Love & Investigation

By _daisy_vibes_

meet Emily Skye willows and her 4 older brothers Jason mark willows 18 Daniel (danny) Craig willows 17 Shane... More

meet the family
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Not new chapt.
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Authors Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 40

1.2K 34 1
By _daisy_vibes_

*Jason's POV*

We started walking to this little forest in the very back of our neighborhood. We went to this small wooden bridge that was entangled with vines.

"So you wanna tell me the real reason why you didn't go to the cafe?" I asked Emily who still seemed a bit off

"I already told you why. Anyway what was all that yelling about?"

I know she is hiding something, but I'll let her tell me on her own time.

"It really isn't that important. Just stupid stuff, don't worry" i said

"Oh, now who isn't telling the whole story?" She said pushing me playfully

"So you admit you are hiding something?" I said smirking

"No, but you are"

"You know what?" I said

"What?"

"Let's not talk about anything stressful. Let's just leave that at home."

"Okay" she smiled

"Remember that big tree we used to climb up when we were younger?"

"Yeah!" She said excitedly

"What's say we go back to being kids again and go climb up that big ole thing?" Her eyes lit up

"But wait what about my hand?" She said a bit saddened

"I'll help you"

She nodded and we made our way to the tree.

We smiled at each other as soon as we stood in front of it.

We ran towards it and we started climbing

I would help Emily when she couldn't get up cause of her hand.

We laughed and kept climbing until we reached the top. We sat next to each other on a large branch and just looked out at the rest of the trees.

For a moment everything that I had been stressing about disappeared.

It felt like my heart was finally able to get out from under all of that weight.

I felt like I could fly

*Emily POV*

Being up this high felt amazing. I could breathe and I felt happy.

I wanted to stay here forever!

About 10 minutes passed and we had just been siting there. Finally Jason said

"We should be getting back."

"Yeah"

He helped me climb down the tree and then we made our way back to the house.

When we got there everyone was just as we had left them.

Caleb, Shane and Danny were all sitting there watching tv

"Wait, Emily i thought you were with Kyle" Caleb said

"No, he said it was really busy and we wouldn't be able to hang out" I said sheepishly sitting down next to Shane.

I mean I couldn't very well tell them the real reason.

That I couldn't go because -

"Okay listen up guys" Jason said standing in front of us.

"Social services is sending one of their people to come and take a look around and ask some questions tomorrow morning at 8. They got an anonymous tip that there was something bad going on here. My guess is that 'anonymous tipper' is someone we all know and hate. So tomorrow everyone needs to be up by 7:30 with rooms clean. So tonight let's start tidying up so tomorrow we have less work."

We all agreed and headed off to do our own thing.

When i went up to my room i started cleaning and thinking.

About everything.

I don't know if I want to keep investigating my boyfriend, but with this new information I might just have too.

If I'm correct not only did he bankrupt his parents' first cafe in NC but a small children's clinic got bankrupt and forced to close as well.

And even though they could be completely unrelated, the two 'companies' did do business together.

Maybe Kyle stole the money from his parents cafe and unknowingly was stealing from the clinic as well.

Or worse

He knowingly stole it.

Maybe his parents got on to him and that's why he went to live with his grandma.

I mean I did hear him and that banker guy whatever say that his parents were suspicious.

I began to type all of this new information on my computer and put it in my investigation file.

I also wrote some other theories in my notebook. A long with a few websites I need to check Out.

I put all of that aside and went back to cleaning up.

As the night approached we had pretty much finished cleaning everything.

I walked downstairs and started cleaning the kitchen when I got a call from Kyle

I hesitated to answer, and I remembered I never told him that I wouldn't be coming.

I picked up the phone and tried to sound as normal as possible.

"Hey"
...

"Yeah I know, it's just we got held up here. We have a really important person coming tomorrow and we just needed to get everything ready. I'm sorry for not calling or texting"

...

"No no don't worry about it."

...

"I'll see you at school Monday okay?"

...

"Bye"

Ughh when I talk to him or am with him I want to just forget everything I know about him.

Whatever I guess I just have to finish cleaning

*Caleb POV*

As I finished my room  I went down stairs when I saw Emily. She was cleaning the counter.

I figured this was a perfect chance to scare her, but she then got a call

I heard the whole conversation and was immediately confused.

She told us she didn't go to the Cafe cause Kyle told her not to, but by the sounds of that conversation she was the one that decided not to go, and didn't tell him about it.

I gotta find out what's up.

I went into her bedroom and started looking around.

I tried to find something, anything about Kyle.

I know she is investigating something.

Maybe he has something to do with it.

I looked and looked until finally I just went to her lap top

There was a password.

So I tried everything I could think of

Her birthday
My birthday
Our first dog Coppers name
The day she and Kyle started talking
And then it hit me.
The password was the day of the crash.

I typed it in slowly and IT WORKED!

I looked around the desktop and found a few files.

One said

"Main investigation"
But I'm not that stupid and neither is she. That's a decoy

Then one said

"IOK"

That had to stand for something.

I clicked the file and a bunch of pictures and entries filled the screen.

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was pictures of Kyle. Some of him and a sketchy guy.

I decided to read a few of the entries.

I couldn't believe it.

This couldn't be right.

This has to be some mistake.

My sister is dating a criminal?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 563 22
Its been eight months since it all happened. Eight long months. Eight months filled with secrets and reveals, Jasmine and Liam are high school gradua...
50.3K 1.4K 27
Started: November 24th, 2019 Finished: January 14th, 2020 ****** Meet Amanda Jones is your typical 16 year old girl, with strawberry blonde hair and...
60.7K 2.2K 36
Rory Myers is about to start junior year as a new kid. She's sixteen and... she's a triplet. Her brothers Dean and Logan won't make things easy for h...
131 23 62
-Quinn is a 17 year old introverted girl who wants to be loved, raised in a toxic household with only support of her brothers. -She felt as if she w...