Transform (Jughead Jones, Riv...

De RockDD20

"Just tell me what happened that night!!" Some secrets can bring people together, some can tear them apart. ... Mai multe

PROLOGUE
CAST
CHAPTER 1: SWEETWATER DROWNING
CHAPTER 2: STITCHES
CHAPTER 3: THE BELLY OF THE BEAST
CHAPTER 4: A PERFECT MATCH
CHAPTER 5: THE FEAR OF TOADS
CHAPTER 6: WHAT AN ADDICTION
CHAPTER 7: A LIFE WITHOUT COFFEE
CHAPTER 8: STICKY MAPLE
CHAPTER 9: THE BAT AND CUTTERS
CHAPTER 10: BROKEN GLASS
CHAPTER 11: THE BROTHER OF ANNA
CHAPTER 12: AN INCONVENIENT LIE
CHAPTER 13: WHITE BOWS AND A BLACK JACKET
CHAPTER 14: SOBS AND SNEAKS
CHAPTER 15: BLACK LACE
CHAPTER 16: FUNERAL OF THE CENTURY
CHAPTER 17: PHONE CALLS AND HAPPY JUICE
CHAPTER 18: FLICKERING FLASHES
CHAPTER 19: FLASE ACCUSATIONS
CHAPTER 20: BACKLASH
CHAPTER 21: BABY SHOWER SECRETS
CHAPTER 22: CODE RED
CHAPTER 24: AN ARGUMENT OF LOVERS
CHAPTER 25: SECRETS AND SINS
CHAPTER 26: SNOW FLAKES
CHAPTER 27: THE UNDERWOODS
CHAPTER 28: THE FLIGHTLESS BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER 29: GRILLING RAGE ON BOTH SIDES
CHAPTER 30: HOMECOMING PART ONE
CHAPTER 31: HOMECOMING PART TWO
CHAPTER 32: BUS STOP BLUES
CHAPTER 33: THE DEATH
CHAPTER 34: LEAVING RIVERDALE
CHAPTER 35: BROKEN HANDS AND HEARTS
BOOK 2

CHAPTER 23: FOX IN A HOUSE OF HENS

3.8K 71 5
De RockDD20

'Witness my truths and my lies'

I do not own any of Riverdale, only my characters

"Marcus Underwood is our fox in the henhouse" Alice Cooper smirked slicing up a piece of pie for Betty, myself and Marcus, turns out the Blossoms invited him to a dinner. Alice was more than excited.

"Tell us about Polly. How is she? Did she seem okay?" Betty asked, "the Blossoms are treating her great. But, Betty, I don't think she's coming back. I don't think she wants to" Marcus said.

"That doesn't make any sense, that's not Polly" Betty replied "she made her choice, we have to learn to live with that" Alice sighed licking some pie off her fingers and sitting down. "No, I know my sister. She wouldn't do that to us. Something else is going on" Betty said determined.

"What else did you see, Marcus? When you were in the sticky, red thick of it? Anything about the board?"

"Cheryl said that they're worried that after all the scandal with Jason and Polly, that they might try and steal the company from Mr. Blossom" Marcus replied.

"Well, do you hear that, Betty? This is our story. A hostile takeover. No wonder the trustees are in town. The Blossom empire is crumbling" Alice smirked, "okay, but, Mom, if you write a story attacking them while Polly's still in Thornhill-"

"-Enough about Polly" Alice interrupted "I mean it, she's the one who betrayed us. Not the other way around" I frowned at Alice, she was getting defensive. She wants Polly back, no doubt about it.

Betty, Jughead and I stormed over to Cheryl who was surrounded by Rivervixens, all of them grinning and giggling at Cheryl "Cheryl, can we have a word?" Betty asked. Cheryl let out a sigh standing up "scatter, my vixens" she said.

"Yes Betty? What is it?"

"Polly, look I don't know what kind of Stockholm syndrome spell you've cast on her, but I want to talk to my sister" Betty said a small snap in her voice "let's not fight, especially not when we should be celebrating" Cheryl smirked.

