Lone Wolf โ‹† HP Golden Era (3)

By casuaIIy

โEvery day she felt like a monster walking among the innocent, felt as if she were trapped on the other side... More

๐–‘๐–”๐–“๐–Š ๐–œ๐–”๐–‘๐–‹
๐–Š๐–•๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–—๐–†๐–•๐–
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–”๐–“๐–Š: ๐–”๐–๐–†๐–“๐–† ๐–’๐–Š๐–†๐–“๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–†๐–’๐–Ž๐–‘๐–ž
ONE โ” โone hell of a yearโž
TWO โ” โand the rumors beginโž
THREE โ” โthat was last yearโž
FOUR โ” โi'm the map!โž
FIVE โ” โconfront your fearsโž
SIX โ” โinfamous dayโž
SEVEN โ” โmistakes have been madeโž
EIGHT โ” โi will not be dirtโž
NINE โ” โa black christmasโž
TEN โ” โcat and mouseโž
ELEVEN โ” โhow it startedโž
TWELVE โ” โonly one dies tonightโž
THIRTEEN โ” โit was one hell of a year indeedโž
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–™๐–œ๐–”: ๐–† ๐–•๐–†๐–š๐–˜๐–Š ๐–‹๐–”๐–— ๐–˜๐–Š๐–‘๐–‹-๐–‰๐–Ž๐–˜๐–ˆ๐–”๐–›๐–Š๐–—๐–ž
FOURTEEN โ” โodd one outโž
FIFTEEN โ” โbad premonitionsโž
SIXTEEN โ” โthe big, green monsterโž
SEVENTEEN โ” โthe hogwarts championsโž
EIGHTEEN โ” โfireside chatsโž
NINETEEN โ” โbad moon risingโž
TWENTY โ” โcome togetherโž
TWENTYONE โ” โdance the night awayโž
TWENTYTWO โ” โexcuses, excusesโž
TWENTYTHREE โ” โpoor boyโž
TWENTYFOUR โ” โone last hurrahโž
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–™๐–๐–—๐–Š๐–Š: ๐–“๐–†๐–™๐–š๐–—๐–†๐–‘ ๐–Ž๐–“๐–˜๐–™๐–Ž๐–“๐–ˆ๐–™
TWENTYFIVE โ” โlight in the darknessโž
TWENTYSIX โ” โmatter of timeโž
TWENTYSEVEN โ” โgood riddance!โž
TWENTYEIGHT โ” โi will not slanderโž
THIRTY โ” โperfectionโž
THIRTYONE โ” โback to blackโž
THIRTYTWO โ” โmagic is overratedโž
THIRTYTHREE โ” โso it beginsโž
THIRTYFOUR โ” โfor what you loseโž
THIRTYFIVE โ” โlet the memories fade awayโž
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–‹๐–”๐–š๐–—: ๐–˜๐–™๐–”๐–—๐–ž ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–™๐–”๐–“๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™
THIRTYSIX โ” โone of a kindโž
THIRTYSEVEN โ” โthrough her last year (pt. 1)โž
THIRTYEIGHT โ” โthrough her last year (pt. 2)โž
THIRTYNINE โ” โjoyous occasionsโž
FORTY โ” โtwo-facedโž
FORTYONE โ” โcity of dreamsโž
FORTYTWO โ” โone last timeโž
EPILOGUE โ” โfor him.โž
๐–‹๐–Ž๐–“๐–†๐–‘ ๐–“๐–”๐–™๐–Š

TWENTYNINE โ” โthe uprisingโž

611 26 2
By casuaIIy

( chapter xxix. THE UPRISING )

         There was still an ache in her hand that irritated her more than anything. She was accustomed to the feeling; the itching feeling of wanting nothing more than to pick the scab or rip it off until the blood started oozing again and temporary relief was granted until the aching pain started again. Younger, she would always do it even though it hurt so much and even though her mother scolded her – she couldn't help herself – but now, older, she had stopped. She had learned to ignore the ache and continue with her day.

