The Trials and Tribulations o...

By babyblu96

Now that her and Lucas are together, the real struggle begins. More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thiry-Six

Chapter Fourteen

833 68 5
By babyblu96

So it was officially Saturday and I was glad because that meant I didn't have to work. Not only that but soon Lucas would be leaving in two days and I dreaded him leaving me alone with his mother. His mother has been driving me insane. Every day I wake up wanting to strangle her to death. She was constantly questioning my marriage to Lucas and it was starting to piss me off. She was worst then my mother and that's saying something. I wanted a connection his mother but I wasn't about to beg this woman to like me. I had enough going on to add her to my long list of problems.

I was in the kitchen cutting up some fruit when she walked in. I ignored her but I felt her looking at me. I looked up to the ceiling then back at her, "Can I help you with something?"

"You can divorce my son." She smiled at me like she already knew my answer.

"Well if you don't need anything then I will be in my room." I got my fruit and headed out of the kitchen. I wasn't in the mood to deal with her today. I wanted nothing to do with her.

"He doesn't love you." I stopped not looking at her. "He only married you because you were pregnant." I turned around with red in my eyes. If she kept going she was not going to make it till Lucas got home.

"He asked me to marry him before he found out I was pregnant."

"It still doesn't change the fact that he doesn't love you."

"Then explain why we are married or why I'm here."

"Simple. He feels sorry for you but soon that will pass and he will leave your ass." She smirked daring me to say or do anything. I could imagine myself jumping on top of her beating the life out of her. I don't know how I was going to survive when Lucas left me alone with her. I bit my lip trying to maintain my anger because if I didn't I was going to kill this bitch.

I left out of the kitchen mumbling to myself trying to keep myself from going back into that kitchen and kicking her ass out of my house. I was so wrapped up in myself that I bumped right into Lucas. I stopped and glared at him.

"What I do?"

"You brought that woman into my house." I continued to glare at him hoping to get some of my anger out on him. It wasn't working. He took my hand leading me into his office closing the door. "Do you love me Lucas?" he stopped walking turning to me confused and a little angry.

"What the hell kind of question is that Samaria?"

"Well I'm just asking because your mom believes that you don't love me at all and you just feel sorry for me and that's why we are married to this day." I watched his face quickly turn to fury. He was not liking my questioning. Honestly I didn't doubt his love but I just wanted to play with him. I needed to get my fun somewhere.

"That's bullshit. She has no right to be questioning my love for you or marriage to you." I calmly sat down in one of his chairs crossing my legs. I loved watching him stress out about this. It also let me know he was passionate about us. He then turned around softening as he looked at me. "Samaria I love you with all my heart."

"That's good to know. How did your phone conference go?"

"I still don't know what's happening. However, he did tell me he wanted me to meet him in Virginia where his main headquarters is."

"When?"

"In two days but I don't know if I'm going."

"Why wouldn't you go?"

"I don't want to leave you alone with my mother and I don't know if I want to continue to beg this man for a chance." I got up and went over to him to where he was leaning up against his desk. I stroked his cheek with my hand looking him in the eyes.

"I can handle your mom and if owning and building your on hotel is really your dream then you have to do what you have to do."

"Are you sure you can handle my mom? I thought you hated my mom?" I smiled.

"Yes, it is true I can't stand your mother but I will not let that stand in the way of you achieving your dream." He smiled and bent down kissing me. I deepened it making him moan. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer trying to get more. Suddenly he pulled away breathing hard.

"We should stop before we start something we both know you aren't ready to finish." I knew he was right but I didn't want him to be. I hadn't thought about having sex or if I could go through with it. I wanted to but I knew I probably couldn't. I was still healing and sex right now would just bring in a bunch of unwanted emotions. I wanted to be fully there for him when we had sex not just going through the emotions. I nodded backing off.

"I have a problem of my own anyway that needs solving."

"What's the problem?"

"Blair set up a job interview with this guy named Marco without my permission."

"Why would she do something like that?"

"She said that we needed another person working because there was only so much one person could do to run the shop."

"Maybe she's right." I put my glare back on with full force. I did not like his answer. He laughed pulling me back into him then facing me. "I'm just saying that maybe another set of hands would help, especially since she hasn't been there yourself."

"Well I'm there now."

"Tell me the truth, can you afford to hire the guy?" I looked at him wanting to say no but I knew I could if I wanted to.

"Yes."

"And is he qualified for job?"

"More than qualified." I looked down not liking where the conversation was going.

"Then hire the guy and stop being stubborn. You know it is the right thing to do."

"I'm still pissed at Blair." I crossed my arms over my chest. I was not just going to forget about what Blair did.

"Yes, what Blair did was wrong but her heart was in the right place. You know she would never do anything to hurt or betray you on purpose." Maybe he was right. Maybe I was over doing it a little.

"Fine. You win."

When I got done with Lucas I got dressed and went to my parents'. It was time I finally apologized to them for snapping at them. I had been stalling but now I had to woman up. The house was empty downstairs so I went upstairs to their bedroom. I found them as my mom was yelling at my dad like always.

"I see some things haven't changed." They looked up at me. I couldn't tell if they were mad or excited to see me.

"If it isn't miss temper herself," my mom said smiling. I knew by the way she said it she was just playing.

"Actually I came to apologize to you both for the way I acted the other night." I looked at my dad and I could tell he was not happy with me. I was in trouble. My mom looked at my dad then back at me.

"I'm going to let your dad handle this one considering we have already made up." She patted my shoulder then walked out leaving just my dad and me. I was now getting nervous about what was about to happen.

"Sit down," he said patting the bed close to him. I sat down trying not to look at him. I looked down at my hands suddenly becoming for interested in them. I knew eventually he would call me on this but I didn't care. "Usually I don't get involved in your or your brother and sister's personal affairs but recently things have gotten out of control."

"I know."

"No, you don't know. You don't know what it feels like to find out that your first daughter, your first born secretly got married and then not only that she got pregnant and lost the baby. I don't know when our relationship became full of secrets and lies."

"Honestly when I found out I was pregnant I didn't want to tell you because I thought you guys would be disappointed in me. I had already got married without telling you guys and then I had a miscarriage and I didn't see the point. I wanted to tell you guys but I had just lost everything." I finally looked at him and his eyes softened. He grabbed me pulling me down to him wrapping his arms around me tight like he used to do when I was little.

"I know my days are numbered and the only thing I ask is for you to keep me in your life no matter what happens because soon I won't be here for anything." That statement hurt me to my core. The thought of losing my dad hurt. I held him tighter trying to keep reality far away as long as I could. Not my dad. Don't take my dad too. "I love you Samaria with all my heart."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 95 41
Love is hard. It's unfair, difficult and confusing. That's what Y/n realized too. New school year, new guys in class, new friends and new enemies. A...
1.1K 80 18
"The little spark left in her erupted into such a large flame, it boiled her blood and made the thought of this sand-colored haired person impossible...
146 8 4
As tragedy strikes Anna's family, she finds love.
1.4K 55 31
A very complicated love of two characters towards each other, one lost it, that one recovered it but the partner lost it as well. Who knows if they w...