Lone Wolf โ‹† HP Golden Era (3)

By casuaIIy

โEvery day she felt like a monster walking among the innocent, felt as if she were trapped on the other side... More

๐–‘๐–”๐–“๐–Š ๐–œ๐–”๐–‘๐–‹
๐–Š๐–•๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–—๐–†๐–•๐–
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–”๐–“๐–Š: ๐–”๐–๐–†๐–“๐–† ๐–’๐–Š๐–†๐–“๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–†๐–’๐–Ž๐–‘๐–ž
ONE โ” โone hell of a yearโž
TWO โ” โand the rumors beginโž
THREE โ” โthat was last yearโž
FOUR โ” โi'm the map!โž
FIVE โ” โconfront your fearsโž
SIX โ” โinfamous dayโž
SEVEN โ” โmistakes have been madeโž
EIGHT โ” โi will not be dirtโž
NINE โ” โa black christmasโž
TEN โ” โcat and mouseโž
ELEVEN โ” โhow it startedโž
TWELVE โ” โonly one dies tonightโž
THIRTEEN โ” โit was one hell of a year indeedโž
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–™๐–œ๐–”: ๐–† ๐–•๐–†๐–š๐–˜๐–Š ๐–‹๐–”๐–— ๐–˜๐–Š๐–‘๐–‹-๐–‰๐–Ž๐–˜๐–ˆ๐–”๐–›๐–Š๐–—๐–ž
FOURTEEN โ” โodd one outโž
FIFTEEN โ” โbad premonitionsโž
SIXTEEN โ” โthe big, green monsterโž
SEVENTEEN โ” โthe hogwarts championsโž
NINETEEN โ” โbad moon risingโž
TWENTY โ” โcome togetherโž
TWENTYONE โ” โdance the night awayโž
TWENTYTWO โ” โexcuses, excusesโž
TWENTYTHREE โ” โpoor boyโž
TWENTYFOUR โ” โone last hurrahโž
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–™๐–๐–—๐–Š๐–Š: ๐–“๐–†๐–™๐–š๐–—๐–†๐–‘ ๐–Ž๐–“๐–˜๐–™๐–Ž๐–“๐–ˆ๐–™
TWENTYFIVE โ” โlight in the darknessโž
TWENTYSIX โ” โmatter of timeโž
TWENTYSEVEN โ” โgood riddance!โž
TWENTYEIGHT โ” โi will not slanderโž
TWENTYNINE โ” โthe uprisingโž
THIRTY โ” โperfectionโž
THIRTYONE โ” โback to blackโž
THIRTYTWO โ” โmagic is overratedโž
THIRTYTHREE โ” โso it beginsโž
THIRTYFOUR โ” โfor what you loseโž
THIRTYFIVE โ” โlet the memories fade awayโž
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–‹๐–”๐–š๐–—: ๐–˜๐–™๐–”๐–—๐–ž ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–™๐–”๐–“๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™
THIRTYSIX โ” โone of a kindโž
THIRTYSEVEN โ” โthrough her last year (pt. 1)โž
THIRTYEIGHT โ” โthrough her last year (pt. 2)โž
THIRTYNINE โ” โjoyous occasionsโž
FORTY โ” โtwo-facedโž
FORTYONE โ” โcity of dreamsโž
FORTYTWO โ” โone last timeโž
EPILOGUE โ” โfor him.โž
๐–‹๐–Ž๐–“๐–†๐–‘ ๐–“๐–”๐–™๐–Š

EIGHTEEN โ” โfireside chatsโž

982 48 13
By casuaIIy

( chapter xviii. FIRESIDE CHATS )

— 🌙 —

Harry Potter was a champion of Hogwarts. It was the talk of the school. The questions rang through the halls; how did he do it? Who did he bribe? No one questioned as to why he was still subjected to compete even though he was underage, no, they only asked how the boy could manage to get his name in the goblet. They were greedy for the truth, most angry at him for trying 'to steal the glory away from Cedric.'

The Slytherin house turned on him, which wasn't entirely surprising seeing as they had always disliked the boy. And of course the Hufflepuff house hated him because they finally had the glory on them with Cedric Diggory and now Harry had to go and try and steal it back. Ravenclaws were indifferent, a majority not liking him and Gryffindors mostly rooted for Cedric as well.

Calypso didn't understand any of it. How could they hate him when they didn't even know how it happened in the first place? How could the hate him when they should hate Dumbledore and the Minister, everyone putting together the tournament, for forcing him into it? He was underage and shouldn't be allowed to participate, but he was. And no one was raising any eyebrows at that. Calypso could hear their sneers and jabs at the Potter boy, which was totally unfair, and she couldn't understand it. Then again, she never seemed to understand her peers.

