We're In a Team (IF and Compa...

By Starblaster2000

WARNING BEFORE YOU START READING: This is a story that is, essentially, a story about the writer, me, "hookin... More

Prologue (5 years ago)
The Awakening (Present day)
The Past (4 hours later)
I Have To Go Back (2 weeks later)
What Happened? (2 days later)
Mutiny
Hidden Love (2 months later)
How do I handle this?! (1 week later)
Alive Still?
Brute Force (2 months later)
Judgement (9 months later)
Death Is Avoidable!
This Is No Mistake (2 weeks later)(Lemon Warning)
Fly (6 years later)

The Return (3 hours later)

370 6 2
By Starblaster2000

     I was flying for hours with the barely functional GPS system I had. But it worked nonetheless. Now I just have to figure out how to land at the airbase without getting shot down.

-"This should be fun..." I said.

IF P.O.V.

     Well, it would seem that my job is calling once again.

-"Sorry to cut this short Compa but, I gotta go." I said to Compa.

-"Where are you going Iffy?" she asked me.

-"Apparently there's something weird happening that I should look at."

-"Can I come?"

-"I guess there's no harm in it. Alright sure, you can tag along."

     And with that, Compa and I made our way to Air Traffic Control. Once we arrived, everyone looked panicked for some reason. I walked up to the main radar console. It showed a signal I've never seen before. The radar was picking up an "unknown anomaly".

-"What's that?" I asked a random officer.

-"That's what we're trying to find out ma'am. This signal appeared a few hours ago and all communication attempts have proved unsuccessful." he said.

-"Hmm...could be a drone." I said.

-"Unlikely, the anomaly is a rather large one, and it's moving slower than most existing aircraft."

-"Wait, if it's a large anomaly, could it be an attack?"

-"Also unlikely ma'am. It's a single plane."

-"Where is it coming from?"

-"From our simulations, it seems to be originating from the southern ice cap. No one's been out that far south in a long time.

...

-"...Send out a drone to investigate."

-"Understood ma'am. Drone "Ranger" is being prepared." 

      I turned back to Compa who had a curious look on her face.

-"What does this mean Iffy?" Compa asked.

-"It means that we might have a problem on our hands." I said.

     We waited until the drone had visual contact with the anomaly. The sunset made it hard to see the details, we only managed to get a rough silhouette.

-"It's...a gunship?" The officer from before asked to himself.

-"Seems like it. Try contacting again." I said.

-"Unknown aircraft you have entered Planeptunian airspace. If you can hear me, please respond, over." he transmitted.

     We got an actual response this time but, not one we were expecting.

-"*Static*" It was all inaudible sounds.

-"Tell him that we're guiding him down." I said.

-"Unknown aircraft, in the event you can hear us, we are going to perform a controlled landing. Follow the drone, it will lead you to the runway." he said.

-"Setting the drone to autopilot." Another operator said.

-"Now we wait." I said to Compa.

-"I hope it's nothing serious." she said.

-"Yeah...me too." 

     Everyone in the room was now looking at the mainframe and every other planned flight was put on hold. We needed every airstrip we could get right now.

Logan P.O.V.

-"Unknown aircraft you have entered Planeptunian airspace. If you can hear me, please respond, over."  I received.

     Damn, my transponder is broken. The receiver is operational, but I can't transmit. I tried anyway to show some sign of response.

-"I hear you command, over." I said, knowing that all they'd hear is static.

     There was a brief pause before I heard something again.

-"Unknown aircraft, in the event you can hear us, we are going to perform a controlled landing. Follow the drone, it will lead you to the runway." Command said.

     Drone? I didn't see a drone anywhere. Just as I finished that thought, wouldn't ya know it, a drone flies in front of the cockpit and shows the way. I comply and follow it for another 2 hours before even seeing the runway! This is when things start to get complicated. I can already see fire trucks and military ready to act if anything goes wrong. I try to ignore that and focus on the runway.

-"Pilot, you are not to exit the aircraft until given the word." An operator told me.

-"Roger that command." I said, still knowing the futility.

     I lined up with the runway as best I could and landed ever so softly. I let out the braking parachute and turned on the wheel brakes. Eventually, I came to a halt around the middle mark of the runway. Now was the time to make my "first impression". I turned off the engines and waited. Through the windshield, I could see military surrounding the plane. Their formation is lousy. I heard someone talking over a megaphone.

-"Anyone and everyone on board, step out now!" I heard a female voice say.

-"Better not screw it up now, especially in front of a lady." I said.

     I stepped out of the cockpit and now stood in front of the plug door on the side of the plane. I disengaged the locks and pulled down the stair lever. Pressurized oxygen leaked out of the cracks, obstructing my view temporarily. Once the air had dissipated, I stepped down the stairs to see guns pointed at me from all sides. My legs felt really weak for some reason, I guess that's what sitting down for a long time does to you. What I didn't expect was to see a fairly cute and young girl pointing her 9 mm at my face.

     I didn't say anything and just waited. I half expected her to just pop me in the head right then and there but she didn't. She just stared for a few moments. After a while of tension, she spoke.

-"Who are you?" she asked.

-"Logan. Logan Jameson." I said.

     Sounds of disbelief and awe came from both the soldiers around me and through this girl's earpiece.

-"Logan Jameson? Like, the Ace Logan Jameson?" she asked.

-"Yeah, that's me. I see being frozen for years gets you popular." I said.

-"Uh...miste- I mean, sir, you do know that you've been presumed dead for more than five years, right?"

     "Sir", huh? I guess it's protocol but I don't really care anymore. Just then, another young girl came running over to the one in front of me.

-"Iffy!" she yelled.

-"Compa? What are you doing here? I told you to stay inside." the first girl said.

-"I know, but look! Have you not noticed his injuries yet!?" she said, panicked.

-"Injuries?" I asked.

     I looked down and saw that somehow, without me noticing, a small pool of my own blood had formed at my feet. I guess that weakness from earlier wasn't just the piloting. Suddenly and randomly, my ears started ringing and my eyelids started closing. I felt my legs go limp as I fell onto my back right there on the tarmac. The last thing I saw was the two girls looking worried and trying their hardest to apply first aid. Hopefully I wake up in a hospital and not a prison bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 863 27
You just a ordinary teen who goes to school to chat and play with your friends until a portal appears at the school field and suck you into a world c...
1.8K 29 12
WARNING BEFORE YOU START READING: This is a story that is, essentially, a story about the writer, me, "hooking up" with Linda/Underling from Hyperdim...
30.3K 150 21
Another reader insert that takes place after the harem option of the previous story, Hyperdimension: A Thief's Tale. Fun times await our Y/n.
54.2K 604 28
An anomaly happens once all three dimensions that the CPU's have combined into one full dimension. The Hyper Dimension, the Ultra Dimension, and the...