The Awakening (RAPTURE Series...

By LadyDawn

Rapture The Awakening By: LadyDawn 2012 Copyright © All Right Reserved *Edited* This is Book # 2 of the Raptu... More

RAPTURE The Awakening Copyright
Preface
Chapter 1 Training Camp
Chapter 2 The Enforcers Take Their Place
Chapter 3 A New Era Begins
Chapter 4 LadyDawn Heads Back Home
Chapter 5 Tracking Down The Traitors
Chapter 6 The Underground Cavern
Chapter 7 Ravenwood Is Under Attack
Chapter 8 Two New States Arise From The Ashes 1 In Trouble
Chapter 9 A Plan Is Forming, Where Did They Take Her?
Chapter 10 Another Day Brings with it (1+1) + (1+1) = Superiority
Chapter 11 Fire Rains Down From The Sky
Chapter 12 Love Them British Boys
Chapter 13 A Test of Skills
Chapter 14 Here Kitty Kitty Kitty
Chapter 15 An Easily Corrected Mistake
Chapter 16 Ouch - That Butt Chewing Hurts, Practice Make Perfect
Chapter 17 Samantha Proves Her Worth
Chapter 18 Renascence Festival of Horrors
Chapter 19 Tender Is The Heart
Chapter 20 Why Is Emmie Turning Green?
Chapter 21 Three Grapefruits On The Table But Nothing To Eat
Chapter 22 A Day The World Will Never Forget
Chapter 23 Set Fire To The Sky
Chapter 24 Desperate Measures Require Desperate Actions
Chapter 25 Tracking The Enemy
Chapter 26 You Can Hide But We Are Tracking You
Chapter 27 Clyde's Mistake our Fortune
Chapter 29 The Week Drags On
Chapter 30 Continuing Troubles
Chapter 31 Another Day of Testing Two Die Today
Chapter 32 A Full Moon to Remember
Chapter 33 A Day In The Life of A Trainer
Chapter 34 So The Battle Begins
Chapter 35 Run Little Wolfe Run - We Are Going To Catch You!
Chapter 36 Meet The First Supreme Witch
Chapter 37 Six Months Was Only An Estimate
Chapter 38 The Battle Begins
Chapter 39 The Awakening
Chapter 40 Time to Toy with the Enemy
Chapter 41 Fighting Mad
Chapter 42 The Final Battle ?
Chapter 43 Life After The Battle

Chapter 28 A Trip to Germany Then Off to Romania

703 12 0
By LadyDawn

Rapture The Awakening By: LadyDawn

2012 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 28 A Trip to Germany Then Off to Romania

The phone rang out early one morning down in the US office of the Enforcers to which Viorel answered. “Hello good morning this is Viorel, you have reached the office of the Enforcers how may I direct your call today.” she rang out to the other party listening in. “Just one moment Your Majesty I will summon them all down to the conference room to take your call right away.” placing the Queen on hold she pressed the page all button on her phone and spoke. “I have a call down in the conference room for all the Enforcers please report here ASAP the Queen is waiting for you all” Viorel released the button then went back to work typing away at her monthly reports.

In walked a steady stream of people into the conference room. One by one they took their seats. Amalia pressed the red button on the top of the speaker to answer the call. “Hello Queen Mother we are almost all here we just have two more left to arrive.” she told her mother.

“Very good I have some good news for you all once you are all together.” In walked Samantha followed by Emmie carrying Icka with a towel wrapped up in her hair. Seems they were in the shower when she received the call to report to the conference room. 

“OK Mother we are all here sorry to keep you waiting” Amalia replied to the Queen. 

“Very well the news I have for you is that you are all to attend a dinner here tomorrow in your honor with the children so bring your best dress uniforms. Boys and girls you know what to wear and we have a tailor here to make the children their cloths for the dinner.” the Queen stopped for a moment to let it all sink in before she continued. “We are going to send you all back over to the training camp with the children for a week to give them a chance to experience true fighting unrestrained so they can show us what they can do at this time.” Again she paused for it to sink in that we were all going as a group to Romania to challenge the little ones.

“Mother do you think that is a wise thing to do with what has happened in the past with others knowing what they did?” Emmie asked fearing for their childrens lives.

