Prince of Knights (An Arabic...

By TheQueenofDarkness

Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Historical Fiction. Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Spiritua... More

MUST read if you want to read further :)
Prince of Knights (A Muslim's Love Story)
Prince of Knights Chp2
Prince of Knights Chp3
Prince of Knights Chp4
Prince of Knights Chp5
Here to answer Questions.
Prince of Knights Chp6
Prince of Knights Chp7
Prince of Knights Chp8
20 facts about the Queen.
Prince of Knights Chp9
Prince of Knights Chp10
Prince of Knights Chp11
Prince of Knights Chp12
Prince of Knights Chp13
Prince of Knights Chp14
Prince of Knights Chp15
Prince of Knights Chp16
Prince of Knights Chp17
Prince of Knights Chp18
Prince of Knights Chp19
Prince of Knights Chp20
Prince of Knights Chp21
Prince of Knights Chp22
Prince of Knights Chp23
Prince of Knights Chp24
Prince of Knights Chp25
Prince of Knights Chp26
Prince of Knights Chp27
Final decision
Prince of Kights Chp28
Prince of Knights Chp29
Prince of Knights Chp30
Prince of Knights Chp31
Prince of Knights Chp32
Prince of Knights Chp33
Prince of Knights Chp34
Book Cover!
Prince of Knights Chp35
Prince of Knights Chp36
Prince of Knights Chp37
Prince of Knights Chp38
Prince of Knights Chp39
Prince of Knights Chp40
Prince of Knights Chp41
Prince of Knights Chp42
Eagle of Knights
Prince of Knights Chp43
Prince of Knights Chp44
Prince of Knights Chp45
Prince of Knights Chp46
Nominated for Best Spiritual book
Prince of Knight Chp47
Prince of Knights Chp48
Prince of Knights Chp49
Prince of Knights Chp50
Prince of Knights Chp51
Prince of Knights Chp52
Prince of Knights Chp53
Here to help Muslim Authors
Prince of Knights Chp54
Prince of Knights Chp55
Prince of Knights Chp56
Prince of Knights Chp57
Prince of Knights Chp58

Prince of Knights Chp1

112K 4.4K 870
By TheQueenofDarkness

 السلام عليكم

I hope you like this chapter. If you guys have any sort of quires you can ask in your comments and Insha'Allah I will reply to everyone.

__________________________________________________

"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ― Rumi

A cold swift yet gentle gale rose from the ground and began to travel through the graveyard. Overhead, gray clouds passed the sun from time to time and cast a shadow over the years old headstones. Wind whispered and dry bushes rattled against tombstones. Then within a moment the wind hopped over the large mountain and ceased at once. Wind gazed, flabbergasted at the tribe that was situated on a large desert plain with uncountable tents a few miles away from the mountain range.

Fellow members of the wind fled in haste to the right so they could witness the heavenly tents. The remaining wind; flapped its wings then danced in circles to the left around the magnificent farms and palm trees. It perplexed wind as to how humans could create such a wonder with great concentration and perfection. Tents weaved from goat hair so that they would battle against rain and prevent water from getting inside. A sole member of wind peeked inside a tent and went rigid as to how warm it was inside. Quickly it leaped out and twirled around the small fire next to the tent and understood that indeed the fire was the reason why the tent was so delightfully warm.

People trod back and forth around their tents, immersed in their simple, Bedouin life. Shepherds led their flocks of goats to new pasture and a few men stood guard as their sheep and goat grazed long enough so they would lead them to their fence, meanwhile, they busied themselves either with Poetry or reciting verses of Quran.

Women, on the other hand, dressed in long dresses that covered them from neck to toe in many different but dark colors, their hair secured in a braid and hidden with shawls.  Few women milked their cows and camels inside the fence so that they would be able to make yogurt by dinner, and provide the families a healthy meal with butter and bread.

Children scampered around palm trees with extreme enthusiasm or chased after donkeys, blissful and joyful of winter days. Little girls clapped their hands and sang a song, uncoordinatedly. And there walked out a woman from her father's tent at the sight of her a naughty wind whirled around her and flapped the sleeve of her black dress, her beautiful dark hair hidden beneath her red shawl. It was time for her to bring water back to her house from the well. She walked with head down but grinned when a lamb from a nearby herd galloped up to her.

At once Raghad picked it up gently, the lamb wiggled in her arms and she quickly tightened her grip and nuzzled her cheek on its neck then planted a kiss on its tiny head. She beamed and kept walking towards the well that sat few feet away from their farms. Her fingers curled around the small soft yet rough fur of the lamb.