         She had grown used to moving throughout her day with pain. With people nudging her fresh wounds without care because they didn't know and hitting her as she suppressed the wince that wanted to claw out at the motion. The sting. And her hand, which was still bandaged and hidden under long sleeves was just added to the collection of scars that traced her body.

         They were everywhere on her, how could they not? They littered her skin with laughter because they knew they would never fade and she would be left as the scarred girl forever, notifying everyone of what she truly was when the full moon rose. A monster will no control, no compassion. Just a merciless creature that killed all in its path without a second thought as her humanity was trapped inside her mind without an escape.

         No one had seen her hand since that night and the night after that when she had been called back for another session. She was free now but the pain remained. She had concealed it, not wanting anyone to notice. It held no purpose, if Birdie saw she would be concerned and want to say something – rise up – but that was not possible, that was what allowed Umbridge to get away with what she was doing.

         Because no one would say a word, and if they did it would be dismissed; deemed a lie. She controlled everything, there was no passing by her and destroying her. She had all the power – and oh, what power that was – and they all fell to her mercy. There was nothing any of them could do besides sit and let her do as she pleased, even though they all disagreed. Even though they wanted her gone and banned from the castle.

         There was nothing they could do besides sit and watch and say nothing, remain silent because fighting was futile and would only lead to punishment by her. So, Calypso said nothing about her pain to Birdie or Lee, she kept it all to herself because that was for the best. Fighting was futile and therefore shouldn't happen – at least, she mused, not in public eye.

         While she was supposed to be the heart of a lion and be brave enough to fight everyone (as Gryffindor was portrayed and supposed to live up to), Calypso was not one for fighting every battle. Maybe, when she was younger, she was. She confronted and she fought, she was standing front in all her battles, but this was one that could be victorious in that manner.

         No, this had to be led quietly. This had to be hidden in dark depths where no one would know because in the public eye, it would be crushed immediately. It would be a lost cause that would leave everyone disheartened and without hope. So, they had to be cunning – play into the Black family beliefs instead of the one her parents had paved and she continued to create.

         Calypso Black would not call herself a Black proudly for many reasons. While she held her head up with pride and defended her parents and uncles without thought – for they deserved it – she tried so hard to distance herself from other relatives. She tried to transform the Black name from one associated with Grindelwald and Voldemort, the darkest and evilest of wizard history, but one known for standing against them. Opposing the dark with light.

         But, she would admit, that some traits the Black family carried proudly from generation to generation were helpful. They were smart – school had always been important, education – and they were cunning, they used their resources and a silver tongue. Those, while used in the past for persuading evil, could now be used against her ancestors for good.

         She was a Black, a Slytherin mother and uncle – a Slytherin background – with a Gryffindor father and being one herself. She was cunning, she was proud, she had a silver tongue when she wanted to use it, and she was intelligent.

         And even though her hand still throbbed, she smirked to herself seeing the parchment that Hermione had handed her when passing through a corridor.

         It was time for the Uprising; it was time to defy.

         Calypso hummed to herself as she walked beside Birdie down to Hogsmeade. It was just the two of them – Lee had walked with the twins since they were also getting breakfast at The Three Broomsticks that morning – and a silence had fallen between them but she didn't mind.

         She had a plan. Well, she would admit that it was not fully developed and probably wouldn't be for a while, but it was all coming together. She had an inkling about what Hermione had wanted when she had sent the note with clear instructions to tell anyone that Calypso trusted. It was sad to think that was such a small list, containing only Lee and Birdie who had already known of the ordeal that was happening that fine Saturday morning.

         Well, no, she had told Maia. She found the girl the day before and dragged her – silently and quickly as to not leave any witnesses – into the bathroom that everyone avoided for the reason that one pessimistic spirit dwelled there. Moaning Myrtle, as everyone knew her, was not liked by the student body because of just how annoying her complaining was. Always reminding people that she had been crying in the bathroom, not annoying anyone, when she had been killed. She didn't even how or who murdered her, only that she awoke a spirit of the dead.

