Cursed|| Harry Potter [1]

By NutellaEmpress

Lyra Malfoy is Draco's Twin Sister. It tradition for The Malfoys to go in Slytherin. What will happen if she... More

Prologue
New Books and Update
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
New Book
Chapter 10
Title Change
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Cover
New Book
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
New Username
New Book
New Book
New Book
New Book + Sequeal coming out soon
Sequel is out!
New Book
Cover Shop
Trailer Out!
New Book
Wattpad Instagram
Love Interest Second Poll

Chapter 8

4.6K 97 64
By NutellaEmpress

As they entered November, the weather turned very cold. The mountains around the school became icy grey and the lake like chilled steel. Every morning the ground was covered in frost. Hagrid could be seen from the upstairs windows defrosting broomsticks on the Quidditch field, bundled up in a long moleskin overcoat, rabbit fur gloves, and enormous beaverskin boots.

The Quidditch season had begun. On Saturday, Harry and Lyra would be playing in their first match after weeks of training: Gryffindor versus Slytherin. If Gryffindor won, they would move up into second place in the house championship.

Hardly anyone had seen them play because Wood had decided that, as their secret weapons, they should be kept, well, secret. But the news that Harry was playing Seeker and Lyra was playing Chaser had leaked out somehow, Lyra was really enjoying the attention but at the same time, she didn't want to disappoint anybody. Yeah she had a really good throw but during a game not only were buglers going to come after her but she and Harry had a lot of pressure on their shoulders.

Hermione wanted to ease their minds and gave them both two copies of 'Quidditch through the ages' Lyra didn't bother reading but Harry found it a very interesting read.

Hermione had become a bit more relaxed about breaking rules since the mountain troll incident, and she was much nicer to Ron and Harry.

______________________________________

The day before the first Quidditch match the four of them were out in the freezing courtyard during break, and she had conjured them up a bright blue fire that could be carried around in a jam jar. They were standing with their backs to it, getting warm, when Snape crossed the yard. Snape was limping. Harry Ron, Lyra and Hermione moved closer together to block the fire from view; they were sure it wouldn't be allowed.

Unfortunately, something about their guilty faces caught Snape's eye. He limped over. He hadn't seen the fire, but he seemed to be looking for a reason to tell them off anyway.

"What's that you've got there, Potter?" He hissed.

It was 'Quidditch Through the Ages.' Harry showed him.

"Library books are not to be taken outside the school, give it to me. Five points from Gryffindor." He took the book.

"He's just made that rule up," Harry muttered angrily as Snape limped away.

"He makes everything up. Wonder what's wrong with his leg?" Lyra questioned.

"Dunno, but I hope it's really hurting him," Ron said bitterly.

______________________________________

The Gryffindor common room was very noisy that evening. Harry, Ron, Lyra and Hermione sat together next to a window. Hermione was checking Lyra's, Harry's and Ron's Charms homework for them. She would never let them copy 'How will you learn?' She always told them. But by asking her to read it through, they got the right answers anyway.

Harry seemed restless to Lyra just when she was about to ask what wrong with him He got up, he told them he was going to ask Snape if he could have 'Quidditch Through the Ages' back.

"I'll come with." Lyra stood up.

She didn't trust Snape. He really didn't like Harry so if Snape didn't give it back Lyra would be there to defend him. Lyra would give her copy of the book that Hermione gave but Lyra already gave it back to the library and she was pretty sure that another student would have taken it by now because the majority was crazy about Quidditch at Hogwarts. That was a fact.

Ron and Hermione just shrugged telling them to go.

"Where would Snape be?" Lyra asked.

"Staffroom, he can't say no to in front of teachers," Harry told her.

Lyra chuckled.
______________________________________

They made their way down to the staffroom and Harry knocked. There was no answer. he knocked again. Nothing.

"Maybe Snape had left the book in there?" Lyra questioned

Harry shrugged and they pushed the door ajar and peered inside...and a horrible scene met their eyes.

Snape and Filch were inside, alone. Snape was holding his robes above his knees. One of his legs was bloody and mangled. Filch was handing Snape bandages.

'Blasted thing, how are you supposed to keep your eyes on all three heads at once?" Snape hissed.

