The Bully And His Quiet One

By pikefish

Aiden's life is far from perfect. He gets abused by his father and his mother left him. Then there's school... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue

Chapter 21

11.3K 295 89
By pikefish

Aiden's POV

"Oh. Hi Aiden," my mom said to me.

"Um, the office is over there." I pointed to the door on the wall.

"Right. Thank you." She started to walk over right as the teacher stepped out.

"You must be Mrs. Walker." The teacher walked up to shake her hand.

"Yes I am. And this is my daughter Clarissa."

"Hi Clarissa. I'm Mrs. Wilson."

"Hi," Clarissa said back.

"Alright. So I have some paper work I need to go through with you in my office. Clarissa can come back with us, or she can stay out here and play with the other kids."

At that time a little boy ran up to me with a book asking me to read it to him, so then I couldn't hear the rest of their conversation. I was reading "Ted and Fred" to the boy when the little girl, who I now know is Clarissa, bounced up to me.

"Is it story time?" she asked.

"Yeah it can be. Do you want to listen too?" She nodded her head excitedly and sat down next to me and I finished reading the book to the two of them. When I was done the boy ran off to play with another kid and Clarissa turned to me.

She pointed to the book and asked, "are they brothers?"

"No. They're just friends."

"Do you have a brother?" She asked me.

"No I don't."

"I have one." She looked down and played with the cover of the book.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah." She sighed. "Mommy says that he's older than me, but I never met him. He used to live with mommy but not any more."

"Oh." I didn't know how to respond. Finding out that my mom told my sister about me threw me a bit.

"Will I ever meet him?" She asked, looking up at me.

"Um. I don't know. Maybe one day you will."

"I want to."

"I'm sure he'll want to meet you too."

"Really?" I saw her light up a bit. I nodded and smiled at her. "Yay!" She jumped up and gave me a hug, taking me by surprise.

"Why don't you go play with some of the others. Get to know them." She nodded her head and ran off to play with someone who was making another tower out of blocks. I watched them for about five minutes until the bell rang. I stood up and walked over to the office and knocked on the door, that was still open, and Mrs. Wilson looked up at me. "Sorry. I was just letting you know that I have to go."

"Yeah of course. Thank you so much for the help."

"Anytime," I told her and then walked back out to grab my bag. I walked out of the room and almost ran into Leo who was passing by.

"Whoa. What are you doing in the nursery? Got a kid you're keeping from us?"

"Ha. No. They just needed some extra help." I started to make my way to history.

"Here I'll walk with ya." He took a couple large steps to catch up with me.

"You know, no matter what Blake is telling you guys, I don't need someone with me 24/7."

"Yeah, I know. Trust me, I tried to tell Blake that. But, it makes him feel better, and since you just got pelted in the head with a football, checking in on ya wouldn't hurt."

"I'm fine."

"Good to know. But I'm still going to stick with you. Heading to history right?" I nodded my head. "My class is two doors down anyways." We walked in silence to my class where Blake was waiting outside the door for me. Leo and Blake fist bumped each other as Leo walked by.

"Hey are you felling okay?" Blake asked as we walked into the classroom.

"Yep." I walked to the back of the classroom and sat down in my normal spot in the corner.

"What happened last period? You look really shooked up." I let out a sigh and rested my head on the desk. "Aiden?" I looked up at him. "What's going on?"

"Did you see who was with my mom at the diner?" I asked him.

"Uummm. No I only saw her." He crinkled his eyebrows in confusion.

"I have a sister." I whispered.

He widen his eyes in shock. "How did you find this out?"

"I was asked to help in the preschool today. And they came in."

"You talked to your mother?"

"Mmmmm. More like talked to my sister."

"How'd that go?"

"Well she knows about me, just not who I am exactly."

He wrinkled his brow a bit. "What does that mean?" Before I could answer, the bell rang and the teacher started talking.

"I'll tell you later," I whispered to him and then turned my attention to the front of the room where the teacher is.

Blake's POV

I watched Aiden throughout class and I just couldn't seem to read him, he looked frazzled but I don't know why. It is fun to watch him though. He looks so cute while he is taking notes intensely. Good thing he's paying attention because I know that I sure as hell am not, I can just copy his notes at home though. The bell rang, making me realize that it's later than I thought it was. I grabbed my backpack and stood up when I heard the teacher say, "Blake and Aiden. Can I talk to you two for a minute?"

I looked over at Aiden and I could see a hint of fear in his eyes. "I'm sure it's all okay," I whispered to him. He nodded and we walked up front.

"Okay, so I know you were out with a concussion Aiden. But, you guys remember the project from the start of class?" I saw Aiden nod out of the corner of my eye. " So, since you had a medical reason to be out, I will extend your due date, but I do really need it to get done."

"Yeah, absolutely," Aiden replied.

"How does next Wednesday sound?" The teacher asked.

"Sounds good," I told him and Aiden nodded in agreement.

"Great, thank you."

Aiden and I walked out and I could hear him let out a sigh of relief. "You good?"

"Yeah." I felt my phone buzz in my pocket right as he answered me. I pulled it out and saw a text from my mom.

Let Aiden know that I'm in the side parking lot. "My mom's here. She parked in the side parking lot."

"Okay." I grabbed his hand and walked him over to the door that leads out to the lot.

I pulled him into a hug when we got to the door. "I'll see you sometime after the game." He nodded. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I leaned down and gave him a quick kiss. "See ya."

I walked down to the locker room to see most of the football guys just sitting around instead of getting ready. "Hey, what's going on?" I asked Leo.

"Coach called. Said he's going to be like an hour late, but most of us decided it wasn't worth leaving though." I nodded and sat down. "How's Aiden doing?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? You're his boyfriend, you should know."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. His head seems to be doing okay. But...." I trailed off.

"What?"

"There's something going on with him and I don't know what."

Aiden's POV

Julie, Anna, and I walked into the doctors office. It's a good thing that around here you can check yourself in for your appointments by age 16 because they wouldn't let Julie do it. Anna stayed out in the waiting room during my actual appointment. The whole thing was boring, they just checked me out and told me that I should be fine, but if I'm experiencing pain in week to come back. At the end, the doctor asked to talk with Julie alone and I don't know what for, but it did take them awhile.

We walked back out into the waiting room, Anna bounced up and linked arms with me. "Sssssooooooooo. How'd it go?"

"I'm fine. Just like I said."

"Someone's sassy today," Anna teased a bit.

"I get told that often."

"Well you are a sassy person."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I told her sarcastically and flipped my imaginary hair behind my shoulder."

"Oh, yeah. You have no idea." I just smiled and we walked the rest of the way to the car.

The ride home was fairly quiet, when we got home I wet up stairs to find my phone. It took me about 10 minutes, but I finally found it in the night stand drawer. I had just plugged it when there was a knock on the door. "Yeah?"

The door opened and Julie walked in. "Hey Aiden. Do you have a few minutes? I need to talk to you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193 38 19
(This is my second time ever writing a book description, so please just bear with me on this one) A boy, abused by his father and suffering from a se...
1.1K 114 16
Hendrik hasn't always had an easy life. After his mother passed away he was traumatized. He and his father are both gay and support each other, but w...
312 9 7
his first day at new school didn't go as well as mark planned. He's had many problem in the past, due to his sexuality. He thought they would accept...
13K 552 46
Aiden hasn't really been the popular girl or the one loved right she is beaten when she's home and bullied when she's at school. Her brother tries to...