         No, she was not a pleasant sight and because of her, the bathroom was always avoided. "What the hell, Cal?" Maia complained, rubbing her arm where Calypso had tugged her harshly into the room.

         "Sorry," Calypso immediately apologized, because she truly hadn't meant to be harsh – she swore, "I have to tell you something."

         At that, a frown appeared on Maia and all her annoyance at having her arm pulled harshly gone. "What's going on, Cal? Are you alright? Did something happen back...there."

         It was easy to decipher what she was referring to with 'there'. The house – not a home, never a home – but the house where they lived for the summer and would return to during winter and would probably live in until the war was over. Maybe. If anything didn't happen that forced them out of there.

         Calypso shook her head, "It's nothing bad, don't worry, but Hermione Granger is calling a meeting tomorrow at the Hog's Head."

         "Why in the bloody hell would she do that? The Hog's Head is dangerous," Maia asked.

         "Which is exactly why no one will go looking there either. I think it has something to do with Umbridge – fighting against her maybe – which is why the meeting or whatever you want to call it can't be held at The Three Broomsticks," Calypso explained.

         "Standing up against Umbridge...that sounds wonderful. I hated my first class with her and I don't think I'll enjoy my second, third, or any other one either," Maia frowned.

         "Which is exactly why we're going to do something. I don't know what though, I just got a note from her telling me to meet her there and tell anyone I trusted to come along too, which is why I'm telling you," Calypso told the girl.

         Maia stood there for a second, thinking before looking up at her cousin and asking, "Can I tell Emilia?"

         Calypso shrugged. She, personally, didn't know Emilia and the two of them had never properly met either. All she knew was what Maia had shared about her friend, which wasn't much she realized. "If you think she's trustworthy, go ahead," the Black girl said.

         The Greene girl – or whatever her last name truly was because Maia wanted to know more than anything who they were – nodded and mulled over the confirmation for a second. "I...I might tell her, I'm not sure," she said hesitantly, "Emilia doesn't like going against the rules, she might not like the meeting."

         "It's whatever you think is best," Calypso told her honestly, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder and sending her a smile before going off and leaving the girl in the bathroom with the spectre.

         And now, Calypso Hope Black was walking with her best friend to that meeting. She didn't know what was to come, but she knew that it would be amazing and start a revolution – or so she hoped. So she wished. A silent one, anyway, the beginning of one.

         Her mind wandered to her mother, and what her life must've been like at this age. In her sixth year – that was when Remelda met Remus. That was the beginning of their short-lived love story. Sweethearts who fell too quickly and married because little Calypso was about to be born. Sweethearts who grew out of love because they were still growing and becoming themselves and learning that they didn't belong together as they believed before when they exchanged their vows and gave each other a promise until death did them part.

         No. That fairytale was over, ended when she was so young and left Remelda with a daughter, a brother in jail, and twins to care for because of a favor she was doing for a friend. A friend that died shortly after giving her children away, according to Remelda.

         Their lives were so different. Calypso was in her sixth year and she was attending a secret meeting, she didn't have a brother barging back into her life; she had no siblings at all. No, she was a lone child who wasn't controlled by her parents, about to breakaway. She wasn't about to be disowned.

         They got down to the village and Calypso couldn't help but look around and watch the people pass. Students like her and adults who lived there, children of their own holding their hands as they were guided to wherever the parent wanted them to go. The cold air surrounded them all but still, Calypso hummed for she was content; she was happy.

         The two friends entered the Hog's Head, still in silence, seeing the bar almost filled with other students. One look around those gathered told Calypso all she needed to know; there were no Slytherins present. It was easy to see and guess why. They were seen as untrustworthy, the enemy because they were 'evil' and dark – they would follow Voldemort as he was rising again without question because they had black hearts and no compassion. They believed every word that flew out of that man's mouth and would never dare question him or think of having another future away from him.

