(Durarara!! - Shizuo x Reader...

By Ahmelyie

COMPLETED!! Summary/Preview: (F/n), an expert assassin, was hired by Orihara Izaya to dispatch his rival sinc... More

A/N:
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 1
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 2
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 3
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 4
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 5
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 7
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 8
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 9
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 10
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 11
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 12
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 13
A/N 2: First Transition of Arcs
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 1
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 2
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 3
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 4
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 5
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 6
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 7
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 8
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 9
IMPORTANT (not an update)
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 10
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 11
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 12
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 13
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 14
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 15
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 16
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 17
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 18
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 19
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 20
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 21
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 22
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 23
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 24
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 25
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 26
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 27
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 28
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 29
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 30
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 31
A/N 3: Second Transition of Arcs
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 1
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 2
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 3
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 4
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 5
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 6
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 7
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 8
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 9
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 10
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 11
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 12
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 13
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 14
A/N 4: Last Transition
Denoument - Ending - Finale - Grand Finale

[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 6

368 9 2
By Ahmelyie

[Shizuo's POV]

There's definitely no way (F/n) can be a chef. Such a slowpoke will not be accepted.

When I look at her, she's so cheerful and she isn't the type of person to be clumsy. Somehow, that childish grin across her face is enough to make me smile just a bit. I can compare her from four-eyed flea. They seem the same.

"Eh? Shizuo?" I heard flea say.

"What?"

"You're ... smiling?"

"Huh?" I dropped that smile. I didn't notice I was smiling. "It's nothing." I retorted as I casually pushed my sun glasses up.

"Come to think of it, Shizuo..." he lingered, looking up while rubbing his chin. I can see from the corner of my eye that (F/n) is looking back at us.

I raised a brow at him. Then, he suddenly pulled me a little lower and whispered to my ear. "(F/n) could be a good wife someday." I raised my brow a little more.

"A good wife, huh?" I whispered back to him, disbelievingly. I could remember how annoying a self-proclaimed brat (F/n) is.

"Well, she's skilled and dedicated at work... so it's possible," flea continued. "...For you, of course."

"What the-?" I looked at his face and now, he's cracking that pervy grin. Once a flea, always a flea... "I don't want a bitch like her," I flatly said.

(F/n) had that confused-worried look on her face when she walked closer to us. Shinra and I moved apart.

"Were you talking about me?" she asked worriedly as she put down the third set on the table. "I kept noticing you two."

"What?! No! Of course not!" Shinra panicked defensively.

"Yes, we are," I retorted nonchalantly, Shinra froze.

"That's rude!" She slammed her clenched fist on the table. Shinra shrieked. Then, she continued her rant. "If you want to talk about me, then let me join! Don't talk things about me without me hearing it!"

"C-Calm down, (F/n)!" Shinra exclaimed.

(F/n) looked down, then looked back awkwardly while rubbing the back of her head. "Sorry. I overdid it." She broke an awkward laugh.

Shinra sighed. "If Celty wakes up, she'll be really mad at me."

"I'm really sorry," she said again.

I didn't wait for the two of them to calm down. I pulled my chair and sat while looking at the two who wouldn't settle down just yet. "Hey, the food is waiting. How long do you two intend to talk?"

"Uh yeah. Alright." Shinra sat in front of me and (F/n) sat on the other side.

"We're digging in!"

Food was fast. Since it was raining outside and we are all hungry, we finished right away without talking to each other while eating. Flea was the biggest eater. He even asked for seconds. (F/n) on the other hand, doesn't seem to care how she would look like in front of us while she's eating. She has sauce around her mouth and she doesn't wipe it off.

Flea let go of his bowl and burped. "Oops," he mouthed as he covered his mouth. (F/n) laughed cutely. I did nothing.

"Well, who's gonna wash the dishes?" Flea asked us, eyeing at me.

"Not me!" (F/n) answered, smiling. "I helped out with the preparations."

Both stared at me and I knew what they wanted. "Fine." I stood up and picked the empty bowls and dishes. "I'll do the cleanup."

"Yay!" the two 'children' exclaimed, raising their arms up. Tch! Kids in the house...

I went straight into the kitchen and placed the dishes on the sink. I started washing them. While I was busy (F/n) and flea seems to busy themselves by talking random things. They were noisy and they won't shut up.

