The Second Potter (A Harry Po...

By lucymaek

Imagine Harry Potter had a sister. This would be Lucy Potter. Now before you go and think this is like any of... More

The Second Potter (A Harry Potter Fanfic)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Sorry!!!!

Chapter 16

764 11 2
By lucymaek

I don’t think I would ever figure out how we all got through exams with everything happening. Especially with Harry constantly on edge thinking that Voldemort would come and knock down the door anytime. Hermione and I kept trying to convince Harry that with Dumbledore there Harry could not be harmed.

For the final exams we were all placed in a boiling hot room and were all given special quills with anti-cheating charms on them. We also had the practical exams, where Professor Flitwick made us charm a pineapple to tap dance across his desk, Professor McGonagall mad us turn a mouse into a snuffbox and points were given depending on how pretty the snuffbox was and points were lost if it still had whiskers. I did both exams perfectly in my opinion. Professor Snape’s exam for us was to brew a forgetfulness potion. I made it perfectly, which made Snape look at me thoughtfully as I turned around and walked through the door.

Harry was having more nightmares; except now they included a hooded figure dripping blood which I thought was particularly creepy. Harry’s scare was also hurting even more now, which I thought would make him have troubles on the test and insisted he go to Dumbledore and ask him what was happening, but he refused. Lastly, we had the History of Magic exams. After the hour was finished and Professor Binns and we put down our parchment and quills, I cheered along with the rest of my classmates.

“Well, that was easier than I thought it was going to be.” I said to Harry and Ron as we flooded with the crowd onto the sunny grounds. “Yes, I needn’t have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager.” Hermione said joining us. Hermione always liked to review the questions after exams, but Ron said it made him sick so we walked over and flopped down near a tree. I chuckled and pointed out to Ron how his brothers were tickling the tentacles of the giant squid with their best friend Lee.

He smiled at me and said “Ah, no more studying,” “you could look more cheerful Harry, we’ve got a week before we find out how badly we’ve done, there’s’ no need to worry yet.” Ron said.

Harry rubbed his scar and said wincing “ugh! I wish I knew what this means!” “My scar keeps hurting. It’s happened before, but never as bad as this.” 

“Just go to Madam Pomfrey!” Hermione suggested.

“No, I’m not ill; I think it’s a warning that dangers coming.” Harry said.

“Harry, relax, Hermione’s right, the stone’s safe as long as Dubledore’s around. Anyways, we’ve never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once; he’s not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down.” Ron said exasperatedly. Harry, Hermione and I all agreed on Ron’s theory, but Harry still had a feeling that there was something really important he had forgotten to do. “That’s just the exams talking. I woke up last night and was halfway through my Transfiguration notes when Lucy told me we had already done that one.” Hermione said when Harry tried to tell us this.

Harry looked like he was deep in thought and suddenly jumped up. “Harry, what’s wrong?” I asked.

“We’ve got to go and see Hagrid, now. I just thought of something.” Harry said.

“Why?” Hermione and I said at the same time while we were running down the path trying to keep up with Harry who looked like he was on a mission.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit odd, that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger turns up that just happens to have a dragon egg in his pocket? How many people just wander around with dragon eggs if it’s against wizard law? Lucky they found Hagrid, don’t you think? Why didn’t I see it before?”  Harry rambled.

“What in the world are you talking about Harry?” I asked. Harry didn’t answer.

Hagrid was sitting outside his house shelling peas into a giant pot. “Hello! Finished your exams? Do you guys want something to drink?”

“Yes ple—” Ron started but Harry cut him off. “No, we’re in a hurry. Hagrid, I’ve got to ask you something. You know that night when you won Norbert? What did the stranger you were playing cards with look like?”

“Don’t know. He wouldn’t take his cloak off.” Hagrid said casually. He raised his eyebrows when he saw our faces. “It’s not that unusual you know. You get a lot of funny people in the Hog’s Head—that’s one of the pubs down in Hogsmade. It could have been a dragon dealer maybe. I never saw his face, he kept his hood up the whole time.

