Vegas

By -betterdays

World famous, acapella band Pentatonix is stuck when their tour bus breaks down and doesn't look like it will... More

Stranded
Always Platonic
Kiss It Better
Deny You
Kevin
Fucked And Fucked Up
Work This Out
The Boys
Forgive But Don't Forget
Baby Talk
In The Club
Friends
We'll Be Alright
Ease
1-800-273-8255
Epilogue

Again?

890 41 62
By -betterdays

Avi woke up feeling like his head had been smashed into the wall about twenty times. Groaning loudly, he got up from his warm bed in order to brush his teeth. However, the moment his feet made contact with the ground, he had a sudden urge to empty out the contents in his stomach. So he dashed to the bathroom and did just that, groaning some more as he wiped his mouth. Now he definitely needed to brush his teeth.

As the taste of mint swirled around in Avi's mouth, he tried to recall as much of last night as he possibly could. They played Truth or Dare, that much he could remember. Mitch said something funny that made him laugh, Kevin passed out on the couch eventually, Kirstie admitted something embarrassing.

Kirstie.

Images of himself and Kirstie making out in Scott and Mitch's room flooded his mind until they slowly developed into images of him and Kirstie kissing outside his room last night. What had possessed her to kiss him willingly? It was probably just the alcohol affecting her ability to think straight; there was no way a sober Kirstie would kiss him. 

Yes, that was the reason, Avi had decided. Just like he wasn't thinking straight when he kissed Kirstie back. He hated her with every cell in his body, and she felt the same way about him. That's how things had always been and that's how they would stay. He would forget about last night, it didn't mean anything to him nor Kirstie, all he had to do now was to figure out how to forget...

A loud, continous buzz coming from Avi's bedside table brought him back to reality as he spat out the foamy mixture in his mouth and went to retrieve his cellphone. 

6 messages from Scotty Hotwing:

hello r u awake babe
hello???
miss avriel? miss avriel? oh my fuckin gosh she fuckin dead
r u a bear or something r u hibernating
ok well the whole band is down by the hotel's restaurant for LUNCH
come and meet us down there when u wake up 

Avi checked his phone's clock and was absolutely astounded to see that it was already two in the afternoon. He knew he tended to sleep in late but this way too late to be normal, no wonder Scott was so worried about him. Avi quickly tapped a reply to his friend before hopping into the shower to quickly get ready. 

One thing about Avi was that he never took long to get ready, so within a few minutes he was downstairs already, strolling over to where his four band mates were sitting with plates of food in front of them. Scott was the first to see the bearded man headed the way and jumped out of his seat to greet him cheerfully. Clearly some of them handled alcohol better than others.

"Avi! I thought you would never get out of bed at this rate," Scott joked, guiding him to his seat next to Mitch, a plate stacked full of saucy, barbecue ribs in front of him on the wooden table. He stared hard at the meat on his plate so his eyes wouldn't drift off to the lovely lady sitting across from him, who he was sure was also staring at him. Just before Avi and the rest of the gang could dig into their different foods, Scott stopped them all. 

"Wait, before you all start eating, Esther talked to me this morning about the way to go forward with this whole 'being trapped in Vegas' situation." Four heads nodded to show Scott to continue. "Well, she told me she managed to arrange another bus and a way to get us back home, but I told her maybe we should just make the best out of a bad scenario and turn this into a little vacation. We've been touring non-stop and I think it would be good for us as a band to bond and relax."

Avi tensed up a bit and glanced at Kirstie who was already staring back at him, biting her lip unknowingly. A month with Kirstie? He wasn't sure if he would survive it. His feelings of hatred for her before were now melting and moulding into different emotions, causing him to just feel a strong amount of confusion. 

"I'm in favour of that, a break would do us good. And how often are we in Vegas anyway?" Kevin mumbled through the large amounts of pasta in his mouth; clearly he couldn't wait to eat. Mitch said something that sounded like an agreement but the panic running through Avi was blocking out everything.

"Avi? Kirstie? Is that cool with you guys?" Scott asked, peering curiously and with concern at the two very quiet musicians. 

"Umm, yeah, of course! That sounds like a great idea, right Avi?" Kirstie replied, her voice coming out shakily and sounding strangled. Avi weakly shook his head in response, he had no words to say at that moment.

"Well, that's great then! Esther's only condition was that we had to write at least three new songs for the original album while we were here. Maybe we should get started now?"

***

"Sleep well!" Scott waved goodbye to Avi as he was the last one to leave Scott and Mitch's room where the band wrote songs the whole day. Tiredly, he trudged down the dimly lit passage to his hotel room and was surprised to find Kirstie sitting on the floor outside her room. Her eyes were shut close and her head leaned back against the wooden door awkwardly, Avi figured she must've fallen asleep.

