When Love Happens ( Hausa lo...

By jadeaica

I suddenly froze not knowing what to do I just stood there watched him unable to talk or move or do anything... More

Prologue
Destination- Nigeria
Guests?
Hunk the Grouch
New Relatives
Dinner with the Schmidts
Awkward.
Flirt
Run!
Rude Much
New Places
Escapade
Strange
Melodrama
Confused
Surreal
Epiphany
Unsettling
Confessions
Confessions II
Closure
Cotton Candy
When Love Happens
APOLOGY
DEDICATION
Excerpt from Bleeding love

Yayan Soro

2K 215 7
By jadeaica

We had a great time at Aunty Bintus place. She is really an amazing person made us laugh with her hilarious adventure tales.

She and mom were quite the handful. They were the complete ruffians. They tortured almost everybody they knew, they climbed over  fences together, bullied their classmates, made landline pranks, and beat the crap out of tattle tale's.

Yeah what an eventful childhood they had. All the fun ended when I asked her why mom had to leave she remained mute for a while before adding " I think it's best you hear it from your mom"

We went back to Baba's house the next day , baba gave us a summary history of the family which is quite big to say the least. I guess it's a good thing we came at the time of a wedding i think.

We went back to grandfathers house the next day spent a day there as well before leaving for yayan soro's place which Yusra sulked all the way there.

Surprisingly it was Ya Sadiq that took us. He is a really nice person and down to earth, very easy to talk to. He seemed genuinely interested in knowing us unlike someone I know.

Yaya- as we were told to address her- is the absolute nightmare if you ask Yusra. She is really the mean old lady to her and it beats me why she treats her awfully.

If you ask Jas and I she is the sweetest person though she is strict and firm but nonetheless sweet especially to Jas since they have the same name.

So Yaya lives  in a semi-remote rural area of the northern part of kaduna. She lives with her companion Firdausi. A lovely teenage girl whom Yusra informed me is orphaned but can be just as annoying as Yaya and no one dares rebuke scold or reprimand her if not her champion will shred you to bits hence the reason why she gets away with everything.

Anyway contrary to what Yusra said she is really nice to us she loves chatting with Jas and is very inquisitive always asking me questions like do I go to clubs how do we date and unnecessary stuff like that which I try to answer but it's starting to drain and annoy me.

I felt a vibration against my tummy when I locked down beside me on the massive mattress I was laying on I saw my phone vibrating. I totally forgot it was on silent. I checked the ID it was dad calling. About time I haven't been able to reach them for awhile now and we still haven't talked to mom. It's really starting to piss me off, what the hell is she avoiding  or is something wrong that they are hiding from us I hope no one is hurt.

"Assalamu alaikum dad"
*pause*
"Hello daddy are you there"
"Hellooooooo"
"Waalaikumulsalam Elle. How are you"
"Mom!" I shrieked
"Hey darling. I have missed you"
"Mom! Oh my God finally you have called us. What happened to you."
"I know. I am so sorry it's just that I have been pretty occupied and we kept changing camps that's why. I hope I did not get you worried?"
"Alhamdulillah" I sighed " how are you it's been ages since I last heard your voice like millennia ago. How is dad also"
"Alhamdulillah he is also doing fine, you know your dad and how emotional he can get but he is staying strong."
"Good to know. Not being sappy or anything but I have missed you when are you going home why didn't you give up me a video call I want to see your face"
"Maybe next time okay. Very soon when it gets too much for your dad I am pulling him out. Where is your sister I am missing my princess"
I rolled my eyes "she is with firdausi I think let me get her hold on a min"
I stood with the phone on my ear and went in search of Jas I found her with firdausi and yaya munching on boiled corn and roasted peanuts -disgusting- "Jas mom's on the line for you"
Her eyes widened and she jumped up and snatched the phone away
" mommy!"
"I have missed you too."
"Nope. They are really nice spent a night at Aunty Bintus place"
"Yes she did. No with Yayah saw-raw"

I turned back to yaya and firdausi
"Wai da wa take magana ne eh?" I looked at firdausi waiting for her to translate " she is asking who Jas is talking to?"

