Luna and the Moon [H.S]

ingeniousstyles által

He couldn't stop himself from staring at the two most beautiful things in front of him... Luna and the moon b... Több

REWRITTEN
Epigraph
prologue + characters *
1: luna *
2: harry *
3: fruity talk
4: funerals + late texts
5: bad house party
6: explanation?
7: irrational decisions.
8: strangers > friends.
9: packers.
10: jackass boss
11: goodnight moon
12: drunken mess.
13: foible.
14: under the covers.
15: pillow... talk.
16: the night before.
18: trashed.
19: exes and ohs.
20: Christmas Morning.
21: "Quit flirting with my girlfriend"
22: red wine.
23: moonlight.
24: heartbroken.
25: missing piece.
26: busy.
27: wandering hands and outbursts.
28: missing.
29: scream.
30: faithfully yours.
31: letter.
32: birthday banana muffins.
33: tired.
34: trolley.
35: overwhelming.
36: first day.
37: this isn't a date.
38: waiting.
39: thinking.
40: supermarket flowers.
41. fix a heart.
42: cake.
43: photo.
44: tell me.
45: naked.
46: two most beautiful things...
47: blast from the past.
48: daddy's backstory.
49: forgiveness.
50: why.
51: key.
52: surprise?
53: bathroom floor.
54: change.
55: rainy day.
56: roller disco.
SORRY
57: 14.
58: snuggle.
59: moving vans.
60: mother-in-law.
61: white dresses.
62: livid.
63: come back home.
64: battlefield.
65: talk to me.
Long time no see..
66: nineteen.
67: one week until paris.
68: six days until paris.
69: five days until paris.
70: four days until paris.
71: three days until paris.
72: two days until paris.
73: tomorrow...
74: paris.
75: paris, part 2
76: SPEECHLESS.
EPILOGUE #1 | Baby's First Christmas

17: meet the family.

1.9K 69 20
ingeniousstyles által

^ look at this goddess .
^^ song attached is well emotional, but it's what I played on repeat when I wrote this :) {Gone by Bebe Rexha}

We had been parked outside Harry's childhood house for over two hours just waiting for a light to turn on his house. Each minute that past I would seemingly complain and Harry would teasingly tell me to shut up or else he'd drop me off in the woods and time how long it takes me until I found this house again. Which I'd punch his arm and playfully pout, only for him to lean over the arm rest separating us and kiss me. It was now coming up to eight in the morning and Harry saw the living room lights turn on followed shortly by the kitchen, minutes later a bedroom he told me was Gemma's old room turned on to. And it was time to rock up and meet the family...

Harry left all our stuff in the back of his car and decided to take it all in later once I am settled, which I was happy for, and suddenly here we were standing at his front door. Neither of us made any moves to ring the doorbell we just stood here staring at the wooden door in front of us.

"You do it."

"In a minute," he replied, nibbling down on his bottom lip.

"You aren't nervous are you?" I smirked slightly, nervous Harry is another favourite I think. His cheeks get slightly flustered, he fiddles with things like a thread on his clothes, a pen or a zipper on his jacket.

"Shut it Luna," his words making me giggle, only for him to let out an exhausted sigh and hit the doorbell. Which I will admit made me shut up immediately, my heart rate quickened and I was worried this is what the beginning of a heart attack would feel like. This is why I'm not a doctor. "Now who's the nervous one?"

Before I could shoot some silly comeback his way the door was opened revealing a tired blonde girl, her platinum blonde hair precisely cut to sit above her shoulders. She was in a black dressing gown that covered her pyjama shorts and tank top, clearly just awake she gasped and as she came to terms with who was at the front door and suddenly her eyes lit up.

"What the hell are you doing here so soon?" She smiled widely, her arms wrapping around Harry's shoulders, she reminded me of Harry and I immediately knew who she was; Gemma. Harry chuckled as his long tatted arms hugged his sister securely to his body. She was tall like myself which I couldn't help but notice. If I remember rightly Harry said she was twenty six years old, now I definitely felt super young compared to his family. She was eight years older than me. "Well hello, Lola right?"

