Lone Wolf โ‹† HP Golden Era (3)

By casuaIIy

โEvery day she felt like a monster walking among the innocent, felt as if she were trapped on the other side... More

๐–‘๐–”๐–“๐–Š ๐–œ๐–”๐–‘๐–‹
๐–Š๐–•๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–—๐–†๐–•๐–
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–”๐–“๐–Š: ๐–”๐–๐–†๐–“๐–† ๐–’๐–Š๐–†๐–“๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–†๐–’๐–Ž๐–‘๐–ž
ONE โ” โone hell of a yearโž
TWO โ” โand the rumors beginโž
THREE โ” โthat was last yearโž
FOUR โ” โi'm the map!โž
FIVE โ” โconfront your fearsโž
SIX โ” โinfamous dayโž
SEVEN โ” โmistakes have been madeโž
EIGHT โ” โi will not be dirtโž
NINE โ” โa black christmasโž
TEN โ” โcat and mouseโž
TWELVE โ” โonly one dies tonightโž
THIRTEEN โ” โit was one hell of a year indeedโž
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–™๐–œ๐–”: ๐–† ๐–•๐–†๐–š๐–˜๐–Š ๐–‹๐–”๐–— ๐–˜๐–Š๐–‘๐–‹-๐–‰๐–Ž๐–˜๐–ˆ๐–”๐–›๐–Š๐–—๐–ž
FOURTEEN โ” โodd one outโž
FIFTEEN โ” โbad premonitionsโž
SIXTEEN โ” โthe big, green monsterโž
SEVENTEEN โ” โthe hogwarts championsโž
EIGHTEEN โ” โfireside chatsโž
NINETEEN โ” โbad moon risingโž
TWENTY โ” โcome togetherโž
TWENTYONE โ” โdance the night awayโž
TWENTYTWO โ” โexcuses, excusesโž
TWENTYTHREE โ” โpoor boyโž
TWENTYFOUR โ” โone last hurrahโž
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–™๐–๐–—๐–Š๐–Š: ๐–“๐–†๐–™๐–š๐–—๐–†๐–‘ ๐–Ž๐–“๐–˜๐–™๐–Ž๐–“๐–ˆ๐–™
TWENTYFIVE โ” โlight in the darknessโž
TWENTYSIX โ” โmatter of timeโž
TWENTYSEVEN โ” โgood riddance!โž
TWENTYEIGHT โ” โi will not slanderโž
TWENTYNINE โ” โthe uprisingโž
THIRTY โ” โperfectionโž
THIRTYONE โ” โback to blackโž
THIRTYTWO โ” โmagic is overratedโž
THIRTYTHREE โ” โso it beginsโž
THIRTYFOUR โ” โfor what you loseโž
THIRTYFIVE โ” โlet the memories fade awayโž
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–‹๐–”๐–š๐–—: ๐–˜๐–™๐–”๐–—๐–ž ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–™๐–”๐–“๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™
THIRTYSIX โ” โone of a kindโž
THIRTYSEVEN โ” โthrough her last year (pt. 1)โž
THIRTYEIGHT โ” โthrough her last year (pt. 2)โž
THIRTYNINE โ” โjoyous occasionsโž
FORTY โ” โtwo-facedโž
FORTYONE โ” โcity of dreamsโž
FORTYTWO โ” โone last timeโž
EPILOGUE โ” โfor him.โž
๐–‹๐–Ž๐–“๐–†๐–‘ ๐–“๐–”๐–™๐–Š

ELEVEN โ” โhow it startedโž

1.2K 76 8
By casuaIIy

( chapter xi. HOW IT STARTED )

— 🌙 —

         Like always, after her Potions class with Birdie, Calypso walked along to the library. Since it was her free period and Snape was relentless, as were her other teachers, she decided earlier on in her years at Hogwarts to go ahead and finish his work early. And, like always, Birdie walked alongside her.

         "Tell me we're still on for later tonight," Birdie said, "I need someone to copy off of for Potions."