"Why? What happened?" Betty asked "haven't you heard? Dr. Patel just confirmed it this morning.
Polly is having twins" Cheryl grinned, I looked at Betty seeing a hurt expression in her face. "Bless our Blossom genes!" Cheryl cheered.

"And she didn't call to tell me" Betty said disappointed and hurt.

"Hostages aren't normally allowed to make outgoing calls" Jughead said lowly, I elbowed him softly "Juggie" I scolded.

"Can you please just give her a message for me?" Betty asked "as long as it doesn't upset her" Cheryl said, "tell her she should call our mom. She's trying really hard to hide it, but I can tell she's really, really hurt and upset" Betty said.

"I'll pass your message along" Cheryl replied "thank you" Betty sighed, "if I remember" Cheryl smirked. I glared darkly at her "Cheryl" Jughead said sternly "that was a joke you hobo" she snapped at Jughead, my nostrils flared at her and my glare became even darker.

"Of course I'll give her your message, Betty. But no promises that she'll care or respond" Cheryl said.
-----

"Betty, don't worry. Cheryl's not entirely heartless" I said, Betty had called me panicking about Cheryl not talking to Polly. If Cheryl didn't I'm going to rip her a new one, honestly.

"I know that" Betty said softly "but knowing Cheryl" she sighed, "that's what worries me, hopefully she does talk to Polly" I replied running a hand threw my hair. My back pressed against my soft sheets littered with pink kittens printed on it. Then my door opened to my room revealing my mom "time to go to bed Anna" she smiled softly, somethings off about her, she's more quiet than usual and is mostly keeping to herself.
She still hasn't given me an explanation for missing the baby shower, or why she turned up drunk. But she was probably just having a bad day.

"Okay" I said, she quietly closed the door her footsteps disappearing "I have to go, I'll talk to you tomorrow though" I said. "Yeah, I'll keep you posted" she replied, "okay night Betty"

"Goodnight Anna"

I hung up the phone throwing it on charge before turning off my lamp and snuggling underneath the blankets. Then I let my eyes close enveloping me in darkness.

"ANNA!" A voice screamed, I jumped awake seeing the morning sun shine through my window. "COME ON ANNA WERE GONNA BE LATE" a voice yelled up to me. I rolled over checking the time on my phone seeing I had ten minutes before school started, instantly I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. I quickly did my business before brushing my teeth and pulling my hair into a quick ponytail, I didn't do my makeup since I don't have time. I ran back into my room and threw on some clothes before running down stairs after packing my bag.

"Forget to set the alarm?" Marcus said as I ran down the steps, I nodded before grabbing my keys and rushing out the door Marcus at my side.

When we finally arrived at the school the bell had already rung, I groaned.

Great now I'm going to have a late pass, Marcus also.

"You wanna skip?" I asked, "sorry can't, I've got a math test this morning" he said shuffling from me. "Seriously" I pouted, "sorry Anna" he smirked ruffling my hair. He walked away leaving me alone, great.

I sucked it up and walked towards my first class, English, yah.

-------

"My parents are unbelievable" Betty said pacing back and forth between Jughead and I as we sat in the blue and gold office, "Polly is locked up in that house like a character out of Jane Eyre, and what are they doing? Changing each other's login accounts and throwing bricks through windows" she vented.

"I wish I'd seen that" Jughead said, Betty and I shot him a look "okay, I'm sorry, that's not funny" he apologised looking down slightly. " It's like, you know how, in a time of crisis, people either come together or fall apart? It feels like we're falling apart" Betty's eyes began to tear up her voice cracking "and the way things are going, pretty soon, the Coopers, we're not gonna exist anymore.
And there's nothing I can do to stop that" she sobbed.

"Betty don't do that, don't give up" I said leaning shuffling towards her, "your family is splintering, no doubt but it won't fall apart. You know why, because there's one thing keeping it together" she sniffed looking at me "you, you're holding them together. Your so much stronger than all the white noise, you're stronger than your mother, you're stronger than your father. You're holding this family together. So don't. Don't let go" I said giving her a soft smile and rubbed her shoulder.

She gave me a small smile before saying "I won't".

