My Chatting Mate *FIRST VERSI...

Galing kay SmilesNsunshines

[This is discontinued since there are a lot of plot holes, however I've written a new one. It's called My Cha... Higit pa

My Chatting Mate
1. Tree House
2. Dream
3. Traffic Light.
4. Cabin
5. Chat
6. Eavesdropping
7. Surprise
8. Secrets
9. Encounter
10. Decisions
11. Family vs Friend
12. Babysitter
13. Theodore
14. Crossed Fingers
15. Full Moon
16. Full Moon [ii]
17. Blackout Moment
18. It's from Tyler
19. Power Ranger
20. Video Chat
21. Crappy Pants
22. What a day
23. We Meet Again, Indigo.
Sloppy Kiss
24. My name isn't Power Ranger
25. Stop, just stop.
26. We've got company
28. Theatrically
29. De-o
REDOING!
UPDATED!

27. I'm not stupid.

2.8K 108 5
Galing kay SmilesNsunshines

I hope this chapter is long enough to satisfy your thirst quench ;)

27.

Avril pushed herself off the ground, dusting dirt off her shirt and trousers and smoothing the wrinkles of her shirt. She dragged her fingers over her red hair to untangle the knots and stops midway when she realised that six pairs of eyes were on her.

"What?"

"Did you invite anyone else?" Tyler query, his fist clenched and unclenched.

"No, why?" She folds her arm, her eyes shifting between Tyler and Ethan and lands back on Tyler.

"Someone apparently thinks that it'll be fun to join the party."

I looked at all three of them, with a puzzling look. "What are you guys talking about? Who's here?"

Tyler opens his mouth to speak but Ethan has other plans. "No time. They're getting closer." His gaze settled on Tyler. "We have to get out of here, now. Right now."

All of a sudden, Avril's voice occupies my mind. "Get out of there right now, Indie." Avril exclaims firmly. "RIGHT NOW INDIGO! THIS ISN'T A JOKE!" She bellows.

I stood still, not moving an inch at all. I was shocked as to which part of my memory did her voice came from. I blocked all noises and try to concentrate again on the voice, trying to match it with any of the recent memories I had. I was frustrated when nothing showed up; hold up, maybe that's some sort of clue that might lead me to the missing piece of my memory.

My name was being called out and my head instinctively snaps up finding the source of the voice. Tyler was in front of my face, his blue eyes studying me.

"Everything alright?" He asks gently.

I'm not - I've had random pieces of memories, I think, that seems to just pop out of nowhere. And they leave me bemused.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I add a small smile to prove to him that nothing's wrong.

Tyler didn't seem to buy it, but he let it slide. He embraces me, stroking my hair in a soothing manner while he hides his face in the crook of my neck.

"I have to go." I hear him murmur against my shoulder. "I'll be back though - I'm not letting you off this easy, not when I just finally got you."

I craned my neck to the side, to meet his face. "What are you talking about?"

Tyler let out a small sigh, "Avril will explain it to you, although I rather explain it to you myself."

"Tyler. Let's go, he's gonna arrive any minute now." Ethan says, glancing around the woods, mostly in the direction where Tyler had parked his car.

I could tell that Tyler was forcing him to leave me alone with Avril. I don't have any problem with that, even when she tried to kill me; I may sound naive, but again, I believe that there's a reason behind that action. Avril wouldn't just jump on me and attack out of nowhere.

"Go, I'll be fine." I trace his cheekbone with the back of my hand. "We still can chat." I add, remembering that we used to chat before this.

"I'll call you later then."

"You don't even have my number."

"That's what Ethan's for." Tyler smirks. "He has your particulars, including your address, contact numbers and such."

I gasp as my eyes widen. "You guys are stalking me too?"

"Tyler!" Ethan exclaims, sounding impatient. "I'm leaving your ass here in five seconds if we don't get out now."

Tyler turns sharply at Ethan, "I'm the Alpha here!" To prove his point, he growls at Ethan.

My eyebrows furrowed at that word; Alpha? Where have I heard that from?

"Sorry, Alpha." I shift my gaze over to Ethan who was bowing at Tyler. My eyes shift back to Tyler when he speaks to me.

"Don't keep your phone on silent." Tyler kisses my forehead, pushing a loose strand of hair and tucks it behind my ear. He gaze at me for another minute before turning on his heels.

Replacing his warmth and comfort was Avril. She was instantly by my side. "Where's your bag?"