         Calypso rolled her eyes as they turned the corner, "Yes, we're still on. I'll swing by around eight, sound good?" Birdie nodded. "And, no, you're not copying off me."

         This caused the girl to frown and look at her friend, "Then what's the point of keeping you around? I mean, honestly Cal, I just need your homework answers. Oh – and reminder, don't let the portrait give you any shit. If you say something that's remotely true, she'll let you in."

         Knowing what was best, she just nodded along. Other houses were much different with entrance codes. Not everyone could just recite a simple word like Gryffindors and Slytherins. No, with Ravenclaw you had to answer a riddle or find an obscure entrance to the Hufflepuff basement. "Sure..."

         "Well," Birdie said, ignoring Calypso's hesitation, as they found themselves in front of the library, "I'm off to annoy whoever I find first. Have fun doing our homework."

         "I'm only doing mine, you asshole," the Bishop girl just waved her off, "I'm serious!"

         "Sure you are, Cal. We both know you'll cave eventually," Birdie smiled sweetly.

         "That is not – okay, well, that happens a lot, but not this time. Besides, what's so important that it'll take up all your time?" Calypso asked.

         Birdie pretended to think, "Um, the fact that my best is probably the smartest person in our grade and I have to question my existence and the realness of the universe. It takes up a surprising amount of time, actually."

         "Okay, I am not the smartest person in the grade," Birdie shot her a look, "I'm not. I'm just...above average, I guess, and it's only because I work hard and take co-curricular activities I'm good at already. Plus, I'm pretty sure Sloane has me beat."

         "Whatever you say," Birdie said in a sing-songy voice, showing that she didn't believe the girl, "But I heard that Sloane's not doing too well in Charms this year, so..."

         Calypso rolled her eyes and nudged her friend, "You're too much sometimes."

         Birdie just gave her a million-dollar smile, completed with that hint of teasing nature that was her signature. "Whatever you say, Cal."

         "I do say so, Ramona," she watched as Birdie let out an overdramatic gasp, looking at Calypso as if she had just said she cheated on her.

         "I am hurt, Calypso Hope Black, simply hurt," Birdie stressed, placing her hand on her heart in mock pain, "You have betrayed me."

         "Yeah, yeah, I get it," Calypso waved her off, "Now go and annoy innocent first years. Or better yet, Sloane – I'm kidding, by the way, don't hurt her."

         "Have fun, make sure your handwriting's neat enough for me to read!" Birdie said innocently enough as Calypso just shoved her. She could hear Birdie's laugh as she walked into the library.

         Calypso knew the drill once she was in there. Lee also had this period free and before, before everything, the two would sit together. It was always a nice silence with the calming presence of a friend, but now he was cold. Since everything happened in November, Calypso sat by herself, usually in the back of the library where no one could see or bother her.

         (Little did she know her mother had sat at the very same table.)

         But, that day, Calypso looked around for a second, meeting Lee's gaze. She felt her breath hitch in her throat – he was looking at her, seeing her. Every other time he saw her, he would look right past her, as if trying to forget she existed, but now...now he was looking at her, fully recognizing her. She felt like she could jump so high because of it.

         She blinked, looking away and passing him. As she did, she saw him clear a spot next to him which previously held many textbooks. He didn't say a word, just motioned to the seat. And for her, it was enough. Calypso took the seat and no one said a word.

― 🌙 ―

         WHEN THAT NIGHT arrived and Calypso had been welcomed into the Ravenclaw Tower, immediately going up to Birdie's dorm where her roommates were, Birdie showed her three different nail polishes.

         "No," was Calypso's immediate response, not even taking a minute to think it over. Birdie deflated a little.

         "Oh, come on, Cal," Birdie tried to persuade her with a pout, "We haven't painted each other's nails in a while and talked about random things – like boys."

         Calypso rolled her eyes, "You mean our chats were you talk about boys and I go along with it while pretending to share the same interest as you?"