“I fully understand where you are coming from honey, but we have that all under control we are sending the whole training camp staff on a two week extended vacation, and it will just be staffed with us. The Protectors Camdon and Blaine are there right now to relieve the present crew and Xandria will be there by tonight along with Sabine and Liese. As soon as this little dinner is finished we will all fly out together on your plane to start their training the next day.” The Queen explained.

“OK. Well that makes a lot more sense that way at least we know we can trust everyone there and no one can enter the grounds there to watch in. When do we have to leave here today to get there on time?” Anton asked. Typing onto his tablet trying to figure out the time difference and the travel speed with their large jet fully loaded like it will be with the 15 of them, four guards, a pilot and copilot, plus all their gear. Anton gave up trying to figure it out with a huff.

“You should leave in about an hour that should give you plenty of time to pack up and get the necessary supplies for the trip. Don't forget to pack for the children some warm clothes and extra food you know how the children are when you travel with them. It has been cold up in the mountain at Romania this time of year.” Mother told us all.

“OK. We will be heading out in one hour see you all soon bye for now mother. Kiss daddy for us.” Amalie pressed the red lit up button on top of the speaker phone to end the call so they could all file back out of the room. Stella and Wilda headed straight to packing up clothes for the children and for themselves leaving the girls free to pack their own clothes.

Plus they had to grab the one special long gown bag hanging in the back of the closets with their formal wear, a corseted maroon and gold dress with gold trim and their own special crest embroidered on the left breast. These were totally decadently elegant formal gowns. Each one form fitting at the top then flowing out from the corset out to the floor in a wide sweeping with a real gold trim at the bottom edge.

Stella and Wilda went to the kitchen to see Maria and Tamsin to pack up food and blood drinks for both the children and the nursing mothers. Though the children may be walking and talking they are still nursing once a day to gain their full immortal strength and power that only mothers milk can give them from their milk. The rest they get from the Royal blood which is a mixture of the King, Queen, and Xandria's blood which has a special property to it. Magical property.

Their guards have been very busy packing all their things on the jet, as have the pilots who have fully fueled the jet and pulled it out of the hanger onto the tarmac to ready it for the takeoff in fifteen minutes. One by one they ascend the steps up into the jet taking their usual assigned seats. It is a very wide and comfortable jet with plenty of room to stretch out in, even a place for the children to be put to bed in the back, or for adults to sleep in if they need to. Once in the air Stella and Wilda take the children to the back room to get them out of the adults hair for the rest of the trip. They have games aboard for them to play to keep occupied.

The rest of the crew spend the time going over the data they have of Clyde's activities over the last 5 months now. They are staying one step ahead of him now with their spotters and informants giving them creditable intel now. He has been stopped several time from recruiting more to his army of wolves and we have forced him back to the east three times also. This last time he went all the way back to his first sighting back in Toronto. That was just the beginning of this week. We were winning the battle over him recruiting more members to his side, now we just have to figure a way to get a few spies on the inside to find out just what his plans are for the future.

We landed right on time taxing on up to the gates they assigned to our jet so we could deplane and head on into the service area so they could unload all our luggage and have it brought up to our rooms for the night. We headed into the castle to meet up with our mother and father the Queen and King of the High Council who were waiting in the main assembly room with Xandria. Xandria was just getting ready to leave, we bowed and curtseyed to the King and Queen and a nod to Xandria as a sign of respect as we were all directed to do. “Rise and step forward we wish to do away with formality till dinner time tonight” We all rose from our deep curtsies and stepped forward to hug our parents.

“It is so good to see you all we have miss you so!” Mother said. As she gave us a bone crushing hug. “I am glad I could get you all here at one time with all my grandchildren.” She was glowing. “Look at them they are getting so big and tall, and oh so beautiful” 

“Grandma I am not butifoll I am a boy I am hand some me.” Little Bavo fired right back to His grandmother the Queen. 

“Why yes I guess you are a handsome little fellow at that. Sorry for calling you beautiful young man” Our Queen mother all but laugh out. We headed up to our rooms with mother and father in the lead directing us to our different rooms since they had redone them all since the invasion on the castle all those long months ago. So many changes were made to the interior to improve the comfort of the residence who live within it, this was a welcome improvement since the last time we were here or the past even.

