The Bad Boy Stole My Notebook

By Miles11011

Lilah is the plain, simple girl that no one notices. She's just another face in the crowd, nothing more. Her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter 15

471K 16.1K 14K
By Miles11011

You know, as if I already hadn't had a really weird weekend, I just had to be tackled to the ground first thing Monday morning.

"Guys, I'm fine," I repeated as I continued to rub the back of my head. "I swear I really don't remember much."

"We were so worried! I was about to have a mental breakdown when I saw Reece carrying your lifeless looking, passed out form to the car," Aria said wildly, her hands animating the entire time.

"So what happened when you woke up? How did you feel? Did he take you to the hospital?" Renee questioned. 

So I explained as much as I could before first period started. Their eyes were wide the entire time as I told the story. 

"Wow. Do your parents know?" Aria asked.

I shook my head. "Not even Logan knows and I would prefer it if we kept it that way."

"Duh," Renee said as we headed off to class. 

"So," I said as a smile spread across my face. "How did you two's nights go?" I asked. Aria smiled a bit and blushed while Renee looked like she was trying really hard not to smile. 

Looks like we all had pretty interesting nights.

**************

*Reece's POV*

I was sitting outside against the wall, lost in my own thoughts, enjoying the silence around me. Until Carter came and ruined it, that is.

"How's your hand?" he asked as he plopped down beside me.

I shrugged. "Fine," I said as I looked over the bandages. 

"So, what's the deal with you and Lilah?" he said as he lit a cigarette. 

I groaned. "Gosh, if I knew you came here to bombard me with questions about my feelings, then I would've brought a tub of chocolate ice cream and a Taylor Swift album," I said with a roll of my eyes. 

He let out a deep laugh before turning serious again. "Come on, man. I saw how jealous you were when we were performing our dance," he said smugly. 

I snorted. "Whatever. It's just a dance."

"Dude, just ask her out already. Either nut up or shut up."

"Why do you care so much?" I asked him now.

"Because she is changing you for the better. It's like you have more motivation with your life now."

I looked at him as if he grew two heads. "Who the hell are you? Nicolas Sparks?"

"Look man," he said as he threw down his cigarette. "I'm not saying that this girl is perfect and that she is 'the one' or crazy shit like that. All I am saying is, is that when you're around her you stop being that depressed, conflicted kid. So I really don't get why you're avoiding her."

"I'm not avoiding her," I argued. "And I'm not depressed."

He gave me a flat look. "I see you making out with chicks in the hallway all the time. And I know that Devon is the 'observent one', but I'm not an idiot. I KNOW you're not over what happened. I know you still think it was your fault."

I sighed. "Whatever. I don't really want to talk about this."

He shook his head and stood up. "You need some happiness in your life, Reece. Don't be stupid and miss out on your chance," he said as he walked away.

I sighed and crossed my arms. After that talk I couldn't really tell if Carter was the mental one or if I was. 

***************************

*Lilah's POV*

"Guys, I really don't want to do this," I said as they tugged me down the hallway.

"It will only be awkward for a second and then all of this torture will be over," Renee said as they continued to pull me.

My eyebrows furrowed. Now that I thought about it, Reece hadn't really made us do anything for the notebook. I mean he had me do his homework and dance at a party, and he showed me how to fight, but those things weren't too bad.

Reece, Carter, and Devon came into view as we stepped outside onto the patio where people sometimes ate lunch. I scrambled for an excuse. "I'm too short for this!"

Oh, Lilah, you poor, pathetic creature, you. 

"Then stand on your tippy toes!" Aria said before they both gave me one big shove in his direction.

I turned to scowl at them but they both just kept waving me forward. I gulped and turned back around. Devon happened to see the whole thing and rose an eyebrow as his lip twitched up in amusement. Carter then looked up and nudged Reece, who turned around to face me.

"Can't get enough of me can you?" Reece said with a casual smirk.

I snorted. "Please, I was dared to do this," I said as a lame cover up for what I was about to do.

"Dared to do wh-" he was cut off when I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him in for a hug. I practically yanked him down to my height. He cleared his throat. "Um, you were dared to hug me?" Reece asked as his hands awkwardly set themselves at my waist. 

Carter's laugh boomed in front of me and Devon just shook his head, a full blown grin covering his face.

"Um, yeah," I said as I reached into his unzipped backpack. I mean really, he should know better. "I have to hug you for at least a minute, so just roll with it," I randomly made up.