Marcus's P.O.V

I shifted uncomfortably in front of the mirror, standing in front of Clifford Blossom with only a patchy blazer and my boxers wasn't how I thought my day was going to go. "Black piping for the velvet of course" the tailor said fixing my blazer around "I'll take the measurements for the pants" he continued moving towards his tape measure.

"Uh, before we do that could I talk to you, Mr. Blossom?" I said, Clifford nodded for the tailor to leave and he scurried out leaving us alone. "What is it Marcus?" He asked kindly, "it's um, well it's about my mom" I said nervously.

His smirk seemed to widen at the mention of her "what of Lillian?"

"Things were pretty messy at the funeral, and I wanted to know if you had forgiven her for what she did and said. Penelope said she did so....." I trailed off, "what's done is done, Lillian may have insulted us harshly but I do not blame her for what she said and did, Penelope was disrespecting Lillian and accusing her of something she was not part of. I have forgiven her and so had Penelope" he replied.

I nodded looking down at the floor, "how is she, I know of her condition. Lillian and I used to be quite close" he said. "She's doing well, no outbursts so that good" I replied, "yes it is, I'm aware that you also are bipolar"

My body stiffened at him, how the hell does he know?!

"I don't know what you're talking about" I lied shuffling to my other foot, he moved closer to me and placed his hands on my shoulders. "Marcus, it's alright. We all have our problems and yours may be suffocating but it's alright. You're a good man, and good men are treated with respect despite their flaws" he said giving me a kind smile.

"Thank you Mr Blossom" I said looking into his brown eyes, "that's alright Marcus" he replied patting my shoulders before backing away from me. "You are so different than Jason, he was thankful for what we gave him or the guidance I bestowed on him" he continued almost spitting out Jason's name as if it was a poison on his tongue.

"There are times when I wished you were my son"

My eyes widened at him, did he-did he just say that. He just disregarded his own son. Mind you his dead son and wished I was his, just how cruel were they to Jason.

"Mr Blossom, I don't think that would be a good thing to say about Jason and I" I said, he nodded and said "I do miss him, but there are small things I wished he changed".

"But this is no talk for now, I'll bring back the tailor" he said before leaving the room.

Did he even care about Jason?

------

I tugged at my suit as I sat with the Blossoms and the company at their large dining table, Cheryl looked stunning. Her hair sat on her right shoulder, she wore a blue dress with an open back, her usual red lips pursed in that way that drove me crazy. Her hand was slightly touching mine, just our knuckles grazing against one another.

"We were tested this year. As a town, as a company, mainly as a family. And it may not have been Jason's hand that staked the maple this year, but it was the hand of hope" Clifford announced gesturing to Cheryl, everyone clapped as Clifford sat down. Everyone them began to slowly eat their food, just as I went to cut into it Cheryl spoke up "don't think they're being nice or genuine, they wanted me to fail at the tree-tapping. But you're going to help with all that" she smiled eyeing me.

"I'll do whatever I can" I said giving her a small smile, she smirked taking a sip from her drink. "Marcus, have a word?" Clifford said patting my shoulder, I stood from my position giving Cheryl one last look "I'll be right back" I said before leaving her.

I moved towards Clifford who stood at the end of the table, away from the rest of the group "I just wanted to let you know that I've decided to help you and your mother" he said. I blinked at him confused "you are?" I asked, "I have a good friend outside of Riverdale that is an excellent doctor who knows how to properly deal with bipolar people" he said.

"Thank you Mr Blossom-"

"-Please call me Clifford" he said cutting me off.

"Clifford, I really appreciate the thought but the doctor my mom and I have now is just fine" I replied, he scoffed "I'm sure all he does is prescribe you medication, my doctor can benefit you and your mother quite well. Perhaps it will put a pause on not only your outbursts but your mothers" he suggested.

I was quiet for a few moments, maybe it isn't such a bad idea. He was right our doctor only told us what was wrong, prescribed us some medication and sent us to a shrink. "Who is it?" I asked "Dr Hethington, he's excellent and our family have always gone straight to him" Clifford said, he pulled out a small card and handed it to me. A business card from Dr Hethington, "thank you Clifford, but you don't have to do me or my mom these favours"

"Well, you've helped our family. Cheryl, especially. You fit in so well" he said "I like Cheryl, and I'm happy to be here for her...." I trailed "as a friend of course" I added.