“What did you talk to him about Hagrid? Did you mention Hogwarts at all?” I asked as Harry sat down next to the pot of peas. “It might have come up…” Hagrid said, frowning in concentration. “Yeah, he asked me what I did and I told him I was gamekeeper here… He asked a bit about what kind of creatures I look after… So I told him… and I said what I’d always wanted was a dragon… and then… I can’t remember because he kept buying me drinks… then he said he had the dragon egg and we could play cards for it if I wanted… but he had to be sure I could handle it, he didn’t want it to go to any old home. So I told him that after Fluffy a dragon would be easy.”

“And did he seem interested in Fluffy?” Harry asked trying to stay calm.

“Well, yeah, how many three headed dogs do you meet, even around Hogwarts? So I told him Fluffy’s a piece of cake if you know how to calm him down, just play him a bit of music and he’ll go straight to sleep—” Hagrid looked horrified. “I shouldn’t have told you that! Forget I said it! Hey—where are you going?”

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I were already running off through the grounds back to the castle. We didn’t speak to each other until we were in the entrance hall which seemed very cold and gloomy after being out in the nice warm grounds. “We’ve got to tell Dumbledore. Hagrid told that stranger how to get past Fluffy and it was either Snape or Voldemort under that cloak, it must have been easy, once he got Hagrid drunk,” Harry said. “I just hope he believes us. Firenze might help back us up if Bane doesn’t stop him. Where’s Dumbledore’s office anyways?” Harry continued. We looked around for a bit as if there would be a sign pointing to Dumbledore’s office. None of us had ever been or known someone who had gone so we were stuck. “What are you three doing inside?” McGonagall said.

“We want to see professor Dumbledore.” Hermione said rather bravely. “See professor Dumbledore? Why?” Professor McGonagall asked. “It’s sort of a secret.” Harry said, but as he said it I knew it wasn’t the right thing to say.

“Professor Dumbledore left ten minutes ago. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry and flew off for London at once.” Professor McGonagall said coldly.

“He’s gone, now?” Harry said frantically. “Professor Dumbledore is a very great wizard, Potter. He has many demands at this time—” The professor said but was cut off by a very frantic Harry. “Yes, but this is important”

“Something you have to say is more important than the Ministry of Magic, Potter?”

“Look, Professor—It’s about the Sorcerer’s Stone.” Harry said very unexpectedly. She dropped all the books she had been carrying on the ground and didn’t pick them up. I bent down and picked them up for her as she said “How-- how do you know?”

“Professor, I think-- I know-- that Sn—that someone’s going to try to steal the stone. I’ve got to talk to professor Dumbledore.” Harry told her determinedly.

“Look, I don’t know how you found out about the Stone, but rest assured no one can possibly steal it, it’s too well protected.”

“But, professor…” Harry started.

“Potter, I know what I’m talking about. I suggest you all go outside and enjoy the sunshine.” Professor McGonagall said shortly.

We didn’t go outside like McGonagall told us to. Right when Harry was sure that she was out of earshot, he said “It’s tonight. Snape’s going through the trap door tonight. He’s found out everything that he needs and now that he’s got Dumbledore out of the way… You know he probably sent that note too, I bet the Ministry of Magic will get a real shock when he turns up.” Harry said. Hermione and I, who were standing across from the boys gasped. Snape was standing right there. “Good afternoon.” He said smoothly.

“You want to be more careful, hanging around like this. People will think you’re up to something.” Snape said, an odd smile on his face. “Plus, Gryffindor can’t afford to lose any more points can it?” He said. Harry flushed. We turned to leave but Snape called to us. “Be warned Potter, any more night time wanderings and I will personally make sure you are expelled. Good day to you.” He turned and swiftly walked in the other direction towards the staff room.

“Right, here’s what we have got to do. One of us has to keep an eye on Snape, wait outside the staffroom and follow him if he leaves it. Hermione that better be you.”