This morning her tribe seemed exceedingly tranquil and bright. "Allhamdullah". She breathed at the peaceful sight around her.

She then squatted down on dirt and let go of the lamb, another smile graced her lips as she eyed the lamb gallop to its mother and walk away from her. Raghad then turned around to face the well to fill her water bucket and take it back to her father's tent.

That was when desperate and frightful screams ignited in the air and alerted the whole tribe of Sheikh Faisal bin Saleh. Raghad let go of her clay pot and leaped to her feet then ran towards the ruckus. She came to a screeching halt and her eyes fell upon the massacre. A startled gasp escaped her lips as fear took control of her body.

She wrapped her hijab tightly around her head then darted to her father's tent that was in the middle of the tribe. Everywhere she turned to look, children screamed and ran to find a hideout. Raghad was bewildered.

What on earth is happening to her peaceful tribe?

Sand particles rose in the air and formed a thin cloud of dust as more horses galloped around. "Gather the women and children at once!" yelled a voice from far away but she recognized it very well. Her heart thundered inside her bust. Men, she could not recognize held red flags and long swords had invaded her tribe. She disregarded the sweat that trickled down her forehead despite the chilly winter.

She gulped and realized her throat was dry and a dizzy feeling filled her head, she knew she had to do something, but what could she possibly do? Father. Something called out for her which pushed her feet faster to her father, Sheikh Faisal.

Raghad paid no heed to the herds that wailed for human attention, their horrified yells increased the seriousness of the deadly situation around her. "Gather the knights at once!" Once again the same voice barked over the noises. Raghad stopped near a small crowd of men and women and pushed away two of her tribe's men that helped women to hide.

She had to see her father and soon.

Her eyes fell upon a man on top of a white horse 'Barq' with his back to her. "Do not allow them to come any closer," yelled Badr's voice, her dearest elder brother; the heir of this tribe and the leader of their knights.

Cold chills ran down her spine like a serpent, her brother, her knight looked furious. She knew Badr was enraged from this sudden ambush which had caught him off guard. She watched with eyes wide as Badr drew out his long beautiful sword from its sheath and tears stung in her eyes.

Raghad tore her eyes from him, from her brave brother and took a step towards her father's tent however soon was stopped by a hand on her arm. She looked over her shoulder and a pair of dark brown eyes clashed with hers. "Mother!" she cried and threw her hands around the elderly women.

"Oh Raghad, I have been looking for you everywhere my child." Umm Badr sighed in relief but her voice shook in fear. She looked at her daughter with those gentle, wise eyes filled with horror.

"Mother, what is happening? Where is Father?" Raghad gasped.

A desolate and frightened look appeared on her mother's face. She grabbed her daughter's arms and squeezed them. "Child, stay here with the other women, your father and brother are among the knights. They must know, what is the reason behind this unfortunate event?" Raghad bit her lip.

Being the wife of the Sheikh, Umm Badr was known for her bravery, but right that moment Raghad witnessed clouds of trepidation pass behind the veils of her mother's eyes. "Ya Allah, help my father for he is a loyal servant of yours." She prayed, and then looked around. The crowd of women got thicker and she knew soon they would be escorted to their tents.

She desired to know what was wrong. Raghad wished to catch a glimpse of her beloved father. She wanted to know what was the reason behind this unforgivable invade of her tribe. However, she also knew she could not do that, the only alternative she had was to lie to her dearest mother.

"Ya Allah." She huffed, desperate searching for an escape.

"What is it?" demanded her mother, her attention now on her beautiful daughter and her brown eyes narrowed in concentration.

"Ummi, I, Nouf was with me by the well. I left her there all alone." Raghad lied and asked for forgiveness from Allah right away. She must leave her mother to find the truth, knowing Umm Badr she would not let Raghad out of her sight only if it were for someone's safety.

"Ya Rabbi!" gulped Umm Badr. "Raghad you should not have done that." Panic rose in her voice and Raghad bit her lip.

"Do not worry. I know where I left her and I do believe she is still by the well, I shall go to her." Raghad coaxed and watched as her mother considered this dangerous thought.

"Very well, go but by Allah be very careful." She begged her daughter. Raghad gave a sharp nod, turned around and almost ran towards her brother's horse which had led the knights a few minutes ago towards the boundary of their tribe.

Her steps slowed once again when her eyes fell upon horses, many, many horses. Their back was to her and she knew at once those were her tribesmen. Raghad wrapped her shawl around her face with only her eyes unveiled. She walked cautiously to her right in a crowd of men that had gathered to observe. She saw it, saw her father's ravishing horse face men who were on their horses almost twenty feet away from him.

