okay what's with the weird attitude?" I demand quietly, turning to him. "I understand Charles isn't your most favorite person right now but since we got into this house you've been acting as if this is hell itself." I grumble.

"Did you not see the way everyone stared at you when you walked in?" He growls quietly in my ear, tugging me towards him. I let him wrap his arms around me, his lips brushing against my ear - chills running down my spin.

"They stared at us." I corrected. Is that where his bad attitude came from? The fact people were whispering about us?

"All the guys stared - still are staring, completely ignoring their dates." He explains quietly in my ear. I roll my eyes,

"Stop being paranoid." I pull away and glare at him. He shakes his head, nodding towards a group of boys that stand by the windows. I glance and sure enough all their eyes are on Zayn and I. They quickly begin to talk to each other - acting as if they didn't even notice Zayn and I were alive. I turn to Zayn and grip the nape of his neck, pulling his lips to mine.

His lips are tense at first - confused by what I am doing. Soon enough they mold to mine, his arms pulling me into him. I push my tongue between our lips and he happily accepts. Warmth rushing through my body, now this was the most intimate moment we had shared all week.

His hands resting on the small of my back, crushing my body to his, my fingers sliding into his styled hair. I'm careful not to mess it up, only gripping it lightly. I smile against his lips, pulling away.

"What was that?" He smirks at me, his arms still wound around me.

"Now you don't have to worry about any guys staring - they know I'm yours." I smile back at him. His smirk turns into a grin and he soon leans back down, kissing me softly.

"You're mine." His lips brush against mine before he pulls away. I look up at him under my eyelashes; I can feel my heart slowly come to a stop with the lustrous and possessive look in his eyes with a tint of care.

"I'm yours." I nod, a smug smirk gracing his features. His fingers brush over my wrist and I glance down at the perfectly outlined heart. Moving my eyes from my wrist, I glance at the window at the people on the balcony and smile at him. "Dance with me?" I ask, nodding to the balcony where swaying bodies can be spotted. He doesn't answer but he doesn't fight my pull on his hand when I guide him to the balcony.

The air is chilly but I love it - it gives me more reason to snuggle closer to Zayn. We walk towards the area where most of the people seem to be dancing. I stop near the middle and pull Zayn's arms around my waist. I rest my head against his chest as we begin to sway to the music.

"I definitely prefer the way you dance at frat parties than right now." He mumbles into my ear. I smile and swat at his chest, earning a chuckle from him. I'm thankful his mood has lifted and we're managing to have a good time. I feel his lips kiss my head every once in a while, I love how he pulls me closer whenever a breeze passes by and causes me to shiver.

His hands brush through my hair - careful not to mess it up, his fingers trailing down my back, adding the chills that have been going through my body. I'm not sure how long we dance with each other - swaying in place with arms wrapped around each other. But all too soon - Jonah pulls Zayn away.

"Zayn, I want you to meet some alumni." Jonah says, stopping our dancing. Zayn and I pull away, his hand still around my waist but our bodies no longer wrapped around each other. Zayn begins to walk away but I stay put.

"Baby?" My heart flutters at the name, Zayn turns back to look at me and I shake my head,

"You go and meet those important alumni, I'll find something to keep myself busy." I assure him with a warm smile.

"You sure?" He asks, concern taking over his face.

"I'm positive, come find me when you're done." I smile. Zayn nods, glancing back at me with reluctance as he follows Jonah back into the house.

I look around the balcony, my eyes scanning over the large amount of people standing and dancing on the balcony. This is the most civilized I have seen the fraternity to be honest. I continue to look around the balcony and my eyes soon find Louis leaning against the railing. Well that was easy.

"Lou!" I smile. He perks up at the sound of his name, looking for the person who had called him. I push my way through the people and make it to Louis who smiles brightly.

"Jules." A wide grin spreads across his face.

"Well sir, don't you look dashing." I smirk, using a mocking formal and etiquette voice, touching his jacket. He laughs and touches my dress - picking at the soft material,

"Why thank you madam so do you." He shoots back in a similar voice I had used. I laugh and roll my eyes. I glance around and notice he was standing alone.