         "Exactly," Birdie smiled, "It'll be fun and relaxing."

         "I don't need to relax on a school night, I have to worry about the fact that I have a DADA quiz tomorrow."

         "Which you'll ace because your dad teaches the class and what parent would allow their child to fail?" Birdie rhetorically asked.

         "Clearly, you have never met my dad," Calypso deadpanned, "Or my mum. She has made me take fake quizzes before and let me fail – like, completely fail. And when she taught me French she purposely taught me the wrong way to use a phrase so that she could embarrass me before correcting me."

         Birdie's eyebrows furrowed, "You know French?"

         "Is that really the biggest takeaway to you?" Calypso asked before rolling her eyes, "Never mind. And, yeah, it's Black tradition to learn that. And the piano, but mum never gave me lessons or paid for any. She says that one's rubbish but learning a different language is always good. Especially because Hogwarts doesn't teach any."

         Her friend nodded. "That makes sense. Do you know if muggle schools do?"

         Calypso nodded, "Yep, it's required to graduate."

         "Can you say something to me in French?" Birdie asked.

         "I mean, technically I can, but I'm not," Birdie shot her look, "Oh, don't give me that shit. I'm better at writing and reading than I am speaking. Plus, I'm rusty. Really, lighten up about it, Birdes. Okay, okay, how about this; you can paint my toenails intead."

         Birdie looked at her, taking in account the deal. Calypso could practically see the gears turning inside her head. Finally, the girl sighed. "Fine, deal. But I'm choosing the color."

         She couldn't help but let a groan escape as Birdie laughed maniacally. "Dear God help me."

         "Sorry, he's not here right now. How does pink sound?" Birdie held up the nail polish, a bright, neon pink. Birdie was already regretting all of this.

         "I hate you," the girl said weakly in protest.

         "Awe," Birdie smiled at her before twisting open the tube, "I love you, too. Anyways, did you finish our Potions homework?"

         "You mean mine," Calypso corrected in her vain, knowing that the girl would ignore it, "And yes, I did."

         "Cool, I'll start copying it after I finish this," Birdie said, disregarding her first sentence like Calypso thought.

         "Um, no you aren't because after this I'll be leaving my own tower because of a thing called curfew," Calypso reminded her.

         Birdie rolled her eyes. "You could always just leave it here," she suggested, sighing once she saw the look on Calypso's face, "Oh, come on, I'm not gonna lose it or destroy it. I'm just gonna copy off it."

         "Not happening."

         "Then I'll start regaling you about the moon landing theory."

         "I really fucking hate you, Birdie," Calypso said as soon as she finished groaning, "I don't even know you like that bullshit."

         Birdie looked defended, "Okay, the moon landing theory is not bullshit, it has value. I mean, there are so many different things that just don't add up. Like, why was the flag waving when there's no fucking wind? Huh? And where were the stars?"

         Calypso leaned her head back as she sighed very loudly, causing one of Birdie's roommates to tell the two to shut up. Birdie shot the girl a look that quickly caused her to quiet down. "Don't even continue with any more of that, okay? Plus, I have something to tell you."

         "I saw you a couple hours ago. What happened during that time that's so significant? Was your soup really that specular?" Birdie teased.

         "No, but I sat next to Lee when I went to the library today," Calypso informed her with a smile.

         Birdie gave her a blank stare, "Okay? And that's important why?"

         The Black girl rolled her eyes, "Um, because he's been treating me as if I don't exist since November. And he let me sit beside him, cleared the space and everything. He may even start talking to me soon again, too."

         "Wow, how revolutionary," Birdie sarcastically said, "I'm just playing with you, that's great. What happened in November anyways?"

         She froze for a second, forgetting that Birdie didn't know. Of course Birdie didn't know, no one did. That was the whole reason why she wanted to tell Lee; because she needed to lift the weight from her shoulders. She didn't tell anyone else, couldn't. Right, right, right...