He was stuck between leaving her there in the hallway or waking her up. No doubt that things were extremely awkward for both of them, but Avi felt terrible practically just abandoning her like that. What was wrong with him? A week or two ago he wouldn't give a single fuck about this and would walk past her without blinking an eye. But now, all of a sudden, he was so soft when it came to Kirstie. 

Avi internally groaned before kneeling down to Kirstie's height and shaking her arm gently. "Kirstie? Kirstie, wake up," he hummed softly. After a few gentle nudges, her eyes fluttered open slowly and she became more aware of her surroundings.

Once Kirstie was fully awake, she stood up from where she was seated on the ground, dusting off her outfit. "Oh, uhhh, hey Avi," Kirstie said almost shyly, a small smile drawn on her face. 

"Hi, what are you doing sleeping in the passage?"

Kirstie stared at her uncomfortable heels and played with her hands. "Esther is down at the bar as far as I know and I forgot my key in the room so I have no way of getting inside."

"Well, you could come into my room until Esther gets back," Avi spilt out without even thinking. He mentally face palmed himself for suggesting something so silly. Him and Kirstie in the same room alone was just asking for trouble. Sure, Kevin would be there but he was fast asleep; not even a siren blaring in his ears could wake him up.

"Oh," she blushed and tucked away a strand of hair behind her ear. "Yeah, er, that'd be great. Thanks." 

Avi fumbled around for his room key in his pocket until he finally found it and clumsily inserted it into the slot. He motioned with his arm for Kirstie enter first, which she did. She looked a bit disorientated at first before deciding to take a seat on the white coach, her knees tucked up to her face. Uncertainly, Avi joined her on the couch, the sound of him sitting down being the only thing heard for a while. 

The silence gnawed away at them and Avi was starting to realise this was a bad idea. He decided to take initiative though and spoke up, asking, "Umm, do you think we could talk about what happened last night?"

Kirstie was about as surprised as Avi expected her to be. "Yeah, I mean it was nothing, right? It was just a dumb dare that you unfortunately got picked to do." She almost sounded nervous when she talked.

Avi knew that Kirstie knew he wasn't talking about the kiss that was a dare, rather the one outside his room, but he left it at that. "Yeah, it meant nothing," he lied. "We were also drunk as fuck so I think that contributes to it all," Avi said, chuckling lightly. Kirstie giggled along with him as well until their sounds of laughter died down and they were left staring into each others eyes.

And that's when Kirstie leaned in and smashed her lips down on his, the craving for Avi being too strong to resist. Her knees that were close to her face were now tightly pressed against Avi's hips as she straddled him. His large hands were entwined in her curly hair as he pressed himself more against her. They stopped for a second when they heard Kevin stir in his sleep, mumbling incoherent things, but immediately went back to what they were doing when they realised he wouldn't be waking up anytime soon. 

Kirstie gasped into his mouth when his fingertips ghosted the skin that was exposed due to her shirt riding up. Avi smiled into the kiss, enjoying the affect he was having on the woman on his lap. 

Just as Kirstie's hands trailed their way down to Avi's hairy chest in order to undo one of his buttons, there was a loud rap at the door, followed by, "Avi? Are you awake?" It was his sister's voice, and Avi groaned internally. If he answered the door, Esther would want to come in and would more than likely spot Kirstie. It was too risky.

Avi signalled with his hand for Kirstie to stay quiet, so she did. After only a few seconds, they both could hear the sound footsteps walking away from Avi and Kevin's room. Avi let out a loud, heavy sigh, "That was close. What do you think she wanted?" 

"She was probably looking for me," Kirstie muttered. "I should get back." She was already crawling off his lap before he had even processed what she said.

"Wait, but I really think we should talk about-"

"Goodnight, Avi," Kirstie quickly pecked his lips and was out of his room in a flash. 

What a mess.

hello sorry this is bad but I wanted to update because I feel so bad for not updating a lot :p only another month of school until vacation again yayayyayay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 13.7K 79
Avi and Mitch are the only ones of Pentatonix that are single. The other three members are constantly teasing them, but what happens when they've had...
9.1K 430 11
Mitch: "I can be mean though." Avi: "That's okay, I'll take care of you." Sailing under the radar while we obsessed over Scömìche, this is the ship t...
23.3K 980 20
it's been three years since pentatonix broke up and kirstin left los angeles. three years since she left everyone she loves behind so she could start...
3.2K 253 22
Where Scott is the Neko. Pentatonix Fan Fiction (all five members are included, but not necessarily humans)