After finding all our rooms the children were whisked away along with Wilda and Stella to the tailor for their first fitting for their new custom made gowns. Plus a cute new uniform for Bavo to match his fathers right down to the identical crest upon his left chest pocket of his jacket. The three girls were being made maroon gowns with gold strips down the sides and a ring of pure gold rimming the edge just like mommies gowns, with the crest embroidered in the left breast. It would be a long sleeved gown for tonights dinner and dance. They were going to show off the children to the High Council tonight for the first time.

Tonight's showing was a formality nothing more nothing less, even though Camdon and Blaine won't be here to see them they will be seeing them the next day at the training camp and for the next week while they practice. The real ones they want to show them off to were the rest of the High Council more as a test to flush out any more traitors that may be left behind in their ranks. There will be two high ranking council members loyal to them also related to the family both uncles to the Queen who will stay behind to keep track of the rest of the Council members. It was all just an elaborate test to see if they could trust the rest of the members that were in charge. The Lord and Lady will also stay behind to make sure things don't get out of hand when they all leave.

The dinner went off as planned with all the rest of the High Council in attendance seated at the main table they walked in, in precession in pairs Amalia and Sandu with little Valia in the middle followed by Amalie. Next in were Catarina and Sorin with Bavo in the middle followed by Ceferina. And bring up the rear was Emmie and Anton with little Icka in the middle followed by Emari. They paraded into the dining room all the way to the center of the room forming two lines in front of the head table then in came Samantha, Wilda and finally Stella who formed a third line. When they were all lined up they all simultaneously bowed and curtsied to the High Council Holding it till the King spoke up.

“Rise everyone and please take your seats and join us in a fine dinner in all your honor.” then the King waved his hand pointing towards the tables and chairs right behind us. We filed out single file the way we filed in taking our seats starting at the center with Valia in the center flanked by Amalia and Sandu then to their right was Amalie next to her was Catarina with Bavo then Sorin and on the end was Ceferina and Wilda. To the left of Amalia was Emari then Anton followed by my daughter Icka with me Emmie and Samantha with Stella taking the last seat. When we were all seated they brought in the food for us to eat bringing out so many dishes for everyone to choose what they liked to eat. They even had several vegetarian dishes for Samantha to pick from.

Gazing up at the head table... smiling back down at us was one of the Supreme Witches of which Xandria became one of since her promotion to the High Council and further studies in Witchcraft. There were so many members we had never met before sitting before us, it was shocking to see them all. There had to be seventy five in all in three rows of twenty five plus the head table which had another twelve with the King and Queen in the center.

When it came time for the toast the King rose from his chair as did everyone else in the room. Raising his glass toward us he spoke. “It gives me great pleasure to introduce you all here to the Enforcers. Also as you have noticed they have brought with them their children which in the future will be known as, The Deciders. These four children along with one other a witch who is being trained as we speak right now. It will be their ultimate decision who lives or dies, or for that matter whether this whole planet is destroyed and we move on to populate another.” the King informed the group of High Council.

“From the right I give you in order please raise when I call out your name.” The King went down the line introducing all the Enforcers with their children and also Samantha the Witch. When he was finished they all toasted the health of the Enforcers and Deciders. When the meal was over and the tables were moved to the side of the room for the dance to start the band started playing a little louder than they had been playing all through dinner in the background. It was so lovely the music almost romantic listening to it play while we ate.

The children were brought forward into a single line with Grandma and Grandpa so all the High Council could walk past and shake their little hands and meet them. It took all of twenty minutes, by that time all the children were tired of just standing there shaking hands with so many people. They wanted to go play and dance especially Valia and Icka they love music, Bavo not so much he sat it out with the King by his side. Little Gaia was introduced to them later in the night in a private room. She was a secret even from the High Council seeing as she lives there at the castle up with the Supreme witches. She would be joining the children tomorrow when they go to the training camp for the first time. Gaia is four years old the oldest of the group and tallest by far, but all three of the other children are not too far behind her height wise.