“Why me?” Hermione said, offended.

“It’s obvious. You can pretend to be waiting for professor Flitwick, you know. He put on a high pitched girly voice and said “Oh Professor Flitwick, I’m so worried; I think I got question fourteen b wrong…”

“Oh, shut up.” Hermione said but she agreed to watch for professor Snape. I told her I would wait for her to keep her company and off the boys went.

We were waiting to see if Snape would come out and he did, right after the boys left.

“Looking for something, ladies?” Professor Snape said smoothly.

“Oh yes, we were looking for Professor Flitwick, we wanted to ask him a question about our charms homework.” I lied. “I will go get him.” Snape said abruptly and we looked at each other, our eyes going wide. As soon as he went back in the staff room Hermione and I booked it to the common room.

“Oh Harry, we’re so sorry!” Hermione wailed. “Snape came out and asked us what we were doing, so we said we were looking for professor Flitwick, like you said, and so he went to get him. So, we booked it and ran for the common room.” I told Harry.

“Well, that’s it then, isn’t it?” Harry said. We looked at him cluelesly.

“I’m going out of here tonight and I’m going to try to get to the Stone first.” Harry said, his face pale and his eyes glistening.

“You’re mad!” Ron said.

“You can’t! After what McGonagall and Snape said? You’ll be expelled!” Hermione said.

“Yeah, bro, I will go with you on most things but you are basically risking your life on this one object that all of the teachers say is totally protected.” I told him.

“Don’t you understand? If Snape gets ahold of the Stone, Voldemort’s coming back! Haven’t you heard what it was like when he was trying to take over? There won’t be any Hogwarts to get expelled from! He’ll flatten it, or turn it into a school for the Dark Arts! Losing points doesn’t matter anymore, can’t you see? D’you think he’ll leave you and your families alone if Gryffindor wins the House Cup? If I get caught before I can get to the Stone, well, I’ll have to go back to the Dursleys and wait for Voldemort to find me there, it’s only dying a bit later than I would have, because I’m never going over to the Dark Side! I’m going through the trap door tonight and nothing you three do can stop me.” Harry shouted. He turned to me. “He killed our parents remember?”

“You’re right.” I said in a small voice, looking at the ground.

“I’ll use the invisibility cloak. I’m lucky I got it back” Harry said.

“But will it fit all four of us?” Ron said.

“All—all four of us?” Harry asked.

“Oh come off it, Harry!” Ron groaned.

“Yeah you don’t think we’d let you go alone?” I asked.

“How do you think you’d get to the Stone without us?” Hermione asked. “Ooh, I better go look through my books before we leave.” She muttered to herself.

“But they’ll throw you all out if we get caught!” Harry said.

“Not if I can help it. Flitwick told me in secret that I got 112% on his exams, they’re not throwing me out after that.” Hermione replied.

After dinner the four of us sat apart from the rest of the Gryffindors. Nobody bothered us though because Harry was still being shunned. Harry and I were sitting together on a couch and Ron and Hermione were on the floor, Hermione skimming through her notes. We weren’t talking much but Harry leaned over to me and said, “Lucy, I don’t want you to come with me. It’s too risky.”

 I frowned and said “Harry, I thought we were in this together?”

“I just don’t want you getting hurt. You’re the only family I have and plus you are my sissy, I couldn’t bear if you died for me, I just couldn’t.” Harry told me giving me a big brotherly hug. I told him tears threatening to spill out of my green eyes and onto my pale face. “Okay, promise me you’ll stay out of trouble and please come back!” He pushed a strand of my red hair out of my eyes and said “I’ll try.” Harry and I sat with my head on his shoulder and his on my head until at last Lee Jordan left the common room.

“Better get the cloak.” Ron said and Harry ran up to the dormitories to get the cloak. He came back down with the wooden flute that Hagrid got him for Christmas. I guess he didn’t feel like singing today.”