         That was how they were seen; that was how they were portrayed and it was easy to tell that some of the people present there believed that. Calypso frowned at them, wanting everyone to feel her disappointment in them but also guilt in herself because she had made no effort to invite any of them.

         But, she reminded herself, she only knew one Slytherin and they weren't close. Sloane Clarke, while she wanted to believe the girl was good, knew nothing about her really. Assuming could be dangerous, so she didn't invite the girl – hadn't even spoken a word to her since last year because that was how life had diverged their paths.

         So, she could have told Sloane – closed the gap, or attempted to mend it at least – but she didn't. Because she didn't know Sloane well enough to trust her with the knowledge of whatever this could potentially be, and therefore she could say nothing. Like Maia deciding not to tell Emilia...

         More people poured into the small tavern and the friends took their seat at the table with Fred and George. Kiara Borde was sitting beside her boyfriend, the latter ginger, and Lee was beside Fred. Maddox Dean-Valance was also sitting there. "Hey, there!" Lee greeted them when they took the last two seats at the table.

         "Hey, Lee," Calypso and Birdie chorused as they then turned to greet the others at the table.

         "So does anyone know what they want?" Kiara asked them and all anyone could offer was a shrug or shake of their head. "Great."

         "I mean, it has to be about Umbridge," Fred started, his twin finishing the sentence as they usually spoke.

         "But Ron won't tell us a thing," George concluded with a slight frown, "We even threatened to fill his bed with spiders – still didn't budge."

         "He doesn't like spiders?" Maddox asked, an amused expression on her face.

         For a moment, Calypso was brought back to the end of last year – June twenty-fourth, to be exact – the fateful day when Cedric Diggory died. She remembered the girl crying, remembered the heartbroken expression, grief spelled on her face, when she left Hogwarts to return him. And now she was here, moving on. She was moving forward and trying to be herself. Calypso commended her for it but still wanted to offer sympathy, though decided not to bring up the subject since it did involve a dead boyfriend...

         "Absolutely terrified of them," Fred chuckled, looking over mischievously at his younger brother who was standing with Harry and Hermione, waiting for everyone to settle down.

         "Nice," Maddox commented, "We might need to team up and doing something about that."

         "Anytime," George's eyes glistened as well, a teasing smirk on his face.

         Kiara hit him lightly at that before giving a stern look to her boyfriend and best friend, "No. You'll leave him alone. No pranking family, remember?"

         George sighed, as did Maddox. Fred laughed. "Alright, fine. We won't do anything to him," George relented.

         "Awe," Fred frowned at the decision his brother made. Calypso grinned at them.

         She looked around to see the door of the pub open and in walked a shaken Maia. She frowned at the girl, seeing her look around and catch Calypso's eyes. Silently, she asked if the girl was fine and she just nodded, still looking scared. And even though she sat down in the back, trying to calm herself, Calypso was concerned and stood up.

         "Excuse me real quick," Calypso muttered to the table, going over to the back where her cousin sat and took the seat beside her. "What happened?"

         She wasted no time, but Maia still tried to smile. "I'm fine, Cal, I just – I don't know. I had a bad dream last night and Emilia was a bit mad that I didn't go to Honeydukes with her today, said that I was meeting someone special."

         Calypso nodded but she didn't let her gaze leave the girl. "What did she say to you? I can – I can hex her if you want."

         It wasn't that she wanted to do that, but she would do anything for her cousin. Even hexing, no matter how much she hated thinking of committing such an act. But the girl just stifled a laugh and shook her head, "You don't have to do that. I'll be fine. Just – I'll be fine, Cal. I'm not going to retreat again."

         The 'like summer' is left unsaid. She hated summer; she hated seeing her cousin deteriorate before her eyes, wasting away on that damn bed in that damn room – never leaving, never speaking. Only silently staring at the wall in anger for being lied to – or so she believed – for her entire life.

         "Okay," Calypso hesitantly nodded, accepting the answer, "Just – know that I'm always here for you, alright?"

