Coming to a different world...

By SilverK004

The 17-year-old Toru Kakazu gets bullied every day at school. One day, a magic circle appears in his classro... More

Chapter 1 - Transported to another world
Chapter 2 - The useless one
Chapter 3+4
Chapter 5 - Silverhorn (I)
Chapter 6 - Silverhorn (II)
Chapter 7 - Demon
Chapter 8 - Ogre Village
Chapter 9 - Ogre King
Chapter 10 - Demi-God
Chapter 11 - The Girl in the Dungeon
Chapter 12 - Companion
Chapter 13 - Wrath
Chapter 14 - Dragon
Chapter 15 - Floor 99
Chapter 16 - Will you
Chapter 17 - Question
Chapter 18 - Exit
Chapter 19 - Exit (2)
Chapter 20 - Calluado
Chapter 21 - Calluado (2)
Chapter 22 - Calluado (3)
Chapter 23 - Calluado (4)
Chapter 24 - Invitation
Chapter 25- Maria
Chapter 26 - Maria (2)
Chapter 27- Premonition
Chapter 28 - Party
Chapter 29- Royal Problems
Chapter 30- Emergency
Chapter 31- Beast Horde
Chapter 32 - Seven Sin Commander
Chapter 33 - Return of a spider
Chapter 34 - Don't bother us
Chapter 35 - Tooruuu~
Chapter 36 - Red Skull (1)
Chapter 37 - Red Skull (2)
Chapter 38 - Hiruyis' punch
Chapter 39 - It's alright I guess
Chapter 40 - They're just animals, no? (1)
Chapter 41 - They're just animals, no? (2)
Chapter 42 - They're just animals, no? (3)
Chapter 43 - They're just animals, no? (4)
Chapter 44 - White fluff
Chapter 45 - White Fluff (2)
Chapter 46 - The Warrior, the Assassin & the Mediator
Chapter 47 - Siracte
Chapter 48 - Myhn
Chapter 49 - Kita
Chapter 51 - Departure
Chapter 52 - Encampment (I)
Chapter 53 - Encampment (II)
Character List
Chapter 54: Encampment (III)
Chapter 55 - Sunrise
Chapter 56 - One of the Seven (I)
Chapter 57 - One of the Seven (II)
Chapter 58 - One of the Seven (III)
Chapter 59 - Second (I)
Chapter 60 - Second (II)
Chapter 61 - Him
Chapter 62 - Zent
Chapter 63 - Plans

Chapter 50 - Back-up

23.6K 878 218
By SilverK004

I managed to finish writing this chap, though it's a bit short... Once again, sorry for the delay...

I'll try to write some more chapters soon... gambatte!

_____________________________________

*Leitch's POV*:

'Shit!'

As I glanced at my Status bar while retreating for a second, I saw my mana was almost depleted. My mana recovery potions were also all used up.

I could feel despair creeping up as I watched how an endless stream of horrid creatures flooded the Sophitirian army despite us having already fought for several weeks without rest. If one could rest for an hour every two days, one could be deemed lucky.

"Leitch, are you okay?"

A tired voice came from my flank. The heavily muscled Ono looked at me with worry in his eyes. 'Oh yeah', I remembered,' I got to continue.'

I magically managed to smile although it'd been days since I slept.

"Yeah, no problem, let's get going!"

I had to do this. Every single soldier believed I was a chosen soldier or something, sent to guide them to victory. But I wasn't. Yet, I couldn't show them how fed up I was with all this f*cking war stuff, or how tired I was. I couldn't. Or everyone might get demoralised and end up killed.

'I can't believe I thought it was going to be easy in the past...'

Yeah, that good old past...

_________________________________

"Leitch... why do you have to be such a disappointment?"

"..."

I couldn't speak. Tears trickled down my cheeks. My tongue felt numb, my body paralyzed.

"Leitch, why can't you be more like your sister?"

"Leitch, why do you never try your best?"

"Leitch, do as you're told for once!"

"Come on Leitch, this isn't that hard?!"

"Leitch, you got to improve..."

"Leitch..."

"Leitch"

I was never able to do things right. I was slower than others my age, wasn't as smart, had troubles behaving...

When I was small, I had always dreamt to be someone people could look up to. Someone who'd achieved something. But that never happened. I was always one of the last, one of the worst... The only friends I had were Ono and Luhan, because they were even slower and more stupid than I was.

As I had always been inferior, and my parents reminded me constantly by pointing out my flawless sister, everyone always became mad on me. And I hated it. I didn't know who I should be to be the dream-version of myself.

Then, one day, I found this lonely guy in class. I didn't know why, but I asked him for money. As he didn't want to give it, I hit him. And so I started bullying others.

Only when I see others crawl on the ground in pain, or when they lower their head for me do I feel like I mean something. Like my life has value. The feeling of being in control of others...

I feel sorry for them. Sorry they had to meet an obnoxious guy like myself who needs to f*ck up other's lives to feel alive. Yet, as much I don't want to do it, I have to do it. The feeling... is so addicting. The times when I manage to let others hit rock-bottom, feel like sh*t... those times, I feel superior. Only then. Only... then.

______________________________________________________________

"Leitch"

"Leitch!"

"What?"

As I was focused on battling the two ogres in front of me, at first I didn't hear the voice calling my name.

"I got some good news"

Magic that let one communicate telepathically with others. As it was a rare magic, only the head of Intelligence in the Sophitirian Army could use it. Its only draw-back was its really high mana cost, making it only suitable for really important messages to be sent.

"Spit it out"

As I was still battling, I didn't have much time to be chatting.

"In approximately three weeks, back-up will come"

"Back-up? Wasn't everyone already mobilized?"

About two months ago, everyone from B-rank adventurers and up, but also everyone who had once served in the army was obligated to help fight back the demon army.

"They were, but these guys are different apparently"

"That doesn't matter. Enough weirdos here to be complaining. More importantly, are they strong?"

"About that... from what I've heard they're extraordinarily strong, over SS-rank. I don't know if I can believe it though..."

"What?! Over double S? You sure?"

I was one of the strongest heroes in the entire Sophitirian empire, and I was barely SS-rank. But if a couple appeared, the flow of battle could drastically change...

"As I said, it isn't confirmed. Still, hold on over there"

"Yeah, hold on..."

"My mana is almost used up now. I have to go. Stay alive"

"Same for you"

At once, the strange voice in my head disappeared and the newly created free space was immediately filled up by the image of a new flock of Storneon, gigantic birds with large steel beaks, approaching from the distance.

"Mages, Ice Barrier to the Northeast to the Stors, Flame Circle about 150 meters West to the group of orcs approaching!!"

Yeah... I have to stay alive. I got people to be strong for.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

660K 24.9K 30
Going by the name of Olivia Aim - a 22-year-old woman. She was an orphan and had been living in the slums, often killing and stealing to survive. Sh...
111 8 1
--A demon shrieked and leaped on top of him. Blacktooth pulled out his knife and slashed at the huge clawed hands scraping his shoulders. The demon l...
13 4 52
When Zalan falls asleep to escape the pain of his relationship with his mother, he awakens in a vivid fantasy world teeming with Elementals, deadly m...
11.9K 252 41
Thomas Hawthorne is a forty-year-old former navy seal, mixed martial arts fighter, and foreman at a construction company. After his parents' untimely...