"You know, I'm going to be honest with you. Cheryl's a bright girl, but the Blossom board, they're very skeptical of having her play an active role in the company. Now, someone with your stock and character by her side, tempering her more erratic behaviour" he chuckled to himself "you know, it's about creating a picture. The right picture. Having you with us, with Cheryl, it tells a very appealing story. Which is something I think we could all use right about now. You'll help us, won't you?" My eyes had widened at his offer, he wants me to help Cheryl with the company?

Before I could answer Polly cut in "excuse me, Mr. Blossom, may I have this first dance with Marcus?" She asked sweetly "I think that's an excellent idea" Clifford smiled. Polly then lopped her arm through mine and pulled me away to dance. We swayed together for a few moments before I asked "Polly, can we talk about what's going on here?" I asked.

"Just keep dancing. And smiling" she said straining her cheeks "Betty keeps asking Cheryl about me, she needs to stop" she continued. "As long as she's worried about you, Polly, she'll never stop" I replied "yes, she will If I tell you the real reason I'm at Thornhill. The Blossoms had something to do with Jason's death, I'm sure of it. They threatened him and I'm gonna prove it"

Polly you little sneak.

"Is that why you keep blowing Betty off?" I smirked "it has to be believable, and I don't want her trying to rescue me. Can you please tell her that for me?" Polly asked. I nodded in reply before I noticed a scuffle in the corner of my eye, I turned seeing Cheryl and Clifford arguing.

"I'm so done with this!" She snapped "do not make a scene" warned a calm Clifford, "no, I'm done. I'm done!" She yelled throwing her hands in the air before walking out the door.

"Polly, will you excuse me?" I said, I pushed past people and made my way to the door Cheryl had just exited. Clifford sent me a look as I walked out.

I searched for Cheryl in the freezing cold until I finally found her standing by the pool, her hands rubbing up and down her arms. "Cheryl, come back inside" I said rushing over to her. I tore off my blazer and wrapped it around her body, call me cliche but I'm not going to let her freeze while I'm all snuggly and warm.

She turned to me a few tears in her eyes "what did my dad say to you? That everyone thinks I'm a train wreck? Jason was the golden boy, but me people hate me, Marcus. And at school, that's fine, whatever. But this is my family" she said a lump in her throat.

"Forget them, Cheryl. Forget what they think. I think you're amazing" I said

She sighed moving closer to me "oh, Marcus, sometimes I think you may be the only decent person left in Riverdale. The only person who doesn't want something from me. Or who doesn't want me to apologize for who I am....." She moved closer to me so our chests were pressing together, her breath fanned my face as she slide her hands up my chest around slinked around my neck, something she always used to do.

She leaned up parting her lips slightly, her lips were close to mine our noses touching. She peered into my eyes "and what I want" she whispered, our lips brushing together.

I wanted to kiss her, pull her close and kiss her until our lips were swollen. But I knew better than to dive back into the world of Cheryl Blossom. So I pulled away at the last second just as I could taste her lipstick "Cheryl, I'm sorry but I can't" I said quietly.

She moved closer "why not?" She asked, "after everything that happened the last time, I don't think it's smart for us to do this. I don't want to go through this again" I said. I pulled away from her, her eyes became glossy "Marcus" she said quietly.

"I'm sorry Cheryl I can't" I said sadly before moving away from her and retreating back to the house, I can't be here I need to leave.

As I made my way back I heard a few murmurs, me being the curious bean I am moved closer to the hedge that was in front of the people talking. I peered through a hole in the hedge seeing Penelope and Clifford conversing, I knew I should've left, but I couldn't.

"They seem satisfied, but Uncle Bedford keeps asking about the drive-in land" Penelope said "I am so close to getting that land back, Hermione Lodge will crumble" smirked Clifford.

"Who would have thought she'd prove so resourceful? Maybe you should've sent her to jail instead of Hiram"

My eyes widened at what Penelope said, they sent Hiram to jail.