Why is Snape interested in the dog... Lyra thought.

Harry and Lyra shared a horrified glance.

Harry tried to shut the door quietly, but...

"POTTER! MALFOY!" Snape's face was twisted with fury as he dropped his robes quickly to hide his leg.

Harry gulped as Lyra's eyes widened.

'I just wondered if I could have my book back.' Harry told him.

"GET OUT! OUT!" He yelled.

Harry and Lyra left before Snape could take any more points from Gryffindor. They sprinted back upstairs.

"Did you get it?" Ron asked as they joined him and Hermione.

After seeing that they were breathless Ron questioned...

"What's the matter?"

In a low whisper, Harry and Lyra told them what they saw.

"You know what this means? He tried to get past that three-headed dog at Halloween! That's where he was going when we saw him. He's after whatever it's guarding! And I'd bet my broomstick he let that troll in, to make a diversion!" Harry said breathlessly in the end.

Hermione's eyes were wide.

"No...he wouldn't, I know he's not very nice, but he wouldn't try and steal something Dumbledore was keeping safe," Hermione argued.

Lyra rolled her eyes.

"Honestly, Granger, you think all teachers are saints or something. We saw what we saw and we heard what we heard." Lyra snapped.

"I'm with them I wouldn't put anything past Snape. But what's he after? What's that dog guarding?" Ron asked.

Lyra went to bed thinking the same thing...

______________________________________

The next morning dawned very bright and cold. The Great Hall was full of the delicious smell of fried sausages and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forward to a good Quidditch match.

Lyra was stuffing herself with food as she knew she needed it to perform well. But Harry was too nervous to eat anything at all.

"You've got to eat some breakfast," Ron told him.

"I don't want anything." Harry shook his head.

"Just a bit of toast." Suggested Hermione.

"I'm not hungry." Harry shook his head.

"Potter, I know you're nervous. I am too. But if you don't eat anything your gonna faint during the match." Lyra told him.

"I'm fine!" Harry argued.

Lyra rolled eyes and stuffed sausage in his mouth. Harry was about to spit it out but Lyra glared at him.

"Eat. It." Lyra hissed.

Harry ate the sausage scared of Lyra. Once he was done Lyra smiled innocently.

"Harry, you need your strength, seekers are always the ones who get clobbered by the other team," Seamus told him.

"Thanks, Seamus," Harry said watching Seamus pile ketchup on his sausages.

"How is that suppose to help him, Finnigan." Lyra gave him an annoyed look.

______________________________________

Eleven O'clock in the Locker Room

Lyra and the rest of the team were changing into their scarlet Quidditch robes Slytherin would be playing in green.

Wood cleared his throat for silence.

"Okay, men," he said.

"And women." Chaser Angelina Johnson pointed to herself, Lyra and Katie.

"And women. This is it." Wood told them.

"The big one." Said Fred Weasley.

"The one we've all been waiting for." Said, George.

"We know Oliver's speech by heart we were on the team last year," Fred told Lyra and Harry.

"Shut up, you two. This is the best team Gryffindor's had in years. We're going to win. I know it." He then glared at them all as if to say, 'Or else.'

"Right. It's time. Good luck, all of you." He smiled innocently after a moment.

As Lyra entered the field and saw Ron and Hermione at the standing with Seamus, Dean and Neville.

She saw that Ron and Hermione were holding banners that said 'Malfoy for the win.' and 'Potter for president' a little lion drawn at the bottom of each of them.

Lyra laughed at the fact how cheesy her friends were.

Madam Hooch was refereeing. She stood in the middle of the field waiting for the two teams, her broom in her hand.

"Now, I want a nice fair game, all of you, " she said, once they were all gathered around her. Lyra noticed that she seemed to be speaking particularly to the Slytherin Captain, Marcus Flint, a sixth year.

Lyra knew Flint from social gatherings. He was never kind to her nor was he rude. Truth be told during social gatherings he acted as if children such as Lyra and Draco didn't exist. His family wasn't even that close to the Malfoy's to know her secret.

"Mount your brooms, please." Madam Hooch instructed.

Lyra clambered onto her Nimbus Two Thousand.

Madam Hooch gave a loud blast on her silver whistle.