His arms now wound completely around me and his mouth came closer to my ear as he whispered. "I've got to admit, I'm enjoying this little Lilah. But you don't have to make up some lie about a dare just to hug me," he said with his usual cockiness. I simply ignored the shaking of my hands as I grabbed the first thing that felt like our notebook. But I noticed too late that it was just a blue composition notebook that I flung backwards over our heads.

"Wrong one," Devon said as he chuckled.

"Wait, what are you-" Reece asked as he started to pull away. So I thought fast and grabbed the next thing and threw it over our heads.

Thankfully, this time, it was our notebook.

I was about to make a run for it, but Reece held me in place as he pulled away. "You-you tricked me," he said in astonishment.

I grinned cheekily at him. "What? You said you enjoyed it," I said innocently before winking and turning to run.

"Oh no you don't," he said as he pulled me back into his chest. 

I struggled, but to no avail. What can I say? I guess my heart just wasn't in it. 

Wow what a lame excuse that was.

"Aria RUN!" I yelled to her as she picked up our notebook. I smiled when Devon didn't move a muscle. Well look who's on our side.

"I'll get it," Carter said as he clapped his hands together. "This will be fun," he said as he practically charged, making Aria scream, drop the notebook and run.

Renee smacked her forehead with the palm of her hand before running out to get it. She picked it up and dashed back into the building, with Carter laughing as he gained on her.

"It's not nice to trick people little Lilah," Reece said in my ear, giving me shivers.

I turned around and smacked him on the chest, as if that did anything. "You punk. Why couldn't you just let us have it?"

He chuckled. "But that would be no fun, now wouldn't it?" 

I rolled my eyes. "This isn't over!" I said before dramatically walking away.

***

As it turns out, Renee did not manage to escape Carter and the notebook was back in Reece's possession. Things became even more strange as I started noticing stares as I walked through the hallways. Mostly from girls. Some where even pointing and whispering.

"Lilah!" Renee called before running up to me and pulling me away from the crowd.

"Why are all of those people staring at me?" I asked.

She sighed. "Just ignore them," she said avoiding my eyes, but not before I could see the knowing look in them.

"Renee, please tell me."

She turned back to me with a grimace. "Apparently Cindy Shafer lives across the street from Reece, and saw your car parked there Saturday night. She also happened to notice how it stayed there all night. And our little 'scene' outside yesterday didn't really help the whole situation."

My eyes nearly bulged. "So basically they think I'm a slut now? That's so stupid," I said angrily. I mean, I didn't care what they thought of me, but the fact that they just jump to conclusions without hearing the whole story first and have the gall to talk about me right in front of them? I mean I was drugged for pete's sake!

"The only reason they are staring and whispering is because they think you and Reece have some sort of fling going on and they are jealous," Renee said as she dragged me to our next class.

"Well they have NOTHING to be jealous about!" I said loudly enough for those girls to hear. Gosh. I hated gossip.

As I turned the corner things just got worse.

I marched right up to Carter and practically screamed, "WHAT HAPPENED?!" 

He winced, and tried to lean away from me on his crutches. "Sheesh, no need to yell."

"Carter! What did you do?! You can NOT have a broken leg right now! You're my dance partner!"

"Sorry, I-"

"What the hell happened to you?" Reece asked as he and Devon joined the group.

"Did a back flip. Landed wrong," Carter said simply while I was slipping into panic mode.

"Will you ask one of your teammates to help me out?" I asked him hopefully.

"Sorry, Lilah. Some of those guys work during the days and now that I can't compete with them they have to do some re-blocking as well."

I sighed, defeated. "I guess I need to withdraw from the competition then."

"No!" Carter objected. "Reece will do it. He'll be your partner."

I turned to Reece hopefully. "You can dance?"

"Not exactly," Reece said as he shot Carter a questioning look. 

"Come on man, just try," Carter said shooting a look back. "You'll be her hero," he said as he batted his eyelashes. 

"Shut up man," Reece said as smacked Carter on the hand.

"Don't worry Lilah. If you want, I can even come and help teach him," he offered.

I nodded, still unsure of the whole thing. "Ok."

"Do I even have a say in this?" Reece asked.

"Nope," Carter answered. "We'll start rehearsing today."

I glanced at Reece, who was starting to look pretty nervous.

Hm. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. I thought as I laughed evilly inside my head. I thought back to the time when he said that dancing was easy. Well Reece, looks like you're going to be on my turf now.

**************

Heavy breathing. Calm down, Lilah. This is no big deal. You weren't like this with Carter. Why was it so hot in here? All of the fans were going? I tried to focus as he caught me in his arms again. 

