The Ruthless She Wolf

By Obsidian_Eren

Ever since that day, everything changed. Ever since that day, the people she knew, everything she thought she... More

Backgrounds
Prologue
~(1)~
~(2)~
~(3)~
~(4)~
~(5)~
~(7)~
~(8)~
~(9)~
~(10)~
~(11)~
~(12)~
~(13)~
~(14)~
~(15)~
~(16)~
~(17)~
~(18)~
~(19)~
~(20)~
~(21)~
~(22)~
~(23)~
~(24)~
~(25)~
~(26)~
~(27)~
~(28)~
~(29)~
~(30)~
~(31)~
~(32)~
~(33)~
~(34)~
~(35)~
~(36)~
~(37)~
~(38)~
~(39)~
~(40)~

~(6)~

306 19 0
By Obsidian_Eren

Anessa

Yet another one of my everyday runs was completed on the always sunny Shadow Creek with the amazing view of the whole territory. To me, it's one of the best places to think about everything because of the astounding nature sounds and the fresh air to give that tranquil frame of mind. 

It was about six in the morning when I first stepped foot outside and ran to Shadow Creek, now, it's nearing ten, the usual time when the breakfast would be prepared at the pack house so I decided to run back. 

Entering the kitchen, three recognizable voices sounded, the ones of Kyle, Brian and the human we found, Adonis Evans. The three were all gathered around the table surrounding a plate stacked high with a mountain of blueberry pancakes with bacon and eggs on another plate. Not a freshly killed animal but it will be over soon and I'll be able to eat bloody meat again. 

The three pairs of eyes turned to my perspiring figure and Kyle and Brian nodded whereas Adonis gave a small smile. My act was not forgotten as I took a seat next to him to not look suspicious. 

"Good morning Kyan, Adonis and Gideon." My voice was a little too perky for my liking but just the same like when I spoke to Adonis last. 

"What are you ta-" Brian's voice was quickly silenced and replaced by a screech, Kyle had fortunately stepped on his foot before he revealed anything too crucial. 

"Hi Olivia. How was your run?" Kyle or 'Kyan' asked me trying to switch the topics. 

"Yeah. How was your run?" Slowly but surely, Adonis was no longer confused and was waiting for my answer like everyone else. 

"It was good. Great to get that blood pumping every morning." I took another bite out of my pancake and drizzled a bit more syrup on the dry ones underneath. 

"Every morning?" Adonis looked as though he was trying to comprehend something like it was not common to run every morning. 

"Yeah, it's to get a better blood flow and to properly function for the rest of the day." I casually took another bite. It's probably not normal for humans to run every day I guess, after all, we are werewolves. 

"Did you leave at six for your run? I thought I saw you when I was standing by the window."

I had no other choice but to answer truthfully," Yes, that was me!." What's the worst that could happen? 

"You'd have to be out running for at least four hours...That's not human." He mumbled. All of our breaths heaved quickly and Brian almost choked on his eggs and bacon, "Or maybe it probably is. I guess it is since you can do it." No it isn't

"That's really impressive though. I run every three days and do other exercises when I'm not. I wish I could run every day. How do you do it?" I guess that explains his muscular body. 

"Some people are just different I guess." Adonis nodded in understanding whilst the other two nodded at my eloquent response because let's admit it, it was, I didn't even hesitate. 

"Hey Adonis?" 

"Yeah Kyan?"

"When are we going to leave?"

"I'm not sure, anytime is fine with me I guess." 

"The earlier the better." I mumbled but it came out in a scowling tone making all the boys look at me, "I mean, there might be traffic and we have a lot of duties to take care of and may not be able to drop you off when you want so it's best to probably go after breakfast." Good one. 

"I think that's suitable for me." Thank God he's leaving. 

The rest of the breakfast didn't last long since there was only slight conversation with him and well mostly with the three of us through out mind-link. After eating, both of the boys left with Adonis to drop him off somewhere not too far away from here but with the traffic downtown, it was going to be a somewhat time consuming venture and I didn't have the time to sit down and relax. 

'Keep an eye on him, he was harmed on our territory, he maybe a threat. I will have guards following you unnoticed until you find where he lives and tell them to keep watch.

'Roger that.

'Gerad, bring the boys and start following  Kyle and Brian and you are not to be seen. He maybe of harm to our pack and I can't risk that. If anything strange happens, call me and I will make the shots. Clear?'

'Crystal Alpha.'

'Good. Now go!' I could sense the ground shaking with the pattering of their feet against the ground as they ran though the forest to follow one of our pack rovers, something we would use to travel long distances or to go to any formal event. 

"Alpha?" I was halfway up the staircase. 

"Hema, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Anessa?" I mean, she thought me in school about a year ago, she never treated me any different back then so why should she treat me any differently now? Plus, she is one of the best Elders reigning in at about seventy three in human years but she is still going. 

