Loss of Innocence

By AwesomeCo-Writers

*WARNING: there are descriptions of abuse and rape in this story. I strongly suggest that readers should be 1... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter SevenPointFive
Chapter Eight
Chapter EightpointFive
Chapter EightPointSeventyFive
Chapter Nine
Chapter 10
Chapter TenPointFive
Chapter Eleven
Chapter ElevenPointFive
Chapter Twelve
Chapter TwelvePointFive
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter ThirteenPointFive
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter FourteenPointFive
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter 20
Chapter TwentyOne
Chapter TwentyTwo
Chapter TwentyThree
Chapter TwentyFour
Chapter TwentyFive
Chapter TwentyFivePointFive
Chapter TwentySix
Chapter TwentySeven
Chapter TwentyEight
Epilogue

Chapter EighteenPointFive

30.4K 761 119
By AwesomeCo-Writers

READ THIS:  I have a research report to work on... So I WONT be able to upload till the weekend OR next week, so I tried to make this as long as possible.

Chapter 18.5

Rylan Sauron

Unbelievably, excruciating pain.  It felt as if millions of needles managed to make it into my blood stream and an outside magnetic force is forcing them out. My fingers dug onto my skin as I tried to peel my skin open and let the damn needles out. My heart pounded against my chest as I succumbed into a very familiar dark and uncomfortable feeling.

I let out a groan as the pain intensified. My heart went into overdrive as the little needles felt more like knives trying stab their way out of my body.

What’s happening?’ I thought to myself as the pain worsened.

‘The…Power…’ The unknown magik/werewolf gasped out. ‘The power!’

‘What about it?’

He only responded with a scream of pain. Another jolt of pain hit me, making my body go limp and my heartbeats quicken.

Answer me, damn it!’

I began to feel frustrated, remembering the feeling of her soft lips against mine. The way her lips sensually touched mine and the way her addictive scent filled my nostrils. For some reason, her scent has been altered. I shrugged that of as one of the effects of our mating.

I would really give anything to have that dream once again. She had a strange but beautiful glow about her that made my heart clench. Why did it have to be a damn dream?

When will this end?’ I asked myself, feeling all of the frustrations and sadness weighed down upon me. I knew that I deserved far worse than this. I didn’t deserve a beautiful and loving mate like Arabella. She deserved someone who would’ve loved her and would’ve given her a damn choice. We did not mate out of mutual love… We mated out of my damn jealous rage.

My sweet Arabella, I do not deserve you at all.’

****

“Rylan?” Her sweet voice called out to me, pulling me out of pain and darkness that I was trapped in. “Rylan? Please wake up!”

Slowly, the darkness began to fade as the light began to envelope me. Her soft hands softly caressed mine, willing my eyes to see her beautiful face again. After a couple of minutes, I finally managed to force my eyes to open.

“Rylan!” Arabella gasped, looking at me as if I’d grown two heads. “He’s awake!”

She shot out of the chair and opened the door wide. “He’s up! Call the doctor!”

Looking back at me with a small smile, she took my hands in hers again and brushed my hair with her fingers.

“I’m…” I coughed out, feeling my throat constrict and get irritated by the dryness.

“Hold on,” she let go of my hands and walked out of the room.

I looked around my room, seeing how there were little changes made here and there. I shrugged that off, kind of liking the warm feeling the new additions gave off. I tried to move my arms, but found that they seemed to be as heavy as a damn boulder.

“Alpha,” Lance, the pack doctor, came in with a big grin on his face. “How are you feeling?”

I pointed to my through, earning a sheepish laugh from him. “Here!” Arabella shouted, rushing over to the over side of my bed and guiding the straw into my mouth. As soon as the water touched my tongue, I couldn’t stop myself from drinking it all.  “That’s what two and a half weeks of coma would do to you.”

“Two….?” My voice croaked from not having to use them for two and a half weeks!

