Guarding Her

By Ember_In_The_Ashes

Mason rubs his nose against my cheek. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you. If he even comes close to... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Thank you!
Sequel!

Thirty-four

26.8K 943 512
By Ember_In_The_Ashes

                  Mason's POV

As soon as I'm discharged I hurriedly fly out of heavens gates down to earth. I have to get to Clarke. I need to get to her.

I don't think I could have gone one more day without her, it's effected me in every way possible.

I fly down to earth and can start picking up her scent, I inhale deeply closing my eyes momentarily while speeding up. The closer I get to her house the stronger her scent is. I finally arrive noticing her mother and Oliver aren't here, I do however see a strange car that I don't have a good feeling about.

I rush through the door seeing a demon on the floor standing up to go upstairs. I recognize him to be Victor's father, I guess he must have been the secret admirer. She must have done something to anger him because his horns are out along with his disgusting claws and wings. His eyes are completely black while his skin is grey.

I walk up behind him knocking him out with the arm chair. I rush up the stairs opening Clarke's door to see her on the floor with tears running down her rosy cheeks. I let out a sob when I see her wrist slit with blood oozing out. She reaches her hand out for me to take, which I do. I grasp her wrist trying to keep as much blood as possible from escaping. She looks up into my stormy eyes, a weak smile spreads across her beautiful face as she whispers the words I've been longing to hear.

"I love you Mason."

Her head falls limp to the side as I call out her name. I try to wake her but she's already out. I quickly reach over and feel for a pulse. I sit there with my mouth hanging open, tears staining my cheeks. My heart clenches in anguish.

She's gone.

My perfect angel is gone.

I lean back biting my fist trying to mull over the fact that she's gone.

I pick up her limp body, cradling it to my chest as I slowly rock back and forth. I can't stop the tears that fall, and I don't even try to stop them.

I carry her fragile body over to her bed and lay her down, I tuck some raven hair behind her ear and kiss her forehead. Laying down beside her I wrap my arms and wings around her.

"For so many years I was so terrified to actually tell you about my true feelings. Now I would do anything to go back and have just one day, one day to tell you, how much I love you. I would sacrifice my entire existence just to hear you laugh again." I run my fingers through her hair. "I had so much planned for us, when you turned eighteen I was going to tell you. I was going to declare my everlasting love for you. And we were going to be joined in matrimony, flesh and spirit. We were going to have the most beautiful children. They were all going to look like you. I wanted so much Clarke, so much." I sob.

"Clarke, I-" I can't even find the words, I just lay my head on her chest and cry silently. Desperately missing the best part of me.

I quietly sing to her one last time, ignoring the cracking in my voice.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy, when skies are grey.
You'll never know dear, how much I love you.

A sob escapes me as I sing the last line.

Please don't take, my sunshine away.

A moment of silence goes by and all I feel is emptiness.

Gone.

I jump when I hear something in her chest, I raise my head and look at her still face. It's just false hope.

I lay my head back on her chest and hear it again, I press my ear over her heart and hear a consistent but faint thump.

I hurriedly reach over and feel for a pulse, not feeling one at first but then slowly, with each second her heart starts to pump. Each time getting stronger and stronger. I grab her hand and examine it wide eyed to see her wrist healing right before my eyes. "Yes! Thank you God!" I shout in glee holding my beloveds face.

Her eyes flutter open and I can finally see the life in her gleaming emerald eyes. She looks up at me in shock then reaches up pulling me into her. "I thought you left me." I sob into her neck placing kisses in between words.

"Don't you ever do that again you hear me?!" I grasp her cheeks as I see her face full of glee while she sobs.

"I thought you left me too!" She exclaims. "Oh Clarke," I grasp her body as tight as I can, desperately reaching for every bit of her I can get ahold of. "I would never leave you, I could never." We sit on her bed holding each other as close as we possibly can while I rock her back and forth whispering the same three words over and over.

I love you.

_____________________

After me and Clarke had spent awhile together in her room I had to pry myself away from her so I could take care of the demon downstairs. I need to make sure he will never touch my angel again. When i finally get there, he's gone. I notice another letter laying where I left him and pick it up. It reads,

My dearest Clarke,

I know our love frightens you my sweet but we mustn't run from destiny. I will give you some time to think things over but I assure you that I will not give up on you.  I will return soon my dear, and when that happens, you will be mine.

I snarl and rip the note up and then go back up to my angel. I open her door and she jumps covering her chest. I immediately turn around, "I'm so sorry, I-I didn't know you were changing." I rush out.

"It's fine, you can turn around now." I do so and instantly rush to her holding her tiny form close to me. I sniff her hair and sigh in content. "I'm so sorry angel, I didn't want to leave you, I wanted to come back so desperately." I whisper into her raven locks.

She pushes me back and cups the side did my face gently. "Don't blame yourself, I understand now that they held you back. What made them let you come back to me?" She questions tilting her head to the side. I wrap my arms around her waist drawing her closer to me.

"The judge who was assigned my case was one of the first guardians. After the trial had continued and things didn't look good in my favor, he explained how he fell in love with a mortal when he was a guardian, just like me, but kept is a secret. He left her down on earth to become a heavenly judge and has regretted it ever since. He encouraged me to love you to my fullest and never let you go." I press my forehead against hers.

