Superheroing 101

By Amgeek

"Man Castello You are really out of breath." Irene laughed. "That's cause you took my breath away." I smiled... More

Chapter 1: Castello
Chapter 2: Richie
Chapter 3: Venus
Chapter 4: Clone
Chapter 5: Alena
Chapter 6: Late Night Kisses
Chapter 7: Mom
Chapter 8: Evil
Chapter 9: Tutor
Chapter 10: Smart
Chapter 12: Exposed
Chapter 13: Eneas
Chapter 14: Investigating
Chapter 15: Stones
Chapter 16: Exposed Part II
Chapter 17: Threat
Chapter 18: Time to be a Big Boy
Chapter 19: Trade
Chapter 20: Hospital Bed
Chapter 21: Energy Ball
Chapter 22: Finally...
Chapter 23: Epilogue

Chapter 11: Kidnapped

12 1 14
By Amgeek

I floated down towards the empty park. Venus was swinging pretty fast. She was thinking.

"Good evening." I said.

Her head turned and she tried to stop. But her feet barley hit the ground. I helped her stop and sat next to her.

"How have you been?"

"It's been fine with the bruises. Since I fight alot no one seems to care." She said quietly.

"Oh I don't believe that."

"Just like you didn't believe me when I said I wasn't the villain right?" She hissed.

"I-"

"Why do you choose her over me. Is it because she's prettier? Is it because she has more money?" Venus muttered.

"What?"

"It isn't hard to tell who you are, Zach. That mask, at best, is only hiding your eyebrows."

My heart dropped. "Who's that?"

"You knew my locker combination. To put the note in my backpack. Only 1 person knows and that one person told me you asked him."

Dammit Andre.

"Don't tell anyone."

"I'm not a dick. Unlike you."

"Venus I'm sorry......" I pulled off my mask and frowned.

"Sorry doesn't fix my body after you pushed me into a wall."

"Let's talk about something else then."

"Fine." She said sharply.

"Why did you mention Alena?"

"Because....." She mumbled.

"Venus."

"It's hard to see a friend with a witch. She isn't who she said she was."

"I haven't yet seen her bad side."

She started laughing hysterically. "Oh my god!"

"Did I-"

"Why do you love her so fucking much?"

"Venus I-"

"She's mean to you. Shes controlling and you allow her to do everything and anything."

"Venus I'm not-"

"Stop just stop talking. I'm trying.... I've been trying to help you and you want to be naive."

"Venus you-"

"Stop TALKING." She got up and wiped her eyes. Her arms started clentching as she snapped. "I want what's best for you and you dismiss it for a pretty face with money. I've been protecting you guys and you have been such a pain in m-"

I got up and held her arms. She started to cry into my chest. "She's going to take you and kill you." She muttered.

"I know you know what's best for me, but I can make my own choices. I'll be safe."

"What about the rest of us?" She sighed calming down. "Will we be safe?."

"You were right. She was controlling me. This needs to stop."

I walked her back home. I talked and she listened and smiled at my crappy jokes. "Venus."

I caught her before she went inside.

"Thank you. Like seriously thank you. I'm in your debt." I smiled

She ran back up to me and planted a kiss on my cheek. She was on her tip toes and still had me bending over. She looked me in the eyes for so long.

"I forgive you. Just don't do stupid shit again." She returned to the door and went inside.

I watched her wave from the window and I waved back. I shot off to see my favorite night time girl.

-------------

I sat on the tower hoping to find the purple light Clone gives off when she jumps. I frowned. I was banking on hanging out with her.

I got a call from my burner phone. "Callesto" she whispered.

"Hey babe." I bit my lip hoping she doesn't kill me.

"I've been taken by Richie..... The phone should tell you my coordinates."

"Wow you need my help? The clones aren't working."

"They have me behind a field and are setting up the machine that takes the power out of me." Her voice cracked. She was scared. "I have to go. I'll explain everything when you get here."

Terrified. Paranoid.

"Don't worry I'll be there in a few seconds ok?"

"Why hello princess." I heard a faint raspy voice

"I gotta go." She whispered hanging up. I pulled up her location and headed straight for my damsel in distress
------

I looked at a dark warehouse and mumbled. "It says she's right here."  I looked around for openings. No doors or windows.... I charged up and shot a blast straight through the wall.

I continued to search around for other hidden door ways.

I heard foot steps. "It's ok Castello." A girl walked out.