Sheikh Faisal, a man known in tribes to be the most lenient, gentle and a giving man, but fierce when it came to justice. She narrowed her big eyes and gulped at the solemn, collected look on her father's face. Her eyes trailed the line of horses, to her father's right was Badr and to her father's left was Khalid her other brother. Next to Khalid was Jabir, a good friend of Badr's and a son of a wealthy man in their tribe.

She knew at once that the three were an invisible shield for Sheikh Faisal. Distantly Raghad heard herds mourn, they could, by the will of Allah sense the extreme tension among humans.

"What brings you here, to my tribe, Sheikh Mubarak? Why have you struck my tribe? Did not we have a consensus to not interfere in tribes, and yet you have brought your men, where women and children live." Sheikh Faisal spoke in a cold voice to another elderly man.

"You are very well aware of it, Faisal. I certainly do not wish to harm women or children of your tribe. I am a Muslim and I fear Allah so such abhorrent crime is unimaginable. However, I cannot say the same for you." The other man vocalized, in a rich, deep voice. Raghad stared at him with wide eyes. No one ever spoke to her beloved father in such a disrespectful manner.

"What do you mean, Mubarak?" demanded Sheikh Faisal, his hand tight on the reins of his horse.

Sheikh Mubarak narrowed his eyes.

"Your man killed a man from my tribe, yesterday night because of a palm tree. The man your tribesman decided to slaughter was indeed a wealthy man of my tribe." growled a new voice which caused Raghad to turn her head to the left of Sheikh Mubarak. He looked younger, with dark black hair that touched his shoulders, and wore his black 'agal on his red headdress.

His dark eyes glared at Sheikh Faisal, he seemed tall, with amazingly broad shoulders, it was indeed a miracle how the beast was able to endure his weight. No, he was not bulk but broad; head almost the size of a grown sheep's head, his hands were long and held the reins of his horse in a light grip.

Raghad bit her lip in indignation if Sheikh Mubarak's manners were unpleasant his were ill mannered. Not being able to commit an act Raghad observed silently.

"What is the meaning of that?" Now Badr's rough voice ordered, she knew her brother disliked the young man's tone as well.

"We want revenge; we also know who that man is." informed the same man. Badr glanced at his father, who looked at Sheikh Mubarak.

"Even though I have never admired your tribe, or even wanted to gain a hand of friendship but Mubarak by Allah, who sees and is aware of everything, I swear I do not have any knowledge of this. If what you say is indeed true, then you are allowed to do anything with the man, but if you are wrong I shall revenge you for this disrespect of not only me but my tribe as well." Sheikh Faisal announced.

The young man smiled and Raghad despised him further more. "Ya Sheikh, we have the man who killed our man and injured some of us." He inclined his head and nodded for someone; the person he ordered dismounted his horse, disappeared in their crowd and came back with a man. 

Those who stood as spectators around Raghad gasped in stupefaction at the man who had his hands tied in a rope.

They let go of him and Raghad watched as he fell in front of her father, whose face turned pale. "Salem." He almost choked on the words, and then looked up at Sheikh Mubarak.

"Ask him; ask him how he killed my man. I have three witnesses. Faisal, I want him dead, if not, my sons will kill him." Mubarak growled in a deadly tone.

Faisal looked down at Salem, at his youngest son, his brows creased. "What they say is true, ya walad?" Salem sobbed and bowed his shameful gaze.

Badr growled and clenched his jaw his father had been trying to restrain war with the other tribes, most of all "Al Borkan" Their rage began when Sheikh Mubarak's father had killed Badr's grandfather, soon it was decided the tribes will stay away from their own sake yet after so many successful years Salem, his own blood had destroyed it.

"Very well Mubarak, Salem is yours. You must do as you please with him." As words left Faisal's mouth Raghad, brought her hand to her heart, sobbed and watched her brother Salem cry.

 _____________________________________________________

Let me know what you think in your comments and DO check the pictures on side.I want you guys to imagine it with my writing and with the help of the pictures and songs I will give on the side. And yes don't FORGET TO VOTE.

 Again check the picture on side!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 11.7K 34
REACHED #26 IN SPIRITUAL ON August 1/2018 ---- Laila gets a wedding proposal from someone who wants to stay anonymous till the day of their wedding. ...
46.8K 3.4K 31
In a kingdom--Dhahab kingdom--where as a Grown man, the number of scars on your body shows how strong and powerful you're, exists Jawad bin Tariq al...
829K 36K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
341K 10.6K 42
WARNING: THIS BOOK NEEDS MAJOR EDITING (Book I in broken series) "What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled. i got startled and...