The children were whisked off to bed by Wilda and Stella about 10 PM so they could all get their rest for the flight out the next day. The adults stayed up well into the night hitting the beds in the middle of the night sometime. Time was lost with all the dancing and chatting going on that night. Now it is 9 AM Germany time the children are all wide awake bathed dressed and fed ready for the flight over to the training camp, but not one of the so called adults is even out of bed yet nor stirring. A maid heads down the long hall knocking upon door after door waking up each person that is supposed to be leaving for the camp today. This is their wake up call at 9:15 AM. The stewards are standing by at the end of the hall waiting to collect the bags to haul them out to our awaiting jet to pack them back on-board. 

One by one we slowly emerge from our rooms, those lucky vampires have it made alcohol has no effect on their systems, where as me a shapeshifter my head is pounding after only 3 glasses of champagne. Oh when will I ever learn not to drink that stuff. Damn my head hurts!, Thank the Moon Goddess Stella has my little Icka I couldn't deal with her needing a feeding so early this morning; not with this head. 'FOOD I NEED FOOD!' I am thinking to myself.

“Emmie you look as bad as I feel! Damn girl!” Emari stated the obvious. No shit Sherlock.

“Emari would you please keep your voice down my head feels like it is about to explode.” I told my sister damn that girl has a loud voice so early in the morning she is worse than my daughter.

“Yeah yeah lets go find some food I am starving. I didn't eat that much last night with all those eyes watching us.” Emari reminded me why I was so hungry.

“I couldn't eat either with so may people staring at me either.” We hooked arms and headed down into the mess hall where there was a line of people waiting to go through to get their food. Just our luck for sleeping in.

“Looks like everyone else had the same idea we had sleep in then hit the food court later.” Emari stated looking miserable her stomach growling up a storm, how embarrassing. We finally did make it through the line and went to sit with the rest of our group at a reserved table, Ceferina was the last one to sit down with her food. After I had a second helping of bacon, ham, sausage and eggs I was feeling much better though my head still throbbed so on the way back to my room I made a quick detour to the infirmary to get something for it and to say hi to my old doctor.

I quickly packed my cloths back into my luggage and hung my now cleaned and pressed gown outside my door with the full luggage. Then headed down with all my sisters and my mate Anton to the boarding area to wait for everyone else. It took about thirty minutes for everyone to arrive including little Gaia the Witch. She was so cute. We boarded our jet got comfortable for the one hour flight to the training camp. Once we landed our guards helped unload all our baggage into the executive quarters while all the children were brought to the barracks along with Wilda and Stella. The King and Queen were also with us as were the rest of the Protectors in the Executive quarters. It was an extremely large building also where the dining quarters and school was stations at.

“Wow this place hasn't change all that much since we trained here. What has it been like 20 years ago, besides a few minor improvements in the barracks!” Amalia exclaimed when she walked around checking out the place with the rest of us girls, the boys had run off to the old town to check it out, they heard there were some new things added out there and they were excited to find out what they were. We just wandered around the base camp and barracks area and went inside the barracks to check it out and to see how all our children were settling in.

Wilda and Stella like always had them settled in quite nicely. They each had their own rooms with Wilda and Stella in between each child so as to keep any fighting or ruckus down at night when they are supposed to be sleeping. The showers had been made nicer with new tile everywhere, a bright yellow for the girls rooms, and a blue for the boys shower room. They even have each shower separated with a changing dressing room in the front of the shower room. They added a place to sit for the girls to do makeup for evening meals. There were separate sinks for each person there next to the makeup area. The lounge area was very well stocked with game of every type, more than we ever had; not that we ever had time to play any of them.

Now that the children are all settled into their rooms as are we, it is time to gather them all up and show them the meaning of working together for one cause. Test them and see just what powers they each have so we can help them learn to harness those powers to the best of their abilities. We head out to the old village that we were trained at to see all the new things they have added just for this week of training. We have no idea what was added, but it is special just for the children as per the book of the ONES which depicts just the things that the children will come up against in making their decision at the end of days.

Walking into the little village we find it is not so little any more it has dozens of newly added buildings of all kinds and shapes. Gone are the old run down houses and building we trained at, and the old fire pit is no longer there replaced by a brand new tall self-standing fireplace like the one we have and use for cooking on back home at our manor. The old water-well is still there but has been all rebuilt into a beautiful fountain with a large round pool of water surrounding it. The whole town looks like it is an occupied town with cars, lights, paved roads, even music playing off in the distance.