Their interests, their fawning over the champions – besides Potter. Girls commented about Krum and Diggory while boys said how perfect Fleur looked, which was helped because she was part-Veela. Calypso could only roll her eyes.

Of course, she knew this was something her mother would want to know about it. Both her parents actually, so she drafted letters to each of them. They were simple enough, telling them about how school started out and her classes, along with the tournament which they both knew about – to think her mother was excited about this! – and how Harry was participating.

Her dad sent back a letter cursing out the Ministry on their bullshit, never touching Dumbledore which was totally unfair because he had probably played a part in keeping Harry in the tournament. Of course, her father had always had a soft spot for the Headmaster. After all, he had allowed a werewolf to attend his school and then teach there, so Calypso supposed he wasn't all bad. Though, he did have some questionable actions that she couldn't quite overlook.

And her mother had swore out everyone and promised to talk to her soon, asking for a time to meet through a fireplace. Calypso had suggested the night before the first task – which no one knew about, and that was totally unfair because how were the champions supposed to train for it? But whatever, Calypso would get over it for the most part. And they had agreed to the fireplace in the Room of Requirement, which would be there when Calypso needed it.

But, before then, she was sitting at the Gryffindor table with Lee by her side for dinner. "Are you excited for the task?" Lee asked with a wide grin, obviously eccentric for the tournament to begin.

Calypso shrugged because in truth no, no she wasn't. "Not really," she said, "I might skip it, to be honest."

"Skip the first – skip the first task?" Lee asked incredulously, "Calypso, are you mad?"

"No, I just don't see all the hype surrounding it. I mean, have you even researched the tournament? Because I have, and what I've learned is that they stopped it because someone died last time," Calypso informed him, "So, frankly, I'm not all too excited to watch people – teenagers, actually – participate in something that could actually murder them. But that's just me."

Lee rolled his eyes, "The judges won't let anyone die, Cal, relax. Neither will Dumbledore."

At that, Calypso scoffed but she didn't further engage with it. She didn't want to fight with one of the only two friends she had. "You've always been such an anomaly, Cal," Lee continued, "Seriously. I mean, originally it was because you were just Sirius Black's niece to me, but damn. There is so much different about you."

Calypso frowned, but didn't dispute his words. She knew she had always been the odd one out. "Like what?" she inquired still.

He shrugged, "I don't know. Like, last year when you said that your family has all these secrets. I mean, I didn't think you meant your dad being a werewolf, but well, here we are. And you aren't even interested in Viktor Krum, which every girl is going after and that's totally unfair because who's gonna go for me now? And you aren't even excited for the tournament!"

"I guess," Calypso said, "But, to be fair, I wasn't even going to tell you about my dad. I mean like, the Blacks have a lot of secrets."

"Really?" Lee raised an eyebrow, "And I missed out on all of that?"

"Yeah, but it's probably for the best," Calypso moved on, "I wouldn't want to burden you with them. It's a lot to carry and I shouldn't have brought any of it up. So, sorry for that."

"It's alright, I've moved passed it, obviously. It was getting a little annoying just hanging out with the twins the whole time. Well, Fred more than George because he got a girlfriend last year and while she's nice, we don't really get along," Lee said, "She's not really into the pranks and everything and that's fine, but we don't share any interests. George likes her, though, and that's what matters."

Calypso nodded, "Who's he dating anyways?"

"Oh, Kiara Borde. You know Maddox Dean-Valance, right? Cedric's girlfriend?" she nodded, "That's her best friend. And like, she's nice, but I secretly hated spending time with her."

Calypso cracked a smile, "That's because no one compares to me, Jordan."

Lee nodded, "Yeah. You're right. I didn't realize how much I liked your level head and the banter with Birdie and the others until I started jus spending my time with the twins. You can't do that with them, which is actually kinda sad."

She took in that information, although it wasn't like she was ever going to need it. She didn't hang out with the twins ever, so she wouldn't need to know it, but still. Just in case. "But it's good he got a girlfriend. I swear they're joined at the hips, but it's refreshing to know that they have a separate personality and everything."

"I get it," Lee said, obviously wanting to add more, probably how he knew the differences between them but that was only because of the amount of time he spent with them. And his ability to actually tell them apart, which not many people could actually do. Calypso sure couldn't.

