Falling For My Boss

By EricaLanier

Harmony Becks gets a job at McCarthy Enterprises. Her boss ,Mr. McCarthy, is a rude, arrogant , snobby man. H... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 9

3K 207 10
By EricaLanier

It's all his fault. Everything is all his fault. My life is ruined.  I felt like I had to confront him so I drove to McCarthy Enterprises to tell him a pierce of my mind.

"Harmony umm I don't think you should be here." Stacey said. "Have you not seen what's all on social media?"

"Yes I saw it. Now I need to see him."

"Okay. I can ask him if I should send you up or not but you and I both know the answer."

"Just do it." I don't think I have ever been this infuriated in my life before.

She called his office phone. "Mr.McCarthy Harmony Becks is here. She said she wants to have a talk with you. Should I send her up?"

"Yes. Harmony Becks. Send her up? Okay."

"Well that was odd Harmony. I expected him to go crazy and like call security guards to escort you out of here or something." She said.

I was too pissed off to say anything. I quickly walked away and went inside the elevator. I had nothing else to say to her. I have everything to say to him.

The elevator dinged once I was on his floor. I swung his doors open. I didn't care about knocking. When I saw his face I was already disgusted. There he was leaning back in his chair with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"You came back for this job kind've early don't you think?"

I didn't say anything I just walked up to his desk leaned over it and slapped him. Yes slapped him. He stood up from his chair slowly. Yep he looked pretty pissed off. So was I. 

"You have no idea what you've did." My face was burning with tears. I thought about how I would have to relocate to a new place and leave Ariah behind now that my father knows where I am. I thought about how I would have to hide forever. I thought about how I had to change my appearance. I became more upset and started beating him in his chest. He didn't flinch once. I kept hitting him. I  wanted to inflict just even the slightest of pain that I was feeling on him.

I was going to give him one last hit and it was going to be the hardest ,but he caught my wrist and pinned me against the wall.

"You've ruined my life. Everything that I have ever worked hard for is all going to go down the drain. My friends. My social life. My chance of making a living. All because of you. How would you feel if you lost everything huh? You are a ruthless cold  hearted person and I hat-."

Before I could finish my sentence his lips were on mine. His hands left my wrist and travelled down to my face to cup it.  The kiss was demanding. I hate to admit it but it was also addictive. I started kissing him back. His tongue went all around my mouth and mines did the same in return. Then, his lips left my lips and traveled down to my neck. His hands down to my waist. My hands instinctively went to his chest and then to his buttons. I slowly started unbuttoning his shirt.

Wait. What was I here for again? Oh yeah! I snapped back into reality and pushed him off of me. Our breathing was rugged.

"Don't ever touch me again." I told him that because if he ever touched me again like that then it would lead to something else.

"I told you in the beginning that I could ruin your life in a snap of my fingers. You didn't listen. It's your fault."

I clapped my hands."Bravo! Bravo! You proved your point! You know from day one as I worked here I did everything you told me to do and then some and you didn't show any type of appreciation. Instead you showed how much of an asshole you can be. I was your best PA and you know it. I hope you're satisfied." I turned around and started walking but before I could leave out the door....

"Wait." I turned around to look at him. He was running his hands through his hair. He looked distressed.

"What?" I said with my coldest voice. He still didn't say anything.

"WHAT?"

"Nothing."

Pathetic. I left his office and went back home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I called Ariah and told her about what I had to do. She understood as she was the only one I have ever told about my past.

I stuffed everything into my bags. I left nothing out. Nothing. After I was done packing my bags I threw them in the back of Ariah's pick up truck. Now to get to my furninture. I called a u-haul truck to pick it up and move it to a storage until I had time enough to actually do something with it. Lastly I called a clean up crew to wipe down and clean everything, every corner, every crack, every single trace of me.

People might think that is extra for me to do this, but people don't know my father and his men. He has some very bad men and just from a slightest trace of you they will find you in under a minute. Yes. They are that good.

It was like 1 a.m. when I finally finished everything. I was very tired. I spent a night over Ariah's house and ordered my plane tickets for tomorrow. Tomorrow I will be going to los angelos, California.

Before going to bed I said a quick prayer. I will need prayer everyday now that my father is out there and looking for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was so hungry. I was starving. I haven't ate in 3 days. My father was punishing me for blocking his blows to my face. After school he would beat me until I vomited just because he thought i ate at school. Everyday of my life was torture. Pure torture.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was frantically rushing across the place trying to get everything together before going to the airport. I tripled checked if I left anything before I finally shut the door of Ariah's apartment and left for good. We had already said our goodbyes and shed our tears.

I had on a simple romper going to the airport. Here I am moving to a new state with no money, no connections and nobody. I don't know how I'll get a job cause everyone thinks that I am not worker equipment. Even still I'll go through all of this if it means not going back with my father.

It was finally time for me to get on the plane. I sat on my seat looking out the window. I was really going to miss Ariah. The plane took off and a tear fell off my cheek. I've cried so much that I don't think I will have enough tears to cry anymore.

I guess I'll have to become a waitress or something until everyone forgets about my face.

I felt a vibration on my lap. I looked down and saw that I had a call. Zyland. I don't know if I should answer or not. All this time he could've called and he decided to call me now. His excuse better be reasonable.

"What?" I said harshly.

"What the hell Harmony. I came by your house and you have moved out. I mean you cleaned out the whole place. What the hell is going on?"

"Oh so now you decide to call and check up on me."

"Yeah about that.."

"Yes. What about it Zyland?"

" I..I thought that you wouldn't want to talk me after what I did the other day."

I rolled my eyes. "Why did you come to my house?"

"To apologize to you for what I did. Maybe I can take you out to eat again and make up for it."

"Zyland."

"and i can buy you like a designer purse or something. Maybe you wan-"

"Zyland."

"Look I know I mes-"

"ZYLAND."

"Yes?"

"I'm never going back there."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm moving."

"To where?"

"I can't say."

"Why not?"

"I've seen what's on social media and all,but it isn't that serious to move away. Just come work for me or something."

I sighed. " You don't understand."

"Then tell me. I'm sure I'll understand."

"You won't Zyland. I have to go I'll talk to you later."

"Wai-" I hung up.

No one, but Ariah and God will ever understand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 619 20
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 " 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢...
2.1K 282 35
Once again her dark past wants to write its self , but the only difference this time she has someone to save her from its vicious claws But not only...
274 98 6
Charlotte Love isn't magic and sparkles if the first example blows in your face. Aka, my parents' marriage. But that doesn't mean I don't have love i...