Fifteen brooms rose up, high, high into the air. They were off. Lyra immediately took the Quaffle.

"And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Lyra Malfoy of Gryffindor first-ever first-year Chaser she is!"

The Weasley twins' friend, Lee Jordan, was doing the commentary for the match, closely watched by Professor McGonagall.

Lyra immediately attacked by a bulger and she barely douged it.

"And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Angelina Johson, an excellent Chaser she is, rather attractive too." Lee began complimenting her.

Bulgers started to come after Angelina and she douged them.

"JORDON!" Professor McGonagall yelled.

"Sorry Professor."

Angelina passed the Quaffle back to Lyra

"And back to Malfoy-"

Lyra was about to score when Marcus Flint came out of nowhere and took the Quaffle and began flying to his goal.

"...and-no, the Slytherins have taken the Quaffle, Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint flying like an eagle up there- he's going to sc -"

Oliver blocked it.

"No, stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor Keeper Wood."

Katie Bell, the third Chaser then took the Quaffle.

"...and the Gryffindors take the Quaffle -- that's Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice dive around Flint, off up the field and-"

Katie was then hit by a bulger at the back of her head and Lyra winced. While she was in pain Adrian Pucey took the Quaffle and flew across the field to make a score.

"OUCH! That must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a Bludger. Quaffle is taken by the Slytherins that's Adrian Pucey speeding off toward the goal posts, but he's blocked by a second Bludger sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can't tell which nice play by the Gryffindor Beater, anyway."

Lyra went after and managed to get the Quaffle and flew across the field as Bulgers came after her.

"Malfoy back in possession of the Quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes...she's really flying... dodges a speeding Bludger... the goal posts are ahead...come on, now, Lyra. Keeper Bletchley dives... misses... GRYFFINDORS SCORE!"Lee exclaimed.

Lyra smiled she was able to make the first goal for Gryffindor.

"Nice job Lyra." Angelina high fived her.

Gryffindor cheers filled the cold air, with howls and moans from the Slytherins.
______________________________________

In the stands

"Budge up there, move along." Hagrid was coming.

"Hagrid!" Ron and Hermione smiled.

Ron and Hermione squeezed together to give Hagrid enough space to join them.

"Bin watchin' from me hut, " said Hagrid, patting a large pair of binoculars around his neck.

"But it isn't the same as bein' in the crowd. No sign of the Snitch yet, eh?"  Hagrid asked.

"Nope, Harry hasn't had much to do yet. But Lyra scored." Ron told him.

"That's good." Hagrid smiled raising his binoculars.
_____________________________________

In the field

Pucey managed to get the Quaffle Quake was flying across the field to score. Bluglers attacked him and Katie went after him.

"Slytherin in possession, Chaser Pucey ducks two Bludgers, two Weasleys, and Chaser Bell, and speeds toward the...wait a moment...was that the Snitch?"

A murmur ran through the crowd as Adrian Pucey dropped the Quaffle, too busy looking over his shoulder at the flash of gold that had passed his left ear.

Harry saw it. In a great rush of excitement, he dived downward after the streak of gold. Slytherin Seeker Terence Higgs had seen it, too. Neck and neck they hurtled toward the Snitch all the Chasers seemed to have forgotten what they were supposed to be doing as they hung in midair to watch.

Harry was faster than Higgs he could see the little round ball, wings fluttering, darting up ahead. He put on an extra spurt of speed...

WHAM! A roar of rage echoed from the Gryffindors below -- Marcus Flint had blocked Harry on purpose, and Harry's broom spun off course, Harry holding on for dear life.

"Foul!" screamed the Gryffindors.

Madam Hooch spoke angrily to Flint and then ordered a free shot at the goal posts for Gryffindor. But in all the confusion, of course, the Golden Snitch had disappeared from sight again.

______________________________________

Down in the stands, Dean Thomas was yelling, "Send him off, ref! Red card!"

What?... Lyra thought.

"Red card! In soccer, you get shown the red card and you're out of the game!" Dean yelled furiously and everybody in the field heard him.

What the heck is a red card?... Lyra thought.
______________________________________

Lee Jordan was finding it difficult not to take sides.

"So, after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating-"

"Jordan!" growled Professor McGonagall.