Then dinner was over. Calypso said goodbye to Lee with the excuse that was going to the library and he left which meant she walked alone. Lee never liked being there unless it was for a special circumstance, which it wasn't. She was barely even paying attention and didn't notice the person in front of her until she bumped into them. "Oh, sorry," she apologized immediately.

"It's alright." Calypso's eyes snapped up at the voice, seeing Sloane Clarke there. They had only talked to each other once, but she could distinguish the voice. "I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Neither was I," Calypso said back, "I, uh, I didn't mean to bump into you."

"I know, obviously," Sloane rolled her eyes, "Not a lot of people just decide to bump into someone when they're not even paying attention to the world."

Calypso smiled at her sarcasm. "You going to the tournament tomorrow?" Sloane asked.

"I don't know. I mean, it's not like I'm excited for it or even rooting for anyone," Calypso answered, "You?"

"Definitely. My mother told me about the Tri-Wizard Tournament when I was home and I researched all about it I was so excited," Sloane smiled, "Though, I wish someone from Slytherin was the champion for Hogwarts, but whatever. Can't change any of that now, I suppose."

Calypso didn't comment about how Slytherins always seemed to make it about themselves and their glory, it wasn't the right time and she knew that wasn't true. Her mother had never been an attention seeker. Remelda liked to hide, as did her uncle. Although, both of her uncles didn't have a choice these days. One was on the run from Aurors in threat of going back to Azkaban and the other was thought to be dead. Oh well.

"And who do you want to win?" Calypso asked, hoping that she wouldn't say something to bash Harry in the process. Although the boy hated her last year for reasons he didn't even have proof of, he didn't seem so hostile this year. And, well, her uncle was his godfather.

"That's easy; Cedric. I mean, he's of age and everything, got in the tournament fair and square, unlike someone else I know..." and well, Sloane was no longer someone Calypso wanted to talk to. "Sorry, that's rude, but well, it's the truth."

"For you," Calypso said as light as she could, "Well, this was fun, but I have to go. Important meeting in the library and everything."

Sloane pursed her lips, obviously wanting to say something else to fight the statement, but just nodded. Calypso passed her with one last tight smile before trekking on. She had a meeting with her mother, after all.

She went upstairs until she got to the right floor and walking the corridors until she found herself right in front of where she needed to be. Closing her eyes and wishing, she made her wish for a room with a fireplace where she could talk to her mother. Opening them, she found that her wish had been granted; the room had seen what she truly required and had given it to her. Moving towards the door, she opened it and then closed it behind her, looking at her surroundings.

This was different from the one her uncle had. It didn't have a bed and couch with a TV, as he seemed to require that apparently, it only had a living room set up. The room was smaller than the bedroom for Sirius, but she didn't need a big room for just a talk with her mother through fire.

Calypso sat on the couch, looking at the grandfather clock in the room and counting down the minutes until it was eight, that was when her mother would come through. The minutes passed until it reached the lucky number and her eyes darted to the fireplace, which just had a lit fire. No face of Remelda Black, just a fire that illuminated the room and gave her warmth.

A few more minutes to passed and Calypso grew anxious, desperately wishing she had the letter than confirmed the time and date to calm her, showing that she was correct and not late, but she didn't have it. That was in her dorm. Calypso bit her lip, looking around the place but there was nothing else to do in the room besides wait.

"Calypso!" she heard a sharp whisper, causing her head to dart to the fireplace again which now held the face of her mother, "Hello, dear."

"Mum!" Calypso exclaimed, getting up from the couch and going to the floor to be closer to the fire. "Oh, we have so much to talk about!"

"I bet we do," Remelda agreed, "But first, let's start with the fact about Harry. They're letting him compete?"

Calypso nodded, "Yep. I don't understand it either, and no one knows how he even got his name in the goblet in the first place! He's denying everything and now the judges are just like 'well, the goblet has spoken therefore you have to compete' which is total bullshit."

"Language, darling. I don't know how you got such a foul mouth," Remelda teased but Calypso just sent her a look, "And are you even sure that he had an effort in placing his name in there? I haven't met him, not as a teenager, but he really doesn't seem like the type who would do such a thing."

"I don't think so, he's always had the light on him during school. What with all the scandals surrounding him, but people just think he's trying to steal all the glory from the tournament for himself," Calypso explained, "But no one's looking into it, not even the judges!"

"I'm sure that Dumbledore has it under control," Remelda tried to calm her daughter, but she just rolled her eyes, "Oh? What's your problem with him?"

"Well, he's never been the best at making choices for DADA teachers. I mean, I loved dad as my teacher, he's the only one who was competent, actually. But now we have Mad-Eye Moody as our teacher," Calypso told her.

