The Trials and Tribulations o...

By babyblu96

Now that her and Lucas are together, the real struggle begins. More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thiry-Six

Chapter Sixteen

670 69 9
By babyblu96

Today is the day that Lucas is supposed to be home and I can't wait. Ever since I found out about Brianna and her potential pregnancy I have been in a funk. I need Lucas more than ever now. I was confused on how I felt, one part was pissed and another part was just numb. I wanted to throw a fit like a child but I knew I couldn't. I just stared up at the ceiling forcing myself not to cry. Everything was making me lose my promise to myself. I didn't want to cry, especially not over Brianna. A tear slipped down my face and I quickly wiped it away not liking the idea of crying.

I got up and went to Lucas' office to see if I could get some work done. I thought if I was in his office I would feel closer to him and the pending pain would go away. Since I hired Marco I needed to look over my finances. Hiring someone else had put stress on me to find a way to work around it. I had to redo my budget plan to make sure everything works and I still make a profit. I didn't want to lose any money because of this new hire. If I did things right I could make things work and make a profit.

As I was looking at the computer at my last quarter rates from the shop profits Lucas' mom walked in. I didn't want to go through this right now. I didn't want to add to the stress that already existed. I just wanted to be left alone.

"What the hell are you doing in my son's office?" I looked up at her. She was getting too comfortable in my home. She was working my nerves. I didn't feel good. I needed to be left alone.

"I can't do this right now."

"I don't give a damn what you can do. I asked you a question."

"This is my damn house and I go wherever the hell I please."

"This house belongs to my son, not you." She smirked to prove something but she was in for a rude awakening. She acted like she knew everything when in truth she knew nothing.

"My name is on the deed too. When we got married he changed it and put both of our names on it so this is my house too and you need to watch yourself before you find yourself outside of it." I smirked backing feeling good for the way her face dropped. Maybe no one never put her name on anything but my husband did and she would have to live with that. She recovered and walked closer to the desk where I was sitting. She was pissed now.

"Is that a threat I hear?"

I stood up to meet her. "Oh no, I don't have time for threats. It's a promise."

"My son would never let that happen." She was regaining her strength and confidence.

"Your son isn't here, I am and it would do you some good to realize your place."

"The only person that needs to learn their place is you bitch. My son will always do what I say and the sooner you get the better." Now she had crossed the line. The fact that she had admitted that Lucas would always do what she said made me angry. She was taking advantage of the situation. She was banking on the fact that Lucas would never say anything to her. And the worse part was she was right.

I got up angry and walked over to her until I was face to face with her. "I don't give a damn about the hold you think you have over Lucas because understand this I am his wife and you will never control me which means if you cross me, I will destroy you; the sooner you get that the better." At this point we were staring each other down. Neither one of us was willing to move. If she thought she was going to just run things with no problem then she was sadly mistaken. I wanted to portray my power onto her. I wanted to show her that I wasn't afraid of her.

"What the hell is going on here?" I didn't need to turn to know whose voice that was. Lucas was home. We stayed looking at each other daring each other to look away. "I asked a question." He put bass behind his voice to let me know he was serious.

"I'm handling business since you can't seem to," I said finally turning to him. I met his angry face not caring. I was angry too. I was sick and tired of this bitch. She needed to go or learn some manners. He twitched a little not liking what I said.

"Follow me. Now." He was about to walk off but I wasn't moving.

"And if I don't want to?" he looked at me now with flames in his eyes. Usually I would back off but this time was different. This time I was not letting anything go.

"Then I will make you. Your choice." He stared at me daring me to say anything else out of the way. We were having an argument with just our eyes alone. At this moment I had forgot his mother was even in the room. As far I was concerned she didn't need to be here.

"Lead the way then," I said finally ending this shit. I wanted out of the room anyway. He had been gone and now he wanted to return the big man acting as if he knew everything. He had no idea what I had been through with his mother but he was going to find out. I was tired of dealing with this shit called his mother. I didn't put up with shit from my own mother so I sure as hell wasn't going to put up with it from his.