         Maia gave her a small smile, "Thanks."

         "No problem," Calypso told her, taking her hand and squeezing it before looking back at her table, "You can join us over there if you want."

         To that, Maia shook her head, "I'm okay over here. I like being away from everyone, I can them all."

         "Well, if you change your mind..." Calypso trailed off, directing her gaze over to where she would be and standing up, "You know where to find me."

         Maia nodded again and Calypso went back to her table and took her seat again, this time there was a butterbeer in front of her. "Where did this come from?" she asked, looking around.

         "Oh, we all got drinks so I just got you one, too. I'll totally be making you repay me next Hogsmeade trip," Birdie gave her a grin, "Where were you?"

         "Just had to talk to someone else, important stuff," Calypso waved her off, taking sip of the drink, "Thanks."

         "No problem," Birdie said, sipping at her own drink as the others did the same. "I think everyone's settled in now."

         And it was at that cue Calypso heard a whisper from Harry to Hermione, "What's going on?"

         "There are some people I mentioned my Defense Against the Dark Arts idea with," Hermione gave a brief overview.

         Calypso tuned out the rest of the conversation in favor to focus on her friends until Hermione stood up and all the tables silenced themselves. She cleared her throat, obviously nervous if the pulling at the hem of her shirt could say anything.

         "Hi, everyone. I thought it would be good if we met and talked over how we wanted to teach ourselves Defense Against the Dark Arts," Hermione explained herself, "Because we need to learn it properly, not the rubbish Umbridge is doing."

         Calypso full-heartedly agreed with it as did Fred, who raised up his butterbeer glass and said, "Hear, hear!"

         "Obviously, this will help us pass our O.W.L.s, but more importantly, it gives us the ability to protect ourselves from...Lord Voldemort," she paused before saying the name, obviously having a hard time uttering the words as everyone else did hearing them.

         Calypso froze for a second in her seat. She knew it was true, she knew why they were all here and what this was for, but she hated hearing the name. The name that had done so much, loved the corruption of her family – how her family sought after him, would do anything for him. Would sell their children off to him because that's what they believed in. How her mother would've been one, her uncles, herself...

         "That's the first time you've said his name," Harry muttered to the girl but she looked pleased.

         "How do we know You-Know-Who's really back?" a boy asked, gaining the attention of the crowd.

         "Dumbledore believes he is," George answered as if it were obvious, a reason for all of them to believe as well. Calypso didn't agree with that flimsy excuse, remembering Mad-Eye from last year...

         "You mean Dumbledore believes him," another boy nodded in Harry's direction.

         Everyone's gaze came to Harry and the boy shuffled uncomfortably, never liking the spotlight on him. Hermione, seeing this, aimed to take the attention off of him by saying, "That's true, but I think we're drifting from the purpose –"

         "It's okay, Hermione," Harry cut her off with slow assure. He looked to the crowd of waiting eyes, "I believe that Voldemort's back because I fought him last year. Dumbledore's already told the school that. If you didn't believe him you won't believe anyone."

         Calypso didn't agree with that. She knew the truth; she believed Harry, but not because of Dumbledore – never because of Dumbledore. She didn't trust him even if her parents and friends did, but that didn't mean she was going to blindly follow in the disbelief of Voldemort's turn because of him as well. Merlin, she hated just hearing his name – Voldemort.

         But a tense silence fell over them and Calypso's hand itched even more but she did nothing.

         "Well...anyway...uh, I think that in order to learn properly we'll need a teacher," Hermione started off again, trying to get them on track.

         "But we're all students. None of us has the experience to –" Neville began before being cut off by Ginny.

         "Someone here does."

         They all looked at her and she just nodded towards Harry. "Me?" he asked, shocked as if he hadn't been expecting it to happen. How ignorant.

         "I for one would like to know why Potter's qualified and the rest of us aren't," a boy asked in a snarky tone.

         "Well, he's only confronted You-Know-Who himself four times and lived to talk about it," Ginny defended him and her suggestion to make him the teacher.