"Where's Eleanor?" I turn back to him and he shakes his head. I frown from the reaction - hoping there isn't bad news.

"She um... she didn't want to come." I frown, why wouldn't she want to come to this? "You know... I finally get why she is always 'busy' whenever I invite her to Zayn's aunts house." He frowns.

Realization hits me instantly. Zayn's dad was Elizabeth's brother, Eleanor's dad married Zayn's mom. I doubt Elizabeth holds a grudge though... I wonder if Elizabeth knows about Zayn's dad and what he did... I'm sure she does, there wasn't an easy way to hide that.

"I'm sorry." I frown. "I'll keep you company." I offer, leaning against the railing with him. The cool railing touches my skin as I rest my weight on it.

"Aren't you here with Zayn?" He glances around in search for him. I stare at his blue eyes that scan the crowd and finally turn back to me.

"He has important alumni members to meet." I roll my eyes with a playful smile. Louis laughs and shifts closer to me.

"Well I'd be happy to keep you company Jules." He smiles. "You look stunning in that dress. Has Zayn been a good boy? Has he kept his hands to himself?" Louis raises an eyebrow with a childlike smirk on his lips. "Or do I have to have a chat with my dear friend?" He winks.

I laugh and nudge Louis with my shoulder, giving him an ashamed shake of my head. If he means throw a few punches by 'chat' I think he has already lost that battle. I recall when Louis had helped me find Zayn a few weeks ago. When he punched that guy and had to nurse his hand because of the pain. I keep from laughing - not wanting to embarrass him.

"You shouldn't be worried about Zayn keeping his hands to himself tonight." I smirk; Louis raises his eyebrow in question. I'm fully prepared to have myself a laugh with Louis.

"You should be worried about me." Louis eyes shift to confusion. "Zayn looks pretty hot tonight." Louis burst into laughter, earning a few glances in our direction. I could care less though; I join in the laughter with Louis.

"Damn Jules, never took you for the handsy type." He wriggles his eyebrows at me after offering a quick wink.

"Well wait until you see Zayn, you won't be able to keep your hands to yourself either." I laugh lightly causing Louis to laugh even more. I smile, I love being able to make Louis laugh, his light musical laugh lifts my spirits just like that.

"I might be taking your guy home with me tonight." Louis teases.

"You'll have to fight me first Tomlinson." I pretend to be threatening and Louis breaks down into tears of laughter. I pretend to be wounded by his laughter but he doesn't notice as he holds his sides.

"What's all the laughing about?" I look to Lindsay who walks to us. Charles is missing from her side - which I don't mind. I don't think Zayn would want to come find me and see Charles with me.

"Jules is threatening me." Louis manages through breaks in his laughter. I glare at him and then roll my eyes as I break into a smile.

"We were talking about how great Zayn looks." I explain with a smile.

"Well you two both look great. You look like a pair of models." Lindsay laughs.

I laugh at her compliment shaking my head - Zayn could pass for a model but me? There were many imperfections about myself. I wasn't nearly as thin as Sarah or Lindsay, I didn't have the curves and boobs as most college girls had either - I was just muscular. I was sometimes bothered by the shape of my nose and the size of my eyes - too many things on my list to continue.

"Thanks." I accept the compliment instead of being one of 'those girls' who won't take a compliment. "You look great too." I compliment right back.

"If only I could look half as good as you." She smiles. Not true, Lindsay probably looked as good as I did. Everyone tonight looked absolutely beautiful in their dresses.

"If you told me you were coming you could have gotten ready with Sarah and I." I say with a frown. I wish Lindsay had told me she was coming - not that I'm upset that she came or didn't tell me, it just would've been nice to know.

"It was actually kind of last minute. Like as of two hours ago last minute." She frowns - she still looks great for only having about an hour or so warning. "Charles' date bailed." She shrugs. I wonder who Charles' original date was.

"Well next time you'll have to come get ready with Sarah and I." I insist.

"Did I hear my name?" Sarah slips towards us, her green dress fitting her like an angel. Niall is behind her, a grin on his face and their fingers laced together. I'm happy to see them smiling and looking like a couple - especially after the week Sarah and I had been through.

