MY BOSS [the Series]

Par TheLiterateRee

#1 in The Boss series WARNING! This is not your typical boss-meets-P.A-and-falls-in-love- with-P.A story. ... Plus

BOOK 1: MY BOSS
1: Let's Celebrate
2: I Don't Care About Your Feet
3: Your Dress Is Too Revealing
4: You Don't Have a Say in My Personal Life, Sir.
5: No Offense, But Your Brother Has Serious Attitude Issues
Characters
6: Need A Ride Miss?
7: Ladies And Gentlemen, We May Proceed
8: Quickie
9: Dinner With the Boyfriend
10: You And Me
11: Long Night
12: Juicy Fruit
13: Hawaiian Sunset
14: Change of Mind
15: His Girlfriend
16: Red Roses
17: Come On, I'm Taking You Home
18: Make the First Move
19: Comfortable Clothes
Appreciation
20: A Kiss To Remember
Thanks
21: Miss Soon-to-be-married
22: Get A Room
23: Can't You See? I'm Climbing Up A Tree.
Book Cover
24: You Manage To Drive One Crazy.
25: Deeper in love
26: Third-wheel
27: Jealous dinner
28: Stress and Onions
29: The Ride's Just Beginning
30: High expectations
31: Polite Robber.
Book cover
33: Panic
35: Destroying The Past
36: In Charge
Opinions
37: Threats of A Coward
38: Kisses For The Orphans
39: Threats of a Mirror
40: Obviously, You're Occupied
41: Closer to him
42: The End
ANNOUNCEMENT
#
Note
SEQUEL
BOOK 2: END OF THE BEGINNING
1: Get Someone to Hit You Very Hard
2: Ultimatum
3: Cat Got Your Tongue?
4: Him
5: Budding Love
6: CHILVARY
7: WISHFUL
8: Unquenchable Fire
9: A New Discovery
10: Love Triangle
11: Mission Impossible
12: The Man
13: Kidnapped Together
14: You Don't Even Have An Eye Shadow
15: Kiss Me Senseless
16: Dark Scare
17: Friends With Benefits
18: Getting Wet
19: Dada Mama
20: You're Such a Cow
21: Games and Threats
22: Glowing Trees
23: I Like Surprises of Course, Babe
24: Peppered Kisses
25: Sweet Jealousy
26: Cheating Sister
27:I've Been Kissing Your Best Friend
28: Wedding Day
29:I Know What A Graveyard Is
30:Keep Your Ego To Yourself
31: Dead End
32: Love Hurts Pt 1.
33: Love Hurts Pt. 2
34: Let Him In
3*: Proposal
Epilogue
BOOK 3: SOME LIKE IT TANGLED
1:Nice Booty Babe
2: For Future References, I Can Be a Monster When I'm Hungry
3:
4: Let's Kiss
5: Heart throb
Happy New Year
6:
7: Let's Say I Found a Couple Of Boy friends
8: Let's Get Down To Business
9: Did You Have Constipation or Something?
Happy New Year
10: Don't Be Such a Cockroach
11: Dog Pile
12: Family of Elephants
13: Break Up With Gemma,Because I will
14: The Life Of a Girl
Other Books
15: How Did She Die?
16
17: The Reason Victoria's Dead
UPDATE!
18: School Again
19: Can We Crash It?
20: Car Chase
21: Stolen
22- Freedom
23: Emotions on the Carpet
24:
25: Bucket Lists
26: A little pleasure never hurts
27: Lots of Tissues Anyone?
28: "Eww! Now I Have to Pick Another Car"
29: Sudden Attraction
30: Does a Silly Jump
31: Babies
Epilogue

32: Settling down

9.6K 270 23
Par TheLiterateRee

'Settling Down'

AFTER I HAD unpacked my bags, I sat down on the soft bed and stared at the different objects in the room. A couple of minutes later, my phone began ringing.

Mom.

"Hello mom." I lightly brushed my hair with my fingertips as I waited for her to speak.

"Hello baby, how was your flight?"