“Two and a half, yes,” she gave me a sad smile before looking back at the doctor.

Lance jotted down my vital signs. “I’d advise you to drink as much fluids as you can and to rest for a little while before going back to managing the pack businesses.”

“Thank you,” I nodded as he started to pack his things. Arabella walked over to him and helped.

“You’re welcome. Thank you, Luna. You should see the changes our Luna has made. If I may say so myself, she has been the best Luna I’ve ever seen. Trust me; I’ve seen many of them. She is the most involved and unselfish one out there.” his eyes shone with admiration, causing my heart to swell with pride. She was my Luna.

“It’s all part of the job description,” Arabella chuckled as she escorted Lance out of the room.

“So what changes have you made?” She stiffened, looking at me with worry and uncertainty in her eyes.

“It’s best if we talk about pack matters later. You’ve just woken from your two and a half weeks of slumber. It’s best if you try to rest,” she fluffed my pillows and tucked me in.

“You’ve said it yourself that I’ve been here,” I cleared my throat, hating the fact that my voice was cracking. “For two and a half weeks. I’ve had enough rest.”

“That’s not it. You’ve been here in pain for two and a half weeks. That is not called resting at all,” she protested. “Now do as I say and stay in bed.”

“Only if you’d join me,” I challenged, watching her mouth open in shock.

“I…Pack matters,” she whispered. “I have things to do.”

“Let me,” I tried to get up but to no avail.

“I’m so sorry,” she mumbled looking at me with her big green eyes. “I haven’t gotten the time to exercise your muscles in four days.” She pulled the covers away and started to massage and help flex my muscles. Her touch sent shivers down my spine and helped with the tension in my arms. “Tell you what,” her fingers dug onto my biceps, unknotting the tense muscles there.  “If you let me get to the office, I will get the paperwork and do them here.”

“Deal,” I groaned out, causing her to stiffen. “Sorry,” she slowly pulled away from me and looked at the patterns of the blanket.

“I’ll go down. I will inform Jake of your awakening,” she cleared her throat and left. Just like that, I watched her close off and become distant once again.

I tried to move my arms again, only to have them shake and fall limp against my abdomen. Her light footsteps was all I heard before the door squeaked open.

“Yes. He’s up,” Arabella scrunched her brows and shut the phone off before Jake could respond. She had a stack of files in one hand and a phone in the other.

“What’s with that?” I questioned, not getting how cold she has sounded to Jake.

“These are the paper work,” she stated with sarcasm dripping out of each word.

“I meant the phone call,” I clarified, breathing deeply. Snapping at her won’t do me any good.

“My other hand was feeling a bit numb from the weight so I needed to hang up,” she shrugged, perusing through the files.

The whole morning went like that. I watched as small smiles and little frowns formed on her face. Thoughtful expressions were plastered on her face as she scribbled things down and scratched things out.

She’d casually send me small smiles and ask for my input in some problems.  Lunch time came around as Beatrice served us and Arabella fed me. She was so gentle that she made my stomach turn with regret. She didn’t deserve someone like me. Hell, she deserved the whole world. Arabella was everything a wolf could ever ask for a mate.

After lunch, she resumed looking over the files and I continued to watch her. I figured out that I would never get tired of bored of watching my beautiful mate take over as the Luna of my pack.

“Damn it,” she cursed, clenching her fists tightly.

She quickly snatched her phone from the night stand and dialed a number.

“Hello?” a familiar male voice answered.

“Nicolai, we’ve got a problem,” she looked over the file with anger in her eyes. “The clearing between the Grant pack and Baine territory. Bring some men over there now!”

“Yes, Luna,” the line went dead as Arabella shut her phone off and threw the files into the ground.

“Was that Nicolai….?” I trailed watching as her face drained out of colors.

After two whole minutes of looking at the ground, her eyes met mine. She cleared her throat and nodded, “That was Nicolai, the temporary leader of the Grant Pack.”

