8YearsGone(DonatelloxReader)

By The_Bubby

When (y/n) was 7, her and her family lived in the amazing city of New York. However, after learning that (y/n... More

8YearsGone
April
Reunite
When We Were Young
"He's my friend!"
I Found You
Aliens
The Lair
Invasion
Imaginary
SlapHappy Feels
Friday
It Happened Again
Zee Plan
Hospitality
At Least It's Not Me This Time
Rescue
Tests Results
Beyond Ones Control
Confession
Diagnosis
Remember
Yo, She Back
During Those Days
Tools
We Meet Again
Yuh!
LetsaGo
*InsertTitle* (i regret not numbering the chaps.)
NewBookCover!!!! (A/N)
Roof Top
Non.Canon
Welcome Back

New Beginnings

4.2K 120 140
By The_Bubby

-TheNextDay-

The entire day of school, April and Casey would ask me random questions. During lunch, the questions kept coming.

"How did you guys meet?","How old were you?","Has Donnie always been such a nerd?".

I laugh when Casey asked the last question. "Actually, yes, he was also a nerd back then." I snicker and imagine the young Donnie. "So, what was your guy's relationship status like?" asked April. I blush a little and look towards her. "Well, we were just friends. But, you know, I guess he could have been my first crush." I say embarrassingly. "Haha, looks like you got some competition Red." laughs Casey and continues to eat his tacos. April gives a short glare towards Casey and turns back to me. "He's joking." she says and continues to eat. I watch them silently and wonder what they meant. I shrug it off and continue eating my food as well.

------------------------------------------

While walking home with the two, they tell me that they were going to meet the guys at a noodle restaurant. I learn that the owner was actually blind, so having the turtles come out from hiding didn't cause any trouble. "R-really?! That would great!" I exclaim. After exchanging numbers, I head into my apartment building and head upstairs.

Upon entering, I notice my parents were having conversation at the table. "Is something happening?" I say and set my bag down. I enter the kitchen and open the fridge for a snack. "Well, dad has to go on a business trip to England tomorrow. We are discussing if I should go with him for the week." she says. I perk up when I hear that they would be gone for a week. If they both leave, I wouldn't have them worry about me when I go hangout with the guys.

"But, I don't want to leave you here. We haven't even been here for a whole week yet." she says. "Mom, you should go. You have always wanted to go to England." I say and walk back into the room with a glass of milk. "Plus, you know how dad is afraid of flying in planes." I say and take a sip. They laugh and give each other a look.

"Hun, she's old enough to watch herself. And I don't want to spend the entire week in a place I know you would love." my dad says and holds her hand. She sighs and starts to nod. "Okay, I'll go." she says. In my head, I punch the air and silently celebrate to myself.

-----------------------------------------

The next few hours, I helped my mom pack her suit case and listened to her set of rules and what to do incase of emergency. "Oh, and no boys can come over." she says while zipping up her suit case. "Haha, like that would ever happen." I say. "I mean it (y/n). If we come back and some random kid is here, you both better start running." I laugh at my mom's seriousness and check the air. "Got it."

My dad walks in with a phone in hand and looks at his watch. "The plane leaves in 2 hours. We better leave if we want to catch it. (Y/n), there is frozen pizza in the freezer and extra money on the counter. It should be enough for your dinners." he says and walks out.

Before they left, I gave them quick hugs and reassurance that I would be okay. As, I watch them leave in the taxi, I feel my phone vibrate. I look to see April had texted me, saying "Hey (y/n)! April here! Casey and I are on our way to your place, you ready?"

I texted a quick Yes and ran back up to my apartment for a jacket and the extra money. When I came back down, I see April and Casey had just arrived. "Hey guys!" I say. "Hey (y/n), ready to go?" April says. "Yep!"

-------------------------------------------------

The noodle restaurant wasn't so far away from my apartment. Just a couple blocks and a few turns, we ended up at the interesting looking place. "Here we are!" April says and stops at a vending machine. She pushes a button and a token falls out. "You just choose the food you want and the token for your order comes out." April says. I examine it in awe while Casey puts in his order.