I stared at her. "My bag...it's in-"

"Hey Indie!" Ethan yells. "Catch!"

Ethan threw my backpack and was saved by Avril swift reflexes before it could hit the ground. "Thanks a lot E!" I yell back at him just before he gets into his car.

"Alright, now let's pretend we've been here since school's over."

I was flipping through the magazine that Avril had bought a month ago while eating a Snickers bar from the secret stash. Avril was on her laptop browsing the net, when we heard the sounds of tires downstairs.

Avril glance at me and nods; we got this.

Both of us descend down the stairs and was greeted by Mr Reed and two of his friends, whom I've never met before. Mr Reed was all dressed up that simply meant business and the same applies to his other two friends.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Avril query just as we got to the bottom of the wooden stairs.

Mr Reed just raised an eyebrow at his daughter and avert his gaze to me. I suddenly felt uncomfortable under his gaze; it felt like he was scrutinising me for any potential threat that might endanger him.

"Hi, Mr Reed." I greet him after some time.

He simply nods at me. I could see behind his eyes that he was thinking of something and was determined to find whatever he's finding for.

"How are you girls?" Mr Reed threw the question at us, with a smile on his face.

Avril and I exchanged a quick glance. A glance that says play along, and so I did.

"Doing good actually," I was the first to respond, "we were just procrastinating - after we're done with our homework." I quickly add when I was being glared at by Avril. Her dad has something against procrastinating, I didn't know about that until she told me about it earlier.

"Yeah Dad. So, what brings you here." Avril pressed, tucking her hands casually in her pocket.

Mr Reed wasn't paying any attention to his daughter, his eyes were glued to his two friends who was busy walking around the spot where the four of us were at before Avril's dad arrives. One of his friends that was wearing a grey long sleeved shirt, bends down, it seemed like he was inspecting the dirty ground.

My eyes narrowed on his action when he picked up a certain leaf and inspect it on both sides. "What are they doing?" I inquire, jutting my chin out to his friends.

Another of his friend, this guy was wearing a dark green shirt, stood beside the grey shirt and both looked like their deep in conversation.

"Oh, that's Matt and Tim. Don't mind them, they always do that."

"More like finding for something," I overheard Avril mutter under her breath.

The grey shirt guy put the leaf into a zip lock bag and stands up in the process. Both men exchanged words while taking their time to walk towards us. "Excuse me girls, I'll be right back." Mr Reed didn't even glance at us when he said that.

He jogged over to his friends, and was soon engaged in a heated conversation. I turn my body, facing Avril and copies her actions, which is putting both hands in my pocket.

"Mind telling me why are we playing along with this?" I query casually.

Avril shifts her gaze to me and to her dad and his friends then back to me. She looked like she was deciding if she should tell me, but was hesitating. Avril rocks her heels back and forth, and mutters something low and soft.

"What was that you were saying?" I asked, moving my head to the other side and had my ear near her face. "You weren't loud enough."

"I said this was complicated."

I snort. "No shit Avril." I lift my hands out of my pocket and cross my arms. "What was so complicated that you had to attack me?" I hadn't realised that I had raised my voice until Avril slaps her hand over my mouth, and gaze over to where her dad is.

"Do you want to be killed!" She hissed in my ear, dropping her hand. "We'll discuss this when we're alone."

"No Avril. I've had enough of enough of this bull crap!" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Do you know what it feels like to be kept in the dark? It feels like something major is happening behind my back - or perhaps it's happening right under my nose but it's just that I'm too blind to see it." I straighten my back, letting my arms fall limp to my side.

Avril drops her gaze from mine. "I'm sorry-"

"Sorry doesn't suffice everything, Avril."

"I know," she says, gazing back at me, "but trust me - I'm not hiding anything."

Avril may be looking right into my eyes when she said that and if anyone doesn't know her well enough, they'll take her words and believe whatever she's saying. Not me though. I caught the little spastic movement under her left eye.

"Girls," Mr Reed called out, sounding near. "Is everything alright?"

None of us replied to his question. I stare at her, right into her green bluish eyes; how could she even lie to me straight in the face? I can't even lie to someone without the guilty conscience eating me later. This isn't the girl I grew up with - she has changed. Lately, she has been getting secretive, keeping to herself, the attitude when Ethan became our teacher and it just keeps piling up after that. And her sudden need to go home because of some stomach ache.

Avril has never skipped a day of school, not even once.