"Luna," I mumbled, a deep heat flushing my cheeks — not a great start.

Harry and Gemma burst into childish giggles. "She's just teasing you," Harry explained which only made my cheeks flame brighter, Harry finding it adorable as he pinched my cheek and wrapped his arms around my shoulders and placed his lips to my temple. I was never one for PDA, but I adored the way Gemma watched in awe as her brother happily laughed and kissed my skin innocently. "Let's get inside its cold."

I slipped in after Harry and Gemma, the walls were painted an egg shell white with numerous sized photo frames hung along the hallway walls. Immediately the first photo I saw after I took my shoes off was a small Harry in baggy trousers, what looks like a football top with a bra over the top. His cheeky grin was still the same, his big glowing green eyes, his hair was probably the only evident difference.

"Harry! You look adorable!" I cooed, Harry's arms wrapped around my shoulders as he stood behind me. "Not sure you fully grasped what a bra is actually used for at that age, but still cute."

He chuckled behind me, his lips grazing my cheek as he did so. "You're funny Lu," Lu, that's a new nickname.

"He was a cheeky little thing," someone said from the distance, I turned away from the photo and saw an older lady with long brown hair, her eyes similar to Harry's along with her smile. A feeling of warmth and kindness was radiating off of her, reassuring me of the kind souls in this house. "I'm Anne, Harry's mum."

"Hi it's lovely to meet you," I gushed, pulling my body away from Harry's to stand in his mother's open arms. She engulfed me in a sweet embrace that also reminded me of Harry, tight and warm.

"Lucy isn't it?" Harry laughed wildly all over again. "I'm teasing, what are you laughing at?"

"Gemma bet you to it, sorry mum," I guess saying my name wrong was a little joke that was supposed to happen but his sister did it first.

Anne laughed and corrected herself, saying my actual name before placing a soft kiss to my cheek and welcoming me further into her house. Harry disappeared into the living room and I was dragged into the kitchen. Harry's laughter ringing through the house and my heart fluttering at the sound. Anne let me take a seat at the large cluttered kitchen table, scissors, wrapping paper and tags dotted the table.

"Harry looks happy," Gemma smiled as she walked in, followed by a tall brunette with bright blue eyes; Jack. "Jack this is Luna, Luna this is my boyfriend Jack."

"Hi it's so nice to meet you," I smiled getting a quick side hug from the tall man. He was obviously fresh out the shower with his hair still damp and strong cologne scent lingering on his body.

"Jack," Harry nodded coming into the room. Jack pulled back from me and gave Harry one of those bro hugs. Once they pulled away I could sense the tension lingering between them, Harry's face wasn't holding his friendly adorable features I'm so used to and Jack looked stone cold as he walked away and wrapped his arm around Gemma protectively.

"Why hello," a deep voice came from behind me, I turned in my chair and smiled brightly at the shorter man. This has to be Robin. His smile was infectious, his eyes were warm and his jolly persona could've lit up a dark alleyway. "I'll be the first to get your name right I guess, it's so wonderful to meet you Luna," I heard Anne and Gemma groan at his attempted humour, now I can see where Harry gets his comedic trait; his stepdad.

"It's really great to meet you Robin," I stood up to hug him, from the corner of my eye I saw Harry proudly smiling at our exchange with a deep blush embedded in his cheeks. His embrace reminded me of my father, scratch that, everything about Robin reminded me of my father and it pained me.

"Quite the hugger aren't we," he chuckled, I quickly stepped away realising I had lingered in the hug longer than necessary, mumbling an empty apology as I stepped back into Harry's chest.

I felt Harry's lips against my ear, "you alright?" Strands of his hair tickling my temple. I nodded simply shrugging off the topic and nuzzling my back further into him.

"How come you are here so early?" Anne asked, putting the kettle on.

"Luna couldn't sleep and I'd finished packing up the car so I just thought, why not," Harry shrugged.