“You guys better put the cloak on here to make sure it fits… If Filch sees three pairs of feet walking around on their own…” I said. “What are you guys doing?” A small voice said from the corner. Out popped Neville clutching Trevor. It looked like he had been trying to hop to freedom again.

“Nothing, Neville, we aren’t doing anything.” Harry said.

Neville looked at all our faces and said “Yeah, you guys are going out again.”

“No, no we are not. Neville, why don’t you just go to bed?”

“You guys can’t go out again. You’ll get caught, and then Gryffindor will be in even more trouble.” Neville said.

“You don’t understand this is important.” Harry tried to tell him. During this whole spectacle I just sat there and worried what Neville will try to do.

“You can’t go. I’ll, I’ll fight you!” Neville proclaimed and stood in front of the portrait hole, holding his little fists up.

“Neville, get away from the portrait hole and stop being an idiot!” Ron exploded, rolling his eyes.

“Don’t call me an idiot! You guys shouldn’t be breaking any rules. And anyways weren’t you guys the ones who told me to stand up to people?” Neville said, his fists still up in the air, moving them as if he were about to tussle.

“Yeah, but not to us!” Ron said in exasperation. “Neville, you don’t know what you are doing.” He took a step towards Neville and the poor kid dropped his toad. I was going to pick it up as it hopped past me but I don’t really do slimy things. I zoned back into the conversation where Harry was whispering to Hermione, Ron and Neville looked like they were about to fight and—Oh dear. “Petrificus Totalus!” Hermione cried. Neville’s arms and legs snapped together and he fell smack on his face like a board. “What have you done to him?!” I cried, rushing over to him. Hermione ran over also, but she had tears in her eyes. “The full body-bind curse! Oh, Neville I’m so sorry, I had to!”

“Yeah, we’ll try to explain later!” Harry said as they threw the invisibility cloak on all three of them and crept out the door. I looked at the door sadly before quietly saying the charm to release Neville from his whole body bind.

He sat up breathing heavily and asked me. “Why didn’t you go?” 

I sighed and answered “Harry didn’t want me to go. He thinks it’s too dangerous what they are about to do and didn’t want to lose his only family.”

“Why did he let Ron and Hermione go?” Neville said, rubbing the side of his face where he fell.

“Well, they just kinda told him that they weren’t gonna let him go by himself and so he let them.” I answered.

“So, you’re not going to tell me what they are going to do?” He asked me.

“Nope, it’s not really my place to tell.” I said, getting up and walking back up the stairs. I paused and said “Oh and Neville, they know what they are doing and have an invisibility cloak. Please don’t try and go after them? I believe in my brother and best friends. You should too.” I walked back up the stairs and into the dorms where Lavender and the girls were already sleeping.

 “Oh no!” I said at breakfast the next morning. I ran straight down to the Hospital wing when Hermione and Ron had told me everything that had gone down the last night. “Harry! Harry!” I ran over to his bed and started sobbing as I collapsed onto Harry, who winced. I felt a gentle hand pull me off of Harry and I looked up to see it was Dumbledore. He pulled me down into a chair and I smiled at him. I held Harrys hand as we quietly just sat there, not saying a word.

“Just five minutes, please!” Harry pleaded.

“No, you need rest!”

“But you did let professor Dumbledore in!” Harry said.

“Yes, that was the Headmaster, this is quite different.”  Madam Pomfrey said.

“But he is resting!” I piped up.

“Oh fine, but five minutes only!” She said, and finally let Hermione and Ron in. I got in automatically because I was family but you know how it goes…

“Harry!” Hermione said, ready to fling her arms around Harry.

“Oh, Harry we were so worried, we were sure you were going to—Dumbledore was so worried.” Hermione cried.

“Yeah mate, the whole school’s talking about it. What really happened?” Ron asked.

Harry told us all that happened in the underground room. (I had not heard this yet) We gasped in all the right places and when Harry told us what was under Quirrell’s turban, Hermione and I screamed. Harry told us about everything, Quirrel, the Stone, the Mirror, and Voldemort.