And there goes my focus. We were both breathing so heavily and we were way behind on the music. Maybe we were both just really distracted.

"Alright, I want to see the connection! Let's do the lift again," Carter suggested. For some reason he looked as if he was enjoying myself.

Reece stood there, looking firm and determined. 

"Um, " I cleared my throat. "Are you ready?" I asked him, and he nodded. So I ran, and jumped and he caught me effortlessly. And then he lowered me so that I was in his arms princess style as he dipped me before throwing me into the air again. When he caught me again, and twirled me around before bringing me back to the floor to come face to face with him, we both just stopped. Panting.

"Phew," Carter said snapping me out of my thoughts. "It got quite steamy in here, didn't it?" he asked as he fanned himself. "Should I leave? Maybe hit the lights on the way out?"

"Are you asking me to kick you in your bad leg?" Reece asked.

"Um, well," I said as I clapped awkwardly. "I'm going to go get some water," I said before exiting.

I quickly went to the bathroom and locked myself inside. My face was beat red, and my hair was a stringy mess. I splashed some water on my face to calm my face down. I looked over my small, sweaty form and lifted an arm to take a whiff. My face contorted in disgust as I put my arm back down. I dabbed my armpits with paper towels and ran another one across my chest.

"Alright," I told myself. "Be cool. It's just a dance," I said before walking out of the bathroom.

When I came back into the studio Carter clapped his hands together. "Alright, I think you've got the lifts and everything down. Now let's work on the turns," he suggested. 

I nodded. "Good idea," I said as I came to stand beside Reece. "Let's see what you've got," I told him.

He scratched his head and looked at his feet. "Um, could you show me first?" he asked as he looked back up at me.

"Sure," I said as I got into position. "You start with your feet like this," I said as I pointed to my feet. "Your arms should start out but then pull them in when you start turning. "Like this," I said before doing the turns. "See? Now you try."

"Ok," he nodded. "Looks easy enough," he said with uncertainty. 

I smirked. "Well then prove it," I challenged. 

He placed his feet awkwardly apart. And attempted to do the turns. Key word being 'attempted'. All in all, he got though about one and a half turn before bouncing a little and falling way out of it. he stumbled sideways a few steps and held his arms out to steady himself. 

"How was that?" he asked.

"Dude, that sucked. Try again," Carter told him.

Reece sent him a scowl before trying again. The same thing happened and he held his head in his hands. "How do you not get dizzy from this?" he asked.

"You have to spot," I told him. "Pick a spot on the wall and keep you're eyes on it for as long as possible. Oh, and don't flail your arms. Or sickle your foot. Keep it pointed," I instructed. 

We made him redo it countless of times ending with the same results each time. It was funny at first, and I enjoyed being able to tease him for once, but after a while I started to get worried.

"Guys, I can't do this," Reece said with frustration after his eleventh try.

Carter tapped his chin. "We're just going to have to change the choreography."

"What? But we won't have time to change the entire dance and perfect it in time!" I said hopelessly. 

"Well our little trainee here is obviously not on our advanced level, so I'm afraid we don't have any other option. I mean, the only thing he can do correctly is catch you, and lift you, thank the Lord," he added on the last part quietly. 

"But-"

"Lilah," Carter interrupted. "I'll figure something out, ok? But remember you still have to hold up your end of our deal," he reminded me.

"What deal?" Reece asked.

"I have to get Renee to go out with him, because he can't do it himself," I explained as Carter stuck his tongue out at me like a child.

Reece laughed. "What? Carter I had no idea you were such a wimp!"

"Shut up Reece! I'm making progress, alright. But at least I actually asked out the girl I like! Unlike SOME people I know!"

Reece shut up and shot Carter a warning look. 

"You like someone?" I asked Reece, curious, but also a little deflated.

"Uh, no," he replied. But the faint blush on his cheeks said otherwise.

"Do I know her?" I asked.

Carter snorted. "Oh, you know her alright."

"Alright, well we'll see you tomorrow. Come on Carter," Reece said as he grabbed their things and helped Carter up.

Carter just chuckled. "So eager," he said before being smacked.

I simply ignored them as I gathered my things as well. 

There were so many things I didn't know about Reece. And there were so many things I wanted to find out. Starting out with who this girl was. Carter said I knew her, and I don't know a lot of people. But he could have just meant that I knew her as in knew of her. It could be just a girl in one of my classes. But that doesn't narrow down anything! 

Wait, why do I care about this?

I don't. Definitely not.

***********************

*Aria's POV* (at the club)

"Um, I'm gonna stay out here and talk to Devon for a while," I told Renee and Lilah hesitantly. "I-if that's ok with you," I said meekly to him. He nodded and I smiled.