Clone walked out a little shaken up. "Are you alright?" I asked.

"I am. Just a few cuts." She grabbed my hand. "Lets go before he comes."

I didnt trust this. I looked back at the house. Clone came closer to me and pulled up her mask to reveal a sincere smile.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Why don't you just take me home and I'll give you a reward." She traced my chest. I put my finger to my nose. I tapped it a few times.

"I'd love that." I smiled. The imposter looked accomplished. I jabbed her in the chest and walked into the direction she came from. Quickly enough I found stairs. I bolted down and tried my GPS again.

I found a door. I heard talking and the gps pinging me to head there. I kicked down the door. "Alright wheres my girl." I yelled.

It was empty......

I walked around. I looked the gps and followed it to a wall. "Clone.... I'm sorry."

I hit the wall in defeat. My ears twitched at the sound of some heavy set guy walking towards me. I looked around once more and found a small projector.

I smashed it and turn to see Richie. Much bigger than he usually was. Like holy shit. "What's up Castello." He laughed Clone was behind him on the floor. She was unconscious

"Don't talk to me." I put my hand up. I took steps towards Clone and busted the lock on her cell.

I picked her up and grabbed her hand. Her light and mine intertwined. I aimed towards Richie and his equipment. I shot everything. I finished with Richie on the floor in pieces.

Richie's pieces laughed as they escaped through the vents. I thought I'd be fighting a whole army. Disappointing.

-----

I sat on top of a parking garage with Clone in my arms waiting for her to wake the hell up. It's been an hour and I'm beginning to think shes dead. "I'm sorry....." I sighed

"For what?" She mumbled.

I smiled and huged her tighter. "For being late."

"Better late than never."

"How did you get kidnapped."

"I was changing outside and wasn't paying attention. I didn't hear Richie behind me. I swear this is happening way too often."

"Why were you unconscious?"

"Because he hit me pretty hard when he found out I called you. I have a bruise and everything." She lifted her mask and tapped her face.  Everything below her nose was exposed. She moved from my grasp to show me clearly. There wasn't much light so I used my powers to illuminate. With my right hand I touched her bruise. Her skin had a darker complexion than mine but it was still lighter than the purple bruise on her cheek.

"I should have actually kicked his ass then." I smiled.

She froze up. I heard her breath slow down but her heart speed up. I looked at her through her mask. I couldn't really see where she was looking .

"Does it hurt?"

"No." She whispered. "I'm fine."

She leaned in close and I subconsciously followed. I could feel her exhale from her nose as I made the move to kiss her. My left hand's light turned off and I put my hand on the ground to support myself from falling in her direction. We separated an sat back

I was star stricken. I didn't know how to react. She sat with the same reaction. Her mask wasn't down. "Wow I-"

"No." She snapped. "Don't ruin it." She always had the right judgement call. We both went in again to continue what we started.

God.... It was a really good kiss.......

On a school night......Ooooo I'm such a bad boy.

--------------
I woke up with her on my lap and her head on my shoulder at the corner of the balcony with people staring at us. "Look that's her. Poor thing." The sun was barely coming up. I still have time before Dad notices I'm missing.

Thank god our masks are on. She was sleeping peacefully which prevented me from moving

We slept the night. "Wake up wake up." I muttered.

"I'm up." She blinked a few times.  She stretched. She tried to stand. She held her hand up hoping I'd help her out. I picked her up like the kid she is and wrapped her legs around my waist. She quietly put her head on my shoulder and crept back to sleep.

"Hey Callesto, when are you showing your identity?" A woman asked tugging my shoe. She was in a security guard outfit

"I don't ever plan on it."

"So why did little-"

"I gotta go you guys. I have to get her breakfast and back home." I charged and shot off.

Why would people just randomly ask a question like that?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Shift By sammykitkatcat

Science Fiction

125K 8K 29
Shift is a supervillain. She considers herself evil, but her villainy is put to the test when a bird with a broken wing shows up at her front door. T...
87.6K 3.7K 21
{Original Story} Phoenix Anderson wants nothing to do with the League of Superheroes. He's not sure why he's avoiding the good guys, but then again...
37.6K 3K 37
Jay West and his friends are all alone. Stuck in a world without superhumans, they try to adjust to living as regular people. But soon, that task ma...
127K 7.6K 45
Jay West used to be an ordinary guy, hanging out with his friends, worrying about college, and having teenage problems. Then, on his sixteenth birthd...