“What?” My head began to throb at the newfound information. That damn rogue! “What happened to Austin?”

“I didn’t approve of his corrupted leadership, so I got rid of him,” the tone of her voice was grave, telling me that it had a much darker meaning.

“Get rid…?”

“I killed him,” she said casually, as if killing has been so natural to her.

“Why did you do that? I specifically wanted him to-“

“To ruled the pack justly and make sure that its people are taken care of. Tell me, does draining the pack’s bank account and using them on useless things go under that category? Does raping the innocent women and degrading the other members sound like the members are being taken care of?” Her eyes burned with anger and sadness. “That is not what a leader should be like! If you don’t like the way I’ve changed some things, then feel free to take over and run the whole thing to the ground. You truly have poor judgment when it comes to people.”

Her words cut my pride, making uncontrollable anger course through my veins. Without knowing it, my hand seemed to regain strength, sending her to fall onto the ground.

A loud smack filled the air, making my body go limp and my heart burst with all the regret. She got up, clutching onto her reddening cheek. “Arabella…” I reached out to her, earning a murderous glare.

“Rylan!” Jake burst through the door, looking at me with glee. Then as he took in the situation we were in, he awkwardly walked over to us. “What…”

“Did I not assign you to protect and watch over Ella at all cost?” She snarled out, her green eyes darkening.

“I left her at the pack house. She will be alright,” Jake ran his fingers through his hair before looking over me.

“This goes to show how pathetic you are when it comes to the mate department,” she spoke towards him while keeping an eye contact with me. “You’d go and leave her all alone just so you can suck up to you oh-so-glorious Alpha!” Her eyes turned into a dangerous dark green as Jake raised his hand. Her fingers dug onto his left arms painfully as she twisted it and caused it to snap.

“I think one slap is good enough,” she threw him onto the floor, picking up her phone. “Here they are,” she dropped the files onto my bed. “Since my services are no longer needed.”

“Arabella… I-“

“Save it,” she raised her hand and slapped me hard. My body hit the pillows as I cupped my throbbing cheek.

“I’m through with you,” she turned and walked away from me.

My feet wobbled as I reached out to her. “Please,” I pleaded, holding onto her arm.

She swiftly turned around, sending her balled fist into my face. I stumbled back, clutching onto my bleeding nose. Using my peripheral vision, I saw Jake get up in a flash and bare his teeth. I raised my hand, telling him to stay down.

“Ara-“ I couldn’t get the words out as her fist slammed onto my abdomen, knocking the breath out of me. My left hand clutched onto my aching midsection as my knees buckled and sent me crashing onto the floor.

She showed her sharp canines as she let out a snarl. She turned and headed for the door. Instead of hearing the three words I was anticipating to hear, she whispered with so much venom and fire in her voice, “I hate you.”

No amount of pain and sorrow could measure up to the ones I’ve felt as she shut the door and left me to be haunted by those three words.

I hate you.

Three words. Eight letters. And a whole lot of pain.

-----------------------------END OF CHAPTER 18.5-----------------------------

**** He woke up about two weeks after their kiss. (last chapter) He thinks of it as a dream, but you all know it wasn't. (; ****

Thoughts? Concerns?

>>>>I won't be uploading till the weekend or next week, so hope this is enough till then! <<<

Thank you for reading! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 11K 28
From nerdy to bad-ass. Ariella Stone is heading back to her pack after three years. She lost weight and recieved medication for her pimples. She has...
934K 30.8K 42
Highest ranking - #1 in Werewolf #2 in Attraction "Damn Bella, why the hell are you so stubborn?! You are my mate and if I want to mark you, I will f...
1.7M 41.2K 33
When the war started. We helped. We fought. Soon the humans were gone. Wiped out by us. But not before making a weapon that doomed us long after they...
1.8M 55.1K 27
"How do I know you won't reject me as well?" I reply, staring at the handsome Alpha who has somehow made it past my walls. He reaches a hand towards...