Dance of Two Colors (Genji x...

By RedOnBlack

Genji Shimada was his name. Before he grew up, before he played with girls, and before his brother killed him... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
HALLOWEEN
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty

Chapter Seven

9.2K 290 321
By RedOnBlack

I had to admit that Genji was getting better at math. He may seem like a complete dumbass, but when he really payed attention, he caught on quick. After school, we literally only had to review a few things for something like forty five minutes. That left over an hour of time to do whatever.

I tried to convince him to adjust my pay according to the time that I actually spent teaching him, but he wouldn't hear it. He insisted on paying me for the full two hours each day, even though I probably wasn't worth it. I was grateful anyway, and I could just barely admit it... but I always looked forward to finishing up all the school stuff so we could just hang out. I was slowly liking his company more and more. Or maybe I was just getting used to his annoyingness.

After we finished up all the math stuff, I stretched and sighed. I was so exhausted; the night before, at gymnastics, my instructor really pushed me to the limits of my flexibility, so my body was lethargic and done with life. I was contemplating asking if I could just nap on Genji's bed when I noticed that he was staring at me like a puppy expecting a treat.

"What?" I grumbled.

He only grinned a little, like he expected me to know. It suddenly hit me.

"Oh. I promised I'd make your school lunch." I was still tired, but the idea of cooking a good meal perked me up a little.

"Well, if you insist..." he teased, scoffing like he hadn't been silently begging me just a second ago. I chortled. "Shut up."

I got up out of my seat and pointed to the exit of the room childishly while striking a pose. "Tooooo theeeeeeee kitcheennnnnn!"

The two of us ran out of the room while making immature battle cry noises. We ran past several bodyguards, who looked at us with a mix of sadness, disappointment, and distaste. Here was one of the future leaders of the Shimada clan, acting like he was five with some strange girl. It was a stroke of luck that Hanzo wasn't there to see.

"I'm not used to cooking in someone else's kitchen, so it'll probably be a little hard," I noted aloud in between my battle cry.

"That's what she said!"

"Genji, jesus christ."

We entered the kitchen, and I decided to grab all the cooking utensils first. Genji pointed to the drawers at the end of the room, and I pulled out a pot, stirring spoon, and two mixing bowls. I inspected the materials, because they had a layer of dust coating them. Well. He wasn't lying. He definitely hadn't had a home cooked meal in years.

I blew the dust off and coughed a little as I was engulfed in dust. "Okay!" I yelled. "This is a start!"

"What are you going to cook?"

"Well, what do you want?"

"Some really good ramen, maybe?"

I smiled. Ramen was my specialty. I slammed the pot onto the stove and turned the heat up. I pushed a bowl onto Genji's chest. "Put some water in this."

"Aye, aye." 

He did as I asked, and I went ahead and started making the broth. Genji watched with amazement as I started working wonders. A dash of salt. A bit of broth mix. Pepper. Egg. And then stir.

"Remind me why I'm doing this for you again?"

"Because you're in love with me."

I shot him a what-the-fuck look, to which he responded with a smirk. "Just kidding! I need the nutrition."

"I regret not starving your ass."

"Please. If there's anything you want to do to this ass, it's tap it."

"The only ass I'd tap is literally anyone else's. Now shut up and leave me to it."

(GENJI'S POV)

I hadn't seen the kitchen so lively since my mom was alive. I remembered her now, running around like (y/n), a look of determination and concentration on her face as she stirred and tasted her food. 

I watched (y/n) as she rummaged around in the cabinets looking for her ingredients, and felt a surge of adoration for her all of a sudden. I never expected anyone to cook for me ever again. And since my mom... I didn't think I'd ever want anyone to do that ever again. But seeing her here, lively, upbeat, and humming a tune, my mind changed instantly. It felt right. I didn't feel so alone.

A look of sassy delight took over her features as she finished the ramen. 

"Hah!" she exclaimed, her hands resting on her hips. "You won't taste anything better than that!"

I laughed.

She really was the cutest thing.

(Y/N'S POV ONCE AGAIN)

"What're you laughing at, Shimada?! When you eat this up tomorrow, you'll be crying tears of appreciation for your chef," I proclaimed, pouring the ramen into a reusable bowl to store for his lunch.

