The Alpha's Law

By HolyxHarold

Riley Marie Kendall grew up like any other American girl. And as any other normal 16 year old should, she tho... More

01- The Alpha's Law
02- Torchwood
03- Torchwood High
04- Where's Ian?
05- You have got to be kidding me
06- What now!?!?
07- Mate who?
08- Jaley
09- Memories
10- Busted!
11- Over
12- Treehouse
13- Invite
14- Future
15- Party Part 1
16- Party Part 2
17- Almost There
18- Meet the parents
19- Point Place
20- Noah
21- Hospital
22- Training
23- The Beginning
24- Of The End
25- The Trade
27- You're What?
28- Coming Out
Epilogue

26- Steven

15.9K 502 47
By HolyxHarold

  "Holy crap" my eyes shift up to the ceiling to see both my brother and my mate in a cage hanging from the ceiling. How did they even get them up there? Both of them are laying there, looking weak, and breathing heavily. Memories flash through my head as a pounding fills my ears. My eyes dart back to the font of the room where both Charity, Noah, and their father sit patiently.

"Ah the guests of honors” Alpha Foster smiles playing with his finger nails. I can barely hear him through the beating of my heart and eardrums as he stands up and says something to me. I shake my head, trying to get away images and sounds from my head. He is doing this to me on purpose, he knows...

"I asked if you found my set up somehow familiar" Alpha Foster smiles accompanied by Noah and Charity's snickers. I do find this familiar. I dream about it, I think about it, of course I remember it. 

(Jace's thoughts in Italics)

I woke up that morning like it was any other day. I ate peanut butter and jelly, watched a couple of cartoons and went out to play with Steven, my older brother.

"Ready or not here I come" Steven yelled as we played hide and seek. My six year old self peeked down from the top of my favorite tree. I watched in Envy as Steven's grey and white wolf trotted along the base of the trees, pretending not to see or smell me. My then six year old mind thought of the day that he would become alpha and I would hopefully be allowed to be his beta or gamma.

"You're never gonna catch me!" I yelled, hopping from one tree to another. Steven's nine year old wolf bounded behind me as I jumped from tree to tree looking like a well-kept Tarzan. 

I kept going and going. Waiting to stop until I reached the borderline to stop. Mommy said to never go this far but Steven followed me anyway. I remember looking back one last time before a dog like yelp came from below. My head whipped around and my grip on the tree branched slackened, leaving me to fall on chest. 

All the wind got knocked out of me but I still managed to run over to Steven, a second before he shifted back to human for. He hung from a cage like wolf trap attached to a tree.

"Jace get me out of here” Steven started to panic. I tried to get him out with all my might but as much as tired I couldn’t get the cage off the branch or unlock the lock. 

"Jace come on. I hear footsteps. If it's Dad we are going to get in trouble!" Steven whined, turning around to look for the on comers. Since I hadn't shifted for the first time I couldn't hear or see them. All I was left to do is fumble with the lock.

"Steven I can't" I whined as I started to punch the lock. Steven gasped and started struggling worse than ever. I could finally hear the footsteps and smell the scent of the people coming in our direction. The scents weren't familiar but I couldn't see why Steven was so upset.

"Jace stop. Run as fast as you can and get Dad alright?" Steven commanded in his serious voice. I let go of the lock, still not sure what was happening.

"But why?" My high pitched voice shook.

"Jace. GO" Steven commanded.. I never heard Steven talk like that before. My six year didn't get why he was so serious but I listened. I turned in the direction of our house and ran. I  Ran straight through the trees and bushes until I heard it.

Steven's scream seemed to rip though my eardrums and brain like a chainsaw was taken to them. I turned right around and ran ten times faster than before. I remember crouching behind the bushes and watching and not being able to do anything.

Men in red hoods stood around my now unconscious brother. My heart raced faster and faster as the amount of liquid inside the needle injected into my brother's arm got lower and lower. My mind raced as to what to do but I sat frozen. Finally the needle was empty and they let Steven down. 

"I know you're there Jace" One of the hooded figures spoke aloud. I stiffened even more, my eyes not blinking at all. The figure turned around, it's face completely covered. Behind him the other robed people started kicking and beating Steven who lay naked on the ground.

My body started to shake and limbs started to burn. I watched as the hooded figure who spoke to me came closer and closer. The burning sensation continued to creep through me and my vision started to blacken at the corners. I looked down once more at Steven who is still being beaten on the ground. 

I remember feeling my bones start to break and my vision getting cloudier and blacker until there was almost nothing left. I remember hearing the noises around me and someone whispering in my ear.

"Tell him. Tell them. We will be back" 

The next thing I knew I was in the pack hospital. My parents stood on either side of my bed, my mother crying uncontrollably. Soon enough I learned of my brother. Murdered by getting injected with wolfesbane. The beating was only to send a message. 

I had been the one to lead him there. If I hadn't gone past where I was supposed to, Steven would be alpha, he would still be here, and none of this would have ever happened. It was and is my fault. 

"My fault" I mutter accidentally as the memories stop. Those was the worst year of my life. My father started initiation into the council after Steven died. He did it to seek revenge but all he did was ruin our family more than it already was. I really feel bad for Lyle since he never got to see the great side of my Dad since he came five years later. By that time my old father was long gone.

"I see you remember" Alpha Foster smiles ruthlessly. My heart stops as the image of the red robed man pops into my head.