After they both walk into the place, I go through the choices on what to get. I start humming and keep looking through the menu until I hear a familiar voice. "I would recommend getting the Pizza Gyoza."

I turn around to see the tall turtle smiling down at me. I smile back and give him a hug. "Donnie!" He laughs a little and hugs me back.

"Awww, you guys are sooo cute." says a voice. I turn to see Mikey cupping his face with his hands and the other two smirking. We both start to blush and pull away from each other. "H-hi." I stutter and see them wave back. I clear my throat and turn back to the machine. "Pizza Gyoza you said?" I say and push the button.

----------------------------------------------------

At the beginning of dinner, I started to take notice about the other turtle's personalities. Leo would be the older brother who acted as the mom, Raph would be the person who would get mad easily, and Mikey would be the funny little brother. I also noticed that the entire place was empty. Except for the owner, who also was the chef. I watch in fascination as the blind Mr.Murakami cooked our food.

"He's pretty cool, huh?" I hear Donnie say. "Yea. Wish I was able to cook something beside frozen meals." I laugh.

"Haha, yea. Hey, are...are you okay?" he asks. I look up at him and nodded. "Yea, I'm good. Why?" I ask. "It's just, back then, you talked a lot. But tonight you have barely said a word." he says.

"Oh...yea. I guess I tried to not talk as much. Learned the hard way that nobody likes a blabber mouth." I sigh and look back at the delicious looking food.

"I liked it." I hear him say.

I look at him in shock and start to blush at his statement. "Hehe, yea right. Haha." I nervously laugh and push him a little. "R-really! I guess, it just gave me a break from thinking all the time. Instead of trying to figure things out in my head with my own little conversations, you were there to help me think about something else. How to get you to stop." he laughs.

"Hey! You may be a ninja, but I will hurt you." I threaten. "I'm kidding. But I do miss the talkative (y/n)." he says. I feel my face heat up more and look away.

"Here you are! Pizza Gyoza!!" says the blind man. He then puts down the dish in front of me and leaves for the other meals. I look at the dumplings and am suddenly surrounded in a delicious smelling aroma. I pick one of the dumplings up with the chop sticks and take a bite. After the first chew, I taste a burst of pizza flavors flood my mouth.

"S-so? How is it?" Donnie asks. After swallowing, I turn to him and look him in the eye.

"That. Was. AMAZING! I can't believe this is real! How can this be? Like, how can that man make such deliciousness and tastiness all in one little dumpling?! I declare this some type of wizardry type magic. That's what it is! Magic!" I say and take another bite.

As I did, I noticed that everyone else was staring at me (well, except Mr.Murakami, who was smiling at my outburst) I swallow my food and sit up strait.

"I apologize for my outburst." I say.

"Haha, there's my old (y/n)!" says Donnie and takes a bite of his food.

-3rd p.o.v.-

As everyone else starts to eat, Mikey scoots closer to Donnie and whispers to him.

"Duuuddee, you just called (y/n) yours." he snickers and scoots away. Donnie then comes to the realization of what he said and starts turning red.

Meanwhile, April is in the back, watching you and Donnie bond. "Woah, Red, you okay? You look upset." says Casey. "What, oh, yea. I'm fine." replies April and goes back to eating.

"Looks like them two are hitting it off. Being away from each other for so long and to finally come back together and still be best friends. I don't know, I'd say it's a match." says Casey taking a bite. April then stands and starts to gather her things after Casey made his statement.

"I have to go. I forgot I had to do something." As she starts to leave Donnie turns towards her. "Oh, well, do you want one of the guys walk you home?" he says. She looks at him with a strait face and a tint of anger in her eyes before saying 'No' and leaves.

"I hope everything is okay." you say watching her leave through the window.

"Y-yea, she's been acting differently lately." Donnie says. After April had left from your view, you turn back around to your food and continue eating.

