Reasons To Smile (BTS x Reade...

By ShyByte

A BTS fan fiction with you joining along! What more could you want? ♪(*^^)o∀*∀o(^^*)♪ Cover by @Artsy-Inkster More

This Guy Really is an Idiot
"Of Course We're Not Dating!"
Scary Numbers
God Damn Jeon Jungkook. You're Fucking Brutal.
This Isn't as Bad as I Thought it Would Be
'What The Hell Is Going On Right Now?!'
Bad-Boy Aura
Sorry for being inactive quick update
Sweet as Ice Cream
Dinner Date with 7
Great Day with Hoseok
Don't Forget to Thank Me
Who's This?
I said I'd Keep You Safe, Right?
Great Tutor
Just a Kiss
Sober Up
I Just Want to Dance
Bad Timing with a Hint of Shrek
Dare
choice time let's go
1A
1B
1C
1AA
1BA
1CA
1AB

Happy Family

3.4K 145 265
By ShyByte

Seokjin Oppa: [Name]-ah, wanna come over?

It's 6:00 AM. Jesus fucking christ it's 6:00 AM. Do I want to come over.... At 6:00 AM.

Me: Yeah sure

Why do I do this to myself? No, why does Kim Seokjin do this to me?

Seokjin Oppa: I didn't wake you up, did I?

No yeah Oppa, I was naturally awake at 6:00 AM on a Sunday morning.

Me: No lol I was up from studying all night for a test Hoseok helped me with
Seokjin Oppa: Wanna help me make breakfast for everyone?
Me: I don't know how to cook
Seokjin Oppa: I'll teach you!

I continue my conversation with Seokjin, and we decide that he can come pick me up since I was a bit tired and didn't feel like taking the risk of driving myself over there while half asleep. He says he's on his way and I begin getting dressed.

I pull on a pair of black leggings and a pastel pink cropped t-shirt. The outfit looks good on me, and the only problem is that I look extremely tired. I swear I need to start putting my phone on silent when I go to sleep.

I only have time to put on concealer before I get a text from Seokjin.

Seokjin Oppa: I'm outside~ Can't wait to see your beautiful face [Name]-ah

Ok, so I understand the importance of texting back but like how would someone even...? Whatever, I grab my bag and phone without texting back and go to the elevator. I wait for the elevator and as I stand there an older couple in running attire walk up next to me.

The couple is adorable. The girl is a little shorter than the guy, and she raises her heels slightly to kiss him. They're laughing and smiling at each other and a pang of jealousy goes off. I really wish I had a boyfriend where we'd act like this, even this early in the morning when we're both probably tired. The only thing is I hope my boyfriend and I would never go for 6 AM runs. Never.

The elevator dings as the door slide open. I let the couple in first and walk in after them. They hit the lobby button so I don't worry about that and lean myself against the wall of the elevator, letting out a long yawn. It's so long, in fact, that by the time I close my mouth and rub my eyes the elevator doors slide open once again. I let the couple go first and walk out into the lobby.

I take a deep breath and walk out. Cold air flies past me from the fresh morning and I spot Seokjin sitting in a car. I walk up next to the window as he looks up from his phone. He smiles while rolling down the window. "It's unlocked, hop in!" He says cheerily.

How is he so energized, I swear these boys must be robots because both him and Hoseok seem to always be popping with energy. I pull on the door handle and the door swings open. Slipping into the seat I instantly feel the warmth of his car and it feels so nice.

"[Name]-ah, you look so cute." He remarks, pulling from the parking spot.

"Thank you, Oppa," I respond. His radio is low but the songs are still audible. I find that yes, there's awkward silence but the best way to know if you're close with someone is if you can endure said awkward silence, and the good news is that we do just that.

When we near the house he begins talking. "Thank you [Name]." He says, turning a corner.

"It's no problem, I'd love to learn how to cook anyway," I tell him. "All I know is chicken katsu, and it's not even like that good," I remember eating with Hoseok, good times.

"Well I can help you, it's easy when you get the hang of it." He stops at a red light and turns to look at me. "And no matter what, you won't be as bad as Namjoon." He smiles.

"I'm guessing Namjoon doesn't cook," I say, returning his gaze.

He turns back and begins driving as the light changes to green. "I really wish he could like at least help me by cutting stuff up or something." Seokjin lets out a long sigh and shakes his head. "That boy can't even cut an onion, and trust me I've taught him."

"I'd love to see that honestly." I let out a small laugh.

"I mean, he is entertaining." He pauses for a second and adds, "You can cut an onion, right?"

I laugh at his tone, he's asking like this might set off some bomb inside of me, carefully, with a steady voice. "Yes," I laugh. "And even if I can't, I can hella try."

"'Hella try,'" He mumbles, laughing along with me. He pulls into a parking space outside of the house and pulls the keys out. "I'm interested in watching you try." He says, popping the door open.