"I don't doubt that, little bug. Thanks, really."

"I was right, though... it was a bit harder since I'm not familiar with this place."

"That's what she said."

"..."

As he laughed at his stupid joke, Genji's phone suddenly vibrated in his pocket. He flinched in surprise, but whipped it out to see what the notification was. I finished storing the ramen in the fridge just in time to see him reading his text. I didn't want to make it awkward, so I just grabbed a box of cereal and took a handful to occupy myself with chewing.

The green-haired boy looked up at me with an apologetic look in his eyes. "(Y/n), I totally forgot, but I have a party that I'm supposed to be at right now. Since we're not studying or anything..."

I wasn't going to lie, I felt kind of disappointed. I had planned to make popcorn and sit around watching The Office with him as he made stupid and sexual jokes but I guess that kind of flew out the window. I would probably feel like something was missing if I didn't get my chill time with Genji.

"Yeah no, go ahead. I'll just go straight home from here," I answered as nonchalantly as I could.

"Thanks. I'll see you tomorrow, little bug."

"Bye, loser."

Genji and I left the kitchen, but he went to his room to get ready for his party, while I let myself out. It wasn't even time for ballet yet, so I indeed had to walk home. Perhaps I'd help my mom clean the house or something.

I don't know why I felt worried. Partying and getting laid was a lifestyle for Genji; he was used to it. What did I expect? That he would somehow change after befriending me? Pfft, pathetic. People don't change like that.

It was really none of my business. And he was a douche anyway. AND I was only his tutor.

 This was my problem! I cared too much for everyone.

-------------------------

I had just finished ballet and gymnastics class, and was laying on my bed, utterly exhausted, and ready to keel over any second. I had already changed into my pajama shorts and a t-shirt after having taken a bath.

I was dozing off when I heard my phone's ringer go off.

I snapped out of my daze and grabbed my phone like some kind of predator. Part of me expected it to be Genji, for some reason... but it was Maya calling me.

Why the hell did I expect it to be Genji?

I answered the phone, yawning. "Maya?"

"(Y/n)! How was ballet?" her voice rung out from the receiver.

"Tiring. But Mary says I should start preparing for that audition for the show that I wanted to appear in. That means workkkkkkkk agggghhhhh..."

"Heh. Lazy asshole."

"You got that right."

"You tutor that guy, Genji, today?"

I shifted on my bed and stretched like a cat. "Mmhmm."

She groaned over the phone, putting a smile on my face. I could picture her scrunching her nose up in disgust and frustration. "I hate him."

"So you've said," I laughed.

"I bet he's getting wasted right now."

"Actually, he probably is. He's at a party."

"How unlikely. Anyway, let me ramble about Erick!" she squealed.

My mom called up from downstairs, yelling at me to go to sleep already. I knew she was watching her favorite Korean drama show and just wanted me to shut up. 

I clicked my light off. "Condense your ramble. I gotta go."

"Okay, so he's so AMAZING! I dropped all my shit on the floor, and he picked it all up for me and winked at me!"

"Mmmmm, sounds like something Genji would do. And he's a fuckboy."

"Erick's different! Oh, and he tells me that his friend Kai is transferring to our school, and his first day is tomorrow. New boy alert! He's all yours, I have Erick."

I laughed as quietly as I could, not wanting to disturb my mom. "Enthralling. Gotta go, Maya, love you."

"Love you, (y/n)!"

I hung up and threw my phone to the other end of the bed, ready to fall into a deep and bottomless slumber after my strenuous day. So. There was some new guy coming in named Kai, huh? Maybe I'd say hello, just for the sake of getting a new friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 395 26
"Let me offer you some advice," By now he was inches away from me, venom dripping from every word he spoke. I tilted my head up to look at him, seein...
21.5K 688 23
18+ Young to older Hanzo and McCree Hanzo is visiting Genji in Watchpoint: Gibraltar for a short time and meets everyone. Well, he has met everyone e...
24.8K 424 38
This book is about a game called OverWatch. This is a fanfic for Genji Shimada and Hana Song (D.Va).
46.1K 1.5K 66
" a story in which the infamous talon assassin known as nighthawk is forced to become a blackwatch agent in exchange for her freedom " overwatch sem...