         "One of the portraits said you'd killed a Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets with that sword in Dumbledore's office," Susan Bones, who Calypso knew because he had heard her mum talk about the woman's aunt many times.

         "Um...well, yeah, I did," Harry confirmed with the waiting eyes on him.

         Most of the crowd looked star struck at him, amazed that he could do such a thing. Calypso, however, was not as impressed as them. Maybe because she knew more about Harry, or maybe because she had seen terrible things and some amazing acts didn't faze her anymore. If she had to guess, she would say the latter.

         "Can't forget that he saved the Sorcerer's Stone from You-Know-Who in his first year," Fred offered up.

         "And last year he got through the Triwizard Tournament!" Cho added into the mix and all at their table could see the way Maddox' gae went to the ground and how her shoulders slumped.

         "Not to mention you dueled with You-Know-Who all alone and he still couldn't kill you!" Ron looked at his friend, offering a reassuring smile to the boy.

         "And you fought off those dementors that attacked you this summer," Ginny spoke up once more.

         People murmured in agreement and Harry looked at them with bewilderment. "Look, I only did that because I had a lot of help and some good luck, not because I'm good at anything," Harry explained to them.

         "He's being modest," Hermione covered for him but he frowned.

         "No, Hermione, I'm not," he shot back to her, though not unkindly, just as a reminder.

         Calypso frowned at them. It was obvious he wasn't comfortable with the prospect of leading a class when he didn't believe himself, no matter what the crowd was saying. And, Calypso, having her father as guidance, could be of help...

         "I could get some tips from my dad," Calypso said, her voice silencing everyone else and she looked around, now unsure of herself, "Well, if you don't know if you can lead us, I can talk to my dad – not giving away really anything, just...well, asking for some advice."

         "You think he would help?" Birdie asked beside her.

         To that, Calypso nodded. Her father would do anything for her, she knew that, and it wasn't the first time Remus Lupin had done something illegal. "Of course," she said decisively.

         "What – are we really going to trust Calypso Black to help lead us?" one of the boys from earlier asked. Calypso just clenched her fist.

         "I trust her," Harry said, "And you want me to lead, so I say that we do." She smiled appreciatively at Harry and the boy nodded towards her.

         "But her dad's a werewolf – we really going to get some tips from that?" another one pointed out.

         Calypso's face became red. "My father might be a werewolf, but he is the best DADA professor we ever had," she defended him, "You can't deny that. And he is a must better man than you will ever be because he never discriminates because of something that a person can't change."

         She added the last part in a snap, giving the infamous Black glare – started by her ancestors and perfected by her mother. And, of course, that meant she had learned from the best. The boy cowered in his seat and she couldn't help but have a smirk present on her face.

         "Then it's decided. All in favor of taking lessons from Harry and Calypso?" Hermione asked. She held up her own hand and as did the many others.

         The Gryffindor Quidditch team, those at the table with Calypso, Maia in the back, and so many others who had crowded into the tavern. Calypso's mouth twitched upward to a smile and she looked at Harry, a determined look on her face. They were going to lead an Uprising – her Uncle Pads would be proud.

         "Great," Hermione smiled brightly and everyone lowered their hands and she asked, "Where are we going to meet?"

         "What about an unused classroom?" Neville offered, his meek voice almost covered by the others.

         "That might work. I'll look into that," Harry smiled at him and the Longbottom boy looked more comfortable.

         "Okay, good," Hermione said as she then pulled a piece of parchment out of her bag, "I think we should put our names down, so we know who was here."

         People looked around uncomfortably and Calypso felt guilty to admit that she was one of them. If her name was on there and she was found out – she would be expelled. Unlike the others who might have to endure a years' worth of detention with Umbridge, she would expelled all because of one night a month when she lost herself to a monster.

         "I don't know...if it were found...I mean, Umbridge wouldn't like what we're doing..." one of the boys spoke for the crowd.