-------------------------------------------------

-1st p.o.v.-

After paying for dinner, Donnie had told his brother he was going to walk you home.

"Oh, you don't have to. It's not far." I say waving my hands.

"I can't just leave you walking around at night. The city became a lot more dangerous from back when we were younger." he says.

I look away from him to hide my blush and mumble an 'Okay'.

During the walk, we were both silent until I spoke up. "Hey Donnie. Remember the last night we saw each other?" I asks.

"*sigh* Yea." he sadly says .

"Well, what were you going to give me that night?" I ask and look up at him.

"Oh, well. It's embarrassing." he says and chuckles. "C'mon, you gotta show me!" I pleaded. He then starts to blush and look up towards the buildings.

"Okay, I think we are close to it anyways." he says and walks towards an alley. I follow behind and start to wonder where we were going. He then pulls down a ladder on a fire escape and starts to climb. I climb after him and feel my heart beating faster from the excitement.

When I reach the top, I look around to see other roof tops and taller buildings. "Um, so what now?" I ask. Donnie then gets down on one a knee and says. "Get on my back."

"W-what!?" I ask. "C'mon, you want to see, don't you?" he says. I look around again before convincing myself that he would be able to carry me.

I climb onto his back and hold on to his shell. "Ready?" he asks. I look at him confused and asked, "For what?".

Donnie then starts to run towards the edge of the roof and jumps to the next one. I wasn't able to say anything due to how frighten I was, but I finally got the guts to peek one eye open and saw that it wasn't so bad. I laugh a little and lift my head up. "You okay?" he asks while jumping again. "Yea! This is awesome!" I say.

A few minutes has gone by and we finally get to our destination. Donnie puts me down and I look around once again. "This way." he says and walks off to a water tower and starts to climb the ladder. I follow again and climb after him. After reaching the top, I am hit with an amazing view of the city.

The different color lights illuminated the sky above and from where we were, we were able to see the Brooklyn Bridge.

"T-this is beautiful." I whisper. "I was planning on bringing you here that night." Donnie said and sat down. I sit beside him and wonder what would have happened if I wasn't caught.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"For what?" Donnie asks looking towards me.

"For not making sure my parents were asleep. If that hadn't have happened, I would probably would still have lived here. We could have kept in touch. I should have made sure.I'm sorry." I say.

I hadn't noticed that I was crying until Donnie wiped away a tear. He then pulls me into a hug and breathes a sigh. "Don't be sorry (y/n). None of it was your fault." he whispers to me. I hug him back and remember the night when we stayed up all night talking.

"Besides, you're here now. That's all that matters." he says. I nod and pull away from the hug. Wanting to change the subject, I ask about how he much he had grown in the lab coat.

We talked about his inventions and the adventures him and brothers went on the past months. I learned that he actually built a car and I would probably get to see it someday. I also learned about this evil guy named Shredder that has all his mutant henchman and robot aliens after them. Being me, I believed every single word Donnie told me. After a few hours, I remembered that it was a school night and I had to get up early.

Donnie walked me back home, or rather carried me, and wished me a goodnight.

As I watched him leave, I was thinking about how glad I was for hearing Donnie say he didn't feel it was my fault for getting in trouble. And that he didn't blame me for leaving him.

Now I'm happy knowing that we are able to get a second start with each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 117 15
TW: Drugs, suicidal thoughts, mental/emotional abuse, violence, pills, trauma, and such things. As expected. Donatello, a teen in Highschool, is stre...
5.6K 178 12
Not every story ends well. ... Our heros have been doing just fine, Okay on their own and having fun with others' company. But, what will happen..if...
69K 3K 43
"Come back!" She screamed. But the voices only left her farther behind. For months she's waited, never giving up the thought that they'd come for...
127K 4.3K 22
After dying a painful death, you get transported to the TMNT 2012 universe. What could possibly go wrong? Everything. The answer is everything. I hav...