"Shut up!" I told them, trying to look intimidating. Shinra had an apologetic look on his face which she didn't have. I went back to my business and they started chatting again from low tone back to the volume when I shouted at them.

I didn't mind them anymore. I am bothered with what flea told me...

"(F/n) is good enough to be your wife." ... Cut that crap! I don't want (F/n)! If I were to fall for a woman, she would be the last in the list!

"Whoa!" A plate slipped. I was lucky I caught if before it fell.

"Shizuo?!" Flea rushed to the kitchen. "What happened?"

"Nothing," I retorted without looking back at him. "I'm almost finished here. You and (F/n), just chat."

"Um... okay." He left the kitchen and did what I told him.

Even if I were to break a plate, it wouldn't matter to him. I have crushed plenty of his silver cups and he didn't demand any compensation. Heh!

As I finished washing the plates, I dried my hands and went back to the living room where the two were staying. They were playing video games already.

"Oh. Shizuo, you're back," Shinra greeted me.

"You're playing video games. Why not watch TV?" I asked.

"The antenna connection was cut off... there is a storm, remember?" (F/n) mocked.

I ignored her. If I keep minding her, we'll end up scrapping. I just sat near the two of them.

"Why don't you just play with us?" She offered, throwing the pod to me. I caught it.

"Now, now, Missy. Shizu-chan don't play video games. He never had interests for them," Shinra commented.

"Don't call me that. You remind me of the bastard," I told him, glaring.

"Sorry, sorry..."

"Oh? What a waste," said (F/n).

The entire day finished with the two of them playing video games and me watching them, since I don't have anything to do. It's still storming hard outside. Even if all windows are closed, I can feel and hear it.

"Ah! It's over!" Shinra exclaimed as he stretched his arms out after he and (F/n) finished playing.

"I wish there's some continuation," (F/n) added, rubbing her eyes. "But I'm tired, too." She yawned.

"Hey, Shinra. When the storm calms down, (F/n) and I are leaving," I told him while they were busy keeping the game console.

"Aw. Why don't you two just stay for the night?" he answered. "The storm doesn't look like it'll die sooner."

"What? We...? Stay for the night?" (F/n) reacted. "You're doing us so much favor."

"Nah." He shrugged off. "That's better that you two dying due to that storm. (F/n), you're not a super human." He winked.

"Alright," (F/n) answered, confused. She pouted.

Shinra went to the other room and I followed him until the door. "Shinra... this is the first time we met (F/n). How can you be so easy letting her stay overnight?"

"What? You brought her here and then you don't trust her?" He inquired back, seemingly disappointed.

"Like I had a choice. Even I couldn't stand the storm. How much more if I let her on her own?"

"Good point. Then just keep an eye on her." The underground four-eyes pulled a futon out of the pile on his room and gave it to me. "Use this. You and (F/n) won't fit together in the sofa."

"Tch!" One more and I might even wring flea's neck...

"Just kidding!" He winked at me and opened the door to his bedroom. "I'm gonna sleep so better sleep now." He grinned, then closed the door.

"Tch!"

"What?" (F/n) asked as I walked to her and threw the futon towards her face.

"Lay that on the floor and sleep on it," I told her as I climbed on the sofa and laid down.

She grimaced and snob. "Why should I? Won't you be a gentleman and give me the sofa instead?"

"No. Won't do. I'm not a gentleman."

"I'll pull you off there!"

"Give it a try. I don't care."

She gave it a try and failed. "Heavy..."

I took off my sun glasses and slipped it on my shirt. She still hasn't given up. "Just lay the futon on the floor and sleep on it."

"No! I'll sleep up there!"

I sighed and just let her pull me off until she's satisfied. She's hard headed and she won't listen to me anyway.

Sooner, she gave up, laid the futon, closed the lights, and laid on it. "Fine, you win... Heiwajima Shizuo."

I kept an eye on her for a while to make sure that she's really sleeping and she won't do anything to further confirm my suspicion. When she's snoring for about half-an-hour, I resigned myself to sleep.

I want to think that (F/n) is just a normal helpless girl, but my instincts are telling me not to believe it...

-

[Reader's POV]

My mind was set. At exactly 1:30 in the morning, I woke up. The storm went down, it's dark inside, and I could hear soft snores. Everyone is sleeping, keeping themselves at home in their dreamlands.