"It was you!" I growl putting two and two together. It was the Red Luepis it was them. They are the ones that killed my brother. They are the ones that ruined my life. They are the ones who have what is left of my life up in a cage on the ceiling. I don't care if I die. I am taking each and every one of them down. 

"Everyone now" I growl through the pack link disregarding the plan. I started this for myself Eleven years ago. I am ending it tonight.

(Riley's POV)

Once again I watch a bloodbath without doing anything. It has been two hours since it started and no one except minors are being spared. It has also been two hours since I saw Jace's thoughts. I never knew Jace had an older brother. it is terrible what happened to Jace. No one should go have to go through that, let alone a six year old.

I turn to Lyle who is shaking quietly on the other side of the small cage. I inch towards him, tentatively touching his arm. No one in the pack has ever talked about Steven. I wonder if Lyle even knows about him.

"Lyle, who is Steven?" I ask like I don't know. if he has no idea, I don't want to be the one to tell him. Leave that to his Mom and Da- oh wait...

"I don't know' Lyle shrugs, ripping his eyes away from the blood and mess on the floor below. No one is there now but I hear footsteps but they are still far away. 

"Wait no! Jace has a tattoo with that name. It's inside a cage" Lyle giggles. I have seen Jace shirtless many times.  I have never seen a tattoo before. I love tattoos they are on my list of top ten hottest things a guy can have.

"Where?" I ask. Once this is over. I would really like to see it. Lyle starts to giggle even more. What’s so funny?

"It is on his butt cheek" Lyle laughs aloud. Why the hell does he have an ass tattoo? When we get out of here I definitely need to ask him what that is about. Speaking of getting out of here, the footsteps are almost here. 

I crane my neck to see who is coming through the door. Thankfully it is Jace, my brother, Lucas, and Jacob, pulling along a beaten up alpha Foster.

"Let us down" Lyle yells, scooting over to the edge of the cage.  Kameron lowers down the cage and just like in Jace's memories, he once again fumbles with the lock.

"There is a key on the bottom" I say almost painfully. Jace must feel awful that he couldn't find it eleven years ago. I feel a pang in my heart from him as he unlocks the lock, letting us free. I open my mouth to thank him but he is already busy turning to the shivering Alpha Foster.

He stands above him staring menacingly down. Quickly he kicks him in the stomach before bending down to the alpha's level.

"Please. Mercy!' The alpha croaks out. His nose and corner of mouth is bleeding and I am afraid Jace might kill him. He looks around at the crowd of other pack members that just entered the room.

"Mercy? Eleven years ago you murdered a nine year old out of spite. To save a man who you foolishly believe has something to do with the moon goddess. You took my brother away from me and you want me to spare your life?!" Jace seethes, spit flying from his mouth. His chest heaves up and down and a trickles of blood drips down his temple. He looks absolutely insane. Lyle grips the side of my leg in utter fear of Jace. I don't blame him. Even I am quivering slightly.

Jace takes a few more kicks at the alpha, before punching him in the jaw. This has got to stop. If he kills Alpha Foster he will be just as bad as him. I know he deserves it but I won't allow my mate to be a killer. Killing people when at war is one thing but it is over now. The alpa is in no porition to fight so Jace shouldn't take advantage.

I put a hand on his chest giving him a pleading look. His face falls a single sob slips from his lips. My heart breaks in a million pieces as I feel his pain. 

"Let the council deal with him" I sigh, a tear slipping down my cheek. He gives the alpha one last look before starting to quiver. I know he would cry if we were alone but he Is Jace Sommers. H is not going to cry in front of his pack.

I engulf him in a hug as Kameron picks up the alpha. Jacob grabs Lyle's hands and the rest of the pack members file out of the building. The hug with Jace says a million things I don't even know how to express. It signifies my sadness, love, and the ending of another chapter in our life. No ore Red Lupei we are one more dreadful enemy away from finally being happy with each other and our friends.

As we sit in the car on the way home I contemplate what it will be like once we can finally be together. I imagine it will be bliss. As we cross the borderline another thought passes through my mind.

"Oh yeah. Why do you have a tattoo on your ass?" I ask, squeezing his hand. He gives a tiny laugh and smile. 

"Well the tattoo itself is obvious but when I was five and Steven was eight Mom grounded us for drawing faces on our bedroom walls. We kind of through a tantrum and vowed to get identical tattoos of her face on our asses as payback" Jace smiles, looking directly into my eyes. I laugh hard until I start to cough hysterically. 

"Nice" He smiles turning my chin towards him after my coughs subside. I smile up at him in total adoration. 

"I love you" I smile leaning up to kiss him. As usual sparks fly throughout my entire body. Except this time it is almost symbolic. 

I can honestly say I love Jace more than I have loved anyone in my entire life. Spending the rest of my long werewolf life with him will not even be enough. He is my other half.

PICTURE OF WHAT STEVEN WOULD LOOK LIKE NOW ON THE SIDE>>>>

________________________________________________________

Thanks for all your support through inboxing and the comments and votes. I really appreciate all of you and hope you like this chapter :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...
1.1M 26.2K 26
Kendall Keating doesn't care much for politics. Which is why she is hesitant to go to Castle Cahill for two months to help her Alpha father secure a...
32.1K 1.1K 36
With rogues on the loose and packs attacking each other, no one is safe alone, making Riley safer than ever in her new home with her father. Or maybe...
431K 17.4K 20
This is the sequel to Sold To My Werewolf Mate!!!*** Brinley is the first female Alpha in her region. She is going to be tested to her limits. With t...