8YearsGone(DonatelloxReader)

By The_Bubby

When (y/n) was 7, her and her family lived in the amazing city of New York. However, after learning that (y/n... More

8YearsGone
April
Reunite
"He's my friend!"
I Found You
New Beginnings
Aliens
The Lair
Invasion
Imaginary
SlapHappy Feels
Friday
It Happened Again
Zee Plan
Hospitality
At Least It's Not Me This Time
Rescue
Tests Results
Beyond Ones Control
Confession
Diagnosis
Remember
Yo, She Back
During Those Days
Tools
We Meet Again
Yuh!
LetsaGo
*InsertTitle* (i regret not numbering the chaps.)
NewBookCover!!!! (A/N)
Roof Top
Non.Canon
Welcome Back

When We Were Young

3.9K 123 52
By The_Bubby

(Interesting facts about 7 year old (y/n)).

-She is not afraid to speak her mind or ask sensitive questions/talks a lot, like, a lot

-She is quite adventurous/curious

-She is an only child yet somehow knows how to get a baby to stop crying

---------------------------------------------------------

-8YearsAgo-
"Goodnight (y/n). Sweet dreams." My parents say and close my door. As they left me in the dark, I turn my head to look out the window. My room had the perfect view of the city. I could feel my eye lids getting heavier until I heard a crash come in from outside. Being my curious self, I got up and hoped it would be a stray cat. Lifting my window and climbing outside onto the fire escape, I look down to find the cat.

"Ahh,there you are. Kitty kitty kitty." I whispered. I failed to get it's attention since the cat seemed to be walking towards something. I looked to see where is was headed and saw a small shadow huddled in the corner. Trying to focus my eyes in the dark, I hear the shadow whimper.

'Oh no, they're scared!' I then quickly lower the ladder and climb down into the alleyway. As I stepped closer to the shadow, they freeze and are suddenly quiet. "What's wrong?" I asked. After no answer, I picked up the stray and petted it. "It's okay, we won't hurt you. Are you alright?"

"Umm...yes." I hear. He sounded like a boy. I step a little closer to get a good view of him until he says. "Don't come n-near me." As he said that, I sat right down where I was. I watch him for a few moments, until I realized he had really pretty reddish brown eye color. Wanting to know more about him, I started to ask questions. "What's your name? My name is (y/n). Nice to meet you." I said, holding my hand out. I see the boy shuffle around a little until he eventually shook my hand. "D-Donnie."

I realized his hand wasn't normal. Instead of 5 fingers, there were 3. Wanting to be able to see him more, I pulled onto his hand to where he fell into the light. I gasped when I saw he wasn't normal. There was a shell on his back and his whole body was green. I stood up quickly and backed away. But as I did so, he looked up at me with teary scared eyes. "I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean to be s-so rough." I apologized. The cat wriggled in my arms and jumped down to get nearer to Donnie. "Ah!" Donnie screamed and backed away from the cat. "Oh! You're scared of the cat? He won't hurt you. Here, I'll help." I say and shoo off the grey animal.

I watch the cat run off into the quiet street and look back to Donnie. He pulled himself into a small ball and wasn't moving. "A-aren't you s-scared of me?" he asked. I giggled at the thought of the small green turtle boy trying to scare someone. "No. I'm not scared of anything. Last year during Halloween, I walked through the whole haunted house by myself and did not once get scared." I said triumphantly. He looked up in amazement and blushed. "Huh? What's wrong? Are you cold? Wait here, I'll be back." I said and ran back to the ladder.

When I came back to give Donnie the blanket, he had already left.

-Time Skip-

A few days have past since I had last seen Donnie. I never told my parents about it since I knew they would freak out, so I kept him as my little secret.

As I was getting ready for bed one night, I looked out my window hoping to see Donnie again. But to no avail, he wasn't there. "Hmph. Fine. If he won't come back, then I'll find him." I said. I prepared my bag and waited until my parents were asleep. Once I was sure they were, I got ready by putting on regular clothes and shoes, then left my room by climbing out the fire escape.

My first decision was to follow the road towards the park. While I hummed a little theme song to make the journey more fun,  I ended up at the park. 'Maybe he is hiding here.' I thought and headed towards some bushes. As I whispered Donnie's name, I heard someone muttering to themselves closer to the play ground. 'Oh no, I hope its not a hobo.' I thought.

I peaked around the bushes and saw what I was looking for. "Donnie!" I yelled. The young turtle got startled and jumped behind the slide. "Hey! Why did you leave when I told you to stay?" I pouted and marched over to him. "Your not a very good friend." I continued whining. "He peeked over the slide and stood. "I-i'm sorry." he apologized. "I'm not supposed to t-talk to people." he said sadly. "Is it because you look like that?" I simply ask. As his face reddens, he looks down at the ground sadly.