"It was stressful mom, but it's over now."

My mom let out a little laugh. I smiled in return and laid back on my bed.

"I'm guessing you've met Eric."

I sighed, thinking about my humiliation earlier.

"Yes mom, he has shown me to where I'll be staying, and my classes start tomorrow."

"OK then."

There was a long silence and I interrupted it.

"Where's Tamara?"

In response, I heard a loud bang accompanied with a shout.

"I'm right here baby!"

I rolled my eyes as I realized mom placed my call on loudspeaker.

"Tam, can you quit being childish for once?"

She scoffed and I bit my lips to seal in a laughter threatening to escape.

"Miss Grumpy, how are you doing?"

"Miss Grumpy?" I demanded, feigning anger.

"Yes." She responded, lacing her speech with a short laughter.

We ended up bickering over the stupid nickname she had cooked up until mom snatched the phone from her.

"That's enough for today, I'll call you later baby, enjoy your stay in London."

She hung up. After tossing my phone to the other side of the bed, I pushed myself off the bed, deciding to explore the house.

I went out through the door and turned right, pushing open the first door my eyes caught.

Wow.

Although the kitchen wasn't so large, I loved it anyway. Closing the door, I moved elsewhere.

I opened another door and my eyes drove round the large number of books seated on lots of shelves. Some were merely stacked on a table.

After a few minutes of looking around, I was drained of energy so I headed back to my room and took a refreshing bath and changed into more comfortable clothes.

While I lingered at the window overlooking a large garden, my stomach rumbled and it was a reminder that I hadn't eaten anything since I arrived.

I set an internal reminder so that I'll remember to go shopping for appropriate food. But for now, I needed something to fill my stomach with.

Heading back to the kitchen, I unapologetically descended on the suitable food items there. Their owner could kill me later, my food first.

While I ate, I stared wistfully around the kitchen. I took notice of the coffee maker perched atop the marble slab, hopefully, I wouldn't be needing it.

The sound of a door opening dragged me out of my reverie. I twisted my neck in the direction of the kitchen's door and I saw a pair of brown eyes staring suspiciously at me.

The owner of the eyes was a girl my age, only that she had dark skin and her hair was black and curly, she had on a pair of jeans shorts and a tank top with a small jacket partially concealing the tank top.

A black backpack hung from her shoulder, some books were held in one hand and the other was placed on her waist.

"Hey." She genuinely smiled at me and approached me.

"You must be Florence, Eric told me about your arrival." She continued and forcefully placed her books on the marble slab.

"Yes, I'm Florence, I'll be attending the Fashion Management School for a few months."

She nodded.

"That's good, because I also attend there. I'm Kilani by the way."

She extended a hand and I took it in an handshake.

I continued eating and she watched me carefully, I knew that look, the same weird look anyone who's not aware of me being a vegetarian, gives me.

"I'm a vegetarian too." She spoke. I gave her an approving nod, glad to finally find someone who understood one area of my life.

"I'm glad we have something in common."

She laughed and picked up an apple and began munching it, while we talked about different things. She offered to show me around London and I accepted her offer. She told me a few stories about the Fashion Management School, all of which I found quite interesting.

She said she was a Nigerian but her parents lived here in London, at Knightsbrigdge precisely.

After a few hours of talking, we retired to our rooms. Kilani offered to cook dinner and asked me to freshen up and get well rested.

I showered and changed into a pair, of black sweatpants, a white tank top and a white and black checkered bandana tied on my hair. My phone was still lacking any message from Peter, even when I tried calling, he didn't answer the call.

I remembered what my mom told me and Tamara a few years back.

"Don't allow a man conclude that you're desperate. If he chooses to ignore you, ignore him too till he travels back to his senses. If after a couple of tries, he still refuses to come back, let go of him..."

***

The next morning, after I had taken my bath and dressed appropriately for my first day at school, ridiculous as it sounds. I stepped out of the house with Kilani who had on a pair of turquoise blue Jeans trousers and a button down shirt, on her feet was a pair of Converse shoes.