My eyes widen for a fraction; if she had indeed gone home due to a tummy ache, then why would she do a paint job of her car? It just doesn't make sense.

My head swirls in the direction of her car, which was parked beside her dad's Range Rover. I did a quick look-over at Mr Reeds car and noticed that he and Tyler's car was somewhat similar; that was why I thought it was Mr Reed's car. My eyes then land on the familiar baby blue Beetle.

I raised an eyebrow; her car looks the same, could she be lying about that too?

"Avril, Indigo," Mr Reed spike when he neared us, "is everything alright?"

I glance at Mr Reed, nodding. "Yup, everything is fine. Perfectly, honestly fine." I put an emphasis on the word honestly.

"That's great," he claps, "we should get going, it's going to be dark soon."

"Sure. Could you give me a minute to speak to Avril alone?"

Mr Reed immediately got the message. He nods his head, calls out to his friend and head to his car. When they were out of earshot, I focused my attention on Avril who was fidgeting in her spot.

"How's your tummy ache going? Still hurting you?"

"Not anymore, took some medication earlier on. It's fine now." She rubs her tummy in a circular motion.

"Nice looking car by the way. I got a question though - why is it still the same colour as this morning?"

Avril face paled. Her eyes were looking at everywhere, avoiding my gaze at all costs. She runs her tongue over her lips, saying, "There were lots of people getting a paint job today and I was gonna run late if I join in the queue." Her left eye twitches.

That's twice in a row now.

"Oh," was my reply. I took two steps forward, inhaling the good and exhale the anger. "Nice job in trying to be honest with me Avril - tell me, who would do a paint job on a Tuesday? Come back to me if you've decided to come clean with me." I pat on her on the shoulder and turn on my heels, jogged up the stairs to grab my bag.

Avril Reed

Laying on my back in my backyard, on the grass, looking up at the stars with tears streaming down my face. I've been in a bad relationships before and when we break-up, I didn't cry as hard like I am now. It hurts so so much knowing that Indie knows I've been lying to her.

The worst part was, she didn't demand the truth from me. I actually wanted her to do that, demand the damn truth. The truth was at the tip of my mouth but it just wouldn't come out and that's what frustrates me the most.

I know I have to tell her everything before this whole thing gets out of hand, and I wouldn't want her to hear it from another person's mouth - what would that make me look like? I'll look like a pathetic excuse for a friend that just couldn't tell the truth.

A strangled cry emits from my mouth. I tossed an arm over my face and try to control my haggard breathing. I had to breathe through my mouth since my nose is stuffed.

Recalling this afternoon incident made me cry even harder; I didn't know what came over me to charge at Dylan, and I should've stopped in time when I saw that Indigo turned them around. But I didn't. Something in me just snaps when Dylan made that remark. I got so mad that my mind takes over control and everything in my system listens to its command.

Thankfully Ethan pulled me away before I could push the dagger in Indie's skin. I couldn't imagine what would my life be without her. It took me a minute to realise that I almost kill my bestfriend.

I cringed at the thought of her blood all over my hands.

Shaking those gruesome thoughts away from my head, I then focus on Dylan. I was certain that I had killed him once upon a time, but who I saw today was exactly the same man I saw last year; Dylan being tortured by my dad's men.

It couldn't be that he came back to life, not unless he's a zombie of course. But werewolves couldn't come back to life unless a witch summon him. And again, it isn't possible because no witch has done that kind of ritual since the golden ages. Way back before my parents were born, the summoning of werewolves is.

His earlier words rings in my ear.

"You remember the bloodied him. You left him unattended with all those gruesome open wounds and after he has healed, you repeat those sick cycles again."

Was he speaking about himself in a third person view or... Did he by any chance have any other siblings that look alike like him? I know that he has another brother, older or younger, that I'm not so sure about. Maybe he has a twin? Yeah, maybe he does then that'll explain why he looks a lot like Dylan.

My crying has died down, and now my thoughts transferred over to Dad's sudden surprise visit at the Treehouse. Dad has never stepped into the woods, the only time he steps into that place was when he was building the Treehouse with Indie's dad. Not even once he came by to ask about our well-being.

That seems kinda suspicious; did he possibly know what was going on? Did someone tipped him off? If yes, then who was the culprit. It couldn't be Ethan or Dylan, we aren't even acquainted to begin with.

My thoughts were disrupted when Mum called me in. Huffing a loud sigh, I wipe my tear stain face and pull back loose strands of my red hair back. Getting up, I dust off the dirt on my butt and turn around to where my house is.

