Falling Hard - A One Directio...

By CadieCarstairs

What happens when you fall – hard – for a girl who can’t stand you – or your music? Well, Zayn Malik’s about... More

Falling Hard - A One Direction Fanfic
Falling Hard - Chapter 2
Falling Hard - Chapter 3
Falling Hard - Chapter 4
Falling Hard - Chapter 5
Falling Hard - Chapter 6
Falling Hard - Chapter 7
Falling Hard - Chapter 8
Falling Hard - Chapter 9
Falling Hard - Chapter 10
Falling Hard - Chapter 11
Falling Hard - Chapter 12
Falling Hard - Chapter 13
Falling Hard - Chapter 14
Falling Hard - Chapter 15
Falling Hard - Chapter 16
Falling Hard - Chapter 17
Falling Hard - Chapter 18
Falling Hard - Chapter 19
Falling Hard - Chapter 20
Falling Hard - Chapter 21
Falling Hard - Chapter 22
Falling Hard - Chapter 23
Falling Hard - Chapter 24
Falling Hard - Chapter 25
Falling Hard - Chapter 26
Falling Hard - Chapter 27
Falling Hard - Chapter 28
Falling Hard - Chapter 29
Falling Hard - Chapter 30
Falling Hard - Chapter 32
Falling Hard - Chapter 33
Falling Hard - Chapter 34
Falling Hard - Chapter 35 - The End

Falling Hard - Chapter 31

2.1K 16 2
By CadieCarstairs

Chapter 31

                *Katelyn’s POV*

I haul myself up from my laying position and rub my eyes, ridding them of sleep and adjusting my vision so I could see straight. I look around groggily, and with a jolt I realize I’m not in my room – AGAIN!

                I was in a different bed, AGAIN!

                Ugh… What happened las – Zayn. I think as I glance over at a mess of black hair splayed over a pillow. It was obvious that it was Zayn. I don’t know anyone else with black hair.

                Leaning over on my elbows, careful not to disturb him, I poke his cheek lightly and whisper, “Zayn?”  When I get no answer, I swat his ear and say louder this time, “Zayn – flacking – Malik! Explain why this is the second time in less than a week that I’ve woken up next to you with no memory of the night before.”

                Zayn groans and throws a pillow at me. “I went on a walk, and I was sitting against a tree when I heard a scream and some strangled noises.” He picked himself up on his elbows, and ruffled his hair carefully. “I ran to see what it was, and it turns out you shrieked in your sleep… In the middle of a field… Which, quite frankly, I still don’t understand, but moving on…

                “I carried you back to the apartment plaza, and when I knocked on your door, no one answered. So, once again, I brought you back here, and you slept on my chest most of the night – you only moved over about two hours ago.” Zayn rubs his eyes and groans again.

                “Why don’t I recogni –”                

                “The room? Because Niall took over mine last night – he fell asleep, and the boy looked so comfortable I didn’t want to move him.” Zayn states, “So we’re currently in his room because, well, it was the last room by default.”

                I blink as the memories come flooding back. I went for a walk, I had a very real flashback, I dropped to the ground and broke down, I decided to not let myself fall for Zayn, I lied down, I must have fallen asleep because I remember a dream…

                Zayn and I were walking hand in hand to…somewhere, I honestly can’t remember… and he stopped suddenly and took my face in his hands…kissing me like he used to. Pulling away, he had looked me in the eyes and made an entire speech about how much he loved me, and how I chose to ignore it or couldn’t see it…and that he would love me forever… I was his only…

                Was that re – NO IT CAN’T BE REALITY! Don’t think like that Katelyn. It was a dream, a stupid, crazy, insane dream that could never have happened in real life… But what if he ha – DID I NOT SAY STOP?!

                “Katie?” Zayn interrupts my crazy thoughts and continues, “What can’t be reality?” 