"And what's wrong with him, sweetie?" Remelda asked, "I'm not Moody before and while he's a bit eccentric, I think he'll be a great teacher for you. Has he used his infamous 'constant vigilance' line on you all yet?"

Calypso frowned, "No, not even once. Out of all the times I've heard him speak, he's never once used that line. And do you characterize using the Unforgivable Curses as 'a bit eccentric', mum? Because I don't."

"He did what" Remelda screeched before taking a deep breath, "Sorry, he did what now?"

"The Unforgivable Curses. He used them all on spiders during our first lesson with him. Asked us all if we knew any and then he demonstrated them. Merlin, it was terrible and I don't know why Dumbledore asked him to teach this year," Calypso complained, chills going down her spine as she thought of the first lesson.

"That doesn't sound like him. The Moody I knew was always a bit weird in his ways, but he wouldn't do that. Especially not to children. Something's wrong," Remelda frowned.

Calypso scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Of course something's wrong! A lot of things are wrong this year, starting with Moody and ending with the whole tournament! Did you know the stopped it because someone died? And now they're like 'oh, whatever, that was a long time ago so let's try again' so now we're hosting it. Dumbledore said it himself that they were only allowing students of age to participate yet here's Harry, participating even though Dumbledore himself said that was against the rules. I hate this school."

"And where else would you go if not Hogwarts?" Remelda quipped back, causing Calypso to turn to silence, "That's what I thought. And it isn't that bad, Cal. If I could talk to Dumbledore about all of this, I would, but I don't think he'll listen to just one parent."

"He would about dad," she muttered, "Actually, dad wouldn't let him. He's good like that."

"Calypso..."

"No, I know, it's alright. But still, it just sucks about everything," Calypso groaned, "It's times like these I wish I was a muggle like Leo. Then I wouldn't have to worry about people judging me based on my murderous uncle and werewolf father, just last name in general, and don't forget tournaments where people could actually die!"

"Calypso, just because the muggle world doesn't have problems like those, doesn't mean they don't have problems," Remelda wisely said, "You've listened to Leo, and I bet he's written about his school. He has just as many problems as you, they're just different."

The teenager slumped, feeling utterly exhausted. "Yeah, you're right. I just wish things were different," Calypso said.

Remelda's expression softened as she looked at her, "I know, sweetie, I know. And I wish the same thing, too."

― 🌙 ―

CALYPSO ENDED UP in the stands, watching the first task. She was dragged there by Birdie, who abandoned her once they got there because she saw Lee and wanted to annoy the boy who was sitting with the twins, Kiara, and Maddox. She sat down, looking around as she waited for Birdie to come back and sit with her.

Too lost in her own thoughts, she didn't even hear someone sitting beside her until they already had. "Hi," she heard a shy voice she recognized well. Looking over, she saw it was Cho there. Giving her a small smile showing how nervous she was to be sitting there. "I, um, it's been a while."

Calypso nodded at the statement, wondering a bit as to why Cho had decided now to talk to her. "It has," Calypso found her voice again, "Last time I checked, you were ignoring me."

Cho flushed, "Right, yeah. I'm sorry, Calypso, that was totally unfair of me and I have a million excuses I could give but you don't want those, do you?" she shook her head, "Yeah. But, well, Angelina's my best friend and I was doing what was best for her by staying by her through everything, even if I didn't agree with her actions. I hope you understand."

She wished she didn't. She wished she didn't know the feeling, but she did. She stuck by her uncle through his bed decision to slash the Fat Lady's portrait. At least, for the most part. There was a moment where she hadn't, but after that, yeah.

"I do," Calypso said, "But it still hurt, losing two of my friends over something I didn't even know I did."

"And I'm sorry, again. I never meant to hurt you, and I know that Angelina's already explained everything to you and I know that doesn't mean you have to forgive us or anything, but I want you to. I do. Because I miss you, you and Birdie," Cho continued, calm even though she looked like she was going to break down. The Chang girl was always emotional.

Calypso frowned at that, "What do you mean you want Birdie back? Isn't she still talking to you?"

"You don't know?" Cho asked and she shook her head, "Oh, I would've thought she told you. Birdie was talking to us, until you found out. She didn't want to jeopardize your friendship anymore so she stopped talking to us. And I know it's so unfair to be hurt, but we were. I was. And I know I have no right to ask you to forgive and let us back in, but I'd like that. I would, but I won't force it on you."

"Why now?" Calypso found herself asking, the last piece of the puzzle to her. "I mean, why are you talking to me now? Angelina apologized so long ago and you could've said anything before then but you didn't, you waited until now."