Lilah smiled at me. "Alright, we'll catch up with you later," she said as she and Renee headed inside.

Devon tucked his ear buds into his pocket and simply stood there, waiting for me to say something.

"These are really cool," I said as I walked up to the wall. 

"Thanks," he said. "Would you like to try?" he said after a while, holding a can out to me.

"I don't want to ruin your wall," I told him. 

"Well then good thing it's not my wall," he said, still holding out the spray paint.

"Well ok then," I said as I tentatively took the can. I tried to do a starfish, but it sucked butt.

"Oh yes," I said sarcastically. "Look at that masterpiece," I said before holding out the can to him.

Instead of taking it he came closer and put his hand over mine. "Don't use your wrist, the movement has to come from your arm. The strokes will be better," he instructed as he moved my arm and down, pressing my finger down on the nozzle with his. And before I knew it, a beautiful starfish was on the wall. "See?" he asked as he took his hand away.

"Wow," I breathed. "You really are talented."

"So are you. Just not with art," he added with a small smirk. 

I laughed and playfully shoved him. Coming here turned out to be a really good idea.

*********************

*Renee's POV*

I couldn't believe Carter was on stage. I mean, I knew he was a good dancer and all but I had no idea he performed. Why did everywhere I look, Carter was there?

When they took a break, I heard Lilah shout, "Hey Carter! Over here!" she called as she waved him over. I whipped my head around so fast to glare at her I almost gave myself whiplash. Just before I could ask her what the hell she thought she was doing, Carter came over.

"And what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you lovely ladies tonight?" he said with a grin.

"Well for starters, you could teach Renee how to dance," Lilah suggested as if my head wasn't about to explode.

"Excuse me?!" I shouted as I looked at her. Then I noticed the mischievous look in her eyes. Oh she is so dead.

"Well I'm just parched. Better go get some water," she said dramatically.

I took a step toward her. "If you-"

"See you later, bye!" she said before darting off through the crowd. 

I could not believe she just ditched me with this psycho!

"Oh come on, I don't bite," he said as I turned to him, practically fuming. That seemed to happen a lot when I was around him. He just made it worse by adding "Hard."

I scowled and rolled my eyes.

"It's a joke. Sheesh. You know what your problem is?"

"Hmm, let me think," I said dramatically. "You."

"You don't know how to have fun," he said ignoring my previous comment.

I snorted. "I know how to have fun, just not around you."

"Well then why don't we change that? Go out with me."

I laughed. "Is that a question or a command?"

"Come on, just give me a chance."

"No."

"Why not?"

"You're cocky, annoying, and have a bad reputation," I said as I ticked them off my fingers. "Need I go on?"

"Please. At least I'm not completely self absorbed like your precious Sean is. 'Basketball', 'basketball', 'basketball'," he mocked.

I looked at him incredulously. "He's the self absorbed one? You just won't take no for an answer!"

He smirked. "Which is a quality you will come to love about me. Speaking of which, I believe I am supposed to teach you how to dance?"

"No. I do not dance."

"Everyone dances. Come on," he said as he grabbed my waist.

I smacked his hands off of me. "No. I'm really bad at it."

"Alright then, if you really look that bad dancing, then I'll dance bad too so you won't feel awkward or out of place," he suggested. Before I could object he started flailing his arms like a bird. He wore a very serious expression as he started what looked like some strange tribal dance.

And I laughed.

"See? I'm not so bad to be around," he said with a boyish grin. 

"Whatever," I said in between fits of giggles. "But whatever that just was, I am SO not doing."

**********************

Ok, so I UPDATED!! :D Thank you guys so much for all of the support. This past month has been really stressful for me. My grandfather was been in the hospital for two weeks, my aunt was in and out of the hospital, I got sick for an entire week, and then of course I had to study for AP exams.

But anyway. I updated finally! I hope you liked this chapter. It had a little bit of everyone's POVs. Some Reece and Lilah moments thrown in there as well.

So, predicitons? Hopes? 

And WHO NOTICED/LIKED MY ZOMBIE LAND REFERENCE? 'nut up or shut up'? love that movie.

ANYWAY....VOTE, COMMENT. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
824K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
421K 5.5K 11
High school, some people love it, some people hate it. Levi is someone who hates it. She has pretty excellent grades, a good amount a friends but sh...
3K 57 24
"What are you trying to say?" I asked, looking over at him. A small smile playing on my lips. "I'm trying to say that you are perfect the way you are...