                CRAP I SAID THAT ALL OUT LOUD! Oh my gosh… I need to stop doing that… Remember Addy? Ugh… “Uh… Nothing, don’t worry about it. And thank you, for carrying me home, I would have been really disoriented if you hadn’t…”

                Zayn smiles and my heart stops as he kisses my cheek lightly. “Don’t worry about it. I didn’t want you to be cold… Can I have my varsity jacket back now?” I glance down and am surprised to see a black and white jacket on me. I shrug it off and hand it to him. “Thanks.”

                “You gave me…”

                “My jacket? Yeah, you were shivering like crazy last night. So I put it on you before I picked you up.” Zayn answers smoothly.

                “Stop answering me before I finish my question! Meanie!” I poke my tongue out at him, and he returns it in a totally mature manner, if you catch my drift. “Thank you… Again, for bringing me home… I really, really appreciate it.”

                Zayn smiles – AGAIN, and touches my cheek lightly, “It was no problem. You’re really not that heavy, and you sleep so quietly. I swear, you don’t snore, or anything!”

                I blush a little, and then wipe the growing red from my face, NO FALLING FOR HIM, REMEMBER YOUR PROMISE LAST NIGHT? “Hah, thank you? I think.” I start to get up but Zayn grabs my hand and keeps me down, “Please stay… I want to go back to sleep but I can’t do it without another person beside me… I also like this ‘us’ time. It’s so nice.”

                “Uhm… As long as you buy me dinner tonight..?” I prod, hoping he will… I can’t afford it, but I also kind of like us hanging out alone, as friends.

                Zayn smiles and nods slightly, “It’s a deal, Miss Wright.” He pats the spot next to him and opens his arms, “Now come here. I need sleep.” I smirk and climb into his open arms and he immediately wraps them around my waist and holds me close to him. I have to admit, it was pretty goddamned comfortable, and before I knew it, I was drifting off while Zayn’s breath lingered on my neck.

                *Ashley POV* (PAY ATTENTION, THIS ONE’S IMORTANT PEOPLE!)

                AH! There we go, finally finished. I think as I plaster my final ‘Free Swim’ flyer to the directions and Kate/Addy’s doors. As soon as the boys see them, they’ll drag Katelyn with them, despite how much she hates it, and how she can’t swim.

                Now, all I have to do is be there at three o’clock and wait for them too show. Katelyn’s going down – literally.

                (A/N OKAY! Maybe not THAT important….)

                *Katelyn’s POV*

                “OI!” An Irish voice woke my sleeping state, “GET OUT OF MY BED! I need to change!” Oh. I forgot I was in Niall’s room. “BY THE WAY, the other boys, Addy and I are going swimming if you guys want to come.”

                I tense up right then and there. I can’t swim. I’m afraid just to be in water… What if I drown…? What if I die? There are too many things that I don’t even want to think about. I’ll sit on the edge and dangle my feet, but I will not – repeat not – go in the water itself.

                “I – uh –” I stutter hopelessly. I flinch like mad when Zayn sits up and says, “We’ll go. But I’m not going in!” Oh thank god! I’m not a loner!

                Niall shrugs and then shoos us out. “You won’t go in, Zayn?” I ask him as he and I walk to his room.

                Zayn tenses next to me, and then stutters, “I – uh – am afraid to go in…” My eyes widen, and I give him a look. “What?! It’s not that insane… Is it? It’s not THAT irrational to be afraid of water… I just don’t li –”

                “Zayn, shut up, and let me explain.” He nods and continues walking, looking at me intensely. “I was looking at you like that because I am too. HIGH FIVE. We can be loners together!” I hold out my hand and Zayn slaps it.

                He smiles again and then stops in front of his door. “If I’m going to get into my swim bottoms, I suggest you leave.” I blush wildly, apologize and then walk out the door to head back to my apartment, where I’m unsurprised to see Addy, already changed, eating a gigantic sandwich.

                “GERT CSHANGEN KAIEE!” Addy tells me with her mouth full of sandwich. I throw her a disgusted look, she swallows and smiles sheepishly, “Sorry, get changed! We’re going to the pool! You don’t have to go in, like I know you won’t… BUT COME!”