"Sarah!" I smile at her, she reaches me - embracing me into a hug before pulling away and looking over me, examining her work. She did some touch ups before I left, she added a rhinestone clip into her hair and an elegant matching necklace. "Love the necklace." I smile, examining it's shimmering value.

"Thanks." She giggles. "I got it when we went shopping, of course you wouldn't remember." She laughs at me. I never paid attention to what Sarah bought, she bought so much it would be almost impossible to do it even if I wanted to.

"Niall!" Louis cheers, walking towards Niall and pulling him into a tight hug. The two suddenly earn high-pitched voices,

"Oh my God Lou, I haven't seen you in ages! Did you do something new with your hair?" Niall bats his eyelashes.

"Why yes I did Niall. Did you get new shoes?" Louis shoots back with his mocking feminine voice.

"Stop making fun of us." Sarah snaps at them with a wide smile on her face. The two boys laugh at her but don't continue their role-playing exercise.

"Lindsay, I'm so surprised but happy you're here." Sarah smiles at Lindsay. Sarah's blue eyes take a quick over look of Lindsay - probably analyzing her outfit and choice of jewelry.

"Me too." She laughs.

"Where's Zayn?" Sarah's eyes fill with worry as she glances around the balcony.

"He had to meet some alumni." I explain quickly. Sarah seems relieved that I wasn't alone because of a fight. The five of us talk on the balcony for a while, Lindsay excuses herself to find Charles, and eventually Sarah and Niall decide to dance, leaving Louis and I.

"Lou is Harry here?" I ask quietly.

"I think he's coming." Louis nods. "Still haven't talked to him?"

"Haven't had the time." I explain. "I don't think he wants to see me either." I mumble to Louis. Louis lets out a heavy breath and nods,

"Yeah he's been... very to himself." He chooses his words carefully.

"Are you sure he's coming tonight?" I ask again in a quiet voice. I'm starting to have my doubts as the night grows later.

"Pretty sure, he usually comes to these things." He assures me. Louis rests a hand on my back and offers a friendly smile. "Don't be sad Jules. Tonight's a great night! You got Zayn to dress up, you got him to come to this event, and you look smashing!" He smiles. I feel my sadness rise from my body a bit at his comment.

"Well I think I should go find Zayn." I shrug. "Before you do." I tease lightly. Louis sticks his tongue out at me as I walk back into the house. I stop by the table, glancing at all the decadent finger food.

I feel a hand touch my back as someone speaks my name - a voice I don't quite recognize. I turn slowly to face Blake who smiles at me. His hair is gelled up in his classic faux hawk style, he wears what most of the guys here wear - a button up shirt and a jacket along with dress pants.

"Hi." I smile at him. I know Zayn has a problem with him but there was no reason I couldn't attempt to be civil with him. He smiles at me more making me more confused by the sudden action of communication he's taken with me. I turn to the girl who stands next to him.

She has long sunset red locks, porcelain skin, cold blue eyes and an hourglass shaped body. She makes her way over to us in her small red dress, making me feel self-conscious. She was one of the few girls not wearing a long dress.

"Juliet. I'd like you to meet my date." I glance between him and the beautiful redhead. For a quick moment no one speaks, Blake stares at the girl and she smiles as if understanding what to do. The redhead reaches out her hand with a pearly white smile.

"Hi Juliet. I'm Stacy."

(A/N: Oh dang! Haha I hope this is a surprise! :)

Picture of Stacy to side! I picture her being portrayed by Deborah Ann Woll)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1M 682K 29
"Ethan." Aiden pauses. "I want you." He softly bites my ear. "I want to kiss you more than you will ever know." Trying to avoid the daily beatings of...
5.6M 291K 116
Starring Kim Taehyung And Jeon Jungkook This is original by @ARTSEOULVK in twitter i just write it for the people dont have twitter and want to re...
8.4M 235K 100
❛And do you know what's the stupidest thing about this?❜ said Draco and made an aggressive step towards me. ❛That after all this,❜ he grasped my fore...
9.4M 290K 75
☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ (Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) ❝ 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐡�...