Outside, like Eric had promised, a car was waiting for me, the driver who gave his name as Mr. Andrew opened the door for us and we slid into the car.

When we arrived at the Fashion Management School, I was overwhelmed by the beautiful buildings which were orderly arranged. I could see other students hurrying into the buildings with their books and bags.

"Let me warn you beforehand, we have so many cliches here, just like college, and we have bullies too, only that they are often serious in carrying out their threats." Kilani warned while we walked up the numerous steps that led to the main building.

"Another thin..." my phone rang, cutting off whatever she wanted to say.

"Excuse me, I have to take this." I raised my phone to my ear and listened.

"Hello, Angel." The voice I had so much desired to hear spoke into my ears, arousing different feelings in me, but I locked them up in an imaginary prison. If there's anything I hate, it's allowing my emotions control me. Your emotions can make you make rash decisions that you'll never forget. Even though I'm still in love with Peter, he still needs to be taught a lesson.

"Hey." I replied flippantly.

"I'm sorry." Peter apologised. I looked in Kilani's direction, she was conversing with a chocolate-skinned girl, judging from the way they occasionally glanced at me, I knew they were talking about me.

"Peter, this isn't just about you saying sorry."

"I'll prove it to you, if you want."

"Peter, how else do you want to prove it, I don't need any proof, I have a school to attend here, I need to concentrate on that."

Kilani walked away from her friend and stood next to me.

"Promise me that we'll talk when you come back."

"Yes, Peter, we will."

"Good bye Angel, I love you."

I'm beginning to seriously doubt that.

He hung up and I breathed deeply.

"Are you alright?" Kilani placed a hand on my shoulder, peering into my face.

"Yes, I'm OK."

Clearly, she was in doubt but she shrugged.

As we continued our walk up the steps, Kilani pointed at some buildings and told me what they were for.

I met up with Eric after I and Kilani had parted ways, he showed me around the school and introduced me to my new Teacher and my class. I ignored the glares and stares my new classmates gave me and I took my seat at the back of the class.

Majority of my classes were just to introduce me to the basics of Fashion Management, but I enjoyed everyone of them anyways.

After classes, Kilani and I headed back home, driven by Mr Andrew. While the drive was in progress, so many things sped through my mind, including Peter. He promised me that we'll talk when I get back, I just hope things will go back to how they were before, the romantic dates, hilarious moments, and all that. See, this was why I didn't want to get into a relationship, I'll think about my significant other so much and be oblivious to every other thing around me.

My phone beeped and I checked it, I received a text message from Tamara.

📥📥📥
I've got great news for you, Mike and I fixed our wedding for December, when you'll be back, I hope you'll be my bridesmaid. I'm at work, but I just thought I should inform you, BTW, I love you sis.

I smiled at the message. I sent my reply immediately.

📥📥📥
OMG! That's great, I'm definitely looking forward to being your bridesmaid...

Tears streamed down my eyes as I went down the Memory Lane, remembering when I and Tamara were little girls, playing together, eating together, walking to school together... all of it seems like it was just yesterday. Time really flies, doesn't it?

***

Hey there lovelies, how are you doing today? I hope you liked this one.

The Weekend's here already, you know my routine, I won't update much during the weekend, I have tons of things to do at home, so I'll update on Monday.

I have a lot of plot twists coming your way, I'll really appreciate if y'all wait for them.

I dislike stories that are rushed and that's what I'm trying to avoid here.

Until then ..

Tris.❤❤❤

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

884K 22.1K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...
2.5M 81.1K 45
*Highest ranking /7/ in romance* /1/ in humor* "Ms. Sanders?" He said in his deep and sexy voice after scrutinising...
4.6M 170K 46
Highest- #2 in Romance "Aren't you a feisty little thing?" He chuckled. I stopped breathing at the close proximity, my knees turning to jelly. I lean...
2.7M 81.1K 49
He took a deep breath. Than began to lower his hand further south, down my neck, stopping at my cleavage. He took an even deeper breath, closing his...