“So, the stones just gone? Flamel’s going to die?” Ron asked.

“Yeah, that’s what I asked, but Dumbeldore said ‘to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” Harry said, quoting the old man.

“So, what happened to you two?” Harry asked.

“Well, I got back all right, I brought Ron, that took a while, but then when we were going up to the owlrey to contact Dumbledore, we met him in the entrance hall. He already knew, he said, ‘Harry’s gone after him, hasn’t he?’ and ran off to the third floor.” Hermione explained.

“Do you think he meant you to do it? Sending you your father’s cloak and everything?” Ron asked.

“Well, if he did, that was terrible, you could have been killed!” Hermione exploded.

“Hermione, Dumbledore is a funny man. I bet he had his reasons.” After Harry explained to us how he thought Dumbledore just wanted to give him a chance, Ron proclaimed “I knew he was off his rocker!”

“Hey, Harry, you need to come to the end of the year feast. We were steamrolled by Ravenclaw without you, but you can still come, at least there will be good food!” Ron said. As he said this Madam Pomfrey came over. “Okay, you’ve had nearly fifteen minutes!” She exclaimed. “Even you Lucy!” She said when I smirked at Ron and Hermione. I sighed and gave Harry a squeeze. I walked out with the pair and we walked to our dorms. “I’m gonna miss this place.” I said sadly to myself.

                The next day at the end of the year feast Ron and Hermione walked down together because Harry hadn’t been let out yet. I linked arms with them and we skipped happily to the feast, even though Slytherin had won. The hall was all decked out in green and Slytherin when we walked in. It was in celebration of Slytherin winning for the seventh year in a row.

When Harry walked in the Hall later, it fell to a sudden hush. Then everybody just started talking really loudly. Harry came and sat down in between Ron and me and tried to ignore the fact that everyone was standing up to look at him. I just glared at everyone who was looking at my brother and waited for Dumbledore to come up and speak. Luckily he came and all of the talking and staring died away.

“Another year gone!” Dumbledore said cheerfully. “And I must trouble you with an old man’s wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it’s been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were… you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts…Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with 312 points; in third, Hufflepuff with 352; Ravenclaw has 426; and Slytherin has 472 points.” I groaned as a loud burst of cheering came from Slytherin. Malfoy was banging his goblet on the table.

“Yes, well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account.” I sat up a little straighter after that.

“I have a few last minute points to hand out. Let me see… Yes… First, to Mr. Ronald Weasley,” Ron’s face went as red as a radish at that. I patted him on the back and chuckled. “For the best –played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years, I award Gryffindor house 50 points.” All of us Gryffindors roared with cheers so loud the stars seemed to tremble.

“Next, to Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor house 50 points.” I shouted “too much swag to handle!” and Hermione buried her face in her arms. “Third, To Mr. Harry Potter… for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor 60 points.” I stood up and pointed to Harry. “That’s my brother!” I giggled as Harry pulled me down. The cheers coming from the Gryffindor were louder than ever. For those of us who could count, we now had 472, the exact same amount as Slytherin.

Dumbledore raised his hand to speak again and the room got quiet instantly. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom. I also award 10 points to Lucy Potter, because even though she wanted to come with her brother to protect him, he wanted to protect her so she didn’t go with them. But right when she heard something was wrong, she jumped up and made sure she was there to protect her friends, and actually went in with me to get her brother and protect him.”

I blushed and smiled up at my brother, who didn’t know yet that I actually went in with Dumbledore to help protect Harry and get him to the hospital wing safely. Out from the Gryffindor table came an explosion of cheers. We all stood up and tackled Neville with hugs, as he had made us win the house cup. People were hugging him not me because he had never won so much as a point for Gryffindor and now he had gotten 10 points. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all hugging me as I laughed and pointed to Malfoy. He looked like he had the body bind curse on him. Dumbledore clapped his hands and the Slytherin colors got changed to Gryffindor.