I turned around at one of my old school teachers, she didn't change that much during the past year. Only a few wrinkles and grey hairs came in but other than that, she was the same Hema with the blouses, skirts, ancient necklaces and the brown and grey hair that cascades around her face in beautiful effortless curls. 

"Sorry Al- I mean Anessa, I'm just not used to it you see, I'm accustomed to calling people in your position Alphas." It's true though, however, she was my favourite teacher in school and only she gets the privilege of calling me Anessa, you know apart from my friends and family. 

"It's okay. If I may ask, why are you here?" 

"It's the annual Alpha-school meet up." Wait that was today? I thought it was next week!

"Oh shoot! I'm so sorry, it's just that a human was attacked by wolves in the forest and we were a bit occupied but I will meet you downstairs in a bit, just let me get changed." I walked up the stairs slowly and then picked up my speed when she curtly nodded allowing me to go. 

The trip to the school was a mere five minutes across Cade's land, quite convenient actually, it's perfect walking distance for any kid from the ages of six to eighteen, and of course, kept separate in the huge school. 

These annual visits were simple, all I had to do was talk to children at the ages of six to twelve, not that much may I add so it won't be too hard... I hope. 

About ten minutes after arriving, all kids were gathered in the assembly hall and sat quietly on the green tiled floor giving me all their attention. The assembly hall was massive, it was adorned with windows showcasing impressive landscape, it was quite beautiful... It changed quite a lot since I left. 

I love the little ones so much, it's definitely a changed experience from since my time. All students except children six and under had to be induced in fighting sessions everyday during some point in their school schedule. Thankfully, they don't have to do that anymore since most of the older kids and adults are more than capable of fighting off rogues and enemies. 

"What's it like being the Alpha?" A little girl with red pigtails stood up from the grown and fiddled with her tiny fair fingers. 

"It's not an easy job first off. It's commitment, dedication, determination, making hard choic-"

...

Anessa stopped abruptly in her speech and snapped her head to the window making everyone else do it too. 

"Everyone get ou-" Her harsh command is interrupted by werewolves jumping one by one through the windows continuously and weird enough, the glass made no noise until it impacted with the floor. 

About six werewolves watched the commotion they caused as Anessa and other teachers managed to get them out of there. Only one more kid left to run out as a black wolf lunged at her, however, instantly she threw the wolf towards the wall which suffered a few cracks from the harsh collision with the wall. 

Anessa pounced on it , immediately snapping it's neck to which the others growled at. The five other wolves attacked, it was like a black, brown and grey spiral for they just kept coming after each and every one of them was thrown aside. 

Students leaped into the assembly hall with claws and teeth ready to draw blood as Anessa was being submerged by the large group of them. 

'Stay back.'  

The students looked unsure but they knew they had to listen to the Alpha's orders.  Anessa still seemed to be struggling underneath until, she jumped through the body of wolves and landed a the opposite side of the room. 

She was getting angry, something that channels her inner white wolf and makes her go on a blood rampage. Her eyes glowed a noticeable silver, her breaths were heavy and her claws emerged. 

The wolves cowered back slightly yet they still ran to her at unimaginable speeds. None caught her off guard, she was able to fight them all off with just a few scratches here and there. The assembly hall was now a blood bath with five human bodies drowning in blood as one wolf remained injured and trapped between her deathly hands just threatening to break it's neck. 

Her intention wasn't to kill all, no, she needed one to send a message and a little injured too. 

"You tell your little master that this is what will happen to the rest of his wolves if he ever comes near my land, get it?" 

The wolf whimpered and jumped out of the broken window whilst Anessa watched it go with glaring eyes. Something wasn't right here, she already knew that and most importantly, this incident happened especially when the human Adonis Evans left. 

"Get these bodies out of here and carry them back to the pack house." The children from the doors were carrying the dead bodies on their shoulders as she looked around and examined the glass. 

Crushing the glass, it most definitely made a sound so why didn't it when they jumped through?Why did she only hear them coming close up and not from far away? How did they cross the border?

"Something's not right here."

---

Tell me what you think!

What do you want to see happen?

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment. 

See you in the next chapter, Bri <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 407 69
Leah is a human, well, as far as she knows. Her mother abandoned her when she was 8, but unknown to Leah, her mum is a werewolf and found her mate. A...
168K 5.2K 60
Have you ever saw someone, and you know he, or she, was going to be a part of your future one day? Like love at first sight. Well that's definitely w...
8.6M 220K 48
Brinn has known Alpha Titus as a close family friend since she was ten years old. He was like a big brother to her. Right before her first shift, he...
28.1K 943 19
Alpha Beta Omega All Wolf statuses In the same supernatural world. Orion. The Last Pure Beta, turned Omega. Since she was first introduced into her p...