"Yeah we were waiting in your driveway for two hours, that's how early he made us," I laughed. Anne then told Harry off for making me wait so long before he excused himself to get our bags from the car, making me stay inside because the snow started again. The amount of snowfall has surprised me, but I wouldn't want anything less. It's only Christmas when it snows. I stood by the large window in the kitchen, Anne and Robin making an impressive start on a large brunch (Breakfast & Lunch) as a welcoming for Harry and I. Gemma and Jack were upstairs, Harry was taking our stuff in and I just stood looking out at the snow covered field that was beside Harry's house.

I can imagine a small Harry making snowmen and snow angels on that hill, soaking his clothes and getting snow in his welly-boots as he played.

"You okay sweetheart?" Anne said as she rested her hand soothingly on my shoulder, Harry's family was too sweet. My parents would have loved all of them.

"Yeah, just really happy to be here," I smiled warmly, a sting burning in the back of my eyes, the urge to cry from happiness was too much and suddenly a single tear rolled down my cheek catching Anne's attention immediately. "Sorry," I laughed, wiping my eyes and letting a heavy puff of air escape my lips.

"Aw love, we're not that great," she chuckled sadly, hugging me close to her chest. She was literally my height, making it more comforting to squish my face into the crook of her neck. "What's gotten you so upset? Do you miss your parents?" I snapped back to look at her confusedly, maybe Harry did tell them. "I was gonna ask why you're here instead of with them, I just didn't know the right time to ask."

So he didn't. "They um... They died in a car accident a couple weeks ago," I mumbled. I heard a clutter from Robin as he dropped a metal spoon he held, sharply turning to face me. "Their funeral was the day after I met Harry."

"I'm so sorry, we had no idea. Harry never told us," she frowned, almost wondering if Harry himself knew.

"You were always busy when he called, and vise Versa so I just told him I'd tell you when I got here," I shrugged.

"You're such a brave young girl," Anne whispered into my hair as she cuddled me. A thud from the door closing made me pull away from Anne suddenly, placing a finger over my lips to tell her and Robin to be quiet about what just happened. I know Harry, if he knows I got myself upset he'll faff around me and make a big deal out of nothing. That's just him, but I love that about him.

"Hey so Luna," Harry began, stepping into the kitchen, he looked at me for a short second before continuing. "I wanna take you somewhere, it's a little bit away and we're walking, so if you go put on warmer clothes I'll find you some wellies."

I just smiled and placed a hard peck to his cool cheek before running up the stairs. Harry had left the bedroom door open, but I knew I'd be able to tell which room was his. The walls were painted blue; pretty much like every young boy's rooms would be, a couple band posters hung on the walls by sticky tack; Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The 1975 and others, making the room look more compact than it originally is. He had a large wardrobe, a chest of drawers that were littered with stickers and photographs from his childhood. Photos of his parents, Robin and Anne's wedding, baby Harry, Harry and Gemma, but the one that caught my eye was a blonde girl kissing his cheek and him blushing with that adorable cheeky grin I love so much.

Both Harry and I's suitcases were placed together on his bed, which was all white. I pulled out a thick woolly jumper and replaced my baggy bed tee with the jumper, leaving my leggings on but adding thick fluffy red socks over my feet. I grabbed one of Harry's jackets that sat hanging over a chair in the corner of the room, it was a suede brown jacket that hugged me and warmed me up the second it covered me. I headed downstairs and was greeted by Harry's back as he leaned against the living room door where all of Harry's family sat talking about lunch.

"Be back before half twelve, that's when everything should be ready," Anne instructed, that gave us two hours to do whatever Harry had planned. I was excited, I haven't really gone out on a walk with a boy before and something tells me it could be very cute. I tapped Harry's shoulder and he looked at me with a beaming smile, the thoughts of that blonde girl kissing his cheek still framed in his room beginning to slip away. "Have fun you two."

...