"It's okay. It'll be our little secret." I say. "Hey wanna play?" I ask and run towards the swings. "U-um, actually, I was trying to l-look for something..." he quietly says. "Oh, then i'll help! What did you lose and where did you lose it?"

"It was a screwdriver..." he says. I look at him confusingly and wonder why he wants to find a tool.  "Oh, well, we can retrace your steps. We'll for sure find it. If you haven't heard, I'm an expert at hide and seek. You'll never find me and i'll always find you. Like I did just know!" I squealed. "Y-you were looking for me?" he asked with a surprising voice. "Yea, you seemed very interesting. I thought you'd come back, so I kept the blanket I was going to give you, which is by the way in my bag, by my window every night just incase. But then you never showed up. So I got frustrated and was like, 'Hmph. Fine. If he won't come back, then i'll find him!', which is exactly what I said. So I set out into the night. Just one girl in new York City looking for the mysterious boy she met a few nights before. And here we are, I found you." I laugh. I looked towards him and notice him staring at me with a blush on his face. "Sorry, I tend to ramble a lot. My parents usually give me signals to stop talking." I say embarrassed.

I look back up at him and see a smile tug on his face, then suddenly he starts laughing. It was my turn to have the blush on my face. His laugh was adorable, plus to see the gap in his teeth that I didn't notice the other night added extra cuteness points. Shaking away the weird feeling, I stood up strait and acted as normal as possible. "K, now back to work. Let's find that screw driver." He stops laughing and nods.

Throughout the whole night, we retraced his steps until we finally ended up into an alleyway. "That is everywhere I have been." Donnie says sadly. I felt bad for not being any help, so I decided on something. "Hey. Cheer up. Follow me!" I say and run back to my place.

I reach for the ladder leading up to my room and start climbing. When I notice Donnie wasn't following, I look back. "What's wrong? C'mon! We won't get in trouble." I say and start climbing again. When I reach my window, I look back to see Donnie finally climbing up the ladder.

"Took you long enough." I tease and jump into my room. "Wait here." I command and set him down on my bed. "I mean it. If I come back and you're gone again, i'll find you." I growl. He looks up at me nervously and gulps. "Hehe. Kidding. But seriously, imma be mad if you do leave." I say and walk out. I walk out into the hallway and opened up the closet door where we kept all my dad's things. I pulled out the tool chest and lunged it back to my room. I come back to see Donnie examining all my things on my dresser. "Oh, that's a picture of my family and I when we went to the statue of liberty. Hey, you know what you have in common with her, you're both green! Hahaha, haaa, I crack my self up." I say and throw the heavy chest onto my bed. "Here, take your pick." I say and open up the box.

As I watch his expression grow from happy to excited, I feel relieved that my plan had worked. "Do you mean it? I can have one of these?" Donnie asks. "Sure! Heck, take it all. I don't know why my dad has all this. I have never once seen him hold a hammer."

"Hmm, i'll just have two." he says and grabs the two different screwdrivers. "Good choice. Wait, I have another idea." I say and go to my drawers. Just as I remembered, I put the old bright green duck tape in there. "Here, we'll wrap this around it so you will be able to see it better."

I look back up to him and noticed tears coming from his eyes. "Thank you." he says. Another blush forms on my face when I see his shiny eyes in the moonlight. "Uh. Y-yea! Well, I guess you are all set." I say in a panicky voice. "It's getting pretty late, maybe we can play another night. What do you say, Donnie?" I ask. He nods his head and smiles. "Yea. I'd like that."

Just before Donnie was about to leave, he stopped and looked up at me. "You know, The Statue of Liberty wasn't always green. She was first the color of copper but turned green due to patination." he said. "Really?! I never knew that! You're so smart!" I say. He smiles and starts heading down the ladder. 'What does patination mean?' I think to myself until I hear Donnie squeal and crash into the trash cans.

I quickly look outside to see what had happened and notice Donnie franticly trying to shoo away the same grey cat from before. I laugh at his silliness and get ready for bed again.

"What a dork." I think and fall asleep, feeling happy that I now have a friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 51 15
"I live in the shadows and hide from other people or other mutants like you 4" Years ago, I was in my room. When I heard a loud crash. I didn't know...
87K 2.7K 37
In a coma of 3 years, you finally wake up in a whole new world from what you last remember You meet April O'Neil, along with Casey Jones, you then m...
375 5 21
(Coverpage made by me, both traditionally & on Canva!) Donnie was just having a nighttime stroll across the New York City rooftops, when he then come...