When Mum saw my tear stained face, she didn't question nor say a thing. I had explained everything, including what happened this afternoon with Ethan and Dylan. I trust my Mum enough to tell her these things. I know she wouldn't judge, but she wouldn't say a word to anyone about this either.

Mum gave me a small smile that tells me to stay strong. She also suggests that the sooner I tell Indie the truth, the faster this whole thing will be cleared. Not to mention that it'll somehow lighten my burden. I'm not saying lying to your best friend or loved ones is a burden; a lie could only go so far before the truth comes out.

"You need me?" My voice sounds like sandpaper. Mum must've known I've been crying, so she hands me a glass of water. I took one big gulp and wipe my upper lip with the back of my hand while I pass the glass back to her.

"Yes," she brushes my hair soothingly, "your father wants to talk to you." She said, looking at me.

She had worry swirling in her eyes. "Do you know what is it about?"

A torn look erupts on her face and it pains me to see her like this. "Just go and meet him, honey." She then turns on her heels and disappears from the room.

On my way up the stairs, Robyn cries out my name. I stopped and glance over my shoulder, in time to see that Robyn climbing up the stairs.

"I need to tell you something important."

I held back a groan, and control the urge to roll my eyes. What does a five year old have something important to tell. Nothing.

"Not now Robyn, I gotta meet dad." I say over my shoulder, as I continue my way up the stairs. I heard the little kid panting her way up to catch up to me, shouting my name.

"Talk to you later Robyn." I mutter to her when I reach Dad's office. The look on Robyn face made me want her to just tell me what's bothering her, or whatever important news she have to tell me. Her face was a mixture of disappointment and hurt.

Letting out a small sigh, I push the door open to his office. Dad was seated behind his desk with papers and the blueprint sprawled across his desk. What catches my attention was his Silver Spear and my crossbow.

What was he doing with my Crossbow?

"You wanna meet me?" I query, closing the door behind me and moves up to his desk.

"I'm going straight to the point - where's my dagger."

My heart quickens and my palms were getting sweaty. I stealthily wipe them on my shorts. "What dagger are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb with me Avril!" He raised his voice, glaring at me. "I know you took it!"

"What proof do you have?" I challenged him, which was totally the wrong move since he always have evidence whenever he asks these type of questions.

What have I gotten myself into?

"Why do you think I brought Matt and Tim over to meet you and Indigo, in the woods?" He replied, raising an eyebrow. "I know that you know what I was doing. Because let's face it - you've done it before." He got up from his chair, but before getting up fully, he took something from one of the drawers.

It was a zip-lock bag with the leaf that Tim had picked up earlier. With Tim around, it's hard to keep all evidence away thoroughly. Tim used to be an FBI agent before he decides to join Dad little army of hunters.

"What's that?" I nod at the zip-lock bag.

"A leaf."

I roll my eyes, "I'm not stupid."

"That's where you're wrong," he said smugly. "See this carefully."

He tossed the bag in my direction which I caught with ease. I scrutinise the dead leaf, every inch of it and couldn't spot a thing. "I don't see a thing apart from dirt."

He let out an annoyed sigh. "I don't know why you're born into this family when you can't even spot the most obvious thing."

It hurts. It truly hurts when a family member of yours says stuff like that. I angrily tossed the bag back at him, landing it on his chest.

He disregards my anger and proceed to show me the leaf once again. "Do you see this red thing here?" He points to a certain spot on the other side of the leaf. I nod when I see it. A small spot of red - like a drop of blood, some sort like that. "That's blood."

I cocked an eyebrow, "So?"

"And it's a werewolf blood."

"The blood is all dried up for crying out loud. How can you be so sure?" I shift my weight on my other leg.

"Tim has his way. But do you know what's the best thing?" He inquire, his eyes widen and I could hear a tinge of excitement and evil in his voice.

I nod my head in wary. "What is it?"

"It's a blood from one of their pack members - in other words, I know you meet up with them."

Uh-oh, Avril's dad knows... What do you think he's gonna do? If you enjoy reading Avril POV, do tell me so I'll add more of her perspective in the future :) What do you think of this chapter? Was it long enough? I felt bad that I had written a short chappy for the last chapter & decide to make an even longer one.

Tell me your thoughts on this chapter, which was your favourite/least favourite part. And if you haven't check out my other story 'Stay', please do check it out & leave me some feedbacks :)

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...