         Hermione huffed at him, "Honestly, Ernie, do you think I'd just leave it lying around? Besides, it's enchanted."

         Many people eased and Calypso's tensed shoulders relaxed. People stood up to get in line to sign the parchment. The twins go first, eager, and then the table followed. Kiara's signature was beside George's and Maddox put hers close to her friend's. Foster Dean-Valance, her brother, put his name down next away from theirs.

         When it was Calypso's turn, she wrote hers away from the others. While it would stand out more, it made a statement. Certainly, she was scared of being expelled because of this, but she would not hide from it either. She was a leader, after all, and her name should be on there proudly.

         Once everyone had finished and sat down again, Hermione inquired of the group, "What should we call ourselves?"

         "What about the Anti-Umbridge League?" Angelina asked with a snicker, gaining a few chuckles from the table she was sitting at.

         "We need something that doesn't give away what we're doing," Hermione shook her head, giving a reminder to the rest of those who were offering up their titles.

         "I think it should be Dumbledore's Army," Ginny suggested and people nodded in agreement – Calypso was not one of them.

         While she hated the idea of calling herself a soldier of that man's army, she would not argue against the majority. Instead, she swallowed her complaints and dislike and nodded along with them.

         "Dumbledore's Army it is, then," Hermione finalized with a proud smile on her face, "The D.A. for short."

         People began to stand up, knowing that the meeting was adjourning and Hermione called out one last thing, "We'll let you know when we're going to meet."

         Calypso stood up as well, standing beside Birdie and Lee, ready to walk out the door when she heard her name being called. Offering a goodbye to her friends, she went to where Ron, Hermione, and Harry were standing.

         "So, I was wondering," Harry walked up to her, "If you have any suggestions to what the first meeting should be about anyway."

         She thought it over for a second, compartmentalizing what they all needed to learn and its overall necessity at the current moment. Then, she considered difficulty. "Simple dueling spells," she said, looking at him, "Something simple to ease everyone into it. Sound good?"

         Harry nodded, "Thanks."

         "No problem," she offered him a smile, turning to leave when she thought of a second about her uncle and the room he stayed in while he was here. It was perfect. "Wait – I think I have the perfect spot to host meetings."

         "You do?" Ron asked with interest and she nodded, shining brightly.

         "The Room of Requirement," she said, proud of herself, only to receive confused looks from the trio and she sighed, "You don't know about the Room of Requirement?"

         "Sorry, no," Hermione said.

         "It's a secret room on the sixth floor. All you have to do is stand right before one of the walls and wish for a room and it'll appear. Everything you need with be there, all you have to do is open up the door that is shown," Calypso explained it as simply as we can, "And only people who have the exact same request as you can get in. So, it's secret."

         "Brilliant," Hermione breathed, mind racing and eyes filled with stars over the prospect of the room.

         "And you can show everyone where it is?" Harry asked her.

         She nodded, "Of course. We can meet later to discuss when the first meeting should be. Have a good day, everyone."

         "See you, Calypso," the three chorused with their own variations. The girl turned again, this time not turning around to add something, and walked out of Hog's Head, aiming to find her friends.

         It wasn't perfect yet and there would definitely be some kinks to work out when the meetings started, but it was a beginning – it was a start to a revolution and that was enough for the time. They could perfect it later.

ramblings
two weeks in a row of me updating?? it's (a little) more likely than you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

970K 23.1K 133
"๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐ค๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐—ผ ๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’‡๐’‚๐’„๐’†, ๐ˆ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ - ๐‘ฐ ๐’Œ๐’๐’†๐’˜." ฯŸ Selene Black is the younger and only sister of Sirius Black, born...
292K 17K 38
๐€๐๐Ž๐‘๐ˆ๐€ | No way out, nothingness, or the impenetrable. A puzzle or something puzzling. Esmerelda spent the school year dog-hunting after discov...
444K 16.4K 133
'And he's the best fuck that ever walked. He's beautiful - rich, in money and everything else; he's a rockstar to boot, trapped in the body of a figh...