         "Just, I made a mistake and Lee...left? I don't know, it's more complicated than that," Calypso tried to explain without giving many, or any, details away.

         Birdie frowned, "Do I have to go beat him up or something now?"

         "No," Calypso blinked at her, "God, no. It's all my fault, Lee's just doing the sensible thing and distancing himself from me."

         "I don't think that's very sensible..."

         "Well, you're the only one who seems to agree, with everyone else needing time," Calypso mocked Angelina and, in a way, Cho. Birdie didn't even shoot her a look for it, just nodded along. "But I'm glad to still have you around. You're all I need, Bishop."

         She smiled up at Calypso, it was small and her cheeks were tinted a light pink, "Now don't go getting sappy on me, Black."

         Calypso returned the smile. It was nice. "Never."

         "Good," Birdie nodded, "And you're all I need, too."

         Her cheeks became pink, too. "Thanks," she whispered as if it were the most intimate thing in the world. "How are my toes looking?" she looked down to only catch a glimpse of them.

         "Pretty nice," Birdie told her, "I think pink is definitely your color."

         Calypso shook her head, "Pink could never replace the magnificence of green. I mean, have you seen pistachio green, or mint? Just, faded green in general or light ones – even lime!"

         "Jesus, I didn't ask for different shades of green to be thrown at me," Birdie joked, "I was just saying that you should incorporate more pink into your clothing, it looks good on you. Especially this neon one here."

         "You're full of fucking shit, Birdie. Neon pink looks good on no one – not even your mother, and she can rock anything," Calypso said seriously.

         Birdie shrugged, "Mum can't rock a lot of things. She likes to wear cheetah print but it never looks good, but I never have the heart to tell her and dad just says she looks 'smoking' in everything." The girl let out a shudder and Calypso giggled.

         "My mum just likes dark dresses and dark clothing in general. She always looks so classy in them so it's weird to just see her in jeans and tee still," Calypso confessed.

         "Makes sense," Birdie agreed, "She just looks ready to fight someone in court. Or, well, physically fight them. Your mum's pretty intimidating."

         "Try living with her," Calypso snorted, "She never let me get away with anything. Her stares were terrible when she knew you were lying about whatever. They're still ruthless today when I correct her. I can only imagine what it's gonna be like if she sees Uncle Pad again."

         "She'd probably transform into Medusa and turn him to stone," Birdie joked.

         Calypso nodded, "That sounds about right. Really, I can see it happening in my head. Geez, let's hope he never has the unfortunate experience of seeing her again."

         "Cheers," Birdie went along with it.

         She smiled at that.

― 🌙 ―

         EVERYTHING SEEMED TO flash before her eyes. The school year was almost gone and she knew, she knew, that something bad was coming. And quickly. While she'd like to take credit for it, saying that she had the bad feeling herself, it wasn't like that.

         The year was gone and she knew he'd act soon, of course he would. Her Uncle Pads was not about to let Peter get away from him for a whole summer, allowing the rat to escape to God knows where during that time. But she hadn't expected for anything to happen that day.

         It didn't start when she saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione save Buckbeak – who was being executed? – or when Ron was dragged to the Whomping Willow by a dog. No, it started hours before that. Hours before when she was cornered in the corridor.

         It started with Regulus Black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 33.2K 71
she looks just like a dream, the prettiest girl i've ever seen. ๐“†ฉโค๏ธŽ๐“†ชโ”ŠVeritaserum, regulus black ...
1.2M 55.4K 55
DUSK TILL DAWN || in which a girl figures out she is the daughter of famous James Potter and tries her best to adapt to the wizarding world in the mi...
42.2K 1.4K 25
Book cover by @DawnXx :) Amie's in for her third year at Hogwarts with her best friends Hermione, Harry and Ron. This year, a prisoner has escaped fr...
410K 15.9K 132
'And he's the best fuck that ever walked. He's beautiful - rich, in money and everything else; he's a rockstar to boot, trapped in the body of a figh...