                “I’m coming, Addy, your boyfriend already told me.”

                Addy smirks and says, “Atta boy.”

                I roll my eyes and walk to my bedroom, pulling out my two piece tankini. I hate bikini’s because… I don’t like showing off my stomach. It makes me uncomfortable. Tankini’s are PERFECT! I throw on my sort of plaid, sort of just random lines, blue, black and white one, and a pair of three quarters plus an oversized top, considering it was nearly October.

~~

Chilling beside the pool is fun, watching people have fun while they splash about is fun too. Niall was in the water rushing around trying to catch Harry before he got to the other end of the pool.

Some random girls were giggling and pointing at the incredibly attractive boys in the local pool. I roll my eyes at their inability to avoid looking at them.

Liam was sunbathing with Addison, and the boys had paid the lifeguard to leave because they were excellent swimmers... everyone except Zayn. Zayn couldn't swim, like me, and I felt for him. It looks so fun.

Zayn was splashing his legs around in the pool while sitting on the deck. I lifted myself up from my lounge chair, and walked over to sit next to him.

                “Hey.” I smile at his little jerk to the side.

“Hey, Katie Bear.” He replies, smirking evilly at his attempt to get back at me. I groan and swat his arm playfully. "No. No Katie Bear! That was Ad - ADDISON WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TELL MY DADS NICKNAME FOR ME, MEANIE!"

I swivel to look at Addison who's laughing and rubbing her hands in an evil gesture. "BECAUSE I WANTED TO! And I only told Nialler! He told the rest of them! Be mad at Niall! Not me Katie!"

My friends are so stupid sometimes but, I gotta love them! I turn back around to look at Zayn who still has a smirk plastered on his face. "WIPE THE SMIRK OFF YOUR DAMN FACE OR I WILL DO IT FOR YOU, MR. MALIK!"

Zayn puts his hands up in protest and I giggle more. "You wouldn't hurt me, Katie, I know you." Zayn informs me.

I sigh and lean against his arm, "I know I wouldn't, I'm too nice."

Zayn laughs and it reverberates through his body so I can feel it. "You truly are, Katie, too nice." Zayn shakes his arm and I frown up at him. "Move I need to get up." He smiles back.

"Fine." I grumble. "But wherever you're going bring me back a Diet Coke!"

Zayn just chuckles, continuing walking. I kick my legs through the water, creating waves. It was entertaining.

Everyone was out of the pool, and was either sleeping, eating or talking, but I remained, calmed by the cool water slipping over my feet.

Closing my eyes, I inhaled the smell of chlorine and boy's cologne. It was even more calming.

I stayed there for who knows how long. But I'm jerked awake when someone bumps into me. Like, bumps into me hard enough for me to go flying into the water.

I shriek loudly and flail my arms around, kicking my feet, trying for dear life to stay above water. But I lose it after a couple minutes.

The last thing I remember is seeing the boys and Addy wide eyed at the pools edge, before I slip into unconsciousness, falling to the pools bottom floor.

AUTHORS NOTE:

OMG KATIE.

I’m sorry! D:

Chapter 32 up in a couple days! Got ideas.

I’m sad! :( THIS IS COMING TO AN END :( NO NO NO! I’m so upset.

-Cadie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 134 14
When Harry's longtime boyfriend Louis gets kidnapped Harry will stop at nothing to get him back. He's nearly nothing to go on but when he gets an une...
885 44 31
Why is it when you fuck every girl and don't feel anything? and when Zayn Malik see's a blonde guy with blue eyes he wants the same from him, but not...
71.3K 1.8K 26
When Niall Horan and Zayn Malik are paired up for a school field trip, Niall thinks it's some form of punishment. Of all people to get paired with, h...
55.9K 1.6K 38
[COMPLETED] Liam Payne and Niall Horan of One Direction are best mates, anyone can see that, but is something between them hidden? Louis Tomlinson ha...