I followed him out of the room and into our room up the stairs. He stomped the whole time making it clear he was angry but I couldn't care less. He was mad and so was I. Once we were in the room he slammed the door. I almost slapped him but let him slide, for now.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he asked looking at me. If looks could kill I would be ashes. I made my face hard like his not showing an ounce of emotion that he could feed on. It was one thing I learned from his mother, if I showed no emotion she had nothing to work with.

"There are a ton of things wrong with me but right now my main problem is your inability to put your mother in her place."

"She's my mother Samaria."

"And I'm your wife." He continued to pace the room frustrated but I wasn't nowhere near done. "I deserve to walk around my own house without worrying about the wicked bitch of the west."

He stopped pacing turning to me. "What do you want me to do Samaria?" he sighed heavily. I looked at him and then back down sighing myself.

"If you don't know by now that's your problem." I walked out of the room completely done with whatever the conversation we were having. He was making clearer by the day that his mother would be left up to me to deal with and that was not something I could deal with. I needed him to step in at some point or everything else that I was dealing with would drag me under. I needed someone to stand by me. I needed my husband.

I grabbed my keys and went to my car trying to get away from any and everything that was in that house. I couldn't take it anymore.

I drove to Lincoln's house not really knowing where else I could go. I knew he wouldn't give me a hard time or make me feel like I was in the wrong. I got and went and knocked on his door. A tall skinny girl about my age with a dark complexion and huge lips opened the door. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. "Um is Lincoln here?" Lincoln then appeared in the doorway with no shirt on smiling at me.

"What's up?"

I looked between the two and noticed the girl was wearing barely any clothing. I could see her small breast from here which told me this was not a friendly call. "I shouldn't have come, I see you're busy." I turned to leave but he grabbed my arm.

"Actually she was just leaving." The girl's head snapped so quickly to him then back to me. She was not happy about that.

"But I just got here," she pouted poking out them huge lips.

"And now you are just leaving." He pushed the girl out the doorway and pulled me in. He closed the door behind me then leaned up against it.

"I didn't think I would see you dressed like this again." He was smirking which made me confused. I looked down at my outfit and realized I was still in my pj's. I had left the house so mad that I forgot to put on some clothes. I shook my head very embarrassed.

"I totally forgot." I plopped down on his couch completely tired. He sat next to me looking at me now serious.

"What's going on with you?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I said laying my head on the back of the couch and looking up at the ceiling. The ceiling had become my new friend. It saw everything I was going through and never let me go through it alone. The best part about the ceiling was it hopped from one place to another to always be there for me.

"So what do you want to do?"

"I want you to be my friend and make me forget all of my troubles." He smiled and nodded.

"I got you." He got up and walked out of the room and then came back with a bottle of vodka. "You want to forget then let's have some fun." He smiled holding up the bottle. I hadn't turned to drinking in a while. Maybe it was something to do.

"Well that's definitely going to make me forget," I said smiling back at him. He undid the top and took a sip as he sat back down beside me. He handed it to me. I took it letting the hot liquid slide down my throat. At first it stung but I soon got used to it. I did feel better. I looked at him. "Sorry I made you drive your date away."

"She was just a booty call," he said shrugging. He took the bottle taking another sip.

"Oh." Was all I could say to that. Was not secret that Lincoln had his fair share of women so I wasn't surprised. Ever since we stopped dating and went our separate ways he went on a total dating spree with anyone that could walk or looked at him. I took the bottle back and he laid his head in my lap.

"I much rather spend my night with my best friend."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306 78 110
It's the continuation of life is a hard journey.
195K 2.7K 76
the developing love of Jake and Erika, two people who will stay together through thick and thin.
39.9K 1.2K 27
Life isn't the greatest thing for Lucas and Riley, but one thing is for sure. The love between them is undeniable and its something that'll last an e...
1.6K 95 41
Love is hard. It's unfair, difficult and confusing. That's what Y/n realized too. New school year, new guys in class, new friends and new enemies. A...