"Oh it's our mom" I informed she turned and translated to yaya her eyes widened wider than Jas's own. She smacked down the hand fan in her hand and gestured for Jas to give her the phone "miko min tarho din nan (hand over the phone to me)" Jas looked at me and I shrugged then back to yaya " hold on mom I think yaya wants to talk to you. Here" she handed the phone to yaya and the tornado started whirling fiercely

"Ke Saude ashe Kina raye shi ne Kika manta da iyayen Ki. Ace mutum da yan uwansa Sai ya gudu kuma " she was speaking too fast for me to keep up so I just turned to firdausi for assistance " shes rebuking her and asking her when she is coming. Now she asking about your dad why did she marry a White man"

"Dad is not white he is Caribbean"
She just shrugged and sighed "same difference" it was getting scary and ugly that even Yusra came to find out what the hullabaloo is all about
"What's up with the crony?"
"Shes speaking with mom"
"Tsk" firdausi hissed and glared at Yusra who glared back
Before we knew it yaya was in tears she couldn't speak anymore she just handed over the phone to me and left the room. I was shocked and confused
"Hello"
*sniff sniff*
"Mom are you alright? "
sniff "I am okay dear tell your sister I love her talk to you soon bye love you"
"Wai..." she hung up before I could finish 
"What's wrong with yaya and mom were they fighting?" Jas asked
" I don't think so but she said she loves you and will call back soon but she had to go "
Jas looked dejected "okay.  I did not even get to talk to dad "

"Don't worry nugget next time they are just really busy right now"
She nodded and left the room. The rest of the day was just solemn nobody was in the mood and yaya did not come out of her room till the next day.

"Assalamu alaikum" we were all in the sitting room minus Yusra -who is the designated cook right from the day we came -  having lunch when we heard the greeting

"Waalaikumlsalam.... ahhhh lale marraba da yan kaduna. Mamman ashe kai ne tafe"

He smiled his beautiful smile that I am seeing for the first time. Ya Muhammad sauntered into the house with a big smile plastered on his face looking all handsome and all in a blinding white kaftan with a matching blue hand woven cap to complete his look. 

I stared awhile unable to swallow the morsel clogged in my throat what's he doing here

" ya Muhammad" Jas launched at him
He sat down on the carpeted  floor just like us at the foot of the settee adjacent to me

"Su Mallam mamman ya hanya? " yaya asked "an zo lafiya?"

"Lafiya lau Yaya. Na same ku Lafiya "
"Lafiya lau ya su yan kaduna da habujar"
"Duk Suna gaishe ki "
"Ya Muhammad Ina yini ( good afternoon ya Muhammad)" firdausi offered shyly and bowed down her head. What the hell I raised my brows at her

"Shigo ciki da kyau ka zauna(come inside properly and sit) Ina miji Na Ibrahim (where is my husband Ibrahim)
"Yana Lafiya Yana makaranta ne shi ya sa bai zo Ba "
"Toh"

"Esura" yaya yelled for Yusra
"Na'am" she yelled back
"Maza kawo ma yayan ku ruwa da abinci ( hurry up and bring water and food for your brother)
Yusra came out with sweat glistening off her nose and forehead and a grease  stained jilbab

She squealed as soon as she saw ya Muhammad " finally I am living this hell hole"
Ya Muhammad chuckled while firdausi glared at her and I just kept on observing the situation.

Yaya reached out with her hand made straw fan and smacked the back of Yusras legs " Mara kunya Kawai (such a disrespectful girl)

"Wayyo Ammi da Mami Na!" Yusra yelped in pain
"Ahhhh yaya za Ki kasara amaryar aii " said ya Muhammad with an evil grin on his face I am sure
Yaya just scoffed and ignored Yusra
"Zara'u Sami Mai Abinci"
I looked to him for a sec and rose to go get him some food as instructed by yaya
The evil man decided to address me then "a zarah Ba gaisuwa"

Oh snap is he trying to get me in trouble with yaya. Right on cue yaya looked at me with a frown on her face

"Ba Za Ki gaishe shi Ba Esura za Ta bata Ki Ko ( won't you greet him, Yusra wants to corrupt you too).

I narrowed my eyes a bit and greeted him grudgingly "good afternoon ya Muhammad"

He smiled and turned his attention back to firdausi - who was still blushing and head bent down -and Jas who was chatting away his ears

I swallowed my wounded prided and stomped to the kitchen took a bottled water from the store and served a large helping of food and took it back out to him

His eyes widened at the portion of food on his plate "this is too much I am not a weight lifter " he took his plate and scraped more than half of its contents onto my plate.