She looks up at me with wide eyes. "Y-you're in love with me?" She stutters out while I smile warmly down at her, lightning followed by thunder lighting up her features for a moment.

"Yes my darling, I have loved you since I first laid eyes on you. It took me many years to realize it but, you are my other half, my soul mate. You complete me."

She looks up into my eyes, hers swarming with so many emotions.
I start to get nervous when she doesn't say anything. Maybe she doesn't like me in that way. Maybe she finds me repulsive.

She reaches her hand up to my hair, her nose brushing against mine.

"I love you too." She whispers causing my heart to leap out of its chest.

I lean forward and connect our lips for the first time. My entire body ignites with fire as I finally kiss my beloved. I can't help but smile through the kiss as our lips move slowly, sensually against each other's. Nothing but passion and utter love radiates through this pure and innocent act. Without needing words the kiss shows how much we both missed each other. How much we have longed for one another, and how much we love each other.

I try my hardest to pull her closer to me while she laces her fingers through my hair, a whimper of satisfaction escapes her mouth enticing me to run my tongue against her lip. She opens her mouth allowing my tongue to enter. After a few moments we both need air so I pull away allowing her to breathe. Our foreheads stay connected as we both breathe in the same air.

I look at my angel to see her cheeks flushed and lips swollen from our beautiful exchange.

I grasp her hand, lacing our fingers together.

"I love you so much."

She looks up at me with nothing but love in her eyes repeating the Same to me, making my heart do a backflip.

I lean in and peck her lips once, twice, three times. "I can't seem to get enough of you." I breathily chuckle as I lean down to connect our lips once again.

This time the pace is different. It's more rough, more hungry. I groan in pleasure as she accidentally bites my lip. She pulls away immediately apologizing but I just grunt and pull her back.  I start to kiss her with such a ferver, a need, a certain... desire.

I pick her up and lay her down on her bed hovering over her, never braking the kiss.

"Mason." She moans. I pull away and look into her eyes, I shake my head and start to pull away but she grips my arms, "please, Mason." I run my fingers through my hair and try to explain, " angel, if I don't stop now I don't think I will be able to stop myself in a moment."

She bites her lip looking to the side for a moment before turning back to me. "I don't want you to stop." My eyes widen as I place my arms on either side of her head. "You do know what this means right?" I question unsure.

"Yes Mason, I want to be yours. I've never been more sure about anything." She blushes.

I kiss her cheek, then her nose, then her lips. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I reach down and tug at the bottom of her shirt, as soon as it's over her head she places her arms over her stomach. "Oh angel," I coo " you are the most beautiful being in the world, don't feel like you have to hide anything." I tuck hair behind her ear. She slowly nods removing her arms.

I gaze down at her small form with dark eyes. I lean up and kiss her lips as I remove the rest of our clothes. Once we are both bare I pull away and look into her eyes.

"Are you ready angel?" I gently ask cupping the side of her face. She nods looking nervous, but at the same time eager.

"This will hurt a little at first, but it will be amazing after a few moments, okay?" I kiss her forehead and she nods.

My heart rapidly beats, trying to jump out of my chest to join its beloved. I run my tip down her folds to her entrance.

"I love you." I whisper out as I connect us as one. For the first time in thousands of years, I am finally one with my soul mate. Her mouth falls open as her eyes squeeze shut. I kiss her lips to try to steer her mind from the pain.

She feels so good.

I remain still for a few moments allowing her to adjust. After a few more seconds she opens her eyes nodding. I slowly pull out and push back in, she gasps while I place my face in her neck.

I can tell it starts to feel good to her because little moans erupt from her throat. I maintain my slow pace, thrusting in and out. So many emotions flood me all at once.

"Oh Clarke." I cry out.

"I missed you so much, so so much." I thrust a little faster.

"I wanted to know if you were okay, I wanted to hold you, be by your side every night." I sob. As I find a spot inside of her that makes her cry out. I thrust over and over again in the same spot causing her to cry out every time.

I lean my face just above hers as I whisper, "are you close?" She opens her eyes looking up into mine, holding so much love. She slowly nods holding onto my shoulders. We just hold eye contact as I push myself into her again and again and again.

After a few moments we both let go crying out, clinging onto one another for dear life. I fall down on the bed beside her pulling her to my chest.

I lean down and kiss her lips muttering the same three words again.

"I love you."

SEE IM NOT AS BAD AS YALL THOUGHT.

I hope you guys got scared for a moment haha

As you can probably tell the book is winding down but I do plan on making a sequel. Yay!!

Please vote if you liked it and comment if you want a sequel or not.

Love you guys!

Jo🥀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148 0 19
Hazel and Mason have been best friends when they were young, but what happens when their friendship is put to the test after a terrible accident occu...
325K 9.9K 42
Please look into reading the full story on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CTN28YRV?nodl=1&dplnkId=5d6a5848-c601-4164-9a4d-b934a6d97e01 "Ever Dan...
5.4K 292 30
"I beg you to listen" Murmuring softly as I froze in his touch. Exhaling slowly. Doing my best not run out of his hold. "What are you saying?" "I'm t...
185K 5K 40
Highest rank | #459 in werewolf 24/9/17 | The alpha is known for being possessive towards his mate and this is my experience with being an alpha's m...