Harry's cold hand was wrapped with mine, he gave me his gloves since I failed to bring a pair, my feet covered by Gemma's welly boots crunched in the undisturbed white blanket that covered the green grass. Harry humming some tune he heard on the radio when we were parked outside this morning, the comfortable silence lingering around us was peaceful, only disturbed by the harsh nippy wind and rustling of leaves as the branches swayed in the wind. Harry led me to the edge of the Forrest and we took a sharp turn and slowly descended along a smaller pathway down the hill, a small trickling stream slowly beginning to grow larger the further we walked.

When both sides of us were covered with trees is when I spotted the surprise, it was a small wooden bridge leading from one side of the stream to the other. The snow lay peacefully over the bridge, the edges of the stream grazed by a thin layer of ice. "This is beautiful," I breathed, the warmth of my breath mingling with the frosty air which produced a misty fog to escape instead. We stood in the middle of the bridge, Harry swiping away some of the layered snow on the railing so we could lean our arms there.

"You were crying earlier weren't you?" He asked suddenly, the misty air puffing out in front of him as he spoke. Obviously he could tell I was completely unaware he knew as he explained how exactly he knew. "I saw it in your eyes. The brown darkens and your eyes get glossy."

My heart warmed at the fact he knew such a tiny detail about me. "I told your mum and Robin about my parents," his face snapped to look at me with sad yet wide eyes. "I was thinking about how much my family would have loved yours, and you," I smiled sadly. "I started crying for no reason really and I had to explain obviously."

"I wanted to be with you when you told them."

"Why?" I frowned, turning to look at him. The white scene around us so pure and bright made the greens of his eyes so much more vivid. It was almost like spotting the first green leaf showing as winter begins to disappear.

"I don't know, I just thought it would've been easier for you if I was there beside you," he shrugged. A rosy pink painted over his cheekbones, whether that be due to his shy behaviour suddenly or Jack Frost nipping at his skin, it was adorable how flushed he got. I rested my head against his shoulder, the fuzzy material of his black jacket tickling my sensitive, cold cheek.

"It's okay, I love your mum," I smiled, eyes watching the water trickling away from my view as it flowed beneath us, hidden by the wooden bride we stood upon. I felt his cold fingers touch my chin as he tilted my head up to look at him. "What?" I whispered, my voice lost in the wispy winds lacing around our bodies. My brown eyes connected with his as he frowned, just staring at me, a small smile suddenly touching his lips and tugging his dark pink lips upward.

"Doesn't matter," he was still smiling like a cheeky child who found out a secret he was so desperate to share but knew he couldn't. I giggled at his behaviour and wrapped my arms around his waist as I cuddled into his side. "You look good in my jacket. I mean it's still mine, but you look good," he chuckled, bopping the tip of my red nose with his forefinger. My cool lips pressing a gentle kiss to his jawline, lingering over the skin for a few seconds before pulling away. What word is suitable to describe the amount of feelings I have for this man?? "We should get back before we get sick," he smiled weakly, kissing my forehead and resting his chin there as his arms tightened around me, like a shield protecting me from the winds.

I pulled back and kissed his lips, the tingling feeling of numbness disappearing as our lips warmed each other's. Slow and steady like we always do, these kisses will never fail to surprise me and ignite the fire within me. I have so many emotions built up for Harry, so many I'm not sure Like is strong enough anymore...

I pulled back suddenly as a thought crossed my mind, I know what's after liking someone but will I hell admit that to myself. I won't say it, I won't even think it.

"Let's go," I forced a huge smile on my face. I'm too attached already, my plan of protecting my heart is turning to shit right now. There's no chance I could love him already... No chance.

_______________________

A/N; the reason I update at least every day is so you guys don't forget what happened in the last chapter and get confused. Also because the highlight of my day is reading your comments, whether you comment once at the end or throughout the chapter I love each and every one of you <3 also i go back to college in 3 weeks, so the more I prewrite and update the less work it'll be when I'm so focused on college x

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.7M 14K 57
Any ideas you have or want to see message me xx
474K 29.9K 94
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
2.1M 110K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
758K 35.6K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...