"I mean, after that open and revolting foul..."

"Jordan, I'm warning you-"

"All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure, so a penalty to Gryffindor, who puts it away, no trouble, and we continue to play, Gryffindor still in possession."

While Lyra was playing she saw that from the corner of her eye Harry's broom was out of control and she gasped.

She tried to go and tell Oliver but he wouldn't hear it and scolded her to go to her position.

Lee was still commentating.

"Slytherin in possession, Flint with the Quaffle... passes Spinnet...passes Bell...hit hard in the face by a Bludger, hope it broke his nose..only joking, Professor. Slytherins score... no..."

The Slytherins were cheering Lyra was shocked how no one seemed to have noticed that Harry's broom was behaving strangely. It was carrying him slowly higher, away from the game, jerking and twitching as it went.

Suddenly, people were pointing up at Harry all over the stands. His broom had started to roll over and over, with him only just managing to hold on. Then the whole crowd gasped. Harry's broom had given a wild jerk and Harry swung off it. He was now dangling from it, holding on with only one hand.

Lyra and the Weasleys flew up to try and pull Harry safely onto one of their brooms, but it was no good every time they got near him, the broom would jump higher still. They dropped lower and circled beneath him, obviously hoping to catch him if he fell. Marcus Flint seized the Quaffle and scored five times without anyone noticing.

Lyra was relieved that soon Harry was suddenly able to clamber back on to his broom.

Harry was speeding toward the ground when the crowd saw him clap his hand to his mouth as though he was about to be sick....he hit the field on all fours...coughed...and something gold fell into his hand.

"I've got the Snitch!" he shouted, waving it above his head, and the game ended in complete confusion.

______________________________________

The foursome and Hagrid were having tea in his hit.

"It was Snape, Hermione and I saw him. He was cursing your broomstick, muttering, he wouldn't take his eyes off you." Ron explained to Harry.

"Rubbish, Why would Snape do somethin' like that?" Hagrid asked.

The foursome looked at one another, wondering what to tell him. Harry decided on the truth.

"I found out something about him. He tried to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween. It bit him. We think he was trying to steal whatever it's guarding." Harry explained.

Hagrid dropped the teapot in shock.

"How do you know about Fluffy?" He asked.

"Fluffy?" Lyra chuckled.

"Yeah, he's mine bought him off a Greek chappie I met in the pub las' year I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..."  Hagrid began.

"Yes?"  Harry asked eagerly.

"Now, don't ask me anymore. That's top secret, that is." Hagrid said gruffly.

"But Snape's trying to steal it," Harry argued.

" Rubbish, Snape's a Hogwarts teacher, he'd do nothin' of the sort.x  Hagrid argued.

"He's Snape," Lyra argued.

"So why did he just try and kill Harry I know a jinx when I see one, Hagrid, I've read all about them! You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking at all, I saw him!" Hermione cried.

"I'm tellin' yeh, yer wrong! I don' know why Harry's broom acted like that, but Snape wouldn' try an' kill a student! Now, listen to me, all four of yeh- yer meddlin' in things that don' concern yeh. It's dangerous. You forget that dog, an' you forget what it's guardin', that's between Professor Dumbledore an' Nicolas Flamel-"  Hagrid began explaining hotly.

Lyra smirked.

"Aha! So there's someone called Nicolas Flamel involved, is there?"  Harry cut in.

He was about to tell us... Lyra facepalmed.

Hagrid looked furious with himself.
______________________________________
Sorry for any errors...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 1.5K 82
❝𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗯𝗲𝗹 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝗲?❞ ❝𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗵, 𝗶 𝗱𝗼❞ Cassiopeia Narcissa Malfoy, twin sister to Draco Lucius Malfoy, was born on the...
52K 1K 67
Maisie potter is the twin sister of harry potter. She is like her father with her mothers looks. Maisie likes to speak her mind and that's one of the...
22.9K 461 16
Magnolia is Harry Potters's twin sister. All they ever needed was each other. That was before Hogwarts. That was before Draco Malfoy. Things just...
1.3M 33.3K 41
𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟭 Kiara Malfoy, twin sister of Draco Malfoy, was a Malfoy but, unlike any other. From her birth, she was expected to follow the expectation...