I open my door as well. "Hella try. I hella try, there is no try. All in or go home." We walk to the front of the house and he begins unlocking the door.

"I don't think that's the correct saying." He swings the door open and we slip off our shoes as we walk in.

"Nothing I say is very correct, so you're probably right." I hush my voice, knowing that all of the other boys are sleeping.

"You don't have to be that quiet, everyone sleeps on the second floor, just don't scream." He tells me, leading me to the modern kitchen I'd seen once before.

Seokjin wasn't there when people were fighting in the kitchen, at least to what I recall. I wonder if he ever heard about it. "You're now tempting me to scream."

"Now I'm glad Namjoon isn't here." He laughs out.

I don't get it. "Why?"

"He'd definitely make a dirty joke out of that," I remember Namjoon saying something the first time I visited here. I think it was meant to be dirty, not completely sure what it meant though.

"Got an example?" I ask him as he pulls out things from the fridge.

He contemplates my question for a second. "Hmm, well something like," Turning to me he says, "'Oh, I could make you scream my name if that's what you want.'" And winks at me then breaks into laughter.

I laugh with him, because thinking of that, I could definitely see Namjoon saying that, and now that I've hung out with these boys I sadly get jokes like that. I can't lie though, Seokjin did look pretty hot when he winked at me, even if it was just a joke. "Yeah, that's Namjoon."

Seokjin finishes pulling things from draws and I glance at the array of cooking utensils and ingredients on the counter. "Ok." He says, putting the last thing down.

"What are we making with all of this stuff?" I lean against the counter next to him, feelings my forearms press against the cold marble.

"I wanted to switch it up and try some recipes I don't use often." He tells me, tracing his finger across a cutting board.

"I'll need some examples again," I tell him, following his finger with my eyes.

"Wanna try making an American breakfast?" He looks over at me. "Like, pancakes, sausage, bacon, and hash browns?"

"I don't usually eat American breakfast, but it sounds good," I tell him.

"And it's not too hard from the recipes I've looked at." He stands up straight and looks over the ingredients. "Here," He grabs flour and a bowl. Carefully, measures out flour and pours it in. "I'll make the pancake batter if you can start cutting the potatoes." He hands me a cutting board and knife and I grab 2 potatoes from in front of us.

"Time to show you my hella trying ability." I smile as I slide the knife through a potato. "How small do we need these?" Suddenly the feeling of drowsiness lifts off of me, and I'm glad Seokjin woke me up, even if it's too early to be alive right now.

"Like, pretty small. Dice, I guess. Some recipes say shred them but the ones that looked the best had them cut into smallish cubes." He tells me, measuring more things.

"I can do that. They don't call me the Dice Lord for nothing."

"Who the fuck calls you the Dice Lord?" Seokjin laughs so loud I'm scared he'll wake people up, his high-pitched squeaks echoing against the kitchen walls.

"That's why I said they don't call me the Dice Lord." I laugh as well.

"Fair point I suppose." He says and begins whisking his batter together.

I continue to dice the potatoes, and get up to 5 potatoes, about to start the 6th when he stops me. "Wait, can I show you a more efficient way to dice things?"

"Are you questioning the Dice Lord right now?" I turn to him. He smiles widely and I can't help but let out a short laugh. "Ok, yes, teach me your ways."

I turn back around and he presses himself against my back. Well shit, this is not how I expected him to show me, goddamn this is some k-drama material right here. He slides his hands over mine and positions my hand on the knife and potato. Potatoes are now the most romantic thing in the entire world.

He presses the knife down and slides it, but he's cutting it in a different order than I'd usually do. This is way quicker though because we already finish cutting up 2 before he lets go of me. "Just like that." He whispers in my ear, going back to his pancakes, pouring them in a pan.

Damn. He's such a gentleman compared to the others, which I guess makes sense because he's the oldest, but he sure knows how to treat a girl. I miss the warmth of his hands though, which sucks because I just finished dicing the last potato. I pour them into another bowl and see him put bacon and sausage on another burners pan.

"My family has been sliced," I say, handing him the bowl.

"If your family is made of potatoes," he pours them on one of the back burners, along with oil and salt. "How did potatoes create such a beauty?" He flips a pancake, revealing a golden-brown side.

I feel my cheeks heat at his words. "W- Well, I mean I don't know, like-" I cut myself off, too embarrassed to speak coherent sentences.

"I thought you were done stuttering." He sighs, smiling at me.

"My life is equivalent to a stutter." I shrug.

"What does that even mean?"

"That my life makes no damn sense like 95% of the time," I tell him, leaning against the counter again.

"Same though," He moves some of the bacon and sausage around on the pan, and then does the same to the potatoes.

-- Time Skip --

I put the last plate down on their massive dinner table. Of course, it'd have to be big to fit these many people. Seokjin added an extra chair next to his that he said I could sit in. "I think breakfast is ready," I say, turning around to face him, as he finishes washing off a pan.