Wandering around this new larger village we find the center of it where there is actually people wandering around. Turns out it was our guards dressed up to look like villagers some in business suites others in dresses and wigs. There was even a couple sitting on a blanket in the park in the village center under a shade tree the girl was sitting on the blanket the guy was laying his head on her lap looking up at her. Looking closer at them it turned out to be Stella and our guard George from the UK office.

Looking closer at the other women wandering around we spotter Wilda, Aunt Blaine, Lady Xandria, Aunt Liese, and Aunt Sabine all dressed as towns people it was a total shock to our system when we realized that they were all playing parts dressed down just so our children wouldn't know who they were nor who the men that were at their side either.

Once we were finished checking out the whole village the King and Queen escorted us back to the edge of town where we entered from and were told to wait while they set up the scenarios for the children to respond to. It was only a few minutes before they were given the OK to enter the town without us. They were told that there were several prisoners in a building in this town, they had to find them and save them without killing anyone. Use any powers they had to get the job done bring the person back here when they finished.

The four children ran off into the village followed by the Queen at a safe distance so as not to be seen. We are so tempted to run after her to watch our children in action, but were given strict orders to stay put, so here we sit on our laurels not moving a muscle. It seems like it is taking hours for them to get back here like there is a problem or something. It is like they can't do it on their own so it seems, just how long have they been gone for crying out loud? This is taking forever I for one am pacing back and forth at the entrance to the village, and it seems like a lifetime since my little Icka has left me standing here waiting for her to return. I am no good at waiting, especially not for my child to return from her first mission without me. I wish I was there with her to help her out this first time showing her the ropes.

Then I can see them walking back up the paved road holding hands with a tall woman escorting her in our direction. They all have succeed on their first assignment and saved this woman from the grips of her captives. They lead her out to the edge of the village where we are standing to which the King congratulates them all for their great work saving the woman they escorted out in only twenty minutes. Wait it has only been twenty minutes?, but it felt like hours to me. Oh I guess a doting mother like me all worried can make time stand still and last forever. Giggle. I ran up to my daughter and hugged her to congratulate her on her fine work before being pulled back away.

“Emmie there will be none of that till testing is all over please step back, or go back to headquarters to wait till we all get there do you understand?” The King barked out an order toward me. I cowled down and nodded my head at him and shrieked back to my seat they had for us to wait at. I was so embarrassed being talked to like a little child like that; especially in front of my own child.

The rest of the first day went by as slow as molasses with test after test which all the children accomplished in very good time for their age. They only had one slip up toward the end it took them extra time to get a guy out of a burning building that they set on fire to save him. At that point little Valia walked right into the burning building right into the flames and carried the guy out as the building went up in flames all around her. She didn't so much as get a lick of fire damage to her cloths, or to the guy she was carrying. She created a wall of water around them both to walk inside out to safety. We found out about it later when they came out with their person, one of our guards told us what happened.

That was it for the day we all hugged our children and walked the mile back into town to meet up with the guys who had just been lazing around all day. That was their big mistake. They were put on night watch at the three main corners of the compound so it would relieve three of the guards for the night. After a good dinner we walked our children back to the barracks or actually marched them back over there. Then handed them over to Sargent Wilda to take care of as we headed back to the Executive wing to sleep for the night. We were exhausted after the night we had, the night before and all that everyone went through today. I was out the minute my head hit my pillow. Sleep came easy to me that first night there especially with how comfortable the bed was and how little sleep I had and all the stress I was under today. As if I was the one being tested today instead of my child Icka.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 143 19
#Book 1 of the Blood Moon series One never knows what is going to happen next. Neither did Neraya. Reluctance gripped her heart at returning back...
11.3M 330K 54
Haven was an alphas daughter. Although she thought she was just an ordinary girl, her father always told her she was destined for greatness. When ne...
716K 18K 94
Everyone knew about Peter Parker but what if his story was different and he had a twin sister named Payton. After the avengers save them from hydra...
6.7K 241 51
Book one in the slayer series book two is what have I become: Zanara and Jelani were always different, shapeshifters since birth and friends since sc...