I slowly backed away from the hedge and began trudging towards the driveway where my car sat. I couldn't deal with the his right now, my phone suddenly beeped. I pulled it seeing a reminder.

Eat up buddy

I cursed under my breath before moving to my car faster, I unlocked it and took out my medication. I popped two out and swallowed them with the water I had in my car.

"Marcus!" A voice called out, I turned seeing Cheryl trudging through the snow towards me, the dress she wore fanning around her and my jacket still nestled on her shoulders. The closer she moved the more my heart thumped against my chest, I always loved it when she was mad. Because I could make her happy again.

Then she suddenly cupped my cheeks and pressed her lips against mine, I froze at her cold hands on my cheeks as she pulled me down to her height. Her lips moved against mine, her eyes closed her heart beating widely against my chest. My hands were frozen inches away from her hips, then the warmth she had spread through me and I wasn't frozen anymore. My arms tightened around her back and I wrapped my arms under her ribs lifting her off the ground slightly. Her hands left my cheeks and snaked around my neck as our lips moved in perfect sync.
My tongue slid across her bottom lip and she parted her lips more, I slipped my tongue in and deepened the kiss. It felt as if the kiss lasted a lifetime but it wasn't long before Cheryl pulled away, I slowly set her back down on the snowy ground.

"I thought it was Cinderella that ran away from the ball, not Prince Charming" she whispered against my lips.

"Cheryl...." I trailed off peering into her gorgeous big hazel eyes, "I know Marcus, I know what I did was wrong. I want to try again, I want to be with you again. I care about you Marcus, when I first saw you when you came back I cried because I remembered the feelings I felt before. I wanted you to come back to me, because.. Because...." She sniffed pouring her heart out.

"Cheryl-" I whispered "I'm sorry. But I can't, I still care about you but I can't do it again. I'm sorry" I continued. In that moment I saw her heart rip in half, a small tear slid down her cheek. A broken look in her eyes, she slide her arms away from me and stepped back.

"Marcus, if you leave the radiant sun that is the Blossom family stops shining on you. And everything we've been willing to give you, that doctor my father gave you disappears. Are you sure you want that? You can have a chance at a normal life. You and your mom" she said.

"That's were your wrong Cheryl, I don't have a chance at a normal life, my mom doesn't either. It doesn't matter what doctor we go to it won't change anything, I'm bipolar, and that's not going to change" I said.

She didn't say anything, she glared at me her nostrils flaring and her fists in tight balls. "I'm sorry, Cheryl But I can't do this anymore. Goodbye" I said sliding into my car and starting it. I looked at her once more but she didn't meet my eyes.

"I really am sorry Cheryl" I said, she didn't say anything once again. I looked at her sadly before pulling out of Thornhill and driving away leaving a broken hearted Cheryl behind.

------

"At the banquet, I heard Mr. And Mrs. Blossom talking, it sounded like Clifford Blossom was responsible for sending Veronica's dad to jail" I said to Betty, Jughead and Anna. We sat in the blue and gold office and I explained everything that happened at the banquet, minus me breaking Cheryl's heart.

"Oh, my God" Betty said cupping her mouth "if Clifford sent Hiram Lodge to jail, tore apart his family, then maybe Hiram was trying to do the same thing to him?" Anna said "yeah, by going after what the Blossoms value most, their family, their legacy. That's a motive" Jughead replied.

It was then that Hiram Lodge was added to the list of suspects.

Winter had come early to Riverdale. Brutal and unforgiving.
But it would be nothing compared to the storm that was gathering.
A storm of chaos named Cheryl Blossom.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

25K 859 22
❝i hope you're ready, 'cause im about to tell you the story of my life, more specifically why my life ended and if you're listening to these tapes...
154K 3.4K 46
"I like you, Jughead Jones." "I like you too, Veronica Lodge." Veronica has a secret... Jughead has a secret... Will the two tell their feelings? R...
7.8K 145 17
Yasmine was at the top of the school until her life started to fall apart at the seems. Yasmine now will try to keep her secrets hidden as the truth...
104K 1.6K 21
what happens when Reggie's secret summer love moves to Riverdale high to go to school with her cousin and people realize shes not really what his typ...