Cho nodded, "Yeah, I did. I thought that if you forgave Angelina you would've told her by now. I was giving you time, but when you didn't...I wanted to talk to you myself. I shouldn't, probably, because you told me never to talk to you again and that should mean just leaving you to come back if you want, but well, I wanted to apologize to you myself."

Calypso looked at her. Here she was, thinking about the pain that Cho caused her. How she told her to leave, how they both told her to leave them alone before and her response to that. How much it hurt when she first went up to them only to be turned away, shunned and given the cold shoulder. And, yet, she couldn't quite remember the memory clearly. It was fuzzy, clouded by the apologies. They both felt terrible about it, that was clear, and Calypso didn't know how to feel about that.

"I want to forgive you," Calypso started, looking at the girl, "I really do, but...all of these, because Angelina fancied me. Because she got jealous and just thought some time away would be enough. That's fine, I get that for her, but you? You didn't have to turn me away, you didn't have to ignore me along with Angelina. You could've stayed by both our sides, like Birdie, but you didn't. And I felt like such shit because of this for so long, wondering why you left. And I was left without an explanation."

Cho looked down guiltily. "I'm sorry," she choked out and Calypso knew she was so close to crying, "I really am, Calypso. I just – I thought I was doing the rest thing. I hated it but Angelina's my best friend and I thought it was for just a week. But she kept ignoring you and I didn't know what to do. I just went along with it – I'm sorry."

"I know," Calypso said softly, and she did. She understood and she wanted to forgive Cho so much, forgive both her and Angelina. She was almost there with the Johnson girl, understanding her motive more, but Cho...Cho hurt because she wasn't the leader of the operation, she was the one who chose to stand by Angelina and not Calypso. Who knew why Angelina was ignoring her and going with it, not fighting back or talking to Calypso even when Angelina wasn't around. "But I can't forgive you yet."

Cho nodded. "I'm sorry for wasting your time then," and the girl got up and walked away.

Calypso took a shaky breath as Birdie smiled, taking the spot where Cho was sitting before. "Lee is so much fun to mess with, and it's to easy. Just a comment about what girls like in guys and he's already riled up...Merlin, I love annoying him," she giggled before turning to see the expression on her face, "Cal, you alright?"

She gulped and nodded, "Yeah, I think, but why didn't you tell me that you stopped hanging out with Angelina and Cho last year? After I blew up in your face?"

"I didn't want to talk about them," Birdie frowned, "I mean, you already made it clear that you wanted nothing to do with them and I didn't want to keep egging on about them or make it seem like I only did it because I needed a way for you to keep being my friend. You didn't need a reason to be forced to stick with me, and I didn't even think it was that important."

"It is," Calypso said, "Because this whole time I thought you were still friends with them."

"Well, now you know and I hope that you aren't mad. I didn't like what Angelina was doing anyways, with the whole ignoring thing, it didn't make much sense to me, but whatever," Birdie told her, "So you're not the only reason I stopped hanging around them."

Calypso nodded. She watched as the announcer started up, stating how the task was about to start. They stated the order which the event would go; Cedric first, followed by Fleur, then Viktor and ending with Harry. How typical. Her eyes went forward, actually glad to have the distraction. She saw Cedric's figure and the dragon, and she was filled with anger. They were having students fight against dragons? Oh, she had a lot of colorful words to exchange with those in charge, not like they would listen if she actually went to them with her thoughts. Still, she focused on Cedric, letting her mind wander just to what she could see in front of her. She didn't want to think about anything else right now.

uh I know this was supposed to be up Tuesday but I really didn't want to write for this, but to make up for that I make this chapter a bit longer. and the idea to add the remelda fire chat thing came from one of you commenting that you wanted to see more of remelda, which got me thinking because obviously I couldn't show her at Christmas because of the Yule Ball, but then I thought of the fire scene with sirius in ootp and that's how this was born, so thanks for that.

also this needs 3 comments for me to start writing the next update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 986 40
Your time is running out, You should really watch your mouth. Regulus Black x OC ยฉ op81lovebot
339K 13.4K 40
โThe monsters were never under my bed. Because the monsters were inside my head. I fear no monsters, for no monsters I see. Because all this time the...
17.4K 1K 27
โ I ALWAYS FELT LIKE I WAS SO ALONE IN THIS WORLD. โž โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” เผŠ*ยทหš ๐ŸŒ™ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฒ'๐ฌ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž in which two teens, cursed...
6K 323 15
in which estrella consuelas finds herself holding harry potter's heart in her hands and realises what it's like to mean something to someone ...