I was awestruck by his action that I couldn't do anything " you look like you need it more. Better eat it up yaya does not like leftovers"

"Kama ka San ina fama da ita wajen cin abinci ( as if you knew how Much I am struggling with her to eat )

The nerve of that guy I took my plate and left the sitting room and head straight for the kitchen where I dropped my plate suddenly losing my appetite.

I found Yusra in our room happily packing her stuff " someone is happy"
"You can say that again. Finally i am going back home"
"Why is that"
She gave me the don't be stupid look before saying " ya Muhammad is here to get us of course. I have breathed enough oxygen as yaya I can't take more or I will just die. "

I sighed and started packing our stuff too "I wish it were sadiq" I muttered
After packing our stuff waiting for them them to call me out cause I am not going back into that room. I felt a light jab to my rib I opened my eyes groggily

" come on get up or do you want to stay here we are leaving right after asr" Yusra informed me

I must have dosed off subhanallah I haven't even prayed zhur yet. I jumped out of bed and headed for the bathroom to perform wudu but it was locked
" Jasmine is in there she is taking another bath."

I went outside to the back of the house where there is tap a there. I sat on a stool stationed there and waited a few minutes to come fully awake since I didn't get the chance to hibernate

"Are you going to actually use the tap or keep staring at it and deprive others of its use " I heard the remark come from behind me. I turned and found ya Muhammad standing with arms folded at the chest. I just shook my head and started my wudu

Someone needs to teach him manners not to sneak up on people. If I ignore him maybe he will go away

When I was done I  rose and went back into the house. As soon as I was in our room I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding

"Are you okay" Yusra asked with a questioning look
"Yeah"
"Okay hurry up and pray ya Muhammad said we will be leaving in 10mins. God knows I don't want to spend another second here "
"Er where is Jas ?"
"She is with yaya, she came out looking for you too"
"Okay let me hurry up and pray"

Soon after we all came out with bags in hand and Yaya holding Jas's hand we came to ya Muhammad's car Jas turned to Yaya and gave her a hug which was awkward cause Yaya didn't know how to respond to it clearly, it was funny. She turned and gave firdausi one before entering the back seat

Yaya placed her hand on my shoulder and smiled lovingly at me " Toh Zarau Allah ya tsare   Sai Na zo bikin Esura kuma ( Zarah may Allah protect you till we meet again at Yusras wedding)"

"In Shaa Allah yaya" I smiled back
"Esura kuma da Kika Ki mallamin islamiyan mu Ki ka ce Sai wannan yaron Toh Allah shi sanya Alheri ( Yusra since you have rejected my Islamic teacher and choose your fiancé instead by Allah may it be for the best)"
"Ameen Yaya" they all answered in unison

I entered the back seat with Jas while Yusra sat in front and we took off  making our way back to Abbahs house. It was a pleasant drive considering I didn't input much in their conversations and the occasional stare down between I and ya Muhammad via the rear view mirror for the rest of the drive I plugged my earpiece on and pretended to sleep. I don't even wanna deal. Period.

************
Oh my beautiful people I am so sorry I didn't deliver on time ,don't have any excuses😓😔 do forgive me. So anyway if  you find the construction of this cap bad blame my sis she has been haranguing to update she started calling me names yesterday🙄😰 as in I don't even get 💀 but I love her + I Dunn want to escalate to threats 🚶🏾‍♀️🙅🏼🙌so I am updating hope she lays off my back for now 🤞🤞. #PrayfortheRohingyaRefugees❣️may Allah swt grant us all ease ameen ☪️ #worldpeace✌🏾☮️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55K 7K 87
Anger, pure anger and fear sipped through her veins threatening to burst out. She struggled vehemently to release her hand, but that only made him ti...
101K 2.7K 41
PREVIOUSLY NAMED 'Maybe it was never meant to be...' "Why did you do this to me? WHY ME? AN ALREADY BROKEN girl? Why did you show me a fake world and...
2.6K 307 16
#BOOK ONE OF THE MUSLIMAH'S SERIES He met her just when he thought no woman could ever crush his ego, an egotistical conceited jerk he is and a billi...
679K 41.7K 34
{ Highest Ranking 👉🏻 #1 in Spiritual/ Islamic love story } I felt hurt seeing him in pain, pain, which wasn't so obvious to him. // .... Emotions o...