"I'll call them down, one second." He walks out of the kitchen and towards the stairs. Standing in front of the stairs he yells "I ALREADY TEXTED ALL OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS! GET YOUR ASSES DOWN HERE BREAKFAST IS READY AND WE HAVE A GUEST!"

I was not expecting that. I hear some responses and doors opening and closing. "Is Jungkook coming to eat with us?" Says someone who sounds like I very tired Jimin. I seem to be correct as Jimin, wearing only boxers walks down the stairs, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

My eyes widen and I turn away quickly. Jimin has really sculpted abs, this is just a house of hot boys.

"Jimin what the fuck! I said we have a guest put some fucking clothes on!" Seokjin yells. Jimin opens his eyes fully and sees me, face as red as it could possibly be, staring at the table.

"NO ONE TOLD ME [NAME]-AH WAS THE GUEST I THOUGHT YOU MEANT JUNGKOOK OH MY FUCKING GOD I'M SO SORRY!" Jimin yells, scampering up the stairs at an alarming pace.

"Sorry [Name]-ah, we usually don't care about that kind of stuff." Seokjin sits in his chair and I sit next to him.

I nod my head, still red-faced.

"Oh, one more thing," Seokjin stands again. "YES JUNGKOOK IS ON HIS WAY OVER HERE, AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CLOTHES ON BEFORE COMING DOWN UNLESS YOU WANT [NAME]-AH TO SEE YOU!" He sits once more, pouring water into his glass and putting food on his plate. He hands me plates of food and I serve myself as well. "We can serve ourselves, just wait to eat until everyone gets down here." He tells me.

"OK BUT WHAT IF I WANT [NAME]-AH TO SEE ME PANTSLESS?!" I hear Namjoon yell from upstairs.

"Namjoon, if you come down here without pants on I will kill you," Seokjin says, barely loud enough for anyone on the second floor to hear.

"Ok, ok, give me a second." He sounds scared.

The doorbell rings. "Jungkookie's here!" I say.

"[Name]-ah, you are so cute," Seokjin smirks as he goes to get the door.

"[Name]-ah's here?" Jungkook says, peering around Seokjin.

"Hello, Jungkook." Seokjin looks pissed that Jungkook didn't say hello to him.

"Oh, hey Hyung." Jungkook teases.

"Jungkookie don't tease Seokjin, he's so pure for teasing," I whine as Jungkook and Seokjin take seats next to me.

"Pure?" Jungkook looks confused.

"I'm pure as fuck." Seokjin reaches around and smacks Jungkook. Namjoon walks downstairs with a shirt and shorts on, and I feel a sense of relief knowing he's wearing clothes. Behind Namjoon, a train of 4 other boys wearing mismatched outfits they probably threw together in a sleepy panic saunter down the stairs.

"Good morning Oppas!" I smile brightly at them.

"It's so early, why is it. So. Early?" Yoongi plops in the chair opposite of me.

Taehyung takes a chair next to Jungkook. "Hyung, it's 10 AM." He replies to Yoongi's question.

"I wake up at like 1 PM on average." Yoongi groans.

"Nice to see you, sorry about earlier," Jimin says, sitting beside Seokjin.

"It's ok! I should've announced my presence or something." I reassure him as best I can.

"I think [Name]-ah liked what she saw." Namjoon remarks, sitting next to Yoongi.

Everyone looks at him, it's never too early for Namjoon to make a dirty joke. "Joonie what the fuck." Hoseok puts simply, pulling the chair out next to Jimin.

"Wait this is American breakfast." Yoongi states.

"You're very observant Hyung." Jungkook says.

"Why is everyone so grumpy, stop being yourselves and act like happy for once. I just want to be a happy fucking family goddamn." Seokjin laughs and I laugh with him since earlier we talked about how he acts as the mother in the house.

Seokjin is really nice honestly. He's a gentleman, but also has a really dumb and silly sense of humor where he laughs at his own jokes and I laugh at how dumb they are. We get along really well, and he also told me a lot about not only cooking but also everyone in the house. He really cares about them and that's how I realized he was just super sweet and pure. He only has good intentions, and I really like that about him. I kinda hope he likes me too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 123 20
Just a few BTS x Reader one shots💜 Mostly fluff😊 and angst😖 All stories are original please dont copy 🤧 P.S. I don't do smuts😶 I update whenever...
45K 1.3K 120
Instagram From BTS OFFICIAL Hi Y/n! Instagram From ???? back off bts before you regret it! ═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══ BTS just opened a new account ju...
192K 5.8K 98
❝hey is this jungkook ? ❞ - pjm ❝yeah what's up? ❞ - jjk credit to the lovely @HYUNVODKA for the book cover idea :') check o...
46K 1.6K 20
A fanfic about Yoongi's old song that he wrote and a girl that wants to recreate it from her memory. This is the first fan-fiction I have written, h...