That was the best night of my life. Later that week, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I got our test results back. I passed with flying colors, as did Hermione. Suddenly, our trunks were packed and notes were handed out to all of the students warning us to not use magic over the holiday.  We were speeding past muggle towns munching on chocolate frogs and Bertie Bott’s Every flavor beans. We pulled off our robes and changed into our muggle clothes as we pulled into platform 9 ¾ at King’s Cross station. An old guard was standing at the platform wall so that we wouldn’t alarm the muggles when we all burst out of a solid wall.

“You have to come and stay this summer, all three of you.” Ron said. “I’ll send you guys an owl.” Ron said.

“Thank you, Ron, we’ll need something to look forward to.” I told him. As we jostled off the platform people shouted

“Bye, Harry! Bye Lucy!” and “See ya, p squared!” I chuckled as Ron said “Yep, still famous!”

“There he is Mum, there he is, look!” I smiled and pulled Harry over to Ron’s younger sister Ginny. “Hi, Ginny! I’ve heard all about you! I can’t wait to get to know you better! Oh by the way, my name’s Lucy Potter.” I said smiling. She blushed and looked down. “Yeah, I can’t wait to get to know you too!” She said while sneaking glances at Harry. I gave her a knowing look and looked to Mrs. Weasley. “Thanks for the fudge and the sweater Mrs. Weasley!” She smiled and said “Oh, it was nothing dear!” when Harry said the same thing.

“Well, are you ready?” Uncle Vernon said, purple faced and beady eyed as ever. Petunia and Dudley were waiting behind him. Mrs. Weasley looked like she was about to speak but I put a hand on her arm. “Don’t do it, he’ll only greet you with an insult. It’s not worth it.” I told her. She frowned and I walked back to give Hermione and Ron big hugs. I whispered in their ears “Owl me okay?” They nodded.

“Have a er— good holiday.” Hermione said looking uncertainly at the Dursleys.

“Oh, we will.” I said smiling evilly.

“Yeah, they don’t know we can’t use magic at home.” Harry said. We gave Ron and Hermione one last hug and went over to our prison for the summer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goodness, what a fun story this has been to write! I would like to say again that none of this is mine except for Lucy. It is all property of J.K. Rowling! She is my absolute favorite author! I used to be scared of Harry potter when all the movies and books were coming out (I'm a wimp with movies that have anything scary in them) but my friend was and she told me everything about every single Harry Potter movie. She thought that she was"GOING TO MARRY RON WEASLEY" and I din't even know who that was. (To this friend you know who you are) Then, this summer when HPDHP2 was out in theatres one of my newer friends got me into Harry Potter and we decided to watch every single Harry Potter movie in one night. (Different friend, but you know who you are) So, I hadn't read any of the books so I was clueless but I was automatically hooked. From then on I am a Harry Potter weirdo. :) Thank you to my friends who put up with me while I ramble on about this book and Harry Potter, thank you for sitting in on my long ramble, thanks again if you have stuck with this story to the very end, and thank you to J.K. Rowling for being my reason to write. 

I know that little ramble was lame concidering my stories like a nothing, but I just wanted to say that! I love you all and know that this story will be going into major edit and I might take a break from this and finish some of my other stories. I'm going to write a sequal to this and It will be set in the 4th year. 

Thanks again,

Love, Lucymaek

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 6.3K 16
This is a story about a young girl named Emily. Emily Pevensie. The youngest of the Pevensie siblings. And she's also Lucy's twin sister. Emily does...
16.1K 209 25
A girl with a tortured past Trying to get back on her feet She has gifts Gifts people would kill for Someone has already tried They'll try again. You...
167K 2.4K 34
Hope Potter the twin sister of Harry Potter , she is not some cliche sister like most of the Harry Potter twin sister books. She isn't like Hermione...
1K 143 24
*warning* It's a bit slow at first but it will get interesting soon. What if Harry had a twin sister but didn't know? What if his twin was saved only...