I sat up, careful not to make any sound. I looked around as I stood up. I could hear the remaining drops from the storm, falling from the roof.

Yes. I could hear even the most sensitive sound... since it's completely silent inside Shinra's apartment.

I carefully made my way to the kitchen and took a vegetable knife. I checked my pocket if I still have the poison bottle in it and took it out. I wish I could open the lights, but it would be too risky - not because I will wake them up with the brightness, but it will cause me to make more obvious sounds. Still, the dark makes me fear that I might stumble and create unnecessary noises that could lead me to demise.

I carefully opened the bottle so that I spill out all of the contents. I put some on my finger and grazed it on the blade, a lot more careful not to wound myself.

After I finished, I went back to my futon and stood right behind the blonde. I gripped tight into the weapon in my grasp. I won't kill him because I wanted to, but because this is my job and I can't do anything about it... How hostile must world be...?

-

[Celty's POV]

I don't know why, but I suddenly realized I was awake. Shinra beside me is sleeping soundly. How confusing... why am I awake?

I carefully slipped off the covers and went near to the clock. It says it's just 1:37. I'd like to sleep, but I don't feel weary at all. Maybe I should take a short walk inside just to make myself sleepy again.

That's why I decided to head out of my bedroom. Thank goodness, Shinra didn't wake up. Wait...

Why on Earth is he sleeping beside me?! Didn't he have his own bed? ... That stupid Shinra! I want to punch him when he wakes up!

A familiar glare caught my attention as I closed the door. When I looked at the direction, I was surprised to see (F/n) holding a knife over Shizuo. She swung it over and before she could stab him, I let out my black substance and grabbed her arms.

She gasped and faced my direction. I walked up to show myself.

"Celty-san, why? Why do you stop me?" she mouthed. She gritted her teeth and I just looked at her as she tried to get off my grasp. I looked at Shizuo and he seemed to be disturbed in his sleep.

I responded through my PDA, "(F/n), you're the assassin Izaya hired to kill Shizuo?"

"So what if I am?" she mouthed again. I tighten my grip on her wrist and she let go of the blade. I caught the knife by handle and brought it to me. I examined the blade. When my substance touched it, it burned. Just as I thought, there is poison...

I looked back at her. She's caught. I looked into her eyes, and figured out that something can be done to change her mind, but not at this moment. There's nothing much she could do at her current state.

"Let me go!" she pleaded and I let her go. She rushed towards the window, opened it, and jumped from it.

Shizuo sat up from the sofa. "What was it?" he asked, while rubbing his eyes. I quickly hid the blade behind.

"(F/n) left," I quickly typed on my PDA and showed. "She said she doesn't want to stay any longer."

"Just as I thought... that (F/n) is suspicious," he told me before he went back to sleep.

I went to the open window to peek down, but no one was there. I just closed it and head back to bed.

I let (F/n) escape because I believe that she isn't that bad as a person...

-

[Normal POV]

The assassin landed safely from her fall. She looked up once before she ran away.

She ran and ran as fast as she could, disappointed at her extreme failure. "Damn it! I was found again and again!" was written all over her face.

She wasn't looking directly at where she was going and all of a sudden, she tripped. Her fall on the ground was quite painful. Before she could stand up, she was surrounded by a group of men with white scarves covering their faces.

"It's her, isn't she?" one inquired.

"Yes. It's definitely her," the other retorted.

One man went behind her and held her wrists behind with one hand. She struggled to get free, but she wasn't strong enough. Another man went in front of her and covered her face with a hanky.

As soon as her consciousness begin to fade, she heard the most shocking and ironic remark, "You did well, (F/n) (L/n). You did well tonight..."

Slowly, her consciousness faded away...    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 5.2K 20
*****Completed******* Izaya Orihara is a strange person. On the outside he seems heartless and even psychotic. However, on the inside, he suffers thr...
193K 8.2K 103
Shizuo and Izaya are both always fighting. It's always the same. Shizuo gets angry, and Izaya always gets away. So what happens when things turn out...
1K 35 10
Izaya Orihara is the victim of a vicious stabbing in the heart of Ikebukoro which leaves his nerves destroyed and him paralysed from the waist down...
90.1K 3.3K 25
You met Izaya Orihara in college, and you have always been impressed by his intelligence and good looks. As a desperate attempt to stay together afte...